A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 am

(Passive - Flowers of Antimony)
Dixi - 34
Ferro - 96
Jane - 52, 54
Shovel Knight - 96

Medicine backed away as she stared wide-eyed at the strings coming from Marie's hands. She dimly heard one of the female intruders—the martial artist, maybe—calling out to her in a mocking voice from further down the hill, but she was too consumed by the sight before her to listen. "No..." She whispered.

Damn it...damn it! She'd hoped beyond hope that she'd been lucky enough. That Marie's confusion was only temporary, that being attacked by that mad woman would have woken her up to the truth. But as Marie's betrayal revealed, the poor girl really had no idea what had happened to her.

"Marie..." Medicine mumbled. She slowly shook her head. "Please...please don't do this..." She looked up at Marie, and stepped closer with open arms. "Is this what you want? What the real you really wants?" She placed her hands on Marie's shoulders and lightly shook her. "Please, remember who you are! Remember who you could've been before...before they changed you!" Grief was plain to see on her face, and this time, it was no act. "Please! Don't...d-don't make me..."

She trailed off as she realized that Marie wasn't listening to her words. Her face fell, and she slipped her hands off the girl's shoulders. "Marie..." Her eyes snapped to Marie's hand, where the strings were pulling tight on the flowers below. She flicked her wrist, and a blade identical to the one that had been on her other arm slid out into place. "Stay still," she hissed.

(Medicine - Severing Ties [Free Action] - 74)
Before Marie could react, Medicine quickly grabbed her wrist and raised it high, pulling the strings taut. Then she reared back with her other arm, and slashed right through them with her blade. As Marie staggered back from the shock of having her strings severed so suddenly, Medicine did the same with her other wrist, pulling it up and slicing the strings apart.

The vines instantly surged forward, finally free of their silken shackles. They wrapped themselves around Marie's limbs in a loose hold, just enough to keep her from moving. "Marie," Medicine said, retracting the blade into her arm. "I promise, once I've taken care of the intruders, I'll help you remember who you are." Medicine's eyes narrowed with steely resolve. "I'll get rid of their brainwashing, no matter how long it takes!"

Satisfied that the vines would keep Marie from sending her strings through the earth again, Medicine turned back toward the intruders, intent on finishing them while they were still reeling from the effects of her poison.

It was when she saw the knight of shovelry flying toward her that she realized they'd recovered faster than she'd anticipated.

(Shovel Knight - Shovel Hop - 77)
Not that it mattered. The plants of the flower field were clearly eager to get back in the fight after being held back by Marie's interference, as they didn't even wait for a mental command from Medicine before shooting out from the ground beside her, heading on a beeline right for Shovel Knight. Just like before, they swatted him right out of the air, sending him careening back down to Earth. He managed to land on his feet, at least, though he was a little dazed from the unexpected impact.

To the knight himself, this behavior was puzzling. Why had the vines not tried to intercept him the last time...? Come to think of it, they'd been rather dormant for the last several minutes. He wondered if something had perhaps been keeping them back...

Meanwhile, Dixi was having trouble getting back to her feet. Her limbs were slow and lethargic from the poison, and she could hardly move her legs. Still, that was hardly going to stop her! She narrowed her eyes, and started gathering crimson energy in her hand. After a few moments, her arm started to shake from the effort of keeping the energy under control, crackles of electricity singing nearby flowers unlucky enough to be in their way.

(Dixi - Riot Javelin - 18 - Tyrant Lancer Reroll - 6) (Mastered Blood Cain - 78)
Suddenly, a surge of pain shot through her body, no doubt from the strain of tearing off her sister's seal while her body was still drugged with poison. Dixi grit her teeth to try and shut it out, and brought her hand forward, doing her best to aim it at the murderous doll up the hill. After a moment, she fired, but it was immediately clear that her aim had been off. The bolt struck the ground between Dixi and Medicine, sizzling the plant life in a small radius around the point of contact.

Well, at least she had the doll's attention now. Something her speech had apparently failed to do, for whatever reason.

A little ways behind her, Jane stared numbly at her arm, with a first-aid kit sitting on the ground beside her. She wasn't particularly injured, aside from a few minor scratches and bruises from the vines handling her too roughly, but it would serve as a reminder of what was at stake here. A reminder to not repeat the mistakes of her past, to not let herself become consumed by them. She brought the bandage closer to her arm, ready to apply it and get back in the fight.

Her hand froze as she heard a voice in her head.

The sooner you get back in the fight, the sooner you'll endanger everyone. Again.

(Jane - Break Fascination - 71)
Jane's breath caught in her throat as the voices from before suddenly came back with a vengeance. You're utterly useless, they hissed. You try, and try, but all you ever do is make everything worse. Her arm slowly drifted back down to her side, the purpose of the bandage forgotten. You're trying to get them all killed, aren't you? That doll might not have a heart, but then again, neither do you. Jane's thoughts kept swirling in a haze of despair and self-hatred, unable to break out of the web Medicine's poisons had weaved over her mind.

(Ferro - Break Fascination - 80)
(Ferro - Summon Lasciel - 28)
The look of hopelessness on Jane's face was what snapped Ferro out of his trance, and he was at her side in an instant. He quickly pulled the feather he'd received from Lasciel, and imbued it with magic in a call for her aid. After a few moments, the feather began to glow with soft light.

From seemingly every direction, a heavenly choir began to play that could be heard across the flower field. The clouds parted to reveal a column of light shining down upon the battlefield, and through it descended an angelic woman with great wings of pure white, a soft gown of fine silk upon her body, and a golden halo floating gently above her head.

Her eyes slowly panned across the flower field, briefly taking in the situation as she lowered herself to the ground beside Ferro and Jane. Her gaze immediately went to Jane, sensing the despair within the poor woman's mind. "Oh, dear," she said, her gentle voice filled with concern. "Is this why you have called for my aid?" She hovered closer to Jane and lowered herself in front of her, an aura of warmth spreading out from the angel. She gently embraced Jane, laying her pure white wings over her like a soft blanket. "Jane..." She whispered, her ethereal voice chasing the darkness away from Jane's mind. "Your mistakes do not define who you are. This despair has no place in one so brave as yourself; for have you not always been there for others in the past? Even if your heart was gripped with fear, you always led the way to victory in the end."

Jane leaned into Lasciel's warmth as the poisonous voices slowly faded from her mind. With a kind smile, the angel opened one of her wings and motioned for Ferro to join them. She lowered her wing over him and drew him close to her, enveloping the two adventurers in her gentle embrace. "Both of you have triumphed over far greater evils than this," she said softly. "You have proven yourselves time and time again to be among the mightiest of heroes. So, please, do not let these dark thoughts consume you. Remember your friends, your loved ones...everything that makes life worth living." She brought her wings down closer, chasing away any lingering doubt within Jane and Ferro. "You can do this," she murmured. "I know it, from the bottom of my heart."

With a gentle smile on her face, she slowly began to pull back, opening up her wings and slipping her arms off Jane and Ferro. As she did so, something curious caught her eye on the ground below. That was strange...were the plants...moving?

(Medicine - Living Garden) (Poison Gathers [Passive] - 66, Status Effect: Hallucinating/Charmed)
Dixi - 63, 80
Ferro - 31
Jane - 65
Shovel Knight - 96 CRIT!
Marie - 66
Lasciel - 47

Lasciel gasped. "No!" She quickly took Ferro and Jane into her embrace once more, this time with a much more secure hold, and with one mighty beat of her great wings, soared up into the sky. An instant later, multiple vines shot up from the ground and followed her ascent. She kept flying, beating her wings harder to stay ahead of them. Eventually, the vines slowed down to a stop, having reached their maximum length without managing to catch the angel in their grasp. They begrudgingly slid back down into the earth to seek out new, less flight-capable targets.

Lasciel worriedly looked around the flower field to find a safe place to land. She descended to a spot that looked to be clear of vines, and gently let Jane and Ferro down. "Are you all right?" She asked, her voice full of concern as she looked over the two for any injuries. "I apologize for the suddenness of my flight," she said, bowing her head. "It was the only way I could think of to keep you safe." She turned and looked over the flower field before them, her eyes widening. "Oh, no..."

She'd been able to save Jane and Ferro, but their allies weren't so lucky. Collapsed to the ground as she was, Dixi had no way to stop the vines from winding around her and holding her tightly with her back against the ground. Shovel Knight's situation was no better, with the vines forcing him down to his knees as more and more continued wrapping themselves around his armor, until he couldn't move any part of his body in the slightest.

Medicine watched this all with a look of annoyance on her face. First the four humans, then Marie turning against her, and now they'd summoned another intruder? She almost looked like an angel, with those wings and gown of hers. Medicine rolled her eyes dismissively at the sight. Right, "angel". More like an arrogant midara with delusions of grandeur.

The doll scowled, as more vines came up to bind Marie tighter behind her. This was just getting ridiculous. What, were they going to summon an entire army next?! She looked down at the ones her vines had managed to capture, the angry martial artist and the blue digging knight. If they were going to summon an army, she'd better hurry up and make sure she dealt with the current threats first.

She ran down the hill, and made her way to where Shovel Knight was struggling against his restraints. Reaching out and pulling his helmet off, she got a good look at his face: his plain, uninteresting, flat-out forgettable face. Somehow, it was as if the helmet had never been meant to come off in the first place.

(Medicine - Breathe Deep - Follow-up to Bind) (Crit Follow-up)
Well, as forgettable as his face was, it would soon be contorted with pleasure anyway, so it was irrelevant. She locked her fingers behind his neck, and tugged him closer down to her, faint wisps of violet smoke pouring from between her lips. She met his lips in a wet kiss, and wasted no time breathing her poison gas down through his throat. Shovel Knight's muscles went limp for a moment as the sensations built up inside his body, just like how the poison from before had clouded his mind with strange pleasure and whispers of surrender...

Dixi: 23 Willpower + Blood Cain + Bound + Infatuated + Unsteady + Weakened (3/4 strength, 1 turn remaining) (6 Poison stacks)
Ferro: 25 Willpower + Infatuated + Lightheaded (12 Poison stacks)
Jane: 20 Willpower + Infatuated + Frail (15 Poison stacks)
Shovel Knight: 24 Willpower + Charmed + Infatuated + Bound + Unsteady (0 Magic remaining) (8 Poison stacks)

Medicine: 60.5 Stamina + Burning (Hallucinating/Charmed ready)

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>

Last edited by SoloWingPixy on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Mastered Blood Cain roll)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:47 am

Damn this pain... She missed, and her act didn't work... Now she was going after the knight, she had to gather all the strenght she could, she had to break free, she didn't give up on the act.

Think damn it...

She needed to think of something, if she couldn't get Medicine to focus on her, she needed something... something...

There is that power...

No! What was she thinking... She swore that she would never use that power... She had to prove her mother wrong, using it...

It could turn the tides of the fight, besides it would only be once... right?

She then remembered how, during their fight, Jennifer had used that power to power herself up... Using it on herself...

That could give us the chance to protect them... Boost yourself... Use Themis's power...

(Struggle)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:26 am

Damnit...!

Shovel Knight fell backwards, hopping up in time to attempt and cut down the encroaching vines..Though it did little. For every one he cut, three more seemed to join their place...And eventually, he was bound.

Despite his struggles, he could do naught but sit there, until noticing Medicine moving...closer to him. As she yanked his helmet off, he winced. Having his helmet off was..not something he was used to. By the time his eyes adjusted to the light, he was caught in her kiss, something being breathed down his throat.

A part of him felt...relaxed...comfortable...It almost wanted to just give into her, and yet he felt uneasy...As if this could prove dangerous. Clasping onto that thought like a drowning man on a raft, Shovel Knight attempted to break free of this doll's embrace.

(Struggle)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Jane had begun to lose all hope. The voices were right. She was a liability. Even now, Ferro was choosing not to take this opportunity to attack in order to save her. She couldn't even bring herself to bandage her own arm. What chance did she have of helping her friends?

But then, as Lasciel's light and comforting words came to her. She had faced greater threats than this before. Admittedly, she'd always had Victus and Kathrynne beside her, but now she had Dixi and Ferro, who were just as capable. Not to mention Shovel Knight and, possibly, Marie, though she was less certain about the latter, who seemed rather... volatile?

As the soared up into the air, avoiding the vines, Jane took advantage of their aerial position to get a better idea of the state of the battlefield. Her mind began to race with ideas of what they could use to turn the tables. She didn't have long to consider her options, as they landed, but she hoped she was at least able to come up with a plan.

(Tactical Analysis)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Reploid7

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Ferro thanked Lasciel as she disappeared from the battle and then pulled Jane in tight. "You're not a liability. I want you to remember that, and that I'll always love you, no matter what happens..."
He turned to the rest of the fight and glared at Medicine as she pumped poison into Shovel Knight. "Alright, I've had enough of this doll..." He rushed forth to deliver a series of blows.
-Fleet Combo-
Marie, meanwhile, laughed at the notion of being controlled by the party. "Oh please, as if these knobs know a thing about mind control!" she spat. "Honestly, they're all far too goody-goody to even consider it!" She sighed as she saw the genuine pain on Medicine's face and that she genuinely believed they'd done something to her. "Not everyone's a monster, Medicine...I know how this looks, but you have to believe me when I tell you, I'm just another piece of Marie."
-Persuade-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:42 am

Medicine stared at the bound girl in front of her. After a moment, she sighed and shook her head. "...You don't get it, do you?" She walked right up to Marie, even as more vines continued to surge up to hold the girl in place. "When I say the real you, I don't mean just the shy, nervous girl from earlier. I mean all of you."

Her voice was quiet. "Timid, determined...I don't care how many 'pieces' there are inside you," she said. "You're not just 'another piece of' Marie, you are Marie, same as the shy girl from before." Her eyes narrowed. "And while your heart might be in the right place, you're all equally wrong."

Medicine took a step back. "It may be true that not all people are monsters...but those ones are!" She pointed at the intruders further down the hill, glancing toward them as she did so. "They're using you, Marie. They—" She froze as she registered the sight before her. "Wh...what is that?" Was...was that an angel?!

The doll turned away from Marie with a grimace. "We don't have time for this," she grumbled. "Look, I know you don't believe me, but I can explain everything later. For now, just stay put while I go deal with the intruders." As she watched the "angel" apparently embracing two of the intruders, she gave a quick mental command to send the vines after them...

(Jane - Tactical Analysis - 88 CRIT!)
Lasciel wanted to land as quickly as she could, but Jane wasn't going to waste the rare opportunity to get such an unobstructed view of the battlefield. Looking over the combatants, she was able to quickly deduce everyone's current situation: Dixi and Marie were both ensnared by vines, Shovel Knight was practically blanketed with them, and Medicine looked to be moving down toward him to take advantage of his helplessness. She narrowed her eyes as she quickly went over multiple ideas in her head to make use of what she was seeing, and by the time Lasciel had found a safe place to land, she had a plan. After briefly seeing Lasciel off, she quickly related the plan to Ferro, and nodded toward Medicine. Together, they started running toward her.

(Poison Gathers [Passive] - 77, Status Effect: Winded/Breathless)
Dixi - 97, 45
Ferro - 89
Jane - 20
Shovel Knight - 4, 10

(Dixi - Struggle - 91) (Mastered Blood Cain - 60)
Thanks to her keen eyesight, Jane had been able to tell that Dixi needed no help freeing herself from her restraints. Channeling energy into her gauntlets, the martial artist slowly pushed her arms outward, forcing the vines apart and creating enough room for her to push her feet against the ground to slide herself out of the vines' grip. Once she'd gotten most of her body free, she grabbed several of the vines in her hands and channeled her energy into them, frying them at the point of contact and sending the rest retreating into the earth.

She quickly scrambled to her feet, and took stock of the situation. She could feel the burden of Blood Cain's presence growing stronger, and she knew that it was going to start taking its toll on her body very soon. And yet, looking at the murderous doll currently feeding her poison to Shovel Knight, she'd barely taken a scratch so far.

Dixi breathed heavily. Should...should she go for it? Was using that power really necessary here? It's true that the stakes were high, with Dixi having serious doubts that their ruthless opponent would show the party any mercy should they lose to her. But...using Themis' power came with its own set of consequences, too. Was that a risk she was willing to take?

(Ferro - Fleet Combo - 81, 75, 67)
Ferro, on the other hand, had no such internal struggle plaguing him, except perhaps the question of how to strike the doll so as to cause the most damage. Was her skin poisonous on contact? Were her weak points similar to those of a human? Were there any spots where she'd taken a serious hit so far?

As he found out, the answers to those questions were, in order, "not in any amount that mattered; apparently so; and if there weren't any before, there sure as hell were now". The doll had reflexively pulled away from Shovel Knight as soon as she'd heard Ferro charging toward her, but her reaction was too late. Ferro rammed his knee hard into her gut, which sent her staggering backward. He was quick to follow with a strong punch to her chest, before finishing by locking his hands together and powerfully ramming his elbow into her stomach.

Even without his Stone Skin enchantment, it was clear to see that his blows had had a serious effect on the doll. She was clutching her arms over her stomach, doubled over in pain, momentarily unable to fight back.

(Shovel Knight - Struggle - 69)
Ferro glanced behind him, at Jane helping to free Shovel Knight from his veritable cocoon of vines. He had to admit, Jane had managed to impressively turn Lasciel's panicked evasive maneuver into a significant advantage in the course of only a few seconds. By seeing that Dixi wasn't having any trouble with her restraints, and that Medicine was busy with Shovel Knight, they could rush the doll before she could react, freeing Shovel Knight and leaving the entire party ready to press their advantage while Medicine was still recovering from Ferro's attacks.

(Medicine - Silent Guardian, Status Effect: Downed/Paralyzed) (Winded/Breathless used)
Dixi - 66
Ferro - 75
Jane - 20
Shovel Knight - 81

Of course, the plants weren't going to make it easy for them. The flowers beneath their feet quickly turned themselves toward the party, and with nary a warning, sprayed out a burst of purple gas. Ferro managed to react in time to avoid breathing in too much, but the other party members were sent reeling by the poisons swirling in the air. They felt their muscles weakening, their bodies growing more sluggish the more of it they breathed. The poison even caught in their throats, causing a harsh coughing fit whenever they exerted their bodies too hard. Luckily, the gas dispersed quickly, but its effects weren't going away so fast.

Dixi: 21 Willpower + Tactical + Blood Cain + Winded + Disoriented (9 Poison stacks)
Ferro: 25 Willpower + Tactical + Lightheaded (12 Poison stacks)
Jane: 18 Willpower + Tactical + Breathless + Frail (17 Poison stacks)
Shovel Knight: 21 Willpower + Tactical + Winded + Disoriented (10 Poison stacks)

Medicine: 54.5 Stamina (Hallucinating/Charmed, Downed/Paralyzed ready)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:04 am

You can't win this if you don't use Themis's power...

Use it, your friends won't mind as long as you have it under control...

You can control it, you have the strong will to do it...

Dixi shaked her head, what the hell was she thinking, there was no way she was using that cursed power, Jane gave them the advantage to strike, she turned to Ferro "Ferro,  let's show this creep what we can do when we work together!" She yells preparing for a team attack.

(Team Move: Iron Javelin)

(Pixy, for sake of consistency, make Ferro's action before Dixi's)

Last edited by Nekurion Alter on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:26 am

As Shovel was freed, he turned to give his thanks. A costly mistake as he was enveloped once more in toxins. Coughing and wheezing, he tried once more for a Shovel Hop, his eyes narrowing. He needed to keep the doll's attention on him..He wouldn't let her harm the others. Not only that, but he desperately required magical energies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am

"Hah! Please, these guys monsters?" She struggled to free herself of the vines, though it wouldn't be easy.
-Struggle-
Ferro, meanwhile, needed to think about what to do next. This wasn't going well for any of them and he could tell that. Then Dixi out to him and he nodded and charged his magics to enchant his staff.
-Enchant: Reinforcement-

Last edited by Reploid7 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Having finally taken back some initiative she gave her thanks to Lasciel.
"I believe that Dixi may require your assistance shortly, but I do not wish for you to be at any further risk." She commented, as she began to fish around in her bag. She had brought medical supplies, but she had not expected there to be this much poison in the air. But now that she had a little breathing room (though preferably less with the breathing, more with the room) she began to work on part two of her plan. Finding some way to counteract at least some of the poison. As she had evaluated the group from above, she discovered that, unsurprisingly, it was herself that had ingested the most poison, and was feeling the effects of it the most. So she decided that made herself the ideal test candidate for making a batch of anti-toxins.

(Free Action - Drug Test: Anti-toxin)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:02 am

Dixi - 80, 56
Ferro - 9
Jane - Auto-fail
Shovel Knight - 66, 67

Jane knelt down next to her kit of medical supplies, taking out a needle gun and setting it carefully aside so she could focus on digging around for her injectors. As she did so, her mind raced trying to figure out what exactly to use in order to counteract Medicine's poisons. The doll obviously used a wide variety of them, considering that Jane herself had been the victim of both debilitating pleasure and paralyzing despair, as well as being threatened with unimaginable agony courtesy of Medicine's poisoned blade. Still, there had to be something she could take advantage of.

It was when her eyes drifted down to the deceptively gentle flowers near her feet that inspiration struck. Of course! This entire field was covered in poisonous lilies-of-the-valley, and considering how much control Medicine seemed to have over the plants here, it would only be natural for her to use them to create her poisons, at least in some way. Perhaps she heavily modified the flowers' toxins, or only used them as a basis to create her own, but at any rate, Jane was almost certain that she now knew at least one of the foul chemicals Medicine had "gifted" her: convallatoxin.

Luckily, she had a way to deal with this. She loaded an injector with a certain neutralizing agent, and carefully pointed it at a vein in her arm. She didn't have anything to treat convallatoxin directly, but she was familiar enough with it to know what she should use to try and lessen its effects. She pulled the trigger to inject the neutralizing agent into her vein, and a numb feeling spread across her arm as it went through her bloodstream.

(Jane - Anti-toxin - 88 CRIT!)
Jane gasped as her makeshift antidote suddenly took effect, reversing the last few minutes of poison buildup in seconds. Her vision became sharper, her body became less sluggish, and her ability to focus became easier. She blinked in surprise, momentarily adjusting to the change. Had the poison really been slowing her down that much? She hadn't felt that different overall, aside from the times when Medicine was forcibly increasing the dose. As good as it was to feel more like herself again, it disturbed her that the poison felt so subtle, despite its effects being so serious...this doll was even more dangerous than she'd thought.

Meanwhile, Shovel Knight wasn't going to let a mere coughing fit stop him from performing some righteous hops upon his foul enemy's head. Leaping far higher into the air than a man wearing such heavy armor had any right to, he pointed the end of his shovel toward his foe, and prepared to bounce off her head like a mighty pinball.

(Shovel Knight - Shovel Hop - 97 CRIT!, 78, 35) (3 Magic restored)
And bounce he did. Medicine had just barely finished recovering from Ferro's attack before Shovel Knight's steel-plated farming implement crashed into her head, sending her right back into dazed stumbling. He managed to get two more strikes in before the vines apparently decided he was getting a little too cute with that shovel of his, and knocked him right out of the sky. He managed to land on his feet fairly easily, and was immediately ready to get back in the fight.

(Marie - Struggle - 35)
Unfortunately, Marie wasn't so lucky. The vines holding her were a lot tighter than the ones from last time, Medicine apparently being serious about wanting her to stay put this time. Still, it wouldn't do for her to sit idly by and do nothing while her friends were in danger, so she was hardly going to give up just yet.

While Medicine was still reeling from the cranial damage caused by Shovel Knight, Ferro and Dixi both saw their chance to get in a decisive blow on the doll. Ferro began pouring magic into his staff while Dixi channeled energy into her palm, preparing one of their most devastating combination attacks.

A few moments later, they were ready. Ferro wasn't able to put as much magic into his staff as he'd have liked, but he'd managed to transform it into a ball that would zoom across the battlefield like a bullet when he threw it. Likewise, Dixi had fully charged the power in her hand into a blazing sphere of energy. They were positioned on opposite sides some distance away from Medicine, ready to send their weapons flying toward the doll between them.

As they prepared to attack, Medicine finally shook off her daze, and glanced from one side to the other. Her eyes slowly widened in fear as she realized what was happening. Even without any expertise in magic, she could sense the raw power radiating from the two intruders' weapons—and she was right between them! She had nowhere to go, no way to avoid getting pulverized between these two nigh-unstoppable forces! "Not like this," she whispered. "Not like this!" In a panic, she dived to the ground and threw her arms over her head. In a flash, the flowers were there to protect her, laying themselves over her like a protective blanket of plant fiber.

Unfortunately, she hadn't been fast enough. Before she'd hit the ground, Dixi and Ferro had already thrown their weapons forward, sending them rocketing off to deal a crippling blow to the doll.

(Ferro - Enchant: Reinforcement - 10 CRIT FAIL!)
(Dixi - Team Move: Iron Javelin - 13 CRIT FAIL!) (Mastered Blood Cain - 77)
...Well, that was the intention, anyway.

In reality, both Dixi's sphere and Ferro's staff whizzed right past Medicine as she threw herself to the ground, tearing up the flowers below them with the sheer force of their velocity, and ended up slamming right into the person on the opposite side. Ferro and Dixi were both thrown off their feet by the force of each other's weapons crashing into them, and were momentarily dazed by the impact.

The plants slowly lifted themselves off Medicine, revealing her to be quaking in fear. After a moment, she lifted her head up. "H-huh?" She cautiously rose to her feet, and looked at the collapsed Dixi and Ferro on either side of her with a look of confusion on her face. She glanced down toward the flowers at her feet. "That...wasn't you, right?" The flowers wiggled in response. She looked back up and squinted. "...Huh."

After a moment, her lips curled up in a twitching smile. Then she started to snicker, which soon turned into a full-blown laughing fit. Her hand went to her face as her shoulders shook with mirth. "Hahahahahahahaha! A-are...are you serious?!" Her laughter echoed off the hillside, and it almost seemed as if the plants were shaking in rhythm with the sound of it. "And t-to think...I was so worried! Hahahaha!"

Eventually, her laughter died down, though she couldn't stop herself from giggling now and again. Honestly, she'd been taking these people far too seriously. Sure, they'd managed to get some good hits in, but a few chips in her porcelain hardly made up for all the poison they'd taken into their bodies. Would it really kill her to just have a little fun with them?

With a mocking spring in her step, she casually started to make her way over where Ferro had fallen. On the way, however, she felt something hard brush against her foot. Looking down, she saw that it was the arm blade she'd detached earlier! Thankful for such a lucky find, she slotted it back into her wrist joint, where it slid back into place inside her arm. At the same time, her eyes gleamed with mischief as the sight of the blade gave her a little...idea.

It had been a very long time since Ferro had taken a Riot Javelin to the stomach, and this tearful reunion was an excellent reminder why he never wanted to relive the experience. He damn near hacked his guts out from the sheer force of it! As it was, he could barely see Medicine approaching through his blurry vision, let alone force his aching limbs to get the hell up before she got to him.

Unfortunately, time was very much not on his side, and he soon found himself pinned to the ground by the doll. This in and of itself was a problem, but it became much more of a problem when she brought out that damned arm-blade again, and slowly brought it within an inch of his neck.

Medicine grinned as she watched the monk suddenly tense up, steadying his breathing in fear of cutting his throat on her poisoned blade. She wiggled her arm a bit, simultaneously drawing his attention to the blade and making him squirm a bit to try and create some distance. She leaned in closer. "Do you know what this is...?" She slid her finger against the flat of the blade, drawing some of the poisonous fluid across its length. "It's all toxins from the Conium maculatum: the humble little hemlock. Are you familiar with it? I've heard it's quite famous." She couldn't stop herself from giggling. Oh, this was always her favorite part. She felt such pride for her flowers, and it was wonderful to see the look of horror on an intruder's face when they realized just what her flowers could do. "Once it gets into your bloodstream, it'll slooowly work its way up your body, paralyzing every little muscle it finds." She brought her lips to his ear, keeping her blade within centimeters of his neck. She whispered with the sultry tone of a lover, but her words were anything but affectionate. "And when it gets to your lungs...well." She giggled. "Let's just say it really takes your breath away." She hovered her blade even closer, mere millimeters from piercing his throat. "And all it takes...is. One. Drop."

With that, she brought her blade back, ready to plunge it into Ferro's chest as she nearly did to Jane's.

(Medicine - A Touch of Poison - Ferro - Auto-success due to Crit Fail) (Downed used)
Without warning, Ferro felt the strange sensation of lips on his.

No, scratch that. Not "strange." It felt wonderful! Considering he'd been preparing himself for the agonizing experience of getting skewered by a toxic sword, a lovely kiss was quite the welcome surprise, even if it was coming from this murderous doll lying on top of him. She caressed his cheek with one hand as she kissed him deeply, with no poison gas coming this time. Her other hand, blade now retracted into her arm, moved down toward his groin, gently rubbing him over his trousers. He hadn't really noticed it before, but her hands were...warm. Just like every other part of her, they felt as human as anyone else.

After a few moments of letting his battered body rest in this doll's sudden embrace, he tasted a liquid trickling down his tongue from hers. It tasted near-overwhelmingly sweet, and he momentarily lost himself in her kiss as he let it drip into him. His thoughts started to drift off on a cloud, and the sugary taste of the doll's gift idly reminded him of a song he'd heard once when he was a child. What was it, something about...a spoonful of sugar helping the medicine go down...?

Helping the medicine go down...that's right, this was medicine. Medicine. It was Medicine. He needed more Medicine. He didn't resist as the doll delightfully indulged him, continuing to kiss him as she trickled more sweet poison down his throat.

She finished with a kiss on his lips, then lifted herself off him with a smirk. That should do the trick; with the amount of poison she'd just fed to him, his body was surely vulnerable to her full arsenal now. She glanced back toward the martial artist, who had just managed to get to her feet. Medicine sighed. It was a shame she couldn't give the monk a taste of what she could really do yet—she still had to make his allies just as vulnerable, too.

The doll giggled to herself. Oh, she would. She would.

Dixi: 20 Willpower + Blood Cain + Winded + Disoriented (9 Poison stacks)
Ferro: 23 Willpower + Downed + Frail (17 Poison stacks)
Jane: 18 Willpower + Tactical + Winded + Lightheaded (13 Poison stacks)
Shovel Knight: 21 Willpower + Winded + Disoriented (10 Poison stacks) (3 Magic remaining)

Medicine: 52.5 Stamina (Charmed/Hallucinating ready)

Last edited by SoloWingPixy on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Downgraded Breathless to Winded, since Jane healed some of her Poison stacks)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 am

"Grrr..." Their attack failed and not only that, it gave that damn doll a free hit on Ferro...

See? You need it, you won't get anywhere by convetional methods...

Dixi shaked those thoughts from her head "Have to do something... And fast..."

Use Themis's... corrupt the doll... Make sure she won't hurt anyone ever again...

"No... I won't use it..." She raised her look and locked into the doll, rushing towards her, with the intention to beat her up...

It won't work... corrupt her, you saw Zara doing it... You can do it too...

"What in the world are you thinking you stupid knucklehead!?" Another voice ringing on her head, a familiar one to it "Sis... You can't use that, you are better than that..." And another one, Ix and Xana fused back with Dixi "I'll even give you a hand so stop being an idiot and focus on doing what you do best, punch people!"

(Final Revenger -> Absolute Avenger)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 am

As Shovel Knight skidded backwards, he caught a flash of blue...His helmet! Placing it back on, he began to analyze the situation. They seemed to be holding their own, but just barely. This poison felt...debilitating.

He was reminded of Plague Knight for...some odd reason. The diminutive demolitionist may have used his concoctions for explosives, but he wouldn't be surprised if he did poisons as well.

Shaking his head, both to get rid of that thought, as well as whatever images Medicine was putting into his head with her poison, he charged forward, swinging his shovel. "You and your flowers will know the might of Shovelry!"

(Dig Slash)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:21 am

Ferro couldn't help it, her poison, her sweet medicine. It was amazing, unbelievable! He couldn't help but lie around and soak in the medicine.
-Turn Pass-

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Jane began to prepare her next plan. She looked over the battlefield to establish how everyone was doing. Marie seemed to still be trapped. Freeing her might prove very useful to the team, especially considering Jane was rather certain she'd saved her life. Dixi wasn't in the best shape, but it looked like she was shaking off the battering she'd gotten from Ferro. Shovel Knight seemed to be doing about as well as Dixi, though it was difficult to tell with all that armour, and his overly normal face. And Ferro was....

Ferro was not doing well at all. Medicine was doing exactly what she'd been doing at the start of the fight. She was targeting him directly. A small anger began to build up inside Jane, but she kept it contained. Now was not the time to be rash. Getting herself killed by doing something reckless wouldn't save Ferro. Instead, she considered her options.

Avert. Block. Counteract. Distract.
The main four ways for preventing further damage to a targeted ally.

Avert. Change the target of an attack.
Block. Make it more difficult for the target to be attacked.
Counteract. Reverse the damage already done to the target.
Distract. Make it more difficult for the aggressor to attack at all.

All of these options were available to her. But, given the fact Ferro didn't seem to be moving, she realised there was only one option. She had to help him.

(Anti-toxin - Target: Ferro)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Yesterday at 2:05 am

(Poison Gathers [Passive] - 52, Status Effect: Infatuated/Lovesick)
Dixi - 34, 24
Ferro - 8
Jane - 15, 46
Shovel Knight - 60, 64

Medicine grinned as she leisurely walked toward the martial artist, who was only just barely getting to her feet. She could tell this one was feisty—she'd had already taken in a decent amount of poison from the air, but the real fun would start once Medicine started breaking her down with slow, agonizingly sweet kisses and caresses...

(Shovel Knight - Dig Slash - 72)
...Until she was suddenly struck hard in the back of the head with a resounding crack, and was sent sprawling face-down on the ground. Behind her stood the re-helmeted Shovel Knight, triumphantly resting his trusty shovel on his shoulder after having beaten the doll down with it.

Medicine raised her head off the ground, and rubbed the dirt off her face with a growl. Right, she'd forgotten about that one. She quickly got to her feet and turned to face the knight, her eyes narrowing. Fine. He wanted to be the first to go down? Well, far be it from her to deny hi—

(Dixi - Final Revenger -> Absolute Avenger - 40, Stun - 20) (Mastered Blood Cain - 88)
Her thought was interrupted when she was suddenly struck in the back of the head, again. Before she could go sprawling to the dirt once more, however, her attacker followed up with a powerful kick that took her right off her feet.

Dixi showed the doll no mercy, charging right past Shovel Knight to deliver a flurry of blows against Medicine before finishing with a two-handed crushing strike that sent her crashing straight into the ground.

Again.

And this time, she wasn't getting up so quickly, dazed as she was from the unexpected pummeling she'd just received. Several vines came up to support her limbs as she staggered back to her feet, and the flowers surrounding her turned outward to face the intruders. Even if she herself was vulnerable, it was obvious that the flower field wasn't going to make it easy for the party to take advantage of that.

(Marie - Struggle - 49)
As much of a beating as the doll controlling them was taking, however, the vines still weren't letting go of Marie. She squirmed and twisted, trying to find some kind of weak spot in their hold, but it was obvious that the vines were doing their damnedest to make sure she didn't escape this time.

Meanwhile, Jane had other matters to attend to. Ferro was still lying on the ground, writhing from the sweet poison running through his veins, and giving an occasional jolt whenever a flower turned toward him and gave him a little puff of toxic smoke. She grimaced. She wasn't going to just leave him like this. She hurried over and knelt down next to him, loading another injector into her needle gun. She held one of his arms steady so ensure she didn't miss, and after taking a moment to carefully adjust her aim, she pulled the trigger to give Ferro the same antidote she'd given herself.

(Jane - Anti-toxin - 28 - Ferro)
Ferro blinked rapidly as the antidote spread throughout his body, quickly dispelling the trancelike state he'd been in. He shook his head and propped himself up on his hands, getting away from the flowers that were trying to offer him another dose of poison. He still didn't quite feel like himself, but his mind was cleared of Medicine's manipulations for the time being. It was time for him to get back into the fight.

Dixi: 19 Willpower + Blood Cain + Disoriented (9 Poison stacks)
Ferro: 23 Willpower + Lightheaded (12 Poison stacks)
Jane: 18 Willpower + Tactical + Lightheaded (14 Poison stacks)
Shovel Knight: 21 Willpower + Disoriented (10 Poison stacks) (4 Magic remaining)

Medicine: 45.5 Stamina + Stunned (Charmed/Hallucinating, Infatuated/Lovesick ready)

Last edited by SoloWingPixy on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Ferro's Frail to Lightheaded)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Yesterday at 3:38 am

"Dix, it's my turn now..." "Huh? But I can... Fine..." In a moment Dixi's appearance changed, a sultry smile appeared on her lips, her left eye changed color and the tips of her hair as well "Well then... Hey little doll! I saw the way you looked at my sister... If you want a make out session sooo, sooo badly I can give it to you cutie~ Well? Ready to have fun? I'll make sure to please you to your core~" Xana taunted "But first, you were a naughty girl..." Xana thrusted with her spear.

(Shearing Storm)

Last edited by Nekurion Alter on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Yesterday at 7:04 am

Oh man, that crack had been satisfying. Resting his shovel upon his shoulders, he took in the sights, before deciding that the best bet would be...to try and save that other doll! They could use all the help they could get.

Turning, he ran towards Marie, intent on trying to free her with a Dig Slash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Yesterday at 8:07 am

When his head cleared, he rushed to Jane and lifted her off the ground in a big hug before setting her back down. "Thank you, Jane!" He looked around the field before spotting his staff and raised his hand to try something, attempting to use his magic aptitude towards metal to bring it to him.
-Retrieve Weapon-

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Yesterday at 11:37 am

Jane smiled and nodded.
"Now we're even." She winked, before getting her head in the game again. Everyone was slowly getting worn down by the poison, but things were beginning to look up. But now was not the time to get complacent. The fight was not even close to over. She began preparing some magical light to shine right into Medicine's eyes as soon as she emerged from behind her flowery shield.

(Distacting Display)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   

Back to top Go down

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5