Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my upcoming rpg

Go down 
+8
Bloodly
NanasBanananas
silentviewing
LazyAlex
Mkmd13
Caustic_Clown
Warrior of Darkness
Ninja_Named_Bob
12 posters
AuthorMessage
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyMon May 30, 2016 4:05 pm

I wrote about this in off topic, but just bumping it here

I managed to make a prototype for an RPG maker game for the forum

Very basic plot set around assaulting a midaran castle, but it's the battles I'm making the focus

The prototype has 2 working enemy encounters as of yet but I intend to add a couple more, maybe when I have I'll upload the prototype

Mainly posting this here because I'm open to ideas about this and am happy for any enemy suggestions

Bearing in mind I'm currently just using the enemy art from illusory world mindia and images from gelbooru for attacks

But if you guys have ideas that could work with this sprites or (and this would be really helpful) know where I can source other enemy images (seriously if you do let me know I'll be mega grateful) I'm open to all suggestions

I promise outside of prototypes I won't be releasing as big a mess as my last game attempt
Back to top Go down
Bloodly

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:35 pm

What is 'midara' that one should care that you're assaulting it?

My point is 'be damm sure you explain what's going on, why and how'. It's almost certain that someone's gonna find whatever you're working on without context. It's more important than anything that you make the player care.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:21 am

That's a very good point, I shouldn't develop this without expecting at least one person to stumble across it who isn't familiar with this forums concepts, I'll make a more focused effort on explaining the backstory and aim of the game for any major releases
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:28 am

Anything with nekos is good for me lol.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:31 am

First enemy I made was a bunny girl but nekos are planned
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue May 31, 2016 2:31 am

Any idea where I could get more.in battle art?
Back to top Go down
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue May 31, 2016 3:15 am

I don't do art, but I do writing. I wouldn't mind assisting with the writing part if you need someone to play through and catch spell mistakes and other stuff. Also could give tips.

I might be able to get you an art guy or two. Worst case scenario, you can use images from what's available on the internet, so long as you aren't looking to make a profit or anything. Otherwise, I can look into finding an artist or two. No promises.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:58 am

Yeah any kind of art you find on the internet is available for use as long as you don't claim it as your own or sell the game. If there are any types of girls you want art for, post them on here and I can help you look for images to use.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:44 am

https://mega.nz/#!1ZQHhIKY

link to the current demo

at the moment there are 4 fights, 2 non optional ones, one that you activate by being caught multiple times by the fairy and one unwinnable one against a succubus (or close enough unwinnable)

atm theres no real narrative, this is purely a demo to give a taster of the kind of content the game will have

obviously NSFW
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 7:47 am

It's says i need a key
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 11:19 am

On the download link or the file?
Back to top Go down
NanasBanananas

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 12:42 pm

On the download link I suspect, as it's asking me for a decryption key too. Could it be the link doesn't show the full address? I've seen this happen before when a link to Mega gets accidentally shortened. If that's not the case, I dunno, but I can't download from the link provided.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:05 pm

https://mega.nz/#!1ZQHhIKY!7WWXBKvLMBEP7CeR_QIOQ8fxyhP4fnagPFvjBv57mYc. Okay yeah, apparently the only mega link it gave me on my laptop didn't have the key, but on the mega app it does

I'd also assume you could need the rpg maker mv RTP to run it

Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 3:50 pm

It's very bare bones as usual with a demo, but consider not making the normal attacks autoscroll, sometimes the text goes by a tad fast.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:44 am

Oh I'm liking this a lot! I agree though with Caustic that the autoscroll goes by too fast. You can actually use quick time events as well with this engine to make the game that much more unique. Does the Flirty Midara have any kiss attacks though? She never seemed to use one on me.
Back to top Go down
LazyAlex

LazyAlex

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 10:12 pm

not bad a tad unbalanced but over all not bad
Back to top Go down
silentviewing

silentviewing

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:32 am

I really enjoy how the fairy takes a couple of approaches before she fights you, clever introductions to battles like that could keep the game interesting. I agree that the text speed in battle should be reduced, as well.
Back to top Go down
LeonOne994

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:17 am

this is amazing I cannot wait for more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NanasBanananas

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:18 pm

I very much enjoyed that. This is pretty much what a game should be, far as I'm concerned - sexy women seducing the player into submission!

For one thing, I love that there are game over scenes, I've seen a lot of games that lack those. Even a few lines describing what happens to you when you lose are so much better than just returning to the main menu once your health reaches zero.

I also liked that you needed to be kissed by the fairy four times to fight her and she can be avoided by simply running away. I love situations where your actions or conversation choices can be your demise, regardless or your prowess in battle. Not exactly the case here since you do have to also lose a fight to be taken down by the fairy, but still, it takes foolish action to get into the fight in the first place. I'd love to see more events like that. Maybe also have mid-fight events like Mindia had where your opponent tries to trick or tempt you to surrender. Always loved those...

On the complaining side, I agree with everyone above on the battle texts. Need to stay for twice as long, or maybe even just wait for you to hit the action key before going away. Other than that, no major complaints. Could use a bit of story I suppose. Doesn't have to be an epic saga, but just having some context of who and why we are fighting could be nice.

All in all, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this. Even with just a short demo this is already very enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
Bloodly

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 am

Check the fairy.

If you can't back up after the dialogue, you can't move.  Need to reset.  In my case, I was trapped near where the bunny girl was.

EDIT: I was wrong.  The second dialogue is straight up busted.  It always causes a freeze.
EDIT2: It seems to be if SHE triggers it, rather than if YOU do.

I don't see the sense in having Surrender be a magic-and thus sealed by 'Lovestruck' by the Succubus enemy.

On that note, there's nothing to use TP on.

I question the need for the 'prepares to act' if the attack isn't a 'charge-up-for-powerful-attack' sort of thing.  Is it required?

I understand the point is 'charmed into submission'.  The game player in me however, hates, hates, HATES BULLSHIT DEATHS.  And games that remove your control then kill you without any recourse other than praying to Random Number God to let you go-unless it's plot-always feel like 'BULLSHIT DEATHS'.

I wonder if the Succubus is meant to be unkillable.  It feels like chance.  if she uses the stare that causes Lovestruck, she's won, since it silences you without actually being Silence(And Silence exists; Surrender puts it on you).

The effect of Surrender bothers me. It silences, puts a defence down, and removes control. So you still need to sit through the killing you. On the other hand, it allows you to set it in advance.
Back to top Go down
LeonOne994

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 3:59 am

NanasBanananas wrote:
I very much enjoyed that. This is pretty much what a game should be, far as I'm concerned - sexy women seducing the player into submission!

For one thing, I love that there are game over scenes, I've seen a lot of games that lack those. Even a few lines describing what happens to you when you lose are so much better than just returning to the main menu once your health reaches zero.

I also liked that you needed to be kissed by the fairy four times to fight her and she can be avoided by simply running away. I love situations where your actions or conversation choices can be your demise, regardless or your prowess in battle. Not exactly the case here since you do have to also lose a fight to be taken down by the fairy, but still, it takes foolish action to get into the fight in the first place. I'd love to see more events like that. Maybe also have mid-fight events like Mindia had where your opponent tries to trick or tempt you to surrender. Always loved those...

On the complaining side, I agree with everyone above on the battle texts. Need to stay for twice as long, or maybe even just wait for you to hit the action key before going away. Other than that, no major complaints. Could use a bit of story I suppose. Doesn't have to be an epic saga, but just having some context of who and why we are fighting could be nice.

All in all, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of this. Even with just a short demo this is already very enjoyable!
This! I cannot stress how awesome it is when you see a few lines of text after you lose! Amazing job so far!
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 pm

The prepares to act thing is required as it triggers the common event that displays the picture and causes the move,i haven't learnt to code rpgmaker so that's how I an make the moves go off and display the pictures

As for the fairy glitch I'll definitely look into that cos it doesn't sound good at all

The succubus was stated to be unwinnable in the post with the game link, and the story will defintely be added but I just wanted to get a demo out there to show the sort of thing I was going for.

The surrender mechanic was meant to allow the player to still experience the enemies moves before they lost to her, but I'll probably be upping the defence reduction to make it less of a drag

Gotta say tho, really pleased with the reception this demos gotten since it really is basic and barebones, so thanks a lot guys, really heartening to see
And I'll definitely work out how to increase the battle text duration

Back to top Go down
No one

No one

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Good stuff so far. I just wish that it wouldn't move on so quickly after an enemy attacked you. If you try to read the text you almost can't even see the image too much of the time. Oh and when you lose against Paranon and she does her kiss on you there really should be an image there. Otherwise it's a good start.
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptySat Jun 11, 2016 11:49 pm

well that was amusing anon this has good potential
Back to top Go down
No one

No one

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 9:26 pm

Some other ideas:

1. If you fight an enemy in the water, make it seem like the water, or whatever the environment is, is actually there after the fight.

2. If you surrender and get silenced or "lovestruck" then you stop surrendering. This doesn't seem right.

3. I'd try to find pictures that more closely match the enemies if you can. The picture if you lose against Paranon looks great, but her hair isn't even the same color as when you're battling her. Admittedly succubi can change their appearance to look like anyone so it'd make sense that she can do this, it still seems somewhat off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my upcoming rpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: my upcoming rpg   my upcoming rpg Empty

Back to top Go down

my upcoming rpg
Page 1 of 1