A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Andrew Ryse vs Imite

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Technic Generation

PostSubject: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Highwaymen preying on helpless travelers was not an uncommon occurrence, even with the midara lurking just around the corner. Such opportunistic thieves were at the ready near a certain bridge to rob passers by. Or at least, that's how it was until they mysteriously vanished one day, baffling the local guardsmen of a nearby village. In fact, the only activity reported was that of a maiden presently waiting at the bridge. Something was definitely amiss, and perhaps an investigation was needed.
___
-The old ruleset applies: the rolls are 1 to 100 even rolls are a success, uneven rolls are a failure.
-Characters are allowed 1 free action, but must otherwise stick to their movepools.
-Instead of VIRTUE and VICE, the adventurers have WILLPOWER and the midara have STAMINA.
-Encounters that use characters from the OpenRPG may cause a re-appearance of said midara, depending on outcome.

Paralyzed Status- Character will be unable to move next turn and will be unable to dodge the next attack

Charmed Status- The next attack dealt by the midara does +1 Willpower damage

Bind Status- Character will be unable to move and continually suffer 2 Willpower damage each turn unless they roll a 50 or higher and escape

Downed Status- Character's next action is skipped, allowing their opponent to attempt a follow-up

Dazed Status- Character must roll two successes instead of one in order to hit

Even rolls higher than 85 are considered critical and allows the attacker to follow up with another move

Odd rolls lower than 14 are critical failures, allowing the opponent's next attack to be a guaranteed success

Andrew starts with 30 Willpower and Imite starts with 30 Stamina.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm

(Sorry I’m late, been pretty busy recently.)

“... Alright, it’s fine, you can do this. It’s probably just.. Rats, yeah. Giant, man-eating rats that dragged away a bunch of people into the night, never to be see-“
He paused, anxiously tapping his forehead.
“...Maybe it was just.. Snakes. Yeah, snakes. They’re, uh.. They’re lacking in arms. I could probably take a good.. 3 snakes on.”

“Wait, no, how would snakes be able to..”

Andrew, under his usual guise of master swordsman had been sent off by a nearby village after a long painstaking convincing/outright lying to the townsfolk he had been in about 2 wars, lit a couple of magic fires and was an all around great fighter. This, unfortunately gave them pretty hefty expectations when they sent him to go investigate what was essentially a murder scene.

“I’ll just go there, poke around, and go back. I’m still technically doing what they want me to..”
Stopping in his tracks, he realised he had reached his destination, but more so, he was shocked to see a woman standing on the bridge.

“Oh, they said there was someone over here, didn’t they?” He says, rubbing his chin.

“S’cuse me, but, uh, misses? What are you doing here? There’s been reports of.. Giant rats over here. Or snakes. One of the two.”

He stared over at the mysterious woman, raising an eyebrow inquisitively at her, if not curious more than anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Technic Generation

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 pm

The woman peered at the approaching man from beneath her sun hat with a pleasant smile. He...didn't look nearly as formidable as she hoped. Was the local law really that tapped for manpower that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel? She cast the thoughts aside for now, however. After all, the eyes oft deceived and she knew that better than anyone. Maybe there was a master swordsman before her. "Oh, is that right? I was merely passing to the village nearby. I didn't realize there was anything dangerous here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Tue May 29, 2018 7:33 pm

“Yeah, people have been disappearing around here... Weird, right?” Andrew considered himself as bright a bulb as any other. Although, admittedly, maybe it wasn’t the best idea to talk about dissapearances to people who just happen to be lingering around crime scenes. Narrowing his eyes and trying to make himself seem a little more intimidating, he continued “...And pretty weird for you to happen to be... waiting around over here, isn’t it?”

“Not trying to accuse you, uh, Miss...?”
He’d heard plenty of stories in his short time in the open world about strange women that sweeped men and women alike away. Despite his dismissal of them as myths, he couldn’t help but feel a little on edge and at the back of his mind, intrigued.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Technic Generation

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 pm

"Irene." Imite replied. A name that would mask who she really was, much like her current form. "Oh, is that how it looks? Forgive me. As I told you, I wasn't aware of the danger..." She replied, casting a gaze at Andrew while staring a bit too intently.

>Analyze - 25

But a screeching eagle from above snapped her out of her focus instantly, causing her to flinch suddenly. Great. That wouldn't have looked unusual at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:07 pm

...Wait, no, no, that was weird. Normal people don’t do.. Whatever that was.

...What if she’s actually the snakes?
No, that’s stupid.

“...Would you mind answering a couple questions?” He affirms, trying to sound confident despite his mental struggles.
Andrew reaches to unsheathe his sword, conspicuously struggling to grab it. After some effort, he points it at her, trying to get his gist across.

It took him a few seconds to figure out he was clenching a piece of scrap paper at her.

“...U-u-uh.. That’s.. Let me just...”
Grabbing on the hilt of his sword, he continues to tug at it.
“Same pocket I keep my.. Other swordsman stuff.”

Andrew quickly shoves it pack into his pocket, trying to laugh off his embarrassment. His flushed face didn’t do him any favours, and suspicion was put on standby as he mentally slapped himself for destroying what little credibility this woman thought he had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Technic Generation

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Okay, this guy definitely wasn't worth copying his form. He was bumbling about like an incompetent fool. Still, she had to play along for the time being. It'd be a pain in the neck if he tried to apprehend her. If the innocent damsel shtick failed, she had other options.

"Oh no, please. Take your time." Imite said idly, concealing just how unimpressed she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:55 pm

This is why you use daggers! That’s what all the good swordsme-... Do daggers count as swords? Small swor-

Abruptly ending his mental rant, the sword unsheathes with a lacklustre sound.

“Sorry, this sword’s just made out of drag-...”
Interrupting himself, Ryse winces, having an uncommon moment of reality after realising he had failed the most basic thing swords had to offer.

“...Look, you’re a person of interest here, alright? I’ve got to ask you to come with me.” He says, letting his sword dwindle by his side. “If that’s a problem, you’re welcome to explain why once we get there.” A certain Solemn tone on his voice.

Maybe he should look into other lines of work.

Last edited by Jelly on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Technic Generation

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Imite looked less than enthusiastic about going anywhere with this guy. Maybe she could worm her way out of this. "Do you make a habit of drawing your blade at women like that?" She asked in a slightly callous tone. "Regardless, I really don't see the need to take me anywhere. I already told you I don't know anything about the disappearances." Her patience was thinning out to the point to where she might just drop the act and use force if necessary. Still, wouldn't want to make a fuss if it could be avoided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:05 pm

No, he didn’t lie to people he didn’t know about fighting a dragon to be treated like some sort of amateur. He wasn’t an amateur! “Hey, I know about this stuff, alright? I’m not a moron...!” He replied, taking a more aggressive stance. “You think you can just.. Say you didn’t do it, and that’s a valid defence? I’m not stupid!” He repeated, telling himself more than her.

“I don’t point this sword at just anyone. You’re... A suspect!” He said, motioning with his hands to try and emphasise his point. He technically wasn’t lying. This was his first time pointing his sword at an actual person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andrew Ryse vs Imite   

Back to top Go down

Andrew Ryse vs Imite
Page 1 of 1