A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A Meeting of the Minds

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Basic rules:
- Even rolls hit. Odd rolls miss. Random numbers are generated between 1 and 100.
- Even rolls over 85 are considered critical successes. Odd rolls below 16 are considered critical failures.
- When the move doesn't define what a critical success does, the opponent is Stunned.
- When the move doesn't define what a critical failure does, the user is Off Balance.

Stunned Status - Character will be unable to act next turn.
Off Balance Status - Character will be auto-hit by next attack.

Combatants:
Gwenivere Collbard
vs
Abigail Reese

Gweniverre was in a rather good mood right now. She'd escaped the clutches of the folks from the midara Sanctuary and, to make matters even better, found herself as the new leader of Daraku. No longer would she stand in the shadow of Zara.

Of course, Daraku was not what it used to be. Zara had maintained a lot of the balance within the organisation, and with her disappearance, many of the other cells had splintered off, either creating their own factions, each called "New Daraku", "Neo Daraku" or whatever dumb name they could think of to establish themselves as distinct. On top of that, few recognised Gweniverre as the true heir to Daraku.

In spite of all of this, Gweniverre was still in a rather good mood. Why? Because the old Daraku had never really suited her. This was a chance to start over, and remake the world as SHE wanted to. None of this "peace on the planet" nonsense that Zara was spouting on about. Gwen wanted power. The power to do as she pleased without any consequences. For that, she needed allies, willing or otherwise. Nimea had been the first to agree with her, recognising Gwenieverre as her superior. This had pleased Gwenieverre greatly. Not just because it proved her own authority, but also as she saw Nimea as a great asset, and certainly not someone she wished to make an enemy out of.

But there was still something missing. Though Gweniverre's mental powers were great, it seemed that there were still some who held a resistance to them. She needed another source, someone else to amplify her abilities, to synergise her psychic power with, and to help pierce the minds of any who could resist her. For that, she needed to find another psychic.

As look would have it, various people around her seemed to be thinking about someone who perfectly fit her specifications. A rather small, relatively cute looking girl, who seemed relatively shy, but showed potential as a psychic. Perfect. A target that would be easy to dominate, and mold into the perfect asset for her. She began to seek out someone who matched the description that Gweniverre had been piecing togther from people's minds. She was, of course, focusing on not having her haze up. She didn't wish to draw too much attention to herself, after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Abigail propped herself against the shade of the tree, taking a break from exercising around the park. Despite her diminutive form, she had made good progress of slowly beating her own record on the number of laps within 20 minutes and her speed is increasing.

These exercise were necessarily to keep her body in shape while keeping a mental focus. Both must be in sync and in good shape, neither one neglected. She did put up a mental white noise so that she doesn't accidentally tap into her psychic abilities to accidentally boost herself, that is not the point of the exercise.

She reaches int her sports bag to grab bottled water and starts to chug it down as she starts to take her break with the umbrella that she is always holding next to her. Usually trouble rarely happens within the area but she does not want to get caught flatfooted should it does occur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:06 pm

After a few minutes of 'aimlessly' wandering around, she finally spots someone matching the description. Indeed, she certainly matched the description, but seeing her made Gweniverre doubt if she truly was 'gifted'. She certainly didn't seem to hold the aura of someone who held a lot of power. Then again, perhaps she was surpressing it, as Gweniverre currently was, to avoid undue attention. In any case, it warrented further investigation. She began to approach her.

"Excuse me miss. I appear to have gotten rather lost. Is this... Havenport?" Gweniverre asked, as an excuse to make her way over. Havenport, as it happened, was just a half mile trek away, and was relatively unused by any, aside from fishing boats and the odd yacht owner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:17 pm

A voice interrupted her moment of rest and relaxation before she turned towards the woman that approaches her and asking direction to Havenport. Huh that is odd, Havenport is mostly for fishers and and boat owners and she actually documents those individuals as they need permits. She still keeps a relatively friendly, if not quiet, appearance as she points towards the direction of the port without saying a single word at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:22 pm

"Huh, I could have sworn that I had looked over there..." Gweniverre frowned. "Are you sure? My friend owns a yacht in the port, you see, and I can't seem to find him anywhere." She added. Slowly, and subtly, she began to try and read the thoughts of the potential psychic in front of her. She was doing a rather good job of keeping suspicion off herself, if she did say so herself, but she couldn't bide her time for too long on when to strike. First thing was first, she needed to confirm that this girl had power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Huh? There is a wavering within her white noise fog within her mind. Was it from this woman? As if by reaction or by training, she creates a mental projection of having the thoughts and life of a normal high school student. In the meanwhile she kept her role playing instinct as if she is the person she is projecting. Hopefully this will throw off whoever is trying to probe here.

In the meanwhile, she simply nodded to the woman before pointing towards the dock once more before shrugging her shoulders before trying to make some sign language to see if that is understandable as she cannot physically speak and she is trying to keep a low profile after that red flag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:10 pm

As a self-acclaimed expert in creating fake mental personas for other people, Gweniverre was rather quick to pick up on a projection when she encountered one. Perhaps there was more to this girl than she thought. She had tried to remain subtle with her probe, but clearly it had been rather too obvious. Instead of pulling back, she instead began to randomly shoot of sparks of mental energy around her, as if she was a psychic who was not entirely in control of her power.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't understand sign language." Gweniverre commented, which was not entirely true. She could pick up what the girl was saying, but she found that it would be easier to either get her to talk, or if she was in fact unable to speak, to force her to use some other method to communicate. "I'm really sorry to ask this, and normally I wouldn't, but it's... sort of important that I meet my friend soon." She added, putting a little bit of fear into her tone. "I'm... afraid of what might happen if...." She left her comments there, allowing the girl to fill in the blanks. Given her powers 'seemingly erratic' nature, perhaps the girl would put two and two together, and make the exact assumption she was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 pm

The presence within the fog faded but suddenly this woman was having a bit of a flux state within her mental state. However this kind of event is not subtle at all and the presence was trying to be subtle but still left a mental shape within her fog. This ended up making Abigail even more suspicious. She kept the white noise within her mind up just in case but need to think of something before she knows what to do.

As if buying her story, she motions to Gweniverre to follow along as she grabs her sports bag. Unseen, she instinctively press 3 buttons in sequence on a rectangular object before she zips up the sports bag and slings it over her shoulder before heading towards the direction she had indicated a while ago, looking over her shoulder to make sure Gweniverre is there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Perfect. She'd fallen for it, and it seemed that she was going to lead her directly to the place that she expected to be mostly free of people. Of course, it was difficult to tell if she'd made the connection that Gweniverre hoped she had. She needed to find some way to establish communication with her.
"So... do you have a name?" Gweniverre asked, following after the girl, asking as if she were trying to make casual conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Gwen simply smiled in a rather sunny way and nods but does not say anything else. She is genuinely mute but doesn't seem to have a way to communicate with any else directly. She does indicate Gweiverre herself withi her hand gestures at least. Abigail seems to lead them towards a rather odd path that seems to be a bit of a different from the usual way towards Havenport, a detour?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:59 pm

This time, it was Gweniverre's turn to be suspicious. This girl was leading her the wrong way. Perhaps she didn't quite understand the 'importance' of Gweniverre's 'plight'. Gweniverre ramped up the power on her volatile spikes, and stopped walking momentarily, holding a hand against her head, as if she was getting a rather major headache.
"Urgh... sorry. I'm... fine, I just... need a second." She commented, putting on the perfect impression of a pained voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:09 pm

Abigail already caught onto Gweniverre's action and even decided to use her acting as a mean to suddenly act, dashing right past Gweinverre almost quickly that she seems to be a blur to the untraiined eyes.  The tiny psychic knew that Gwen could trace her but it didn't matter.  Abigail put herself in a position now behind Gweniverre but still a decent distance.  If the Daraku psychic looks around, she would noticed that the area around herself is rather narrow and straight ahead is a dead with the other way being blocked by Abigail.  Gwen was cornered and has little maneuverability where she stands.

Gweinverre can suddenly hear a voice within her head. "OK what's your real story?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Perfect. Though not entirely as she had planned it, the girl had let her to a rather isolated area, and was now directly challenging her. Even better, by speaking directly into Gweniverre's mind, she had proven that she was psychic. She could hardly believe her luck. Of course, it seemed that the girl was attempting to block Gweniverre in. It mattered little to her, as she had no intention of running. She removed her hand from her head, and instantly stopped the volatile spikes of energy.

"I'm sorry for the deception, but I had to confirm that you were indeed who I thought you were." Gweniverre responded, directly back into Abigail's mind. "I am here to offer you a unique opportunity to be part of something great."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Abigail already considered herself to be in something great already but she will humor Gweniverre a bit even if she is not interested. It also plays into her next strategy anyhow. The blond girl crosses her arms over her chest as she eyes the other psychic, assessing her. She did not react negatively, not a good sign; the means this woman must be powerful, overconfident, or both. Hopefully it is only the confidence part but Abigail isn't taking any chances. The device she has in her sports bag is still blinking lights out of sight.

"OK? So what is this opportunity?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:31 am

"Have you ever heard of an organisation known as 'Daraku'?" Gweniverre asked, a sly grin on her face as she asked. She expected one of three responses to this question. The first was obvious, no. The second, some misguided dislike for the organisation. The third, a query as to why she was asking. After all, no-one would openly admit to agreeing with Daraku, after what happened to it. In many respects, Gweniverre hoped for the second response. After all, that would prove that she couldn't be convinced to join 'willingly'. And Gweniverre wanted to have some fun with this girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 am

"Not much, what about them?"  She heard of the group before but from different sources.  One is from the public sources that made claims of questionable practices.  The other is from Hestia who was reporting an anomaly from some of the core personnel.  Abigail guess this would be one of the personnel.  Unfortunately Hestia's investigation hasn't gotten far yet as progress was slow without getting compromised.  However she warned her not to get involved yet...unfortunately Daraku have found her. Retreat is an option but Abigail realize that this woman had been targeting her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm

A very neutral and non-committal answer. Gweniverre decided that she should try throwing her off the scent, and see what reaction it garnered.
"Not much, you say? So you do know something about them then?" Gweniverre asked, looking rather pleased with herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:37 pm

"I heard the name....somewhere...but nothing about them persay." Her mental voice seems rather unsure.  If she does not acknowledge that she knows more about them and feign ignorance, then she may get a story she can easily verify based on her intel.  Beside she needs her to keep talking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Oh, so basically she was lying about having heard of Daraku to sound smarter than she was. No real surprise there.
"Very well. I shall give you a synopsis. Daraku is an organisation committed to establishing a new world order, where everyone can live in peace." Gweniverre explained. "And I have recently become the head of the organisation. And I would like you to join me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pm

"World peace? That's...a tall order. What is it that you have to offer that other hasn't tried yet? I already heard a lot of politician that boast the same thing." The recent change of leadership also makes her question the stability of integrity of the organization in the first place.

Upon the rooftop fairly far away, a pair of something is scurrying onto the edge of their respective building. Their legs the dig onto the concrete before a gun sprites from their back but does nothing afterwards, still maintaining an unseen profile and on standby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:41 pm

"At Daraku, we have a certain... ability, one that is not possessed by 'politicians'. We are able to bind people to our will, whilst also making them more powerful, and focusing them towards a single purpose." Gwen commented. "Of course, once they are bound to that purpose, it becomes difficult to change without psychic intervention. As such, I am looking for those skilled at altering the mind in order to have a greater level of control upon the... weaker elements." She appeared to be entirely unaware of whatever may be going on on top of the nearby buildings. She did, however, find it somewhat strange for them to just be silently standing in a alleyway. It was a good thing there wasn't anyone else around, or they'd think that they were weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Bound people's mind?  Alter their mind?  Weaker elements?!  Abigail presses a button on her belt.  

The turrets bot on the rooftop raises themselves slightly on the rooftop before each one one opens fires at Gweniverre with small bolts of energy that saps the inflicted's strength and will.  

Environment modifier Turrets:  At the beginning of each 2 turrets will attack IDOL's enemy for 1 damage each.  

Turret shot: (1) Crit fail
Turret shot: (100) Crit (Gwen at defense disadvantage for this turn)

Unfortunately for one of the turret bots, the gun seems to stall for a moment.  The bot has to waste time re calibrate itself.  The other bot however was spot dead and catching Gweniverre completely off-guard by the surprise attack as she is so used to detecting attackers ahead of time with her psychic abilities but the bots are mechanical and have no mind.  The direct hit causes her to stagger a bit, giving Abigail an opening to strike.

Flicker Strike (Wind) She takes the enemy by surprise and launchers 2 1-damage attack.  If the first attack hits, the second one is rolled at an advantage.  Only the second attack counts for the sake of starting the combo.
(97, 52)  Next hit attacks with advantage.
(36, 94) Combo started.  Critical hit, next chain attack automatically hits.
1st hit
2nd hit (38)
3rd hit (36)
Shielded Strike- Deal 1 damage.  If successful, Abigail has defense advantage against that specific enemy for 1 attack round.
(52)

What occurred right after that could be described as utter chaos for Gweniverre as Abigail suddenly disappeared before delivering a nasty umbrella jab to her back followed by a front assault overhead smash on her head.  As the daze psychic is reeling, the tiny blond girl perform 3 rapid diagonal strikes before finishing off with a fierce umbrella stab to the gut before she jumped back and holds her umbrella in a rather defensive stance, her mind similarly guarded.  Once Gweniverre finishes recovering, not only does she feel very sore from getting battered around but she also felt strangely light headed and exposed mentally.  

Abigail (30) (5 wind stack) (1 turn defense adv)
Gweniverre (22)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:19 pm

As she finished speaking, she noticed a flare up of aggression coming from the girl. She grinned maliciously. Perfect. She was going to initiate a fight. Really, that just saved Gwen the trouble. She prepared her mind for, what she assumed, was the oncoming onslaught. What she had not expected was to be fired upon from a distance, then repeatedly battered by a psionically enhanced umbrella. To make matters worse, it seemed that the strikes came along with an additional effect upon Gweniverre's mind. Perhaps she had underestimated her opponent.
"You know, it's not nice to attack someone for no reason." Gweniverre commented, aloud. She picked herself up, and began to slowly approach her opponent, making every effort to sway her hips as she did, pushing a psychic attack against the girl, to fill her mind with dark temptations, and delicious thoughts of Gweniverre. It was not like she'd be able to resist the allure of Gweniverre, or Corruption, after all...

(All Eyes On Me - Disadv: 6, 39)
Or, perhaps she could. It seemed that her mind was well and truly walled off from such assaults. Perhaps she needed to step up her game, and try something she'd never tried before. A more direct psychic battle...

(Haze: 30)
Fortunately, Gweniverre's haze seemed to still be able to pierce the mind of the girl, slowly chipping away at her defences, and weakening her to the assaults to come.

Abigail: 29 + Wind: 5
Gweniverre: 22
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 pm

(Does haze count as mental based attack?)

Abigail (29)(29.5?) (5 wind stack)
Gweniverre (22)

Abigail briefly moment felt a couple type of forces trying to punch into her mind.  that seductive sway trying to worm her way into her mind and something...sinister.  Fortunately her vigilance was able to detect it early and warded it off actively though it did leave her open to a brief subtle erosion of her defense.  However, it was far less intense than the previous.  She was glad to keep her guard up during that moment!

Turret 1: Turn skip
Turret 2 (66)

The first turret bot was able to re-calibrate its muzzle to not jam though it loses precious time doing so.  The second turret continues its assault again striking Gweniverre but this time not staggering her as she is more guarded against the attack but still got caught by it.

Telekinetic tether  (Earth)- Deals 1 damage and is rolled at an advantage.  If it succeeds, then the enemy is inflicted with tether.  Enemy must roll a success struggle to dispel debuff or be automatically hit on the first combo hit each turn.
(55) (__) Success due to 5 wind stack.
1st hit. (Autohit due to tether)
2nd hit (17) Fail
Hypnotic Spin- Deals 1 damage.  On next opponent attack, if they roll less than 34, they attack at disadvantage on their next attack.
(20)

It was then that Gweiverre felt a presense within her mind, that her defense was faltered, Abigail was directly watching within and though that Abigail was able to fake out an attack that Gweinverre would have been prepared by almost ready to strike with her umbrella again but stopped and holds her hand forward before a telekinetic bind grips at Gweniverre's waist, suddenly stopping that sway before she is unceremoniously yanked off her feet and into the path of another umbrella barrage but  this time she was able to boost herself out of the second strik.

Abigail's final strike didn't come with another physical strike but deploying her umbrella that creates a rather...interesting swirl that goes in as it spirals inward...drawing her...deeply- Gweniverre suddenly realizes the danger and tears her gaze away but not without suffering a bit of light headedness.  The spinning umbrella is still out that if the taller psychic wasn't careful, she would end up accidentally getting her gaze caught in the patterns again. Even after escaping some of the damage, Gweniverre felt her mind is starting to get sluggish.

Abigail (29)(29.5?) (4 wind) (Hypno-spin)
Gweniverre (18) (3 earth) (Tethered)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:54 pm

(Escape the Tether - 23)
Gweniverre feels the effect of the tether against her.
"You wish to tie me down? Well, if that was what you wanted, all you had to do was ask~" Gweniverre responded. She attempted to break the tether, but was unable to.

Although she wasn't going to show it, that attack had really done a number on her. She was beginning to get concerned, especially by the attacks from the turrets above. At least now that she was aware of them, she could hope to avoid them.

(Mirror Mirror - 84, Creating 3 copies)
She was, however, able to give off the illusion of splitting the tether, as she focused her image into the mind of the psychic. It was not entirely clear which one the tether was connected to, and Abigail, somehow, had difficulty remembering precisely where Gwen had been standing just a moment ago. There were now 4 potential targets for her, but only one of them was the real one. They all grinned maliciously.

"Or perhaps you want me to tie you down? Simply say 'no' if that is not what you want." the Gweniverres winked.

(Haze - 79)

Abigail: 29 + Wind: 4
Gweniverre 18 + 3 earth + Tethered + Copies: 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of the Minds   

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of the Minds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next