Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"

Go down 
+21
Professor Tree
Yuna
Removed
Dataslycer
Awesome_Dante
BurningVulcan
lelno
PieForPi
Cody9
Shakewell
BR0K3NH41KU
SoloWingPixy
CrimsonTercel
ddking
MistaJoestar
Mardion
anon64
NeoGeno450
Daistar
forest Assasin
Mkmd13
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" Empty
PostSubject: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 am

Since the inception of this forum, I've seen games come and go with promises that it will be a game made specifically for this forum. I was always excited to hear someone working on a game and then when the project gets abandoned, it makes me sad. So I've decided, since the only person that can control this is myself, why don't I just make the game?

Sure, I got the programming knowledge and the resources to do it (RPG Maker), but the only thing holding me back is my lack of art skills (I can't even draw a stick figure right). I'm going to throw my hat in the ring then and start working on a game specifically for this forum, but I'm going to need some help. If you or if you know anyone that would like to either work with me or submit artwork for this game, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm planning for this game to be completely free and available on this forum, but if it starts to get big enough and a lot of people enjoy it, then I may even start selling it on DLsite (But I HIGHLY doubt that will happen lol). If that happens, I will compensate all the artists that helped out with the project, but that is only IF I try to make money off of it. Again, I don't think I will.

I want to see how much traction I can get and see how many people here are on board with this so I'm not wasting my time if no one really cares. Let me know what you guys think!

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/Mkmd13

Last edited by Mkmd13 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

I'm very interested on it,but sadly i'm not good at drawing digital , i feel like my studies of graphic design where in vain

Daistar

Daistar

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 am

I'd be down to help, I'm not as good at art as I'd like to be but I can help draw special effects and I have plenty of ideas on how to make games. I can work best with pixel art especially if I have a template to work from, but I'm learning and trying to get better at art. I always wanted to work on a game (or even a minigame) catering specifically to niche interests such as what we see on this forum, too! Count me in if you need a hand with anything.
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 am

Honestly? Yeah, I'd say we should get together for a project like this. We can even use some of the RP creations(highly voting for LipsInfinity and Crimson Tercel's gals. X3) in there.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 pm

I can't draw sadly but I'm more than happy to write scenes, enemies and attacks for the game

I actually have quite a bit of (non forum) experience with RPG design through helping some friends with their projects
Back to top Go down
Mardion

Mardion

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 7:38 am

Great idea mkmd! I definitely can't draw, but I could create images from 3D models that can be used in a game.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 am

Thanks guys for the support. Any kind of help is greatly appreciated. I think once we get one person who can do the art for the game, then I will seriously start to work on this. Again, if any of you guys know an artist that would be willing to work on something like this, please let them know.

MistaJoestar

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 5:04 am

What would you be looking for in terms of art? (Battle Sprites, Scene CG <-- This kind of stuff?)

"Go Ahead, MistaJoestar!"
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 11:41 am

MistaJoestar wrote:
What would you be looking for in terms of art? (Battle Sprites, Scene CG <-- This kind of stuff?)

I'm looking for artwork of the enemies and artwork for the game over scenes when the hero loses. I'm talking with Mardion right now about possible animations for the enemies if we can both figure out how to make it work in RPG Maker.

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 8:59 am

Idk if it's possible MKMD cos I'm not sure how sub forums work in forumotion but it might be a shout if it's doable to make a sub forum section in original content for this game, with threads for general brainstorming, art, plot, enemies and Mechanics etc?
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 2:16 am

Big news for the game!!!

I have collaborated with 猫神の仮面 to get this game started! We are still in the stage of discussion right now and a topic came up on what we would like to call this game. He gave suggestions of "Upon Her Lips" after the forum and "Midara" after the name we call our characters here. I'm not sure about calling it "Upon Her Lips" since there was already another game created using that name and I don't want to step on their toes.

We will be using both Ci-en and Patreon to update the progress on the game. The Ci-en will reach the Japanese audience and Patreon will reach the English speaking audience. I will be in charge of the Patreon, but I will not charge for demo releases. I will though create an option for donations if you wish to donate towards the game, but it is entirely optional.

Since we are thinking of the name right now, I wanted to ask for your opinions! What would you like the game to be called?

Also, since this game will be released on DLsite, the finished product will have a price. I hope this doesn't turn anyone away from our game.

anon64 wrote:
Idk if it's possible MKMD cos I'm not sure how sub forums work in forumotion but it might be a shout if it's doable to make a sub forum section in original content for this game, with threads for general brainstorming, art, plot, enemies and Mechanics etc?

I think that can be possible. I will have to set something up in the near future.

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 9:47 am

How about a mix? "Upon the Midara's Lips"? Speaking of midara, will the ones we've created that aren't copyrighted characters be used? I certainly hope mine and lipsinfinity's creations get used. X3
Back to top Go down
ddking

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 10:33 am

umm What engine do wanna use i give software needed for building the aswell the art if necessery
Back to top Go down
CrimsonTercel

CrimsonTercel

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm afraid I have no experience in making games, but I'm solid with grammar and storytelling I think.

As for a name of the game, I think we should really just establish a list of candidates and edit it through development. I doubt an appropriate name will come to us for a game we have only just conceived of. But for a generic title to give this project, I'm gonna spitball a few here:

- Legion of Midara
- Torrent of Kisses
- Realm of Midara
- Legion with Lipstick
- Square Up, Pucker Up
- Fatal Affection

(I could keep a list of titles running on this thread if nobody has an objection to it)
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 pm

"Square Up, Pucker Up"
YES. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 pm

NeoGeno450 wrote:
"Square Up, Pucker Up"
YES. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT.

Gonna have to agree on this one, that name's pretty darn great Razz

Also, I wouldn't worry about the roster of enemies. In my opinion, we have more than enough across the forum that are original creations (or at least original enough), even if any new enemies aren't added in.

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 3:41 am

Only thing with regards to name and in game terminology is that if I'm not wrong mirara was first used on this forum in Shakewells old RPGs, might be better to use something else just to avoid stepping on any toes
Back to top Go down
CrimsonTercel

CrimsonTercel

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 am

We could mention that in the opening credits of the game I suppose. Still use the term Midara and credit Shakewell for it. Y'know, step on toes with pillow shoes
Back to top Go down
BR0K3NH41KU

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 8:54 pm

CrimsonTercel wrote:
As for a name of the game, I think we should really just establish a list of candidates and edit it through development.

- Legion of Midara
- Realm of Midara
- Fatal Affection

My personal favorites, so far.
Back to top Go down
Shakewell

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Hihi,

I pulled Midara from all the BF games out there. Never knew what it meant, never knew if it was the product of machine translation. It was just a convenient word to use at the time. I claim no ownership of the term whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Well there we have it!
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:47 am

Ah okay shake, just wanted to be sure before we commited to a title

Great to see you back in the forum btw
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am

Patreon has been set up!

www.patreon.com/Mkmd13

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 am

So what have you all managed so far?
Back to top Go down
Cody9

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" EmptyWed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 am

Great! I can't wait to see future updates! My english isn't very good but i will try to contribute with ideas for the game if i can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" Empty

Back to top Go down

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next