A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Theory Crafting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Theory Crafting   Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Sierra is at home today taking the weekend off. Usually occasionally she visits Sanctuary and for a visit as well as delivering some meals over to the folks over there while learning about new things, today is not one of those days. It is not that she didn't enjoy going over there, but sometime she just wants a bit of relaxation at home. Strangely, she isn't working on any of her personal projects either, her usual routine. Instead she is reading a hard copy of a fan-fiction that she got addicted to recently. Next to her is Spring Rose in her tiny form with a tinier pencil and a crossword puzzle. How, one can make a pencil and puzzle book that small is a mystery though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:36 pm

Jane flipped through her book. Was this the correct house? It certainly matched the description she'd been given. And the address seemed to be correct, when she compared it to the on in her book. Of course, there was a possibility that Sierra had moved since her time in Daraku. But, with Daraku disbanded, it wasn't too much of a risk to assume that she had not. After all, it was not as if she had wronged anyone in particular, from what Jane had heard of the fight. She certainly wouldn't be the first person they'd target.

She approached the door, and used the knocker. She hoped that Sierra was in, but there was always a possibility that she'd just missed her. She'd come from Sanctuary, so she expected that, if Sierra had been headed her way, she would have run into her on the way. That is, of course, assuming that she had the correct address. Only time would tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Sierra heard the knock on her door. Hmm? She isn't expecting any company today. Looking at the door, she gets up from the sofa and heads towards a panel near the door The sound also drew Spring Rose's attention as well whom floats off of the table, leaving the crossword book and pencil behind as she trails behind.

Sierra takes a moment to look press a button on the panel and look at the screen above it connected to the camera outside and find, to her surprise, that Jane was outside. She recall that she did give the address to the group that they are free to visit if they need anything. She does wonder why she dropped by though. It is not that she is worried about her having ill-intent but she is a bit concern if there is a matter at hand. Sierra hopes that she is worried for nothing.

After turning off the panel, she moves towards the door, unlatching the locks before opening the door before greeting her. "Hello, Jane." She greeting Jane with a friendly smile. Behind her Spring Rose peeks behind Sierra briefly before recognizing and waving enthusiastically to Jane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 am

Jane smiled at Sierra.
"Hello, Sierra." Jane responded, giving a nod towards the always enthusiastic Spring Rose. "I have a favour to ask of you." She added, as she began to flip through the pages of her notebook without looking at the pages. "If you aren't too busy, I could use your help in designing a new weapon for myself. I believe that my pen may not be the most suitable weapon for myself, especially given my recent battle experience." Jane explained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:47 pm

Sierra gave a brief glance over at Jane's notebook as she flips through it but decides to not look closer into it before she listens to her request if a weapon. Her mind drifted to rare instances where she have been in battle and she mostly created distraction and disruption to enemies rather than attacking directly. Something must have required her to act directly which she found her means inadequate.

"Of course. Though please come in and I can get something to drink while while speak on it. Do you have any preference of beverages?" She opens the door wider and steps back to allow Jane into her house. Past the entrance is a fairly large living room with a pair of light tan leather sofas, one short and the other long, forming a semicircle around a white marble square table with a sculpture of a queen cheese piece on top for decoration. The walls are decorated in paintings and pictures of different objects and subjects but more emphasis on shapes and objects rather than people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Jane entered into the home, and glanced around.
"Coffee, if you do not mind." Jane responded. "Black with two sugars." As she entered, she looked around for any signs of where Sierra commonly sat. She noticed a book beside one of the sofas, along with a miniture crossword puzzle and pencil a short distance from it, and chose to sit on the other one. It was rather clear where they had been sitting previously, and she did not wish to impose. Her eyes idly moved around the room, soaking in the various ornaments and decorations in the room, until her eyes finally settled on the floating Spring Rose.

"And how are you doing?" She asked quietly to Spring Rose. It was nearly impossible to not let out a smile in her presence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

"Sure, please make yourself at home." She closes the door to her house before latching the door locked before she makes her way into the kitchen while being mindful of how she wants her coffee. She doesn't drink coffee much herself but does have some in the case that she needs a caffeine awakening or she has guests that drinks coffee, like now. She pours in some ground coffee bean into a rather modern machine as a boiling noise is heard while she fetches sugar for Jane. Admittedly her coffee is only slightly above average and not to the level of her cooking though as coffee isn't part of her repertoire of things she makes often.

In the living room, Spring Rose tilts her head as she is address before she floats down to pick up the crossword puzzle and shows it to Jane. The tiny size does make it hard to read but it looks like she is able to complete 75% of the current page and her progress is a quarter of the book. Then the doll hugs Jane happily...well her shoulder army due to the size different but the gesture of the affectionate doll is the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 am

Jane raised an eyebrow, adjusting her glasses, at the crossword puzzle, noting that she has probably finished all the crosswords before it. It appeared that the intelligence of the doll had continued to rise since their last encounter. It was a rather interesting phenomenon. Perhaps an interesting topic of conversation to raise to Sierra, at some point. She made a quick note in her book.

Though she had not expected the hug after it. She gently patted Spring Rose on the head, and placed her book back into her pocket. She then sat patiently, awaiting Sierra's return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:04 am

Spring Rose nuzzles the hand petting her for a moment like a child getting head pats (which is what is happening in a sense though when the hand drifts away, she looks like she wanted to reach for the departing hand for a bit before noticing that Sierra was returning to the living room before floating back up.

"Black coffee with 2 sugar, I hope I got it right. Coffee isn't part of the list of things I do culinary wise" Sierra has returned with a tray holding a mug of black coffee for Jane and a mug of carbonated water for herself. She sets the tray onto the table before handing the mug to Jane indicating the mug is safe to handle before she takes the water for herself. "So do you have any details on how the weapon would be like?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Jane smiled, and nodded a thanks to Sierra as she took the mug, taking a sip. It certainly wasn't the finest coffee she'd ever had, but that wasn't really all that important to her. It had still been made just how she liked it. And it was nice to go back to basics, after the various exotic coffee beans she'd been trying out. This was a nice palate cleanser. She placed the mug down on the table and pulled out her book.

"I have been thinking about my general role in combat, and it occurs to me that, between running around the battlefield to give advice and medical treatment, and creating distractions in order to subvert the enemy's plans, I have been vastly under-utilizing my chemical capabilities." Jane explained, as she pulled out a couple of vials of liquid. "These are capable of weakening an opponent's resistance to attacks, of both varieties. Yet, to apply them, I have to get close to the enemy, and that puts me at a strategic disadvantage, as I cannot observe and advise from there, nor am I particularly skilled at close combat." Jane added.

She opened up her book at a page that began to fill with drawings of what appeared to be an injector capable of holding a variety of vials. Pictured next to it were some general designs for a mechanism to fire the injectors. "I'm having some difficulty coming up with an efficient use of resources. I do not wish to waste the injectors, but I am unable to think of any better way to apply these chemicals than through them. Additionally, it would be useful to have something that allows me to defend myself, if required, long enough for backup to arrive, or for the opportunity of escape to present itself."

"Then, I thought of your weapon of choice, and your experience with designing them, and thought that, perhaps, you may have some insight into this." Jane remarked, keeping hold of her book, but allowing Sierra to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:41 am

Sierra leans over towards the book to check out all out the schematics that Jane has, not taking the book as Jane is holding it in an angle for her to look over but not take. It looks like one of the medical injectors that she has seen but not studied, mostly to administer medications and drugs, though Jane's version seems more geared towards offensive purposes though she can see how that would be problematic to Jane, who is by her own admission, lacking in close combat capabilities. She looks over how the other mechanics Jane has designed and find that it can be tweaked to work though the amount of moving part would make it a bit of hassle to maintain. It was then that she already had an idea for Jane.

"The weapon I prototype for my current weapon a pneumatic style crossbow, calling it loosely that rather, that uses air to project ammunition and it can technically launch anything from bearing, arrows, bolts, and darts, though you have to hot swap its launch compartment. The darts that you can use are simple to make, requires few parts to put together, and are very cheap to make. How it will inject through its payload is how the parts are put together, using the very impact on the target to push the chemical into the target. As for personal defense, load up some darts with anesthetic drugs.
Simple and effective is the main appeal to this weapon, not exactly high tech though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:16 am

Jane nodded.
"Ideally, I do not want something that is too high tech. It is more difficult to maintain in the field, if something were to go wrong." Jane commented. "And I'm not looking for lethality to come from the injectors themselves. In fact, ideally, I would like to minimize damage dealt by the injectors, to enable them to be used on allies, if you think that would be a reasonable ask."

Jane considered the posibility of using an air based launcher. It would certainly solve the problem of heating the chemicals as part of the firing mechanism, and potentially altering the effects. And it had the advantage of potentially being calibrated by increasing the airflow, to fire it further. She also seemed impressed by the idea of using anesthetic in her shots, something that she almost always had on her anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:53 pm

"Well for that, you can use a manual mode that loads the contents and injects them into allies directly through contact since it is more difficult to use darts to do so but sometimes that is not an option so while the dart may sting a little, it shouldn't harm anyone. I think a cross between your injector and my pneumatic crossbow would work. The main thing I need is one of the injectors or at least the schematic so I can reverse engineer it and plan a design to incorporate both elements of both tools into this."

She smiles. "So an air pressure powered injector that can also launch chemically loaded darts with a manual mode to administer to allies safety. Easy to make, maintain, and modify without losing much effectiveness despite being mechanically based. Once I finish making it, I can give you the blueprint of the new design so you can maintain and improve it to your wish as well. That sounds good?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 am

Jane smiled briefly.
"That would be ideal, if it is not too much trouble to ask, Sierra." Jane confirmed. "Regarding the injectors..." Jane focused on her book momentarily, allowing the blueprints to appear, before tearing the page out, and holding it out to Sierra to take. "... here is a copy of the blueprints. I do not currently have the injectors on me at this time, but should you require it, I can go collect one. I understand that, for the purposes of testing, once a prototype has been engineered, it will be required, but is this enough to work with for the moment?" Jane asked. "And is there any assistance I can provide? Even if it is an unrelated matter, as payment or thanks for this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:09 am

Sierra takes the blueprint and starts glossing over the schematics and how it is assembled together. The mechanics for the injector seems a bit off of her normal specialty of what usage her tools usually are on but it is not too far out there that she wasn't going to be able to emulate the design and add the modification to support pneumatic firing. There was one issue though...

"Do you know of a good location to order parts for medical devices? Medical injectors parts are usually not part of the materials that I have stored within my workshop. Preferably cost efficient one since I am kind of on a budget since I have to look for another part time or intern since Daraku is no more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X_Simply-Perfect_X

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   Yesterday at 4:55 pm

Jane shook her head.
"I do not want for you to be out of pocket for this. I am more than happy to provide you with funding for any materials or equipment that you require." Jane commented. "The medical parts shall not be a problem to acquire." Jane nodded, as she began to write a note into her notebook. "Is there anything else you will require? Please, do not hold back on your requests. You are, after all, doing me a rather large favour by building this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory Crafting   

Back to top Go down

Theory Crafting
Page 1 of 1