Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunrider Academy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eredin

Eredin

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy EmptyTue Jun 12, 2018 6:20 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f27/19/92/73/84/solaki10.jpg

Figured I would stump for this game because I'm a fan of the series and people here might enjoy it as well. Sunrider Academy is a spin off of the Sunrider VN series consisting of Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius and Liberation Day. Those two games led to the creation of this game which is a simple dating sim built around a stat management game. Sunrider: MoA is free and I suggest you check it out on the platform of your choosing, while the other two games are paid releases. I bought Academy and Liberation Day for about $10 on GoG a couple weeks ago. EDIT: a sale is currently on GoG and Academy can be had for $3 and the bundle I got earlier is back. Regarding Academy...

Sunrider Academy has you playing as Kayto Shields, vice president of the student council of the aforementioned school. He's a 3rd year student and his sister challenges him to obtain a girlfriend before the year is over. As part of his council duties, Kayto has to help 3 troubled clubs before they get disbanded and report his progress to his childhood friend and class president, Ava. Needless to say, the game gives you the option to date the 3 club captains and the Pres. However, Kayto must balance his classwork with his duties lest he be kicked out for not making good enough grades; that's where the stat management comes in. In addition to making grades, Kayto has to oversee the troubled clubs to get them to perform well enough to not be disbanded.

The artwork is top notch for all the characters and the backdrops are pretty to look at mostly too. There is only the one kiss CG, which I linked above, but the dialogue has plenty of smooching. The writing is very passable with few grammatical errors and characters each have convincing dialogue. The game as sold by GoG and Steam features censorship obstructing the view of the characters during the h-scenes. Patches are available for all the Sunrider games at the developer's website. While I didn't enjoy the stat management aspect, the difficultly can be modified to make management much easier. If you're looking for a decent length dating VN, check out Sunrider Academy, you won't be sorry.
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 5:01 pm

man that reminds me I never did finish Liberation Day I remember I was still holding on to the wishall(sp?) to see if a specal event will happen if I kept it long enough XD
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 10:57 pm

It's worth it to finish Liberation Day with the dlc that has come out since the game was initially released. Answers a lot of questions from the original ending. As for the Wishall, it's only good for saving Cosette and even then depending on choices from MoA, it may not be necessary to use in the first place. Honestly, best use for it is to sell it. Hopefully, it can be actually useful in another game.
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 4:47 am

I kind cheated legally in the first one by keeping a carrier alive forever and killing the units it spwned till I had enough cash to lower a weapons cost to negative numbers (it took slightly longer then getting someone to max level in Langrisser Re:incarnation -TENSEI- on the first stage by casting heal over and over)
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 1:47 pm

https://twitter.com/Love_In_Space/status/1110604559989293061
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunrider Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunrider Academy   Sunrider Academy Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunrider Academy
Page 1 of 1