Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lake of Legends DLC

Go down 
+3
BurningVulcan
Mizuhashi
forest Assasin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 3:29 pm

For a moment, as Nimea smiled upon Gweniverre, the latest plot of this devious telepath seemed to be underway at once. Everything seemed to fade out in the world, leaving only Nimea and Gweniverre and this one moment of intimacy. "Then, Gweniverre..." Two cold pinpoint sensations fell over Gwen's cheeks as she looked up at the lake spirit.
The smile Nimea had was now gone as she found herself biting her lip and her eyes were shedding brightly shining tears. Every droplet cascading from her face took away more and more expression from her face until Nimea's eyes became empty and cold. "Then you'll betray me, won't you...?"

As her tears washed over Gwen, a chain of thoughts and emotions rushed through her. Images of staggering pain, crippling fear, and a rapidly growing hatred. By the time Gwen's mind was free of those foreign emotions, she found herself being lifted off the ground by a wave of dark waters, held in place just off the ground. "You think that just because I pined after you and devoted myself to you, that I trusted you? Any potential for complete trust became near impossible long ago, Gweniverre, you should've realized that. But I suppose that goes to show how highly you think of yourself and how lowly you think of others..."

Nimea was completely different from what she was moments before. It wasn't entirely clear if she could keep Gwen held down, but as this strange turnout pressed on, the voice in Xana's head elicited a sour laugh.

Those stars weren't for show. They're her emotions.

Last edited by KyoryuuBlaze on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Xana listened to the voice inside her head. "Her emotions? What do you mean? Why has she changed so much?" Xana was worried, even someone as despicable as Gweniverre deserved to live, and this sure didn't look good for her. "Hey, tell me! Why has she changed? How can we stop this?" Finally managing to get back on her feet, Xana resumed her rush towards Nimea and Gweniverre.

There was someone else running towards the pair and this one didn't had as good intentions as Xana did, Alter was determined to erradicate Themis and all of those who wielded her power, including Gweniverre. Or so it seemed, as someone managed to stop Alter before she could go into the woods, standing with some difficulties, Ix had managed to grab the ashen-haired woman by the arm. "Alter... Don't..."
Alter tried to shove Ix off but the blonde girl's grip was strong even for someone with such a petite physique such as Ix. "Go worry about your 'sister', I have my own business to take care of."
Not yielding, Ix kept holding on to Alter. "That's what I'm doing... Please... Killing won't solve anything..."
"Maybe not for you or the others but to me it's the only thing I have, the only thing I can do. You have friends, family and a home, I only have my objective, my goal, my vengeance. I'm a faker and I will do the only thing I can, the thing that any of you have the guts to do!" Alter's eyes were determined but they were also sad, filled with both, a fiery determination and a deep sorrow, something that Ix quickly noticed.
"It doesn't have to be that way... Come to live with us, you too are part of our family... My sister... So please..." Ix kept pleading, trying to stop Ix because she knew that, if she didn't stop her, Alter would surely kill Gweniverre, she gave Nimea a second chance but she was sure that she wouldn't be so kind to the ex Second Seat.
"Go with you? Where? To that Sanctuary of yours?" Alter let out a laugh. "Please, I'm pretty much aware of how your friends, your 'family' hate me. You think someone like me would be welcome there? And even if I was, I know for certain that my presence would make others feel unseasy." Another shake, Alter felt Ix's grip starting to weaken.
"That's not true, of course you would be welcome... No one hates you, you helped us stop mom, you tried to stop Dixi from making the pact, you helped us today to rescue Ferro and Robin..."

Alter started to think about it. "So you say I'm not hated, I'm tempted to accept just to prove how wrong you are."
"I'm not wrong, come with us and you'll see... Please." It seemed that Ix's pleads started to work.
"..." After a few seconds of silence, Alter made her choice. "Fine, but I warn you, if I see you are wrong, I'll leave. And I'll make sure to deal with all of Themis goons, starting with that bitch, Gweniverre."
Ix smiled and hugged Alter, the ashen-haired girl almost shook her of but once she noticed that Ix had passed out, she kept her 'little sister' in her embrace.

The things they make me do...
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Barchiel stood over the unconscious body of Robin, Bolter lifted as he stared at the goings on before them. Something about this felt wrong....It felt off. Slowly, his finger began to squeeze the trigger. If need be...he'd fi-

"HOLD IT!"

A glint in the sky preceded an azure shovel crashing into the ground, followed by a familiar blue-clad knight. Shovel Knight had arrived. Looking up at Nimea, he began to walk forward, sparing naught but a glance at the others.

"Nimea! It is good to see you. I hope you are hale and hearty, but..I must ask. What are you doing? What is going on here?"
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Sierra was observing the whole incident from the high branches of a tree, almost out of sight.  She fears that Nimea was starting to fall into Gweniverre's influence again, and everyone is going to be fighting the both of- wait what the- what is Nimea doi- did she realize what Gweniverre was planning?  She shakes her head, trying to clear the confusion from the sudden turn of event.  But she did not act, it was not time to act.  

Those stars, Nimea is crying them.  What did it mean?  As her mind runs through different possible explanation, she caught several figures still approaching the pair:  Xana, Alter, Barchiel, and...it was that same knight she saw earlier and he seems familiar with her in a friendly way.  Yet another odd puzzle to this picture.

For now, Sierra just continues to observe.
Back to top Go down
X_Simply-Perfect_X

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Jane smiled at the sight of Gweniverre being raised up into the water. She was thankful that Nimea had not fallen for her ploy. But she could see the pain in her expression. It was clear that, despite her resolve, she would not be able to hold the psychic for long.
"Well, Lady Nimea, what is it you plan to do with her?" Jane asked, speaking up for the first time the middle of the fight. She'd been maintaining a safe distance from the group up until this point, but decided now was the time to speak up "It is clear from your actions that none have been harmed by her like you have, so I believe everyone here would agree that the decision should be left in your hands. As a show of good faith from us to yourself, I believe few would object to her fate being left in your hands." Jane added. Of course, she suspected there may be a couple of objections, especially from Dixi's shadow. But she believed she was at least able to speak for most of the group.

Gweniverre felt her heart sink as she was dragged up off the ground, and into the water. She was about to open her mouth to object when the wave of emotions hit her. As she came to, to find herself completely trapped, her expression changed. For a brief moment, an expression resembling regret shot across her face, only to be quickly replaced by a mask of pride, and a sigh of disappointment.
"How ironic. After alll this time, this is when you decide to finally see me for who I am? To truly comprehend my nature?" Gweniverre stated. The words did not come from her mouth but, for reasons unknown, they were words being projected to the whole group, rather than just to Nimea. "It is such a shame. We could have had a lot of fun together. But I suppose there is no chance of that now, is there?" Gweniverred added, flippantly. "Do with me what you will, but rest assured, I will return. And I will take Daraku back."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Even in her voided heart, there was a twinge of pain writhing within. A clinging remnant of her affections for clever, confident, and prideful woman she'd fallen for. "I will not kill you...even emptying my heart out to do this much wouldn't give me the strength to go through with it. Despite everything, and beyond logic and reason, I still love you, Gweniverre..."

And there you have it. She threw all her emotions out into those dark, corrupted waters to do what she thinks is right... What self-destructive cunning, as I have stated before. The voice inside of Xana's head took a brief pause, which almost felt melancholy. Still, to throw out your emotions is, for lack of a better term... Heartless, don't you agree?

Nimea had regarded Jane's words with a small nod before spotting Shovel Knight emerging from the forest. "Sir Knight, it's good to see you again, though regrettably under such conditions..." She turned back to Gweniverre and dragged her from the edge of the forest towards the lake, very clearly threatening to drop her in. As she approached Xana and Anika, two who weren't willing to let her commit to this, she summoned Droplet Doubles to cling to them and buy at least enough time for the spirit to bypass them.

"I will... Trap you in this lake, filled with my regrets, my sorrows, my happiness, and every betrayal I'd ever felt... I will..." She seemed to tremble more and more with every second. "I will..."

After reaching the lake, she eyed the ice walls and called on her fellow spirits still in the lake to bust the walls down with the lake water. The ice caved and crumbled after a high pressure impact.
And so, finally, after much hesitation, she finally dropped the speech, and subsequently dropped Gwen into the lake. Almost immediately, her eyes fogged up and welled with tears as she tore from her place to jump in after her. The moment her body submerged, every star in the lake began to blink out one after the other.

Last edited by KyoryuuBlaze on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 7:01 pm

"...."

Shovel was confused. Daraku? Gweniverre? Before he could even ask what was going on, she dropped the other woman into the lake, and dove in, lights within the lake blinking out.

Perhaps it was nothing. Perhaps he was overreacting. But seeing someone he respected dive in, the thought of her being in danger being prevalent? The cerulean crusader ran towards the lake, reaching into his handy dandy bag of tricks, and pulling out...a rather mundane fishing rod. With a grunt, he cast the line. Hopefully he could catch her...!
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Sierra shakes her head. From her vantage point, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done from her perspective. She manually hooks her grappling device to the branch she was standing on and descends down from the tree before walking over to Jane. There was a look of clear confusion on her face. "Jane, what's going on?"
Back to top Go down
X_Simply-Perfect_X

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Jane watched the scene in front of her unfold. Concern crossed her face as Nimea suggested, then acted upon, throwing Gweniverre into the lake. From her experience, those who were corrupted tended to arise with a much greater power than the one they'd previously had. Though, she did not know the specifics, having had little opportunity to fully study its effects, and having only seen a small handful of cases, where Kathrynne had been forced to use her corruption powers. What surprised her was the action taken by Nimea directly after throwing Gweniverre into the lake. She turned to Sierra as she approached her.

"I am not entirely certain. Perhaps Nimea wishes to restrain Gweniverre within the lake, or perhaps she planned to do so, but was unable to hold the resolve to do so. I suspect her feelings for Gweniverre may be blinding her to what needs to be done." Jane commented, a small amount of irony in her voice. Her emotions had gotten in the way of her decision making during preparation for the battle, so she knew all too well how easily they could cloud your judgement, but equally, the use of those emotions is what had enabled her to save Ferro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Gweniverre was submerged in the waters of the lake, she began to feel power flowing into her. This is what she had been concerned about? The power entering into her body felt... right. Corruption was already a part of her, and she was able to manipulate it, so was it really so strange to think that it would be incapable of controlling her. After all, she was Gweniverre. Nothing could take her down. She knew for a fact that, no matter the foe, she'd be able to take down any foe that Nimea wished... Wait... That wasn't right. Something was definitely wrong here. Gweniverre began to struggle. This corruption was beginning to affect her. She could not allow that. After all, she was perfection. She refused to change. After all, Nimea loved her just the way she was. There it was again! No, she had to fight it.

But just as she began to gather the resolve to fight it, to manipulate the corruption around her, and to push it away from her, she was hit by yet another wave of emotions. Regret, an emotion she knew all too well, but one that she felt she did not deserve to feel. Sorrow, though unfamiliar to her, it was hard hitting nonetheless, complimenting the regret. Happiness, something she rarely felt this purely. Betrayal, an emotion she knew all too well, and one she felt was necessary to survive. But beyond all of that, one emotion stood above them all. Love. An emotion that pierced into Gweniverre's very being. This was unlike any love that Gweniverre had ever felt. She had known obsession. She had known lust. She had even known kinship. But the only thing close to this emotion she'd felt was her feelings for herself.

The corruption broke through Gweniverre's defences, flooding her body, her mind, her very essence. And though conflict continued within her, it was clear the corruption had won, for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zara sighed, and rose to her feet, as she approached the edge of the lake to get a better look, curiosity piquing her interest in the events unfolding in front of her. She was unconcerned by the possibility of falling in the lake herself. She glanced around at the group, her expression unreadable. Lina Dixi was unconscious, and her arms had clearly taken a beating. She had even managed to shatter the gauntlets that Zara had made. An interesting result. She had always known the gauntlets would eventually break, but she had expected it would be once Dixi mastered her powers, perhaps in two or three more decades. The fact she'd shattered them so soon must be extremely painful for her, and would likely make it all the more difficult for her. Meanwhile, Ix seemed to have convinced 'Alter' to join Sanctuary. She was clearly a force to be reckoned with. Yet another reason that Zara knew she could not stay much longer. Xana seemed to have been determined to intervene between Nimea and Gweniverre, prior to the pair both ending up in the lake. She doubted that she'd be foolish enough to join them, given the lake's properties, but she was prepared to intervene if she had to. After all, Xana was the only one who could remove the seal linking her to Dixi. And though she was confident that she could survive the breaking of the seal, she wasn't as certain Dixi could. Especially given her current condition.

And finally, she reviewed the status of the lake's current occupants. It appeared that Gweniverre had let the corruption get the better of her. Not that Zara expected any less. Gweniverre had always been too confident in her own abilities. As powerful as her psychic powers were, her resistance to mental manipulation left a lot to be desired. Though, this is precisely what had made her the perfect candidate for the Second Seat.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Anika growled as the droplets held her down, her body burning with flames to drive them away. The chances of doing it in time was next to zilch, but she had to try. As fire fully engulfed her body, she found the droplets holding both her and Xana down soon collapsed into puddles in the mud before the heat could truly effect them. No time for that! She twisted around to the lake, only to see Nimea leap in.

//====

Ferro had witnessed her hesitation, her ultimate decision to finally drop Gwen into the lake, and the strange resurgence of regret as the water spirit leaped in. "You think so...?" He paused to mull Jane's hunch over before nodding. "That's probably it... But still, this can't end well..." He awaited the turnout, eyeing Shovel Knight as he cast his reel. A few moments later, they line caught on something, making him tense out before the line went limp again.

//====

Nimea raced against the water to catch up to Gweniverre, to pull her out and reverse what she's done. To figure something else out, get her to understand, anything. Her leg was quickly caught and her advance was halted as she looked over her left ankle to find it tied by a fishing line.
Whomever cast it wasn't important, she found, whipping the waters and breaking the line before continuing her dive down. The further she and Gweniverre went, the more stars in the waters blinked out, her heart filling up once again.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 am

As the droplets melted and she was released, Xana ran towards the lake, stopping at the border next to her mother.

Meanwhile, Dixi started to wake up, grumbling as she felt back the pain. "Ugh... Fuck... My arms..." She protested before trying to get up.

After leaving Ix lying on a good spot, Alter approached Xana and her mother. "I spared the spirit. But as soon Gweniverre comes out, I'll have her head and don't even think of stopping me."
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 11:52 am

The line had caught something! Shovel began to reel in, rapidly. He might just be able to save he-

It had been cut. He froze for a few moments, before charging towards the lake, stopping at the edge. "I know she lives there, but I worry for her. Should I go in after her?"
Back to top Go down
X_Simply-Perfect_X

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Gweniverre's eyes began to cloud over, her arms reaching out towards Nimea as she swam towards her. Her hair began to shine ethereally, before taking on a midnight blue hue.
"My.... lady.... I.... I didn't know." Gweniverre's voice came into Nimea's mind, the feelings of regret almost palpable in her words. Inside of her mind, the conflict raged on, but externally she no longer seemed to be struggling, her body no longer entirely her own.

Jane frowned.
"We have to be ready for whatever may come out of that lake. I recommend taking a few steps back. We cannot risk Gweniverre ensnaring us, and compelling us into the lake. Who knows how powerful her psychic abilities will be now." Jane warned, taking a couple of steps back, but never turning her back to the lake. She stretched out her hands, guiding the others close by to do the same.

Zara, meanwhile, took no such action. She merely peered deeper and deeper into the lake, watching as each of the lights went out.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 pm

"Don't go in there!" Ferro shouted at Shovel Knight. "They'll be fine, trust me, but you need to hurry and back away from the lake!" He summoned his magic and changed his skin to stone in preparation.

Anika watched the lake intently, seemingly at the ready to pounce if Gweniverre emerged. "I'm so confused...but we're definitely not done here..."

Deep in the lake, Nimea had taken Gwen into her arms as the final star disappeared. "Gweniverre, I'm sorry for this! I could've thought of something else, anything else!" She made to bring Gwen back to the surface, intent on pulling her corruption out and think of something else.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Yumi has heard Dixi's voice groan out from the pain of her arms as she tended to her wounds.  With Ix out cold and her own healing knowledge limited to more mundane means to control damage, there was little she can do to help Dixi with her arms.  Upon seeing Dixi trying to get up, Yumi tries to help her so that the black-haired woman wouldn't be forced to use any part of her arm to even move to get up. Yumi wraps her arms around Dixi, looping around her waist and being her strength to get up; she was very deliberate to avoid her arms for fear of accidentally aggravating the pain.

"Dixi, thank goodness; I had feared for you when you fell."  Her quiet voice laced with worry.  The worry growing more so when she looks over to the lake.  The battle has not concluded yet seeing how everyone is still vigilant as if expecting something to come out.  Yumi didn't shift from her position yet though she would not leave Dixi and Ix exposed to danger.

Uh oh.  It still isn't over yet?  Sierra takes a moment to step back several feet before she attaches another set of ropes to a hook before firing it at another tree, detaching the end to tie it around her waist.  Like before, this is to ensure that she doesn't find herself compel into the lake without getting restrained from doing so.  She loaded up her nozzle spray before turning towards the lake with a resigned sigh.  "I hope this is a false alarm."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Dixi groaned slightly before looking at Yumi with tender eyes. "I'm a mess aren't I? Always making you worry." She said with a weak smile before trying to get up again.

Xana looked at Alter and then at Zara. "If they don't come up soon, I'll jump after them. I'm counting on you to remove the corruption, mother." Alter let out a laugh. "Oh, yes, that's it, jump straight into the corrupted lake, such a brilliant idea."
Back to top Go down
X_Simply-Perfect_X

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm

"They are making their way back up." Zara responded plainly, without turning away from the lake to face Xana. Of course, she did not need to point out how foolish Xana's plan was, as it appeared that Alter had done that for her. She waited expectantly for the moment when the pair would emerge from the lake.

The bubbles from the lake began to build as Nimea and Gweniverre began to rise from the lake's depths. Jane held out a hand, and began to lower each finger as a countdown to when she expected the pair to break the surface.
"Everyone, prepare to shield you minds. Focus. We may be about to be hit by a sudden wave of telepathic force." Jane commanded, her own mind focused on the bubbles. Just a few more seconds. 3... 2... 1...

"Why are you apologising? Isn't this what you wanted?" Gweniverre asked, along with the feeling of concern. "Am I not what you desired? Am I... not good enough for you?" The conflict within her began to use this as a foothold. The feeling of being unsubstantial. Of not being worthy. These feelings were not ones that Gweniverre was accustomed to feeling. And that made them the perfect weapon for her inner self to use to attempt to break free from the poison within her. Gweniverre clutched at her head, looking pained.

As the pair breached the water's surface, a wave of psychic emotion crashed out from Gweniverre. This was unlike the Haze from before. The Haze had been a focused, near tangible force that pressed against the minds of everyone with the determined consistency of syrup. Perfectly uniform in its assault upon the mind. But this... this was a was more comparable to a force of nature. Rushing winds of emotion from all directions, and never from the same angle twice. An unstructured barrage on the minds of everyone, within a much larger radius than usual. It's raw power was undeniable, but there was no finesse to it, no purpose to it. One could not simply give in to it, to do so would not lead to servitude, but to madness. It was extremely chaotic, uncontrollable and persistant without purpose. It was the Storm. And like a storm, the only place that was safe was its eye.

Even Zara ever prepared as she was, could not stand up to the sheer force of the psychic storm that erupted before her. It forced her back from the edge of the lake, as she stumbled back a few paces. She grimaced. This would complicate matters some. She made sure to keep her eye on Dixi, to ensure their distance never exceeded the seal's range.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 pm

"No, I didn't mean it like that! I love you Gwen, I really do! I just don't want you to let corruption steer how you feel about me! I'm sorry!" Nimea noticed people who'd distanced themselves from the lake were starting to suffer from an unseen force. "Gwen calm down, please!"

Ferro felt a sharp pain pierce his mind from every angle and was barely able to stay upright as he tried his damndest to shield his mind.

Anika was not so sturdy, screaming her lungs out from the overwhelming sensory overload. She felt dizzy, nauseous, and like her skull was gonna burst.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Xana and Alter were pushed away, sinking their weapons on the ground to stop the push, they started to feel overwhelmed by the wild haze running wild. "The hell... Gah!" Xana started to lose her balance while Alter forced her way through the haze. "I knew... I should have stabbed you... When I had the chance... Damn spirit!"

Dixi started to feel the haze as well but it wasn't much compared to the pain she was actually feeling. "Ugh... What's going on... Yumi!" Her main preocupation was Yumi, she noticed the dancer suffering from the haze, if this didn't stop soon, something bad was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 4:41 pm

"Ghk!"

Shovel crashed to his knees, wincing from the unfamiliar sensation.

Barchiel, however, had his Bolter aimed at her, trying to stay focused. All he needed to do was...
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Yumi fell to her knees as she cries out in pain, thousands of pricks within her mind as the psionic storm hits her hard.  Her hands holding her head to no avail as the relentless assault totally catches her off guard.  Tears fall from her eyes, as she curls up on the floor writhing.

Sierra had prepared her mind for an incoming mental assault of great magnitude which caused her to still maintain coherence.  Unfortunately, even with her resistance, she felt her mind getting seared and jabbed several times over, her teeth grit as even her own defenses were being overwhelmed.  However, that moment was just enough that she was able to act in the meanwhile, almost in an outer body sense.

A...attune!

The psionic energy that assaulted her was within her; it gave her a unique advantage.  The make-up of the energy was starting to become familiar.  No thought was needed, just action.  Even then, it still was overwhelming but less so once her powers understand it.

Convert!

That same energy now is slowly starting to dissipate, it is still being poured into her faster than she can absorb and convert but the rate is increasing.  Soon it was down to a level that she wasn't in agony.  The downside is that the excess of energy being convert is causing her max capacity to be overloaded and still hurt Sierra.  It is still quite painful to bear but she is able to do something without being in a total state of pain.  She slowly pulls out the launcher from her belt, loading a set of tranquilizer darts, align her aim...
Back to top Go down
X_Simply-Perfect_X

X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Jane, despite thinking she was prepared for the assault upon her mind, was not prepared for the pure chaos that rained upon her. It took everything she had just to put up a physical front that made it appear that she was okay. Everyone else had enough to worry about without having to worry about her. She couldn't speak, for she feared if she opened her mouth all that would come out would be a scream. She couldn't move, for her muscles were so tensed up from the strain of not falling to her knees. She couldn't think, as it took all her will and mind to just remain sane in this onslaught.

Zara closed her eyes and began to concentrate. There was little she could do in this situation to help the others without being compromised, but the least she could do here was to protect herself. She focused, and began to shut herself entirely off from the world, letting only sight and sound remain. To the outside world, it appeared as if her entire figure drained of all colour, like a black and white photo, where the world around had been coloured in vibrantly. This wouldn't protect her for long, but perhaps she could sustain it long enough for this situation to be resolved.

Gweniverre's storm seemed to fluctuate at Nimea's words, at one point, it appeared as if perhaps the storm was going to die down, but then it rose up once more.
"Do you not accept my feelings? You think this is some falsehood? I thought, perhaps, you, of all people could understand me! Yet even you deny my feelings?!" Gweniverre responded, unstably. Something about her responses made it seem like she wasn't seeing things for how they were, as if something within her was intentionally forcing her to read the situation in the worst possible way. The conflict within continued, and was beginning to gain traction.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Anika was curled up on the ground screaming in pain as the storm continued, barely getting her bearings and a chance to prepare when the storm let up a little.

Ferro was also trying his damndest to secure his own well-being, unable to do anything for the others

"I'm not! Please Gwen, just... Just let me help you sort this out!" Nimea cried, pulling Gwen close and embracing her. "I love you, Gwen. If there's anything in the world I'd beg you to believe over everything else, its that!" Just like the rest, Nimea wasn't able to do much in this situation to remedy it, only to assure Gwen of her feelings.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 6:19 pm

It was difficult. Excruciatingly so. But slowly, shakily, Shovel Knight stood up. And following in his footsteps was a certain space marine.

"THIS...NOISE...CANNOT DEFEAT ME!!!!" With a roar, Barchiel began trying to stomp towards Gweniverre, anger raging. Meanwhile, the cerulean crusader reached into his pouch and dug out his trusty War Horn. With a deep breath, he placed it to his helmet and....

"DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!"

A loud noise erupted from it, heading towards Gwen in an attempt to disrupt the psychic shriek.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 10:39 am

Dixi hold tight to Yumi, her face filled with concern. "Yumi, c'mon, Yumi!"

Meanwhile Xana was focusing all her strength to not lose her balance, using her lance as support while Alter kept aproaching slowly at the duo on the lake, a murderous look on her face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lake of Legends DLC   Lake of Legends DLC - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lake of Legends DLC
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next