A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Jane glanced back towards Marie, frowning, before turning back to face the other doll.
"I understand that this is your home. And I wish we did not have to be here, but your flowers are beginning to encroach on the territory of the other people's homes." Jane explained. "I apologise for the conduct of our fifth, but we were unaware that we were followed here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:43 pm

The doll girl's eyes widened as Marie timidly came out from her hiding place, and her hand stopped reaching for her side. "A doll...?" At the mention of her name, however, she suddenly staggered backward, and her breath caught in her throat. "M-Mary?!"

She was frozen, her eyes wide as she stared at Marie in disbelief. After a moment, however, her shock quickly faded, and her shoulders sagged. "No, no...Marie..." She muttered, more to herself than anyone else. She started walking down the hill, the flowers parting for her footsteps as they did everyone else's. She walked right past Jane, ignoring her completely, as her attention was now entirely focused on Marie. Unlike her distrustful gaze from before, though, her expression here was soft, almost concerned.

She stopped a few steps from the party. "Marie..." She said quietly. "That's...your name, right?" She put her hand over her heart. "My name is Medicine. Medicine Melancholy." She glanced around at the rest of the party. "Are you...with these people?"

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:02 pm

"U-Um, yes, that's my name...and, yes, I'm with them..." She wasn't entirely certain how to respond to Medicine's formality, but it seemed she didn't mind at all.

Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 pm

"You know her Marie?" Dixi asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Jane watched the doll, who had now identified herself as Medicine, speaking with Marie. Perhaps this could end without hostility. She seemed to have taken a liking to Marie, after all. Or was, at least, much less aggressive towards her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Oh great. Another doll..At least this one seemed more benign. With a sigh, he went to stab his shovel into the ground...before noticing that they were still in the flower field. Maybe he should just...rest it on his shoulders. Doing so, he began to rummage about through his pack of artifacts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 am

Medicine's frown only deepened at Marie's words. "I...see," she muttered. She took another look at the strangers assembled in her flower field, staring at each one of them in turn. Four heavily armed men and women, and a harmless, timid doll girl among them.

Of course, Medicine didn't believe their claims of ignorance for a second. Marie just happened to be tagging along, unbeknownst to the rest of them? Ridiculous. These four looked dangerous, and they'd surely have noticed if Marie had been sneaking along behind them.

Chemicals began to silently churn within Medicine's body. No, she knew exactly what was going on here, and she wasn't about to let it continue.

She looked back toward Marie, her expression softening. "Can...can I talk to you, for just a moment?" She took a few steps forward, and held out her hand invitingly. "Please, I know it seems sudden, but...it's been so long since I've talked with another doll." If Medicine had had a heart, it would've twinged with pain at the truth of that statement. "Just a little heart-to-heart between us? I promise, I'll listen to whatever your...friends have to say after this."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:01 am

"U-Um, sure thing..." She looked to the group and Ferro gave her and nod, giving her a small smile. She smiled in turn and looked back to Medicine. "What is it you want to talk about?"

Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 am

Dixi observed them, she was happy, maybe this could fix the problem with the territory AND give Marie a new friend, she stepped away to give Marie and Medicine some space.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 am

Jane relaxed slightly. It seemed that Medicine was a little enamoured by Marie. Perhaps this would be easier than she thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 am

For the first time, Medicine gave a little smile. The humans were moving out of Marie's way, stepping back and giving the two dolls the space they needed. Thank goodness; she'd been worried that there might be complications. At this rate, she'd be back to tending to the flowers in a matter of minutes!

Medicine stepped forward to meet Marie, and gently took the girl's hand in her own, inwardly wincing at the signs of damage she felt from her fingers. Countless minuscule scratches and pockmarks littered the surface of her skin, and her joints felt loose and worn down from overuse. Medicine bristled with anger. When's the last time these people had gotten her any replacement parts? It's like they didn't even care!

At least she could take comfort in the fact that this was all about to change. Medicine looked back up, into Marie's shining silver eyes. Those, at least, were untouched; beautiful as the day they'd been made. "You've been through a lot, haven't you?" Medicine asked softly. "I can tell you've lived a hard life." Briefly, her eyes flickered back to the party, watching the pair with curious gazes. "But..."

Medicine put her hands on Marie's shoulders and leaned closer, bringing her lips to her ear. "I'm going to save you," she whispered quickly. "In ten seconds, run to the cottage as fast as you can. Once you're inside, lock the door, and don't look back."

Medicine drew back, and gave Marie a reassuring nod before slipping her hands off the girl's shoulders and stepping around her toward the rest of the party. She closed her eyes, and after taking a moment to mentally prepare herself, lifted one of her feet back and tapped the ground twice with her toe.

The only other warning the party got was the brief sound of the flowers shifting beneath their feet.

(Medicine - Living Garden)
Dixi - 54
Ferro - 76
Jane - 72
Shovel Knight - 83

With a sudden roar of rushing plant life, countless vines burst out of the ground beneath the four intruders. Before they could even register what was happening, the vines started winding themselves around them, crushing their arms to their sides and preventing them from making any kind of movement. However, they seemed to have trouble winding themselves around Shovel Knight's bulky suit of armor, and he managed to wrestle them off of him long enough to grab his equipment and leap away, slicing at the vines with his shovel to keep the rest away from him.

At the same time, however, the sweet smell of the flowers began to grow stronger, to an almost sickening degree. A light purple haze started to form around the flower field, and its source was easy enough to spot: the petals of every lily-of-the-valley in the field had opened up, and poison gas of the same violet color was slowly seeping from within to mingle with the growing fog.

Medicine growled and stepped toward Shovel Knight, the inside of her body churning with the same poison. By the time she was done with these intruders, she'd make sure they knew exactly why this was no place for them.

Dixi: 30 Willpower + Bound + Weakened (1/4 strength, 3 turns remaining)
Ferro: 30 Willpower + Bound
Jane: 30 Willpower + Bound
Shovel Knight: 30 Willpower

Medicine: 75 Stamina

((And so, it begins. Not to put a damper on the pace of things, but I just realized I forgot to put something very important in both Medicine's profile and the boss rules here: if Medicine is binding a single target herself, then the Bind can be cancelled if she takes 3 x (# of starting players) damage, so in this case, 12 damage. If a character is being Bound by the vines, and Medicine isn't currently attacking them, then a non-Bound player can attack the vines normally. If they succeed, regardless of damage, the Bound character is freed and can attack that same turn. So, if you think you might be freed by someone else, or if you're trying to free a Bound character, write what action you'll do if it turns out your Struggle is not needed! Other than that, I wish you all the best of luck. You just might need it.))

Last edited by SoloWingPixy on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links to all the character profiles)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:20 am

Ferro was caught off-guard, having genuinely hoped that Marie's surprise presence would have left things in a peaceful light. "Damn, I was really hoping we could talk this one out for once..."
-Struggle-

"W-Wait, Medicine, I don't think that's necessary!" Marie called, stepping back as most of the party was left bound by the vines.

Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:29 am

"Tsk so much for ending this peacefully... I'm sorry Marie seems we are going to have to fight Medicine... Be careful and stay back please." Dixi said worried more about Marie getting trapped in the crossfire than about struggling to get free from the vines.

(Struggle)

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:40 pm

Jane's eyes widened. She let her guard down for one second, and this happened. Dammit.
"How could I be so naive? This is just like last time..." Jane mumbled to herself, as she tried to break free from the vines.

(Struggle)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 pm

It had all happened so fast. What was once seemed to be a simply diplomatic discussion turned into a veritable onslaught as flowers coiled around the others. Luckily, Shovel Knight had managed to escape. As he did, he noticed a strange purple mist forming on the battlefield...Something told him he would have to try and avoid that.

As the doll moved forward, Shovel leapt into action. "You! They simply wished to resolve this diplomatically. But if that's not an option..Then I shall stop you with force! STEEL THY SHOVEL!"

Lifting up his shovel, he stabbed it into the ground, a small shockwave of energy traveling across the ground towards the manic marionette.

(Drop Spark)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:05 pm

(Living Garden - Poison Gathers - 74, Status Effect: Charmed) (Since I forgot to roll for this last turn...)
(Poison Gathers [Passive] - 30, Status Effect: Winded)

As soon as she'd started her assault, Medicine had already been prepared. The inside of her body was filled to the brim with countless different extracts from the flowers and chemicals of her own creation, allowing her to create potent poisons of whatever kind she wished on the fly. The familiar feeling of chemicals churning inside her body indicated that the process was going quite well—these intruders wouldn't know what hit them.

(Passive - Flowers of Antimony)
Dixi - 27, 69
Ferro - 52, 93
Jane - 46, 45
Shovel Knight - 68

Of course, the flowers covering the field were no longer mere spectators, either. The poison they were releasing into the air was so widespread, the party had to make a concentrated effort to avoid breathing it in. Unfortunately, Shovel Knight was the only one to notice this and react accordingly, grabbing the cloth of his tunic and breathing into it whenever he could, as the rest of the party was too preoccupied struggling against their restraints to notice the poison trickling its way into their lungs.

(Ferro - Struggle - 49)
Try as he might, unfortunately, the staff user didn't have anything he could use to break free of the vines aside from raw strength, and the vines wrapped around him weren't going to budge from that just yet.

(Dixi - Struggle - 10)
Dixi's situation was even worse. Weakened as she was from a previous battle, she simply couldn't outmatch the strength of the vines holding her in place.

(Jane - Struggle - 84)
Jane, however, was able to find a weak spot in the vines holding her. Focusing her strength there, the vine eventually snapped, and with their hold weakening, the rest soon followed. Jane fell to the ground, landing on both feet and ready for action.

(Shovel Knight - Drop Spark - 53)
After bellowing his challenge to his foe, Shovel Knight reared back and stabbed his shovel into the ground, sending a spark of energy racing toward Medicine. Unfortunately, the doll saw the attack coming, and managed to jump back out of the way. On the bright side, it managed to singe some of the flowers that couldn't bend themselves out of the way in time, so there was a small victory there.

At the sound of Marie's voice, however, Medicine glanced back behind her. "What are you doing?!" She snapped. "Didn't you hear me? I said run! It's too dangerous here!" She turned back, and saw that her enemies were starting to escape from their restraints. She scowled. No, she wasn't going to let that happen.

(Medicine - Breathe Deep - Follow-up to Bind - Ferro)
A few more vines shot up from below Shovel Knight's feet to distract him while Medicine bolted toward the bound Ferro. Slowing to a stop in front of his struggling form, the vines brought him lower until he was face-to-face with her. For the first time, they both got a close look at each other's faces, and Medicine was unimpressed with what she saw. Nothing in those ugly green eyes of his except greed and fear of the unknown, typical of any adventurer charging blindly into her realm. Luckily, a few doses of her poison—or a few dozen, she wasn't picky—would soon have those eyes burning red.

Medicine cupped her hands around Ferro's cheeks, and slowly pulled him closer to her. Without a word, she placed her lips on his in a soft, yet firm kiss. Ferro's eyes widened at the feeling of her warm lips—she was a doll, wasn't she? Her lips, her skin...how did they feel so real?

The answers to such questions would have to wait, however, as Ferro began to feel a strange sweet taste on his tongue, without any identifiable source. Wait...he was breathing something in! He could feel a warm gas enter his mouth and travel down into his lungs, and with Medicine's lips sealed over his, it was the only thing he could breathe. Medicine held him close as his struggles began anew, continuously pumping her poison into his lungs without pause. After all, unlike him, she didn't suffer from the weakness of having to breathe.

Dixi: 30 Willpower + Bound + Weakened (1/4 strength, 2 turns remaining) (1 Poison stack)
Ferro: 27 Willpower + Bound + Charmed + Dizzy (3 Poison stacks)
Jane: 30 Willpower (1 Poison stack)
Shovel Knight: 30 Willpower

Medicine: 75 Stamina (Winded ready)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:10 pm

"Ferro! Grrr..." Dixi kept struggling, her weakened state wouldn't let her get free by normal methodsand so she decided to use more inconventional methods, creating a energy ball on her hand to then detonate it on her own hand.

(Riot Javelin - Binded Version)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm

Damnation....His attack missed, and now she was...kissing Ferro? What the hell was going on? Something felt off about this whole thing, but right now, he needed to save his allies. Running forward, Shovel Knight reached into his satchel, pulling out a horn. Aiming it directly at Medicine, he took a deep breath...And blew.

(War Horn.)

Last edited by AzureTyrant on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Ferro felt light-headed as he felt her warm lips upon hers and a sweet-tasting gas fill up his lungs. "W-Wait! Medicine, please, they're not bad people!" Marie's shouting snapped him to and he attempted to break free once more.
-Struggle-

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:03 pm

As Jane saw Medicine move up to Ferro and kiss him, something in her snapped. She couldn't afford to feel sorry for herself for being captured so easily, or taken hostage so quickly. She needed to help, and she needed to help now. She began to stare at Medicine, trying to identify a weakness she could exploit to take her down. There must be some blind spot. Some softer area. Somewhere that the perfect strike could exploit...
(Tactical Analysis)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:40 am

(Jane - Tactical Analysis - 59)
As soon as she'd gotten to her feet, Jane was already looking up and down the party's sudden attacker, trying to discern some weakness they could use to their advantage. A weak point in the joints, maybe?

Unfortunately, either a weak point didn't exist, or it was too well-hidden. Jane scowled in frustration. Whatever the doll was doing to Ferro, it couldn't be good. She had to do something!

(Passive - Flowers of Antimony)
Dixi - 41, 40
Ferro - 17, 89
Jane - 77
Shovel Knight - 6

In her frustration, it slipped Jane's mind to breathe this dangerous air lightly. Meanwhile, Shovel Knight continued to hold his tunic over his mouth with one hand as he reached into his satchel with the other...

(Dixi - Riot Javelin - Auto-success due to bind, damage to Medicine - 53)
With a determined growl, Dixi began charging a sphere of scarlet energy in her hand. It crackled with electricity as it grew, and with a nudge of her hand, it exploded, sending the energy it gathered out in all directions. The vines and Dixi both spasmed as the energy sparked across them, and Dixi grit her teeth to ride out the pain as the energy began to subside. The vines weren't so lucky, and their charred remains sank down to the ground, freeing Dixi from their tight hold.

(Shovel Knight - War Horn - 59)
At the same time, Shovel Knight found what he was looking for. He wasn't going to pull any punches here—he brought out the most powerful relic in his arsenal, the War Horn. He brought it to his mouth, and after taking a deep breath, blew as hard as he could into the magical instrument.

However, as soon as he grabbed the horn, various plants and vines began racing toward Medicine. As she continued kissing Ferro and forcing him to breathe in her poison, the vines wound around her ankles, rooting her to the ground, and hardy-looking flowers cupped themselves over her ears. Her eyes widened as she jerked back in surprise at the plants' sudden intervention. She turned back to look at Shovel Knight, and an expression of realization passed over her face. She hunched down as he blew the horn in her direction, tearing up plant life along its path with its sheer volume. However, with the help of the flowers, Medicine managed to hold her ground, and once Shovel Knight couldn't blow into the horn any longer, the plants disentangled themselves from her, allowing her to turn her attention back to Ferro.

(Ferro - Struggle - 23)
Ferro had planned to take advantage of Medicine's distraction to tear himself out of the vines' embrace, but his ears were no more immune to the War Horn than Medicine's were. Though Shovel Knight was careful to try and focus the War Horn's effect on Medicine, Ferro still found himself shaken by its sheer power. By the time he recovered his senses, Medicine was already pulling him in for another mind-altering kiss.

(Medicine - Breathe Deep - Follow-up to Bind - Ferro)
After having tasted her sweet poison once, Ferro was slightly less resistant to the second dose. Somehow, Medicine's soft lips tasted even better than before...was that part of the poison's effects? Either way, his struggles ceased for a moment as he indulged in her strange kiss, breathing only the air she wanted him to breathe.

Dixi: 28 Willpower + Weakened (1/4 strength, 1 turn remaining) (2 Poison stacks)
Ferro: 23 Willpower + Bound + Charmed + Winded + Unsteady (7 Poison stacks)
Jane: 30 Willpower (2 Poison stacks)
Shovel Knight: 30 Willpower (0 Magic Remaining)

Medicine: 75 Stamina

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:43 am

The sound of the War Horn tore through the surroundings, ripping up numerous flowers from their roots...Eventually, Shovel Knight fell to one knee, gasping as he looked up to see....Nothing changed.

Growling, Shovel Knight drew his shovel, and leapt towards her, preparing to pogo stick upon her head. "RELEASE HIM YOU MENACING MARIONETTE!"

(Shovel Hop.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekurion Alter

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:45 am

"LET HIM GO!" Being finally free, Dixi didn't waste any second as she launched herself against Medicine to try and free Ferro from her bind.

(Vortex Crusher)

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Reploid7

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:47 am

Ferro felt his muscles lose tension as he slowly started to give in, accepting her kiss and allowing more poison into him. "Medicine, no!!" Marie shouted. Ferro was jostled back to attention with a jolt and attempted to pull free once more.
-Struggle-
Marie ignored Medicine's insistence and rushed over the flowers to try and stop her from hurting her friends. "Please, don't hurt them! They saved me, I swear!"

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:51 am

Jane grimaced as she found no way to get Ferro out of the vines. If she couldn't help him to get out, she needed to at least provide a distraction. She began to move her hands into an almost praying position, and focus her minor magical energy into it. It began to emit light, at first dimly, but slowly it began to become brighter. She then shot the light off towards Medicine. If she was unable to distract her, she was at least hoping to change her target.

(Distracting Display)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)   

Back to top Go down

The Melancholy of Medicine (Boss Encounter)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next