A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Magnus Vs. Kaonashi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frogg

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-07-27
Location : My place of residence.

PostSubject: Magnus Vs. Kaonashi   Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

______________________________________________________________________________
-The old ruleset applies: the rolls are 1 to 100 even rolls are a success, uneven rolls are a failure.
-Characters are allowed 1 free action, but must otherwise stick to their movepools.
-Instead of VIRTUE and VICE, the adventurers have WILLPOWER and the midara have STAMINA.
-Encounters that use characters from the OpenRPG may cause a re-appearance of said midara, depending on outcome.

Paralyzed Status- Character will be unable to move next turn and will be unable to dodge the next attack

Charmed Status- The next attack dealt by the midara does +1 Willpower damage

Bind Status- Character will be unable to move and continually suffer 2 Willpower damage each turn unless they roll a 50 or higher and escape

Downed Status- Character's next action is skipped, allowing their opponent to attempt a follow-up

Dazed Status- Character must roll two successes instead of one in order to hit


Even rolls higher than 85 are considered critical and allows the attacker to follow up with another move

Odd rolls lower than 14 are critical failures, allowing the opponent's next attack to be a guaranteed success

Kaonashi starts with 30 Stamina, and Magnus starts with 25 willpower (Due to Damnable Temptations! passive).
______________________________________________________________________________

Despite his rather intimidating height, Magnus had never considered himself much of a lookout.
His services had recently been acquired by a beyond anxious family of village folk, during what was intended to otherwise be a superficial jaunt through a hamlet not too different from his own modest hometown. Nostalgic.
He had been contracted to find, and hopefully recover, the families' son, who had recently gone missing into the woods, without a trace. Under normal circumstances, he probably wouldn't of accepted such a seemingly impossible search, but these people were desperate for any kind of clarity. 'No' wasn't an answer they could take. A hulking knight appearing as they gave up hope seemed like divine intervention to them.

He was beginning to give up hope, too. It was about time to call his search off.
His mental conflict was quickly cut short, however, as a weak, feminine voice called out behind him.
"F-..Face..?"

_________________
"Don't pay for drugs, let your friends do that!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

avatar

Posts : 313
Join date : 2014-05-09
Location : The Round Table

PostSubject: Re: Magnus Vs. Kaonashi   Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:41 am

Magnus' heavy armor clanged noisily with every step he took through the woods, and any animals that came to investigate were quickly scared off by the sight of his hulking frame. Upon reflection, it was quite fortunate that he wasn't here to be stealthy. Quite the opposite, in fact.

"Hello? Is anyone out there?" He called out, for what must've been the thousandth time that day. His trusty poleaxe was mounted on his back, allowing one hand to hold up his helmet's visor as he held the other next to his mouth in an attempt to amplify his shouts. "I'm from the village nearby! Please, your family's looking for you!"

As usual, his only answer was an echo of his own voice off the trees. He sighed, lowering his visor back over his face. As much as it pained him to think about, it was looking increasingly likely that he'd have to return to the village empty-handed. He'd looked everywhere, and the Sun's light was fading fast. If the boy wasn't found by nightfall, it was almost certain that he wouldn't be found at all.

It was then that he heard a voice call out from behind him.

Startled out of his thoughts, he quickly whirled around to face the source. For a moment, he was filled with hope that this might be the child he was looking for—the voice had been rather high-pitched, but perhaps the boy was simply younger than he'd thought. When he saw the strange creature before him, however, his heart sank. This was obviously not who he'd been sent out to find.

For a moment, he stood mask-to-mask with the creature, looking it up and down as he tried to figure out just what he was looking at. It looked like a woman, but its entire body was pitch-black, and Magnus swore that he could see through it. "H-hello? Who goes there...?" He asked cautiously. What was he supposed to say to a creature like this?

_________________
Code:
<<Those horns...she can't be human!>>
<<She's like a demon...>>
<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frogg

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2018-07-27
Location : My place of residence.

PostSubject: Re: Magnus Vs. Kaonashi   Yesterday at 3:45 pm

The figure simply stood there, her hanging clothes swaying slightly as she similarly examined Magnus, curiously looking him up and down. The eerie silence quickly returned with her wordless staring, the forest suddenly going quiet with the wind turning into only a whisper, as if not to disturb the reticence. The gaze seemed to hold for just a few moments too long, yet easily long enough to build on the already uncanny aura this stranger was emanating.

If he squinted, it was almost like she occasionally flickered, like some sort of dim candle flame.

Magnus’ question fell on deaf ears as the woman only responded with silence, her intent completely ambiguous behind the strange, emotionless ornate mask, before suddenly asking him a.. Question? He could only assume what she meant from the tone, the unfaltering expression, or lack thereof, of the mask providing no advice.

“..Face?” The mysterious figure repeated, seemingly more sure of her words this time she spoke, miming our the motions of removing her own mask as she gently placed her hands against it and pretended to remove it, going on to mimicking lifting something from her head, quickly returning to a standstill with a now slightly cocked head as she curiously awaited a response from what she presumed to be some sort of imposing iron golem.

_________________
"Don't pay for drugs, let your friends do that!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Magnus Vs. Kaonashi   

Back to top Go down
 
Magnus Vs. Kaonashi
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Upon her lips :: Original Content :: RPs-
Jump to: