Hello, I'm wondering if I can interest people in a different simple RP format, see if someone wants to take it for a spin.
Basically, the mechanics fluff-wise are your typical wrestling match. You don't necessarily need to be using a ring or arena.
1. Both combatants have 20 HP. HP is lost both from Stamina and Willpower attacks, so no need to change any midara stats.
2. Both combatants regain 1 HP every turn when they don't take damage, or when they inflict damage. So if there's a lot of missing, they regain HP. However, they max out at 20 HP. If you want the midara to be harder, just increase their max HP.
3. Either combatant can go for a pinfall or a submission as their action. In the case of either, their opponent must roll a d20, add their current HP, and reach 20, in order to kick out, resist, etc., and for the match to continue. Failing to do so will trigger the ref (who is always a midara of some kind, can be different each match, or someone can come up with a generic Referee midara) to act.
When triggered, the ref has several options, all of which are up to the one controlling the midara during this fight (yeah, it's not fair, that's the point):
1. Cheat: fail to count the win for the human, and inflict damage from one of her attacks as well. She can only do this once per fight.
2. Ignore: fail to count the win for the midara, if she wants to make the fight interesting.
3. Declare winner
This is just an idea, if someone wants to adjust it and take off with it, be my guest. Just thought it might be interesting.