A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:42 am

Jane followed after, mostly following the same path as Ferro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:43 am

Dixi nodded and followed them, carefully to no step on the flowers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:44 am

"Hrmm. My apologies. I did not mean to underestimate you." At the monk's command, Shovel began to follow them, hand on his weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:46 am

As Ferro carefully stepped around the few flowers lingering outside the border of the field, he noticed that, oddly enough, they seemed to be just as careful as he was—whenever his foot went near, they would bend themselves out of the way, much like they did to avoid the azure knight's prodding a few minutes earlier. Experimenting a bit, he set his foot near a tighter cluster of flowers, and they all drew as far as they could out of harm's way, as if possessing a survival instinct of their own.

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:53 am

Ferro couldn't help but smirk as he avoided stepping on the flowers, muttering, "Excuse me," to them as he headed for the center of this strange garden.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:54 am

Shovel Knight kept his eyes on the flowers. He knew not whether these were dangerous, but in the event they were.....His hands traveled to a rucksack. He had many artifacts...Here's hoping he wouldn't need them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 am

Jane noted the behaviour of the flowers, pulling out her notebook, and writing down a couple of things. This would make for very interesting research. It raised many questions. How did the flowers perceive? Did they have some form of central nervous system? Were they perhaps linked through some form of root network? Were they telepathically communicating, or using chemicals, to share information with each other? Or did they share a hive mind? All of these questions were of interest to Jane, however none could easily be answered without being invasive towards them, which would make negotiations harder. She sighed, and continued on, watching the flowers with a general level of interest, hoping to spot some clue in their behavior that may help indicate why they were acting in such an unusual fashion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:56 am

"Ferro..." She started, she felt a presence, someone who wasn't neither them or the knight "You feel it right?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 am

"I do..." Ferro stated simply. "Seems the gardener will be joining us shortly..."

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 am

As the party trekked further into the flower field, the variety of flowers seemed to drop further and further, until they were completely surrounded by white lilies-of-the-valley. Their sweet scent permeated the very air they breathed, to an almost sickening degree. The fog hanging over the field certainly didn't help matters, and the dark clouds above suggested that rain would soon come to ensure that the party's return trip was caked with mud.

Despite being on the side of a mountain, the slope was a gentle one. This was the only mercy the party found among the foul weather and difficulty of stepping around the flowers, accommodating as they were.

Eventually, a building appeared through the fog. It was a simple wooden cottage, fit for one or two occupants at most. Though the wood was positively crawling with flowers and vines, the house did not appear to be abandoned—the wood was clean and sturdy, showing no signs of damage from the plant life covering it. Flowerpots covered the deck, and unlike the swarm of lilies-of-the-valley around them, these flowerpots carried a veritable rainbow of petals and berries.

Of course, the greatest sign of life was the girl standing up the hill beside the house, watching the newcomers as she knelt next to one of the flowerpots. She slowly stood up from her task, and though the fog made it difficult to clearly see what she looked like, the intensity of her gaze was unmistakable. She said nothing, simply staring at each of the newcomers in turn.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:23 am

"I assume that's her," Ferro stated. "Good evening, ma'am. Am I to assume you're the one who's tended these flowers?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:24 am

Shovel Knight stared up at the building, and at the doll before them. She was just...staring at them. Slowly, his grip tightened upon the Shovel Blade, eyes locked onto the figure. The young man was trying to be diplomatic...but Shovel kept his guard up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:33 am

Jane, upon hearing mention of the girl, closed her book, and brought her attention to her. She gave a nod of acknowledgement to her when she looked at her, and put on a smile to show friendliness.
"Apologies for the intrusion, but we have something that we wish to discuss with you." Jane commented, as she continued to approach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:34 am

Dixi just observed, she decided to let Jane or Ferro do the talking but keeping her guard up im case of trouble.

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:52 am

Jane took a few steps in front of the others, and the girl's eyes immediately shot toward her. The girl slowly walked forward, dispelling the last of the fog and revealing her appearance: curly blonde hair, bright blue eyes, a dress of red and purple tied together with a large white bow on her back, and red leather shoes with frilly white socks. Her choice of outfit made her look rather out-of-place for a gardener, but what stood out more to the party was the presence of doll joints across her entire body. Her fingers, her hands, her wrists, her arms, her legs...everything but her face, which looked just as human as anyone else's. It was near-impossible to see them before, but now that the party knew about them, they were impossible to miss. What was a doll doing here?

When the girl spoke, she had to raise her voice to carry it down to the newcomers down the hill. "I'm sorry, but you need to turn back! This is no place for you." Though she was addressing the entire party, her eyes didn't leave Jane, still standing closer to the girl than her comrades. "There's nothing to discuss. You need to leave."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:57 am

"We merely wished to ask that you do something about the expanding territory," Ferro called to her. "It's coming dangerously close to overtaking a couple villages and towns and we'd prefer it not end badly for them or for you."
In the shadows, Marie watched the conversation, her eyes glued to the doll that approached the party. Her doll joints creaked a bit, but not loudly enough to raise attention to her.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:05 am

Shovel Knight kept an eye on the flowers as they spoke. Their opponent was a doll....That was not something he could say he had fought. Ghosts, other knights, propeller rats....But not dolls. And with how sentient these flowers seemed to be....He didn't want to let his guard down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:08 am

A doll? It wasn't the first time Dixi faced one, her friend Marie was one after all but unlike Marie there was something on this girl...

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 am

Jane stopped approaching the girl after her comment. She had a bad feeling about this.
"We wish you no harm, but we are here to prevent further hostilities with the peoples of the local towns." Jane responded, her voice empathetic. "Please, just hear us out. Once this matter is resolved, we can promise that we will never disturb you again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 am

The doll's intense gaze only flickered to Ferro for a moment, before settling back toward Jane. "I don't know what you're talking about," she stated flatly. "All I've done is stay out of the way, and quietly live out my days surrounded by the flowers." Her expression darkened. "You're the ones invading my home, not the other way around. I'll say it again..." She took another step forward. "Leave. There's nothing for you here."

The doll's expression was stoic, but her tone brooked no further argument. She turned her back to the newcomers, and started walking back toward the cottage...then a moment later, she paused. Her head slowly turned back, her gaze scanning across the flower field. She turned back toward the group, a snarl plain to see on her face. "Just what are you people trying to do here?"

She took a meaningful step forward, and her hand drifted down to her side. "I'm not in the mood for games, so I'm only going to say this once." Her other hand pointed accusingly at the intruders. "You're hiding a fifth person from me. Tell me why, and tell me now."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:27 am

"A fifth person?" Dixi muttered and then she noticed the presence fo said person "Ferro... Someone has been following us..." She said turning around looking into the woods.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Marie let out a noise of surprise, drawing Ferro's attention to the trees, spotting Marie. "Marie? What are you doing here?"
"I'm sorry..." she replied meekly, poking out of the trees just enough for everyone to see her. "I didn't mean to, I got caught up in the teleport and I don't really have a stone of my own.

Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:07 pm

"Marie?" She walked towards her "Why didn't you said something sooner? We could have sent you back if you wanted."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:10 pm

"I-I didn't want to get in the way..." she said as she stepped into full view, her more notable features as a doll in plain sight

Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Dixi smiled "You don't have to worry about that Marie."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   

Back to top Go down

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next