Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question about uploading content

Go down 
+4
Caustic_Clown
MistaJoestar
Mkmd13
maybeimalion
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
maybeimalion

maybeimalion

Question about uploading content Empty
PostSubject: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon May 29, 2017 8:26 pm

I've worked on a game based on some of the stuff in this forum. I've used ideas from the RP and the character creation pages. No one has played this game except me. I haven't worked on it in a few months, because life got busy. So my questions are as follows: is their any interest in people to play this game? I need feedback, as my PC is not great and at certain points in the game it starts to lag terribly. Would anyone be upset if used something of theirs off this page and put it into the game (I have sources for the things I added or plan to add, so I'd credit you for it in game somehow.) And lastly, how could I distribute the game? I have no idea where I could upload it online as I've never done that before. If anyone has questions or suggestions, I'll be waiting.

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon May 29, 2017 8:48 pm

First question: I would LOVE to play your game and Im sure a lot of other people on here would love to as well.

Second question: I dont think people would be opposed to it as long as you give them credit towards their work.

Third question: Mega is my favorite way to go to upload content.

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue May 30, 2017 2:21 am

Alright. I'm going to do some cleaning up and get it into a demo state. I'll post it as soon as the demo is up to par.

MistaJoestar

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue May 30, 2017 5:24 am

Sounds interesting, will you be making a new topic for this or sending the link through Pm's?

If Pm's are the case i'd love to try out your game. Surprised

"Go Ahead, MistaJoestar!"
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue May 30, 2017 8:42 am

I'd love to try it! Feel free to use my work and alter it a bit, more content is always good.

What format/program is it in, and how big is it? I've seen MediaFire used on here in the past for RPGMaker things, but generally any upload site will do fine. Just post a link in a topic in the videogame forum.
Back to top Go down
maybeimalion

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 7:13 pm

I. Did. Not. Forget

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1fjk3lvre8vs87/UHLgame_-_Copy.zip

Towards the end, it's a little unpolished. There are planned game over scenes. I am very inspired by
Mindia and this site in general. I promise I'll add credits for the borrowed ideas. Right now, with work,
I just haven't had a lot of time. But here it is my UHL Forum RPG.

New link with a zip containing the right file.

Last edited by maybeimalion on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Um, I don't think you uploaded the game at all, only the .rvpro file lol.

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Hang on. I'll fix it.

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:01 pm

Fixed the link in my previous post.

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Awesome, I will play it tomorrow Smile

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptySun Jun 04, 2017 10:12 pm

I played it a bit, just past the first quest. I don't have time right now to play any more of it, and I want to get further through the game before I start yammering on about its overall design, so I'll keep it short.

I like what you've got here! I always go into these RPGMaker games with my expectations...well, admittedly pretty low, because there's a high chance of 'em being hot garbage, but this is actually pretty good all-around. It has personality, and I like the format of the game, with how the quests and levelups and such work. In fact, the quest system reminds me of that older UHL game that never got finished, Doki Doki Dungeon Hunters. Maybe this could be its spiritual successor?

Anyway, a couple other things. I noticed a weird lag during battles--it started during the second half of the first boss fight, and persisted whenever I fought an enemy in the second area. Whenever I went into a fight, the game's RAM usage jumped up significantly. Still well within a reasonable measure, of course--my total RAM usage was less than 50% while the game was running--so I'm inclined to think it's an issue with the game itself. Do you have a lot of parallel processes running during fights, or something? I dunno, I've never seen this issue with another RPGMaker game before.

Secondly, and maybe this is just me, but some of the kissing sound effects are quiet...like, really quiet. I realize this doesn't seem all that important, but it just sorta takes a little something away when it sounds like someone ten meters away is getting kissed instead of yourself--especially considering that they all sounded fine in Mindia.

Lastly, are you gonna make a thread for this game? Random question, I know, but I think it deserves one once you feel confident enough to do so. There are so many crap RPGMaker games out there, especially in the realm of adult ones whose developers feel like they can just completely skimp on the actual game design and still end up doing well (and sometimes they're right!), but I'm liking the potential I see here. I'll be busy over the next few days, but I'll play through it more afterward and vomit more unnecessary words onto the page tell ya what I think.

'Till then, godspeed!

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:17 am

the game has some lag :c

forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 am

is very hard to play with the lag, i don't understand how to play this without being frustrated

forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 pm

how i beat the four cultist in the entry ? i think is imposible

Kephry

Kephry

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:21 pm

As others have said, this looks pretty promising (I've only played the first bit so far, will update this post as I play more probably). I have not experienced the lag bug yet, and I'm playing on a relatively old, medium power machine. Lag started for me in the second area, it's not very bad, but every once in a while it takes a few seconds for an input to register, I don't know if this is anything that you can fix though :/. (Also, those cultists look familiar Very Happy)

There are a few other bugs I've found though:
-Slime boss will attempt to split cells, but I assume since she's too low health she can't and just wastes her turn.
-Flame slash can be used in the field, consuming 10 mana and that's it.
-Succubus party member spams vigilance multiple turns in a row sometimes.
-Young cultist (blue dress): when zoomed in taunting the player, the name says "Town Girl"

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 8:25 pm

First, I just wanted to say thanks for all the feed back!
The lag was something I could not figure out either. I am not running any parallel processes at all. I've reduced map sizes and done everything I could to try to figure it out.
This game was not built from the ground up. A while back I was playing around with Illusionary World Mindia, and I even uploaded a sequence where the hero received kisses. After a while, I scrapped most of the original stuff from Mindia and I think I began working on this game at that point. Some of the animations, sounds, images, battlers are right out of Mindia.
I have a few more things planned, things that need fleshing out.
As far as defeating enemies or bosses, I've played all the way through this without issues. Even going so far as to not gain allies for combat.
I included all the games files in the upload. If any one wants to take a crack at tinkering with it, I say go for it.

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:06 pm

Oh wow this is a great start! Really promising work here and I haven't really run into any major bugs or anything of the sort. Also, would you mind if I go through the game files?

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 pm

I've been tinkering with this since I got home. I killed the Slime Princess' Reproduce attack. It got rid of some of the lag. I also changed the Lipstick status effects. I don't know how to make the kiss prints persist into the overworld. However, if I lose to kiss attacks and reload the save file sometimes they are present in the overworld. Weird.

Mkmd13, if my previous post wasn't clear, go for it! I consider this game open source! Smile

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:50 pm

maybeimalion wrote:
I've been tinkering with this since I got home. I killed the Slime Princess' Reproduce attack. It got rid of some of the lag. I also changed the Lipstick status effects. I don't know how to make the kiss prints persist into the overworld. However, if I lose to kiss attacks and reload the save file sometimes they are present in the overworld. Weird.

Mkmd13, if my previous post wasn't clear, go for it! I consider this game open source! Smile

I opened up the Doki Doki Dungeon Hunters project file to see what they did to keep the lipstick marks on-screen on the overworld, and it looks like they used a parallel process:

Question about uploading content U8vyjFT

It looks like this common event is called on Turn 0 of every battle, and it checks whether or not the main character still has lipstick on 'em, adding a lipstick mark to the screen for every unique status effect. I'm not entirely sure when the switch START is changed, though; I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere, though you should bear in mind my search was cursory at best.

Also, yeah, I looked a bit through your project, and I have zero idea what could be causing the lag. Since it started for me a ways through the first boss fight, I looked in there to see if anything looked weird, but I couldn't find anything that would lag the game out like that--especially in "intervals" like it was. I'll try to find out what's going on, but I dunno if I'll be able to find anything. Like I said, I've never seen this issue happen before.

EDIT: Actually, thinking back, I think the lag started after she tried to use Reproduce a second time during the fight, when all Slimes were still alive. Could that possibly be it? I mean, I doubt it, because it wouldn't explain the lag persisting to the fights in the next area, but it's probably something to look into anyhow if you wanna keep the attack.
Back to top Go down
maybeimalion

maybeimalion

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 pm

I think that event you screen capped can probably go away. I mean, at least I'll try to disable it for a while. I can't for the life of me think what I was trying to do, except maybe get the images to persist outside of battle?

Also, I killed the reproduce command. I don't know of a way to make her actually call for help right now. But I'm going to continue tinkering.

My work schedule has been 7 days, off two days, for a while now. Which has prevented me from spending a great deal of time. I'll do what I can. Smile

ShadithBro

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 12:36 am

I noticed in the trooper data that most the cultist have GO events that don't trigger applying the invulnerable state will fix this
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 7:49 am

Charmee is invincible or not?

Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

Looks pretty decent, points of complaint:
-cultist encounter rate is a tad high
-no way to cancel jobs, so if you pick the high level mission first you're fucked
-no indication that the Succubus is recruitable (she gives you GO kiss if your HP is low so it's rather unintuitive that it actually isn't a trap if you beat her down)
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 am

i don't find the lever of vixens lair , where is the lever ?

Kephry

Kephry

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I found a few typos with Crim, whenever she attacks as part of your party, the text still says its target is "you" so when she blows a kiss it will say "Crim blows a kiss at you" and then damage the enemy, which is odd.

Another thing with Crim is that she will always blow a kiss while she has mana, and will wink while she doesn't, and use her cross-slash when she has full desperation. She has 50 strength when you meet her, why doesn't she punch things. I feel like that would probably deal much more damage.

And I still have no idea how you're supposed to kill any bosses, you run out of money way too quickly to buy enough potions to use one every other turn, which you would have to when you have 4 cultists pounding on you and healing themselves constantly. I used cheat engine just to see more of the game. You have to hold your memory orbs in order to level up your party members once you meet them, so you're way too weak to do anything, or your party members are way too weak to do anything. Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but I think conventional exp would help this game a lot, and maybe if the memory orbs just gave you some other form of power like stat boosts.

That might have sounded ranty, but don't get me wrong, the game is pretty good, but I would prefer if it was a bit more noob-friendly Smile.

PostSubject: Re: Question about uploading content   Question about uploading content Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about uploading content
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next