Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An Assassin's Dream and Downfall

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

An Assassin's Dream and Downfall Empty
PostSubject: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:28 am

This is an expanded backstory for my character Drake in the Open RP section. I'm planning to write several entries for him and possibly more, so stay tuned!

Entry Starts

I hate diaries. I think they're rather pointless, especially for me. Why waste time writing down memories of something you so desperately want to erase from your mind? It's a weight I always have to bear on my back, now and forever. I'm not sure then if I'd even call this a "diary," as it's not so much for my personal use. Maybe I should call it an autobiography.

Anyways, I guess I should mention I'm not a people person. Never have been really. I suppose I'm writing about my life to try to feel some relief of letting it go, but also in case someone happens to find this, they can know more about me and why I do the things I do. I could never tell someone in person so much about me and my past, but I have no qualms in writing them on a blank page.

To start out with, yes, I'm a bad person. I've done terrible, unforgivable things, and some I feel absolutely no remorse for. For anyone who ends up knowing me and finds this, I'm not asking for forgiveness. I don't deserve it. All I'm asking for is to be understood, to help explain why I've done certain things in my life. I guess the best place to start with it the beginning, so here goes.

I grew up in a small village named Acheron. It was located in the middle of Bluewood, named after the abundance of special trees that grew blue leaves, commonly used for medical purposes. Doctors would crush the leaves up in put them in various medicines, balms, salves, etc. I was an only child with a loving mother and a father. My mother, she was the best thing in my life. So caring, kind, and cheerful, always giving me a bright smile and holding me when I was upset, saying "It's okay Drake. Everything's going to be alright," while gently stroking my hair. She sang the sweetest lullabies to me and read me books. My favorites were fairy tales, because they told of worlds and people far away from our little boring village. They were exciting and full of wonder. She didn't have a fulltime job, but she helped the baker down the street, and was even given bread each day along with her pay. She had to have time to cook, clean, and take care of me. Speaking for cooking, she cooked hot meals for my father and I, going out in the afternoon to pick fresh meat, vegetables, and fruit and she used them in a variety of ways. I loved my mother. I could write an entire book just about her and the many wonderful things she's done for me when I was little, but it wouldn't say much about my life as a whole.

Now as for my father, I can't say as much. He wasn't mean or abusive like some other fathers were, and I suppose I should be grateful for that, but he never gave me any attention. He worked with his friend at a blacksmith, partners in their own business. They were both very skilled, and together made good quality weapons and armor at a somewhat fast pace. Because of this, he got a decent amount of coin from his work, but it didn't last long when he was introduced to gambling. The blacksmith was open from the morning to evening, so my father was gone all that time, and when he got home, he'd eat with us, barely talking at all at the table, then he'd go out all night to gamble the money he earned that day. He soon had an addiction for gambling, and you'd think he'd be good enough at it to make money with all the time he spent doing it, but that was far and few in between. Every now and then he'd come home with more money then he went with, sometimes doubling it, but it didn't last long, as he'd gamble the rest of it the next day. My mother ended up working longer shifts at the baker's shop, and even began to grow her own vegetables and fruit, as we didn't have enough money to buy things fresh.

My mother refrained from talking about my father's gambling at the dinner table. I think she didn't want me to worry, though many times I'd ask her in private why we couldn't have fresh food anymore, or why they couldn't buy me the toy all the other boys had. She'd give me a regretful look and say, "I'm sorry Drake, but we just don't have as much money as we used to." When it was my bedtime, many times I'd sneak down the hall and listen quietly to what my parents discussed. They never knew I was even there, hearing their every word. My mother, who always seemed to have a quiet and kind demeanor, completely lashed out at my father, yelling at him for wasting all his money gambling, scolding him for his lack of attention to her and me, and how he was a bad father. In response, he became angry, and yelled back, saying he needed a "hobby" to relax himself of his hard work. I don't think they ever escalated to violence, but they always yelled, and this happened almost every night. Even if I didn't eavesdrop on their conversations, which always seemed to be the same, I wouldn't have been able to sleep with all the noise.

Outside my home life, I didn't have much going for me. I was a quiet and shy boy, and very serious. My peers enjoyed playing in mud and fighting each other with wooden swords, while I preferred to read. They often mocked me of my behavior, ridiculing me and sometimes hurting me because I wasn't like them. I had no friends. I tried to be like them, lower my intelligence and seriousness to be flocking idiots like the lot of them, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't function at their level, because I was so much better than them, and even as a child, I knew that. I was much smarter than them, more mature than them, and better than them in every way mentally. Perhaps that was a reason they bullied me. Maybe they were jealous. Maybe I'm just over-thinking it. Nevertheless it ostracized me from every social activity with them: school, holiday events, even playing outside, something I never really enjoyed. I'd end up getting pummeled by them just for being there(I assume they had nothing more entertaining to do), and my mother would tend to my wounds, and I'd lying about them, saying I fell down and hurt myself. I was never clumsy. I liked the stray dogs though. There were three strays, dirty and smelly, that I'd play fetch with occasionally, and they'd lick my face all over in gratitude. But that was about it. The boys my age, they made me think about things. Often I fantasized hurting them, having some sort of power above them, and even when they'd try to gang up on me, I'd still hurt all of them without a scratch. I had dreams about it too. I never let anyone know about my fantasies though, because I knew they weren't accepted by society. My hatred for them grew stronger every time I saw them, especially since I was completely alone in my life, save for my mother.

I was ten when the raid happened. It was the worst day of my life. Our village was in the middle of a forest, away from resources, except our blue leaves of course, so I never knew why a raid happened in the first place. We weren't a wealthy village, we weren't a vital location for war, or anything like that. I remember sleeping in my bed when it happened. I heard shouting from outside. I got up and went to my window, seeing men with leather armor and face paint, running on their feet and horses, hacking every woman in the streets with swords and maces. I couldn't believe my eyes. I wasn't close with anyone in my village enough to love, or even care about them, but these were still the faces I saw every day, the people I knew, being slaughtered. The men, husbands and brothers of the women tried to fight off the raiders, but they ended up getting killed as well. My mother ran up to my room in a frantic hurry. "Drake, stay in the house no matter what happens, alright?," she said. I asked where she was going. "I'm going to find your father, then we'll all get out of here, okay?" She hugged me tightly and told me how much she loved me. I felt her tears soak my shirt. Then she left. I did what she said, I'd never disobey her, and waited, watching out the window of all the villagers being massacred, their bloody faces burning in my retina. I saw my mother running in the street towards the blacksmith, and a man on a horse charging at her. She was almost to the door, when the man punched her head from behind, knocking her to the ground. I screamed and ran out of the house to her, as fast as I could. The man jumped off his horse, and noticing me, he hit me on the head with his mace so I too fell face first to the ground. The pain was immense. I couldn't move. Turning his disgusting face to me, he gave me a sick and twisted smile before bashing his mace into my mother's head repeatedly. Her blood stained the streets as I cried out to her, my face wet with tears. I cursed at the man, and now approaching me, he kicked my stomach, rolling me across the dirty road. The pain was unbearable. As I felt my end coming near, I heard a voice call out, "Enough Roderick!" It was feminine, yet had a powerful presence to it. I couldn't even look up to see who she was as my vision was fuzzy from the blow. I heard the man, I suppose his name was Roderick, call back, "Can't I just finish the brat off?" "No!," demanded the woman, now in a sterner tone. "I want him alive. He's too young now, but I see potential in him, for later on." Roderick grumbled a little bit and I heard horse clomps. Soon everything was silent, and with the pain getting to me more than ever, I closed my eyes and drifted into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 10:37 am

Hey guys, I know this story is dark, and doesn't have any midara in it, but I was saving that for later parts. I'd like to continue this soon when I get the chance. Thanks for your patience
Back to top Go down
VulcanS

VulcanS

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 6:41 pm

I definitely don't mind the wait! Not showing your hand immediately is more than okay. It keeps readers from getting jaded, no matter their impatience.
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm gonna continue this now. I know the last post didn't have any midara, but I couldn't(or at least I wasn't comfortable) have a midara interact with a child. This and future posts will have midara though I promise.

So yeah, that's my childhood. It sucked to say the least. Fortunately, life became somewhat better for me, though those experiences never left me. I can still remember that day so clearly. The flames burning the whole village were dancing and their bright, beautiful and yet ugly image are burned in my mind. The women's shrieks, especially my mother's, are also very clear. I have nightmares involving them. I won't go into detail, but I'll just say they're not fun. Not fun at all. Neither is waking up in a cold sweat and screaming. Whoa, I got sidetracked there. I won't dwell too much on my childhood. I already talked it so I'll just continue where I left off.

After the raid, nothing was the same and yet nothing changed either. No one mentioned what happened or the losses they suffered. It was like it never happened at all, people just moved on wih their lives like nothing happened! It was eerie, seeing these folks who you know just lost a brother or son or wife or daughter just going on with their normal daily routine. You could tell things were different though. People moved sluggishly and their faces were stuck in a permanent look, either of fear or bitter sorrow. There was a chilling tension in the air too, like you knew if you did just the slightest thing, that everyone would explode like a bomb. That was one of the reasons I decided to leave my village.

Things with my father also changed and yet were the same. He still gambled, but he talked more, specifically at the dinner table. He'd ask me the same questions, like "How was your day?," or "How're you doing?," which I'd respond with the same answers. My day was fine. I'm doing good. Both lies of course. Nobody ever knew what was really going on in my head. Being mature and smart at a young age isn't necessarily a good thing. People expect you to act like a child, and yet you think like a grown adult. Things still affect you like a child though. It's hard to explain. I was still bullied for a little bit, now even more so since the bastards down the street needed something or someone, like me, to forget about their dead relatives for a while. Yeah, I know that's pretty f&#ked up. On the bright side, I didn't take it like a coward anymore. I was so angry then, bottling up my emotions from their constant physical and mental harassment, not to mention the loss of my mother, that I just lashed out at them one day. I threw the main bully, Samson, to the ground and just wailed on him. It's kind of blurry, but I just remember hitting him over and over until he cried and bled. Some adults broke up our fight and I went home. They never bullied me again. I think they were afraid of me. They'd stare at me, their faces fixed with fear and point at me, then cower into a huddle when I saw them. I liked it actually. I felt powerful, in charge. Their reactions to me meant I had power over them, and they knew if they messed with me again, I'd really let 'em have it. All of them. My goodness, I was on my father and I just got sidetracked again. Sorry. That's how my life goes though. Everything just intertwines and connects with each other, because every experience, every memory is connected with my mind and how I think. Anyways, my father talked to me a little more often, and he'd always mention my mother, almost on a daily basis, and say how she loved me so much, was so proud of me, and how I was the best thing in her life. It was nice. He still gambled though, and would come home later than me, so I had to start cooking meals, since he was so used to coming home with dinner waiting for him. I became a decent chef, but nothing I made was ever fancy. It was like the food you'd find at a local tavern: cheap, filling, and tasty enough. I had to cook things cheap, bargaining and haggling with every merchant around since my father blew most of our money. Luckily they understood my situation, and I did small little jobs and tasks here and there to earn some coin. It felt great, earning money that I had control of. I could do whatever I wanted with it. I saved most of it, but used a little to buy fresher foods for our meals. My father besides, gambling, also began to drink heavily, probably to cope with my mother being gone. I think that's a reason I got into drinking a lot too, as they say, 'Like father like son.' He did love her though, as many flaws as he had. I knew he also blamed himself for what happened. I could tell by his face when he talked about her. His cheeks would sag, his smile(if he had one) would quickly flip, and his eyes drooped to the ground. He gambled and drank more than ever after that day, on a daily basis almost, and I couldn't really blame him. He had those ways to cope with it. And me? I didn't have a coping mechanism. Well, I talked to myself. A lot. When no one was watching of course. If this makes sense, I made a different personality of myself, one who was older, wiser, and like a father figure to me. Yes, I know this sounds crazy. I talked to "him," even though it was myself, and he'd tell me everything was going to be alright and that he was there for me. Kind of pathetic, but I guess I needed someone to tell me those things, since my actual father didn't really.

I ran away when I was fourteen. Well, I wouldn't call it running away exactly, as that denotes that I didn't tell my father. After supper one day, I talked to him, and told him how I hated the village, I hated my peers, and honestly, that I couldn't live with him anymore. He wasn't a father to me so much as a child I had to feed and take care of. He coped with gambling and drinking while I talked to myself, which by the way, isn't a very healthy thing. You end up isolated as your only friend and convince yourself to stay away from the world around you. I brought up all these points logically and calmly, and he agreed that he wasn't a good father. He didn't offer to change, but he gave me money, food, water, and supplies. I think he knew I could make it out there. I was intelligent, mature, and had a strong will. He said my mother would've wanted me to be free, set loose from everything I've been dealing with. I thanked him, gave him a hug goodbye, and left. I didn't tell him I loved him. I couldn't, as bad as it sounds. I picked some blue leaves off the trees on the outskirts of the village(luckily I learned how to do basic medical treatment using these leaves from a doctor in my village) and left.

I walked for days, what seemed like forever, and when it was nighttime, I'd slept up in a tree. One night, I had a strange dream. I usually had nightmares or dreams about that day of the raid, but this one was completely different, as if someone was magically controlling my dreams. I heard a soft voice, one of a woman, calling out to me. I saw a silhouette, and a very nice one at that, and came close to it. The silhouette leaned in and kissed me, but I couldn't see her face, or any of the rest of her body. It was just black, like a shadow. Just then, I was awoken, startled by a man wearing all black. "We've been watching you for a long time Drake. You're just what we need." "What're you talking about?," I asked. "Who are you?" "My name is Simon. I'm from the Brotherhood of Assassins. I've come to recruit you." "Why?" "Your intelligence, your will, your mind. You have so much potential at such a young age that our leader said you'd make the perfect assassin. Will you join us?" It was all too much to take in, but I had no where to go. I was just blindly going to travel until I found a better place to be, which you probably wouldn't expect from me since I'm now quite tactical and always make a plan. I went with him, and he brought me to a secret tunnel hidden in a tree stump not too far away from where I was. Their leader, called Blade, welcomed me. He had dark eyes and a long scar on his right cheek. He was in his 40s. He told me of what I would become here. Their secret weapon. Apparently he was an expert at judging people's potential and I had a lot. I started training immediately.

There's no point in mentioning each day I trained. It'd take too long, and I did many of the same things over and over. Assassins must be perfect, as they only get one opportunity to strike. I practiced being stealthy, moving ever so quietly even in heavy and loud clothing so I wouldn't make a sound whatsoever. The key to it is where you place your weight. We did a lot of cardio, as an assassin must be fast as the wind to enter and escape quickly. We did some physical training, but assassins don't need to carry a lot of weight, in fact, most carry as little as possible. So I'm not all that strong. Blade was so serious about my training(and everyone else's) that he wouldn't give anyone a contract for at least five years. I woke up early, trained until the afternoon, took a break, then trained until the evening. I read and studied, went to bed, and repeated the process daily. The Brotherhood of Assassins was never a lively group of people. It was a business. Yet many were friends, to the point of being as close as brother would be, but I never was. Many were friendly and polite to me, and of course I returned that, but I didn't trust them. They weren't suspicious, but my past experiences taught me not to trust others. I regret never being very close with them, but because I took to myself, I became more skilled than any of them. They'd talk to each other while I'd study or meditate, becoming more in tune with my mind and body.

One day, while I was in my room reading a book in my room on meditation, I heard a low whisper from outside. "Drake! Come here!" I cautiously approached the door, and opened it ever so slowly. When I faced the source of the voice, I saw a fairly attractive girl with a black cloak over her. I could only see her face, as the rest of her was covered. She had pale white skin and raven hair. "Drake," she said softly. "I'm here for you." She leaned in and kissed me. All I could manage was a muffled sound as it continued, completely baffled at what was going on. She leaned her weight on me, and though she was a small girl, about my age of fourteen, pushed me to the ground, now shoving her tongue into my mouth. Her lips were indescribable. Just kissing her, I felt so much love, so much passion. It felt good to be alive, to be with her, and I hadn't felt anything that good before, but... I woke up. It was just a dream. I wasn't too surprised, as something like that was too good to be true, but still wished I was dreaming, because at least then I'd feel that warmth, that happiness. I was kind of an empty shell, emotionally at least. I felt a wetness below me, and wouldn't you know it, I had made a mess of my pants. My first wet dream was amazing, not just because of the lust, but I felt so happy to be alive that it was just incredible, like I was floating in the air.

Five years passed. Training every day, and even more when I pushed myself while my peers, who were recruited at different times, some before me, some after, wasted time being "friends," I was preparing for my first contract. All I had to do was assassinate a robber who had been pillaging people's houses in a nearby village. Easy enough. He wasn't hard to find, and he had no associates. When I entered his hideout, he was sleeping like a child, cuddled up into a ball. I did the job quick and silently, and took his money, which was stolen from others. I returned to the Brotherhood and told Blade of my success. He beamed and said he wasn't surprised. I was given payment, and when asked about the money he stole, I lied and said it wasn't at his hideout, that it must have been kept away somewhere else. They believed me. I had a secret hiding place for my stash, under the floorboards in my room, which was under my bed. No one would ever think to know there was something hidden there.

I received contracts about every week, sometimes twice a week, and I performed them all to perfection. I went in, did my assignment, and escaped without being caught. Sometimes, people would try to follow me, but I'd always lose them. Always. I never harmed anyone besides my assignment(#1 rule in the Brotherhood), and no one discovered any traces of me or even had a clue to my identity or affiliation. I did my job so fast and efficiently that Blade would give me contracts that were supposed to go to my peers. Needless to say, I became the least liked assassin by my peers. But I didn't care. I was getting rich, and more skilled with every contract. My coin from contracts alone was impressive enough, but it wasn't enough for me. I also stole from my assignments after I disposed of them, which isn't allowed by the Brotherhood's rules, but no one knew. I suppose I was obsessed with money, to the point I could never have enough. My priorities are different now, but I still love earning money. All those years watching my father squander it and not having much to even eat off of fed my frenzy for it. I also thought that money would prevent me from being a lousy, neglective father like mine was, if I ever had children.

Most contracts Blade gave us were of criminals: thieves, murderers, rapists, etc. Some were corrupt officials such as leaders of towns and captains of guards, while others weren't necessarily evil in any way, but had information about the Brotherhood, or were catching on to our existence and whereabouts. Those contracts were of top priority to Blade. His philosophy was that the Brotherhood was for the better of humankind, getting rid of bad men, but since so many wanted the Brotherhood and its assassins exterminated, we had to stay quiet and keep others quiet of any information regarding us. We've killed people's friends, family, and leaders, so we weren't exactly loved by everyone. I was blinded by my greed though, and started to take the path downhill. Blade never gave any of us contracts to kill innocent, good men and women, but I found out how. I'd train in the day, and go to towns at night. Blade liked me so much that he gave me special permission to do so. There was a purpose to this. I'd scope out the town and its citizens to see who was dirty and who wasn't. I'd report back to Blade and even get contracts to take some of them out. But I also went into the underworld of towns, so to speak. I'd frequent bars and taverns often, the scummy ones of course(as no decent pub would have lowlives in them) and conversate with men there. They spoke of men they hated, good men with good lives. They were jealous of their wealth, or wanted to eliminate competition in certain fields of business, or wanted something from them. I offered my assistance, and killed many of these good men they mentioned, getting paid between contracts, and respected and liked by criminals. The towns didn't know who was killing who, but made wanted posters of a "mysterious killer." The Brotherhood heard of this "killer," and did an investigation of it. I'm not sure of who the Brotherhood has contact with to be so skilled at finding information, but it didn't take long for Blade to discover my outside work. We met privately, and he confided that he was the only one who knew what I was doing, and that he was extremely disappointed, but since I was his favorite student, that he'd give me a second chance. Any other assassin would be banished from the Brotherhood, or given a severe punishment. I stopped doing any jobs outside the Brotherhood for a long time, about five years, and the "mysterious killer" vanished from towns. No one spoke of him or his legacy again.

I was twenty-five years old when Blade was dying. He had an incurable sickness, and not even the best of medicine could cure him. He was my teacher, my leader, and the closest thing I had to a father. He not only taught me the art of an assassin, but forgave me like a son and loved me like one too. He was in his 50s at the time. I remember staying by him while he was in his bed, looking as pale as a ghost, and coughing like an earthquake. "You've done so well over the years Drake. I'm proud to have been able to teach you. When I die, the Brotherhood will need a new leader. And I'm entrusting that responsibility to you." I nodded. "Thank you Blade. I will never forget you." He died two days later, and had written in his will of me and my promotion. The rest of the Brotherhood were angry and bitter, since they already hated me, but now had a reason to dislike me even more. Since I received the contracts and had the authority to hand them out, I gave my inferiors simple ones, and saved the best for myself. They never knew, but I'm sure they suspected, especially since I'd be gone often, which I wasn't supposed to be. I would periodically see them talking quietly together, but when they saw me, would disperse. I could've been paranoid, but I suspected they were planning something. Something against me.

I didn't mention of my dreams from those years. Ever since that first dream I had when I was fourteen, every night I dreamt of that girl, that beautiful girl, and she'd kiss me every night, and I'd feel that splendid bliss. I didn't have nightmares anymore, but dreams of love, of something better. I was in my chamber, meditating, when I heard a soft whisper call out, "Drake! Come here!" I cautiously approached the door, and opened it ever so slowly. When I faced the source of the voice, I saw her. She was a woman now though, roughly my age. She had pale white skin and long raven hair. She had lips painted red and dark eyeshadow. I couldn't see her body, as it was covered by a long black cloak, but it was modest. That's good. I don't care for buxom women with ridiculously flashy bodies. She was very pretty, but her face is what shined to me. Her breasts and rear weren't flat, but modestly sized. She smiled as I looked at her. I didn't know what to say. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and she giggled cutely. What could I say to this woman, whom I've mysteriously dreamed about since my teenage years? "Hello Drake. My name is Eve. I am the Night Mother, who watches all my children." The Night Mother was a myth. A tale of a shadow woman who watched over and protected assassins in their work. I raised an eyebrow, and her confident smile quickly turned to nervousness. "Okay, I'm not really, but I wanted to talk to you. May I come in?" How could I reject her? "Of course. Make yourself at home." She eagerly plopped herself down on my bed and gazed at me. I returned her look. She was so beautiful, perfect even, like Snow White. "I know you've dreamed of me," she said at last, after minutes of us just staring at each other. "Uh, um, you have?," I blurted. She giggled again. "Yes. I gave you those dreams of me. I've watched you for a long time Drake. There's something special about you, something unlike other men." I gave her a questioning look, and she continued. "I'm a midara Drake. I'm sure in your studies you've read about them." I nodded. Of course I've read about midara. From what I read they were quite interesting beings, women lustfully chasing after men and having sex with them. The Brotherhood only consisted of men, and though I went with women back to their homes occasionally in the towns I visited, I never really got to know any or have a real relationship with. She looked down from me and to the bed, her finger tracing a circle gracefully on my bedsheets. "I could've gone to any man and made him worship me Drake. But after I saw you, I didn't want to. I not only wanted someone to enjoy physical pleasure with, I wanted someone to be with. And I want you." "Why?," I asked, not that I really needed to know, but just curious. "You've gone through so much. You have so much anger in you, but I know you just want to find love. I discovered that when I entered your mind so you'd dream of me. I know beyond that tough exterior is a kind and genuine man who's just been through some tough times, someone who'd lay their life down for someone they care about. Not every man would do that." I lifted a finger as if to say something, but no words came out of my mouth. She was right. Every word. Of course I wanted to find love, but my past had taught me that was impossible. I wanted to be happy with a woman and have friends who cared about me, but I thought those relationships either wouldn't happen or end in more misery for me, something I didn't want to experience. After a long while, when Eve just looked at me, waiting for a response, I finally said, "I'd like to get to know you better. Wanna get a drink?" "Yes." We went to a bar in a nearby town, a good bar mind you, and drank and talked. She was shy and reserved, as was I, but we talked of our lives, our dreams and desires, and what we wanted in life. We had many things in common. I drank til I was drunk and blacked out, waking up to feel Eve sitting on top of my groin, and me laying down on my bed. I was still groggy. "Eve?," I slurred, still to drunk to speak correctly. "Wush goin on?" She put a finger to my lips. "Ssshhh. Just relax Drake. Everything is gonna be alright. She leaned her face close to mine. I could smell a sweet, intoxicating perfume on her, which made me even more groggy, as if I wasn't enough. She puckered her lips and kissed me softly. I felt so happy to be alive. This woman, who had been in my dreams was real, and it felt so good to be with her, to kiss her and feel her. There was a warmth in my heart, and I felt something there, as if it was being filled. I felt giddy, confused, and so many other emotions at the same time. I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time.... love. We kissed for only minutes, going from soft and lovingly to passionate and heated. It felt so much longer than it was, and before I knew it, my vision was growing foggy. "Just sleep Drake. We'll be together soon, I promise," she whispered into my ear before I drifted into sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a start. There was banging on my door. I got up, and strangely enough, was intoxicated anymore, and opened it. Simon was standing there, looking frightened. "We.. uh, have a situation Drake. You need to come down to the Corridor, like now." The Corridor was like a living room, a place we had meetings and such. I nodded, closed the door, and put on my gear. I moved my bed and opened up the floorboards to retrieve some of my money, as I wanted to go drink after this meeting, and to my shock, discovered it was gone! All of my savings, my money I earned and kept since I was fourteen, just gone! In it's place was a bundle and a piece of parchment. It read, 'Dear Drake, when we talked last night, I felt so alive just being with you. You really are the type of man I want to spend the rest of my life with, but before that can happen, I have to do this as one last test. I've taken your money and hidden it. In its place I've given you my magical cloak. It will allow you to become invisible if you think it. Use it to protect you. Love, Eve.' There was a red lipstain on the bottom. I was angry and confused. She stole all of my money! I'm not sure if she even loved me or not. It was possible that she scammed me from the start, but I had to make sure. I shifted my attention to finding her and getting an answer. And I'd start that quest as soon as I finished with the idiots waiting for me downstairs. I put on Eve's cloak. It was soft and warm. I went down and entered the Corridor to a room filled with contempt filled faces, all glaring at me like they wanted to rip my head off. "You know what we just found out?," asked Bruce, one of them. "What?," I asked. "That you lied to us for six years, you bastard! The Night Mother-" "Night Mother?!," I interjected. "YES the Night Mother came to us and told us how you were the 'mysterious killer.' You betrayed the Brotherhood and killed innocent men for your own selfish gain, you worthless piece of shit!" "We should kill you right now!," chimed another. "And Blade isn't here to protect you!" I stared at them as they slowed approached me, their hands on their belts, ready to unsheathe their daggers. I usually am cool and collected when I think of a plan, but this time I was panicking. These guys absolutely hated me before, and now they have a reason to kill me. I ran and ran as they chased me, cursing and calling out to me. I exited through a secret tunnel and thought of being invisible. I looked down at my arms, and to my bewilderment, I was! Eve's cloak worked! I ran silently through the forest. I heard the assassins' voices faintly, but they must have lost sight of me, as I heard them no more. I went to a town some miles away and thought of being visible, which I became. The cloak acted on thought. I took a seat in the corner of a local pub and had a drink, thinking of what just happened. Why did Eve steal my money? Why did she rat me out to the assassins? How'd she even know this stuff about me? Did I say it when I was drunk? So many thoughts swirled in my mind that my head hurt. I drank some more. I wondered if Eve really loved me like she said she did. I hoped she did. It was my one chance at love, and I wasn't gonna f#&k it up by sitting around and moping. I needed answers. I chugged the rest of my drink and paid the bartender with the little coin I had left. I'd make some more soon. But more importantly than that, I'd find Eve, somehow. Perhaps the other midara would know, if I could find them. As much fun as sex was with the women I'd escort from bars, I didn't crave it as much. I only wanted to be with Eve, and I'd do my best to control my carnal desires. I couldn't betray her by giving in to another midara, at least before knowing the truth. She gave me her cloak for protection, and she seemed very smart, maybe even smarter than me, so I know she has a plan. She couldn't have just stole my money and tricked me. There had to be more to it than that. I walked out the pub solemnly. It was another reason for me to enjoy alcohol, that is, yearning for love. Add that to the list of everything else I drink for. I looked up at the sky. It was a bright, beautiful day, not a single cloud in the sky, and birds were making sweet music. I grinned, something I haven't done in a long time. Nature seemed hopeful and optimistic, which gave me hope in turn. I strolled out of the town, into the yellow wood, knowing that somehow, I'd get my wish.
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:06 am

Awesome story, I'll probably make the cloak a piece of equipment to be won in the first character quest.
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks caustic! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to add some more too, as the quests continue. I specifically wrote this with the intention of making my character far different than the rest, as well as his encounter with midara. Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the style I'm writing for him as well as the backstory? I wanted it kinda dark to justify his behavior, but maybe it was a bit much, like the beginning
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm going to start using profiles from the Character/Enemy creation section, so if you have specific requests to see here, feel free to let me know! A special shoutout to Flash Trickstar's Panther Nekomata, featured in this continuation. It's one of my favorite profiles. Without further ado, hope you guys enjoy!

(Takes place after Slumber Party Quest)
Entry Starts

Adventuring doesn't seem to be for me. I've tried three tasks, and failed two. The one I did succeed in was mainly due to my companion then, Kalin, and he dealt most of the damage to the missgnomer. So in reality, I haven't actually succeeded in anything. It's a... unencouraging thought to say the least. A little depressing actually. Especially that last encounter I had, at the slumber party. I didn't enjoy succumbing to the dreamcatcher, but at least I was only asleep, so I didn't “technically” give in. It was a wet dream is all, one I could've avoided, but still, only a dream. I vowed to not physically give in to any of these midara, as it'd be cheating on Eve in a way, and wouldn't you have it, I was seduced by those three women. I'd like to go back there and prove myself by defeating them, but I don't think I'm ready. I didn't trust the swordsman Kirito at first, when we encountered the dreamcatcher, as I thought he was secretly allied with her, but my suspicions of him have dissipated somewhat. He was also one of my comrades at the slumber party, and though he succumbed first, he did alright. Logan though, his skills were impressive, especially his marksmanship with a bow. I'd like to get to know him better, possibly fight alongside him again soon. I tried fleeing with him when we the odds were against us against the midara. Fortunately, he was able to get away, but I couldn't. I don't blame him though. I would've done the same. He informed me that I dodged some of their attacks while I was asleep, due to their spells. I'm sure it was amusing to watch, and proves how much I've trained. But I haven't trained enough I suppose. And I don't feel as agile or as confident as I was before that slumber party. I've lost part of me I have to get back. I don't know if my problem is confidence, or skill, or even if deep down, I want to be seduced by these midara. I just don't know. Those women, when I asked, didn't know what Eve was doing, even seemed scared at the mention of her name, but informed me that she was involved with midara from different castes. It doesn't tell me much more than that Eve is active, and has a plan of some sorts, but I wouldn't say it was worth the shame I feel by being seduced. I can't argue the physical bliss I felt though by sleeping with them. Now that I think about it, my main problem may be that I try to handle everything by myself. I don't trust others easily, and I may be too prideful to let others help. Assassins usually work alone, and for that business, I do fine. But I haven't realized til now that what I'm doing, trying to find midara and get clues or answers, that isn't what I'm used to. It's adventuring, going on quests, and things like that. It's completely different, and for something like that, I absolutely have to trust others and cooperate as a team. Next time I'm up against a midara, I'll do my best to be a good partner to whomever I'm with.

But right now, I'm uncertain and doubtful. Doubtful of my abilties, which I've spent so many years perfectly. Doubtful I can win and be proud of myself. Doubtful I'll ever find Eve and know if she really cares about me or not. Even still, I have to remain positive, no matter how hard it is. It's times like this when I think back to days I was on the top of the world, and it gives me a little hope. There have been times when I felt like I'd fail, yet somehow would make it through. One such time was when I went up against a Panther Nekomata.

I was twenty years old when it happened. I was still relatively new to completling contracts, with only about a year of experience, so I wasn't nearly as skilled then as I am now. Anyways, I was assigned to find a madman that was taking refuge in a cave up in the mountains. These mountains overlooked a small city, and the mayor and captain of the guard had suspicions that this man, was working on explosives to blow up the entire city, and had to be stopped. I didn't really care about whether this man was insane or wanted to destroy a city of innocent people. It was money, and I'd be paid regardless. I didn't bring any special supplies to climb this mountain, which I underestimated, as it was much steeper than I anticipated. I began in the morning, and didn't arrive at the entrance of the cave until late afternoon, approaching evening. The cave was near the peak of the mountain, to put it into perspective. The sun was beginning to set, and I must admit that the view was incredible. The sky had a dark purplish color to it, with the falling sun casting rays of yellowish orange to clash with the sky. The clouds were slightly illuminated by the rays, having an orange color to them. It was certainly a sight to behold. I prepared my daggers and cautiously approached the cave's mouth. I have many different tools and ways to assassinate my targets, and different situations call for specific measures. I've planted poison into foods and drinks when there is a festival or crowd around my target, I've used wires to suffocate victims so there would be no mess, and some pay extra for a target to be killed in a certain manner(usually out of revenge or spite). This assignment, I could basically kill this man however I wanted, as no one would hear his screams in the mountains, or would care for that matter. I wouldn't need to worry about disposing of his body, because it would decompose by the time it was found, and mountain animals would surely devour his flesh anyways. I had planned to plunge my daggers into his throat, a swift, though admittedly sloppy way to kill someone. I couldn't take my time as if this man was truly insane, could spring any sort of trap or weapon on me, and though I hate messy kills, I prefer saving my own skin first. It wouldn't be too hard either. I was very skilled sneaking, so I doubt he would hear my footsteps, and my eyes were used to seeing in the dark, so I could finish the job quickly, and maybe head back down to the town for a drink and a bed before I headed back to the Brotherhood.

As I inched closer to the cave, I suddenly felt something sharp run down my back, sending shivers up my spine and raising the hairs on my neck. It was a claw, or a nail of some kind. It wasn't pressing into me to puncture my skin, but tickled, and I hadn't expected anyone or anything to be on the mountain with me. A low, sultry voice, that of a woman's whispered into my ear, “No need to fear the dark, darling. Especially since it's passionate like this.” As she said this, she kissed my neck, leaving wet sticky marks. On the bright side, I knew from the voice that it wasn't the crazy man I was searching for, but did beg the question of who or what this woman was, and what she was doing here. She crossed in front of me, revealing herself. She was a woman alright, but had feline features, such as a tail and cat ears. She was tall, and naked, though black fur covered her body, save for her rather large breasts and face. Her lips were the most noticeable feature in my opinion. They were plump and lovely, coated in a dark black lipstick. I felt my cheeks turn slightly pink. “Wh-wh-what are you?,” I stammered. The feline beauty gave me a catlike grin. “I'm a Panther Nekomata. I live up in these mountains. What's a cutie like you doing here?” I felt myself blush more. Focus, Drake. “I'm an assassin. I've been hired to take out the man living in that cave over there. Now, if you'll excuse me...” As a walked past her, gently pushing her out of my way, she wrapped her arms around me, saying, “Please... hold this kitty tight. I've been soo lonely.” She nuzzled up to me and purred. “But I have a job...,” I said. She looked up at me, pouting her lips. “Puh-leaseee?,” she pleaded adorably. I rolled my eyes. Guess I couldn't blame her for being lonely up in the mountains. I hugged her back. Her fur was incredibly soft and warm. I didn't want to tell her this, but I wouldn't have minded holding her for hours, had I not had a job to do. She smiled at me, and using her sharp claws, ripped my shirt apart to plant several kisses on my chest, once again leaving sticky wet lipstick prints. It felt great, but my mind reminded me of why I was here. I pushed her away from me, this time a little harder. She didn't seem to falter a bit. “Alright, I held you. Now I have to go.” I turned around to go into the cave, and she blew a kiss to me, which I interpreted as a “goodbye kiss,” but she strutted towards me, swaying her hips back and forth, and though my eyes were mainly focused on the cave in front of me, I couldn't help but check her out through my peripheral vision. She placed her paws on my cheeks and moved my head around so I was looking at her. “Leaving so soon? I think you should walk on the wild side with me, lover... Now pucker up so I can show you why,” she said as she pressed her paws against my cheeks, forcing my lips into a pucker and pushing her soft pillows against mine. Her lips on my neck and chest felt great, but this was entirely different. I felt her lipstick on my mouth, and it was a bit sticky, in a good way. She gave me a passionate kiss, and when she broke it, I smothered back a little bit along with a print on my lips. “You'll get more of that if you do. Consider my offer...” I certainly wanted to consider her offer after feeling her lips on mine, but it'd be a distraction and take me away from what I was supposed to do. “No thanks,” I replied coolly. She seemed entertained at my response, like this was some kind of game of cat and mouse. “Is that so?,” she cooed, smirking devilishly. “We'll see about that. But tell me this: Are you enjoying your treatment, lover?” She touched my chest and neck, right on the spots her lip prints were. I felt an arousing desire for her swell inside of me. Damn, she was attractive. I also felt that I couldn't move, no matter how hard I tried. She coquettishly winked at me as she pulled out a tube of black lipstick, along with lipgloss. I was able to see the label on it, which said “Sticky like tar.” I had no idea what that meant, nor did I think about it as I watched her sensually apply the lipstick, stroking it on her lips back and forth. Clockwise and counterclockwise. Back and forth. My eyes were transfixed on her lips, and I know she was making a show of it, occasionally puckering and making kissing sounds to tease me more. When she was finally satisfied, she began putting on the lipgloss, which made her lips have a dazzling and lustrous look to them. They shone like a brilliant light, and I felt my shaft excitedly begin to push against my pants. She noticed, and her smile widened. She quickly grabbed my head and exclaimed, “C'mere and give these sultry black lips a BIIIIIIG smoochin'!,” before smothering my lips with hers, passionately and roughy making out with me. I couldn't contain my lust, and returned her kiss, dancing my tongue with hers, and feeling her wet sticky lips all over mine. Minutes passed, and I tried to push her off of me so I could catch my breath, but to no avail. Somehow, her lips were stuck to mine! We continued kissing like lovers for minutes more until she finally broke it with a loud “MWAH!” As I gasped for breath, my shaft throbbing, and feeling a large amount of sticky lipstick and gloss on my mouth, she smiled lovingly at me, then turned her head and whistled. I looked around in surprise, but nothing happened. I stared at her, my mouth agape and probably drooling, and she giggled, putting her paw up to her mouth. I shook my head to help get me out of the trance, and taking my daggers out of their sheathes, lunged at her. She sidesteped, dodging me easily. “Uh uh uh. You'll have to be faster than that to catch me, lover.” What the? How was she so fast? “Why not come over here, lover? Let the kitty hold you for a change,” she said calmly, standing quite still. Her voice was so soothing and motherly that I couldn't help but take her up on it. I dumbly walked to her, dropping my daggers, and as I grew near, she reached her arms out and tightly hugged my head between her breasts. She smiled endearingly down at me and gave me three kisses: one on each of my cheeks and one on my forehead. “Shh... It's okay. Just rest here. I won't let anyone take you... lover.” I was so pacified by her voice that I stayed in her embrace for several minutes, completely relaxed. Suddenly, she let me go, and I looked at her puzzled as she took out her tube of lipstick again and reapplied, then pounced on me and pinned me to the ground. “I think it's time I get my fix on you, my little drug of a lover,” she stated, holding my head still and plastering me with her lips, covering my face, neck, and chest with her black marks. She released her grip on me, and I felt my head spinning. Pulling me up and crushing me with another hug, I was enamored. “Looks like my friends have arrived,” she giggled. I was too entranced to even hear what she was saying, but just then I felt two hard lips smack my cheeks, sending me into a bit of confusion, before seeing it was two more Panther Nekomatas, joining the first at her side. “Hope you don't mind, lover. I figured we could have some company.”

I looked at them in awe and shock. Two more? I couldn't even take on one. Hey, Drake, just imagine the possibilties here... NO! Focus, man. As beautiful as they are, and as much fun as you could have, think of the consequences. You have a good time with them and then possibly let your contract slip through your hands, returning to Blade with nothing but the lipstick on you? I often scolded myself mentally when I was stuck with a conflicting decision, and this was no exception. The first Panther Nekomata snapped her fingers, and I felt all of the lip marks on me(at least a dozen, probably more) turn into floating pairs of lips, flying up from where they kissed me, and then kissing the spot they came from. All of those lips kissing me all over my body almost made me release my load. My member was hurting at this point. She puckered her lips and blew me a kiss, enticing me for more, and before I could fall into temptation, I ran for the cave. “Stop him!,” she called to her companions, and they chased me inside of the cave. I ran and ran, silently though, thoughout the cave, through twists and tunnels, hearing their paws hit the rocky ground and calling after me. I ran until I reached an end, where a small fire was lit, and a skinny old man with a white beard was sitting by it, mumbling to himself. I hid behind a nearby rock and listened to him. “Ooh, almost time Samson. Morning comes, a brand new day, exploding cities then run away! Heeheeheeheee!” The hell? I guess this is the mad man from my contract. I looked around for the explosives. The only things in this chamber were a mat to sleep on, a pit roasting some dead mice(yuck!), and some pieces of paper. He'd be an idiot if he had his explosives so close to a flame. I didn't hear the Panther Nekomatas behind me anymore, so I made a new plan. Kill the old man, and make a break for it before they trap me in this cave with them. I slowly and cautiously pulled out a throwing knife. “WHO'S THERE?!,” the man screamed. I froze. Did he hear me? I quickly peeked from behind my hiding spot. He had gotten up, and looked right in my direction. I held my breath and waited. I heard his footsteps pass me. He must've heard the Panther Nekomatas. What a relief. When he left the chamber, I went over and put out his fire, submerging the area in total darkness, then took a box of matches from by his mat. I waited for my eyes to adjust, and once they did, slowly made my way back through the tunnels and passages. There were sounds, footsteps. I couldn't tell if they were the old man's or the Panthers, but I moved as far away from them as possible. I didn't know where I was going, as when I entered the cave I ran too fast to pay attention to my surroundings. I just kept moving, and soon found myself in another room. This one was filled with explosives and gunpowder. An idea popped into my head of how to deal with both the Panther Nekomatas and the man. I took some explosives and gunpowder, then ran out, searching for the entrance. It wasn't too hard to find, I just looked around until I found small beams of light, then followed that. I ran to the entrance and felt the sun shine on me. “Hey, I'm over here!,” I shouted as loudly as possible. My shouts echoed in the cave, and I heard many thumps come my way. I made quick work of the entrance, carefully but swiftly placing the explosives and gunpowder around, then struck the match. I knew I had to be careful.  I jumped to the side of the entrance and saw the old man right inside the cave, a few yards from the entrance. “Where are ya, ya little bat?” Then noticing me, his face grew red and angry, and he charged at me. “I'LL KILL YA!” I threw the lit match at the gunpowder and ran, faster than I had ever ran in my life. I heard a fizzling sound, then several booms. I had only taken enough explosives to destroy the entrance to the cave, and trap the old man and the Panther Nekomatas. When the explosions were over, I inspected my work from a distance. I saw ashes and blood strewn at the entrance. The old man was either crushed by the falling rocks from the ceiling, or caught in the explosive blast. It didn't matter. As I turned away to go back down the mountain, a familiar voice called out, making the hairs on my neck stand up. “Nice try, lover! Now come over here and let's finish this!” I turned to see all three Panther Nekomatas, unharmed, standing near the entrance and puckering their lips at me, making kissy noises. How the hell did they get out? I shook my head and ran again. They laughed victoriously, and as I ran, I heard the first one shout after me, “If we ever see you again, lover, we'll all have some fun with you, and then you're mine!”

Well I had successfully completed my assignment and escaped the Panther Nekomatas. I went down to the town and received warm welcomes from the townsfolk on my success. The bartender at the local pub let out a bellowing chuckle as he saw me covered in black lipstick. “Yup, those are Panther Nekomatas all right. They live up in the mountains and take any man they can find. Between me and you kid, I hear that once they find a man they really like, they'll do anything to make him their lover.” I nearly spat out my liqour. “Really?” “That's what I hear. So if you don't want that to happen, probably be best to not go up to them mountains again.” I was tempted to trek back up there right there and then to get my body plastered with more black kisses, but I quickly threw the notion out of my head. I washed the marks off of me and slept in an inn, then in the morning, bought some new clothes(as my other ones had rips from the Panther Nekomata) and journeyed back to the Brotherhood. Blade was impressed by my success, and my resourcefulness, especially blowing up the cave entrance. He was interested when I mentioned the Panther Nekomatas and how I handled both them and the old man at the same time. He gave me a bonus along with my original pay.

Looking back, it's not the most inspirational story, I mean I nearly succumbed to the Nekomatas several times, but my dedication to my work helped me through, and proved how much my training has helped me prepare for situations like that. I'm proud of my work and thinking back to that time reminded me of that. I'm not as proud of who I am though. I need to work on my character and how I treat others. It was kind of bastardly to not care about a city getting blowen up as long as I got paid. Maybe I'll meet someone to help me work on that, my attitude, my disposition, and my lack of empathy towards most things. I think I'll write about my other contracts and “adventures” in here soon, because I feel better when I write about them, more confident in myself. Hopefully my future quests will fair better than the ones I've done. Hopefully Eve will understand my “cheating.” And hopefully I'll find something better in life than just earning money and drinking. That's all I'm used to anyway. Maybe a family or friends to share a drink with, or someone to care about me. I don't know. Sometimes I think too much. And with that, I think I'm gonna hit the sack. Damn am I tired.

Last edited by sarcasticspidey on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
argaz003

argaz003

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Nice entry. I like how you wrote Drake's character development from lone wolf assassin to team-playing adventurer; the idea that contract killing doesn't exactly translate into success as a journeyman adventurer is a cool concept.

For the rest, I hope the Nekomatas return. Her delay tactics were particularly sexy; it was great how you didn't completely rush the reinforcements in and left a bit of suspense. Overall, nice job.
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Thanks argaz, I appreciate that. I love your writing for Oliver too. Very detailed and immersive, and the balance between plot and character development with midara is excellent. Always look forward to new posts from you. The witch segment is a particularly nice read. You handled Roxo and Rojo quite well
Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:29 pm

kinda lik dat pantha lady but dawg write lik my boi argaz he writes sum gud sexy shit man an u write a bunch o borin stuff man. jus sayin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Assassin's Dream and Downfall   An Assassin's Dream and Downfall Empty

Back to top Go down

An Assassin's Dream and Downfall
Page 1 of 1