A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm

Hey, y'all. I've posted a bit before on the other forum sections, and I figured I might as well try out this whole RP thing. I've never done any forum RP's, let alone on UHL, so the stats are probably gonna look wonky as all hell; that's why feedback is much appreciated, to get the numbers right and change any abilities that might be a bit under/overpowered!

(And just a note about his passive: yeah, I know that's not how chestplate/greaves work at all, but three's a nice number, so hush Razz)

With all that said, it's time for the GREAT WALL OF CHINA TEXT:

Name: Jakob “Magnus” Alexander
Appearance:

Height: 6’3’’, 6’5’’ with armor
Skin color: Light
Hair color: Dark brown
Eye color: Brown
Equipment: Full plate armor, poleaxe
Strengths: Seemingly impenetrable armor, high physical strength
Weaknesses: Slow speed, complete lack of experience fighting midara (lower-than-average Willpower)

Backstory: (WIP)

Passives
1. Iron Man – Magnus’ armor has three main components: the helmet (head, neck), the chestplate (arms, chest, stomach), and greaves (everything from the waist-down). Until the armor piece covering it is removed, the corresponding body part is completely immune to attack--the armor’s heavy steel makes it impervious to physical attacks, and its enchantments render the magic of a midara useless. (Ex. kisses on his face don't do jack if his helmet's on, and neither do scents/illusions, as the enchantments on his helmet dispel the smell/magic before it can reach his nose/eyes.) Binds are always possible, however. They'll always require him to struggle in order to escape, but don't expect them to do much otherwise if he's fully armored.
   Taking off an armor piece requires a roll from the opponent, and uses up their turn. If they fail the roll, however, they get no penalty; Magnus’ fighting style is too slow to take advantage of their momentary weakness. Once an armor piece has been taken off, Magnus can use one of his turns for a normal roll if he wants to get it back; unlike the opponent, if he fails the roll, then he’s penalized for it--the opponent’s next attack is a guaranteed hit, since they know where he’s going to be (rushing for the armor piece).
   If an opponent is Knocked Down, then Magnus can retrieve an armor piece without having to roll. It still uses up his turn, however.
2. Knock 'Em Down – Several of Magnus’ attacks Knock Down enemies. This negates the attack they would have made that turn, and allows Magnus to spend a turn recovering one of his armor pieces without risk. This is not a stun, as the enemy is free to act on their next turn.

Special Attacks
1. Impaling Charge – Only usable if the opponent is far away. Magnus points the tip of his poleaxe at the enemy, and sprints at them full-force, impaling them on the spear-point. Deals 4 damage if successful, but if dodged, then the opponent’s next attack is a guaranteed hit.
2. Shoulder Charge – Only usable if the opponent is far away. Magnus lowers his poleaxe, and charges toward the enemy, attempting to shoulder-tackle them. Deals 3 damage and Knocks Down the opponent if successful, but if dodged, then the opponent’s next attack is a guaranteed hit.
3. Set 'em up, Knock 'em down! – Magnus quickly strikes the enemy with the shaft of his poleaxe, knocking them off balance. He then hooks their legs with the back of the blade, Knocking them Down to the ground and dealing 1 damage.
4. Te Occidam! – Magnus brings his poleaxe up high, and smashes the hammer into the enemy’s skull, dazing them and decreasing their accuracy for 2 turns (enemy must roll twice successfully in order to hit. Does not apply to guaranteed hits). Also deals 1 damage.
5. Te Affligam! – Magnus drops into a defensive counter-stance, attempting to bait the enemy into attacking him. If the enemy’s next roll fails, then Magnus parries them and counter-attacks for free, dealing 3 damage.

(Probably going to add another move or two at some point, once these ones have gone through trial by fire, in order to fill any gaps that arise in his moveset)

So, again, feedback is much appreciated! Especially on his Willpower stat--complete immunity to attacks under certain conditions is nothing to sneeze at, so I'm wondering what a good WP score would be to balance that. 10? Less? More? That's for the good folks of this forum to decide Very Happy

All that said, though, feel free to hit me up with a 1v1 request if you're up for balancing this guy through more...direct means. Or something. I'm actually not entirely sure how setting up fights in this forum works, to be perfectly honest, but one hopes I'll find out soon ^_^

EDIT: Attempted to rebalance some stuff after looking at other RP's, assuming normal attacks do 2 damage each. Thinking about giving him ~15 WP if the enemy starts with 20 Stamina, and 20 WP if they start with 30.

Last edited by SoloWingPixy on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:40 pm

I see somones been playing For Honor

(or maybe you just looked up the armor, idk)

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Yuna wrote:
I see somones been playing For Honor

(or maybe you just looked up the armor, idk)

Pssh, whaddya talkin' about? I didn't main Conqueror during the closed and open betas, or anything like that...heh. Nope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GingerLipstick

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:38 pm

He seems like someone who'd be an enemy in Dark Souls! I still think they're an interesting character~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:29 am

But... But how would kisses affect him!? He has armor everywhere!!! Lol

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:50 am

Mkmd13 wrote:
But... But how would kisses affect him!? He has armor everywhere!!! Lol

Ah, but what use is armor when it's laying discarded on the ground?

...I mean, okay, so maybe his armor passive doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how heavy and, er, not-removable it looks, but I tried to come up with something unique Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)   

Back to top Go down

Magnus, the Iron Glacier (WIP, feedback very much appreciated!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1