Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should I continue?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 1:23 pm

So.....Random question to everyone, because even though I've visited this site for a couple years, I've only really focused on the anime/cartoons and RP sections. But.....Should I continue making characters?

I mean, I've got 3 already, and I have more ideas. But the problem is....Well, a few things.

1.)They are either direct rips of characters from games and the like, modified to fit in the RP's settings, or are based on pre-existing franchises. So characters like Geno from Super Mario RPG, Sora from Kingdom Harts, Crono from Chrono Trigger, Link from Zelda....And a few characters based on franchises like Bloodborne and Witcher. Those were my ideas.

2.) Look at that list. No female characters. No character ideas for Midara. I don't feel very...comfortable RPing females(Maybe cause I'm absolute trash at it-), and I feel bad that I'm as seductive as a mop, and as such can't really make any Midara.

3.) I don't want to swarm the forum with a bunch of character ideas. I'm sure it would be annoying as heck. And I don't wanna feel like I'm ripping off sfbirdie's shtick. xD

But yeah...It's been rolling around in my head for a while. I'd like to hear your guys' and gals' opinions. And if this doesnt belong here, I'll gladly move or delete it. I just...wanted to hear people's opinions.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm

I think this goes into off topic sub-forum.  We can still discuss

1. Nothing wrong with drawing inspiration of at least being in the same universe as the characters.  Heck we even had foes that are the actual characters in the parodies.  Just as long as you do not claim them as your own creation.  My current character, Sierra, is kind of a cross between Alice of Touhou, and Pratty of Summon Night Swordcraft.  

2. I do not think that is much of an issue as you don't have to make Midaras (and you don't have to play those you make).  The space marine and the moneyk escape character are pretty interesting in their own ways, mainly because they are pretty unique in our roster, a behemoth of a soldier and a monkey catcher (hula dash ftw!). If anthing, your characters are probably more interesting than mine.

3. I don't think quantity is an issue as more of qualities.  If you can make qualities fairly well, then I don't have an issue.  Even sfbirdie requires some times making his stuff and they are parodies.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Hrmm. Well, I had some ideas, like giving Geno a passive based on the Timed Hits mechanic from his game, that would hopefully make things a bit more interesting.

And for the characters that are just being ripped from games,like Geno or Spike or something like that, I might make them available for all to use. I mean, they aren't exactly MY characters. I'm just going through the motions of making them on this forum. xD
Back to top Go down
sfbirdie

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Why shouldn't you? You've had some pretty good ideas so far. I actually have an idea for you: why don't we sit down together sometime, and create a female heroine for you to use, so that you can get a little bit more comfortable with it?
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Hrmm...That...That could be fun. I might have to try that at some point.

And thank you for the compliment. That means a lot, coming from someone who's made some amazing character parodies.
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Yeah, I think Dataslycer hit the nail right on the head there. Like, if you were just shitting out hero OCs with a few nearly-identical attacks, no personality, and no real reason to exist, then it'd be different. But as long as the characters are well-designed and interesting, like they have been, then make and post as many as you please. Basically, make 'em because you wanna do justice to the character and bring something new to the UHL table, not because you want to remind everyone that a character exists.

(That being said...Magnus is basically a shot-for-shot recreation of the Lawbringer from For Honor, down to the art, so do as I say, not as I do X_X)

Besides, as fantastic as sfbirdie's profiles are, he hardly invented the idea of porting existing characters to the forum--he was just the one to start compiling 'em into one thread. I seriously doubt anyone's gonna accuse you of stealing his shtick Razz
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Well...Thank you all.

And get ready...Because I'm bringing a new character into the fray!

And all I can tell you is that he...Serves a higher authority. If you wanna know who he is...Look to the Forest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I continue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I continue?   Should I continue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I continue?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Upon her lips :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: