Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Chained Memory

Go down 
+2
SoloWingPixy
BurningVulcan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Day 1: Passing through the Forest

It had been an hour. Surprisingly, the girl barely moved from the barren waste that was the crater she found herself in. It appeared that all she did was move in circles, as evidenced by the expanding spiral of dusty footprints. She walked and walked, thinking over every little thing she spotted.

This was a forest, that much she knew. A forest that, up until a few minutes ago was burning. Luckily the flames didn't spread far, as a timely rain washed over any potential danger. The cold droplets washed against her skin and she couldn't help but shudder. But of course that would happen without wearing anything...

Her eyes opened wide as she was struck with that sudden realization, one that should have occurred long ago. No wonder it was this cold. But her mind-bending revelation was interrupted. She heard something: a pair of footsteps, slowly approaching....

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 3:44 pm

A dark-haired woman emerged from the trees and gazed upon her. "Are you okay?" She seemed casual in her approach, as if there was nothing out of the ordinary here. Even beyond that, she seemed genuinely concerned for the bare-skinned woman, despite having never met up till now.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm

The blonde turned around, realizing a few seconds too late that she was called upon.

"Okay?" she said, meekly covering herself with her hands. Words took a while to form as well.

"Yes... I am." she spoke through chattering of teeth. "Cold."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 4:31 pm

"Here, com with me. I'll get you set up with some clothes," she ushered. With a weave of her finger, a red rune appeared in front of the woman before her body started to warm up. "That oughta do for now."

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 12:49 pm

The girl's eyes grew wide with fascination as the crimson manifestation appeared in front of her. A sudden influx of warmth permeated her being. A genuine smile formed on her face. There was no trace of suspicion or fear; it was as familiar to her as everything.

About the woman, she was not sure. But good deeds must be answered in kind, that is what she had to do; it was only natural. The gold-haired maiden felt even warmer, and it was not from the rune. This small act seemed to spark something inside her. She remembered! The sensation of gratitude, the gesture to show appreciation.

"Thank you." she said, kneeling gracefully before the benefactor, palms opened towards her as if touching an invisible wall.

After a few moments of silence the blonde rose, ready to follow the mysterious woman.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 12:57 pm

"Oh, it was nothing. Here let's head to my home, I'll set you up with some clothes!" She led her into the forest, where reality seemed to shake for a moment before giving way to an immense environment of homes within trees, lakes and ponds, a patch of hot desert and even a snow-capped biome in the distance. The inside of the forest was a patchwork of nature, with Midara of many a different variety residing within each.
"Stay close to me now, don't want to get left behind," she instructed gently. As they progressed further in, all light from the moon seemed to disappear, the path ahead lit up by luminescent moss and mushrooms growing around and on the surrounding trees. A bit further in and a small house came into sight, where the witch walked towards the door and opened it up, waiting for the golden-haired woman to enter.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 1:24 pm

It's bigger on the inside!

Her eyes moved in every direction possible, admiring the wondrous landscapes, occasionally letting out small, joyous cries. Like a child, she darted around the woman as if trying hard not to chase the beautiful lights, but always kept behind her with surprising diligence.

Then it was time to step inside the house. As much as she'd love standing around and looking at everything, the last thing she wanted to do was offend her benefactor.

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 2:10 pm

She smiled as the woman should around like a child full of wonder. "So excited! Well, let me grab you some clothes real quick, stay here." She headed towards a hallway that was definitely too long to belong to the small house she saw from outside.
During the wait, there were small pounding and knocking sounds from below and a few voices here and there. Otherwise it was overall quiet and peaceful. Across from her on the table we're several oddities, such as a small, ornate smoking pipe, a pen-like object, and a number of crystals, herbs, and sheets with runes drawn out.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm

And there she stood, not moving a single inch, her gaze fixated on the strange objects in the room.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 3:27 pm

She soon came back with a dark purple sundress and a pair of black khakis. "Sorry, most of my own clothes are filthy and these were the only colors left." She handed them off to her and seated herself at the table. "So, who are you?"

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:05 pm

The girl tried her best to be as quick as possible and clumsily put the clothes on. They fit her rather nicely, with a little extra space of comfort. Finally the veil of embarrassment was lifted off of her, or rather, a veil was placed over it.

Who was she? Why of course she was...

It happened again: the sudden, sharp pain that made her whole body recoil.  Countless fragments streamed into her mind, forming and fracturing. How could she not remember her name?

"I am..." the words did not come out.

This had to stop. Again she was losing herself. How could she behave like such a laggard, especially to one as kind as her benefactor? The woman who recognized her gesture and never asked anything in return; she was even given lagniappe in the form of beautiful wardrobe. How, after that, could she not find it in herself to answer a simple question?

Stop lagging behind! Focus!

The girl's face contorted into a figure of frustration and disappointment. Resigned to her futility to serve her end of the custom, she calmed down and gave an answer.

"I can't... I can't remember." she said in a low voice. "I am very sorry, my Lady..."

She did not know the name of the stranger. But since she failed so miserably to give her own, perhaps she did not deserve it.

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyMon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 pm

"Are you okay?!" She rushed to her side and held her close, rubbing her back for comfort. "Please, I'm no one's "Lady", you can just call me by name. I'm Adrianna, and it's fine if you can't remember your name. I'm sure it will come back to you, and, if you'd like, I can even help you."

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 am

"H-help me?" she was getting all flustered.

The way she was being held... she could feel the Lady's, no, Adrianna's concern. This feeling... now this was something new. And she was to be helped again in spite of her failure? The girl was sure she remembered how acts like this worked; favors are always meant to be repaid.

"But... I haven't paid you back."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 9:03 am

"You don't have to pay me back," she assured her. "I want to help you, no ifs, ands, or buts about it." Needless to say, it was a bit concerning how much she went on about repaying.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 am

How strange... was she not remembering right? In any case, now it would appear that not accepting the help would offend Adrianna more.

"I see." she said, her smile returning. "Go on ahead, my L... Adrianna."

The more she talked with the witch, the better her usage of words became; like waking up from a long slumber, bit by bit. She surely must have been from around; after all, they spoke the same language.

"And thank you again."

The girl stood up and knelt once more before Adrianna, this time foregoing the hand gesture.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 am

"Alright, alright, get up," she replied with a smile. "First, I'll need you to down a sleeping potion. Diving into one's mind is easier when they're asleep." She went off and brought back a maroon-colored condition in a small clear vial.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 11:51 am

A sleeping potion... she faintly recalled the sensation. It was pleasant, soothing, drove the sadness away. With a nod, she downed the bottle as instructed. Slowly, perhaps slower than it was liked, the golden-haired girl fell asleep with her head resting on the table.

Passive Discovered!

Event Unlocked: Unsealing the Five Locks

Adrianna can attempt to break the seals on ???'s memory. This can only be done once a day, lest ??? suffers the painful feedback of the locks.
- Unsealing the First Lock: two rolls are required, either one can be even or above 50 to succeed

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 11:55 am

Adrianna sat beside her and Pat her head. "You're doing a brave thing..." She slapped her hands together and rubbed them up, a violet statics charging between them before laying them on the golden-haired head of the girl.
(80)
And with her first step in, she found five locks sealing away the girl's mind. "Locks? This isn't simple amnesia then..." She raised a hand to one of the locks and busted it open with ease.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 2:03 pm

The girl turned in her agitated sleep as the First Lock's seal fell to the witch's power. A memory was made real for all to see.

A grand hallway, pristine and polished to a sheen. In the middle of it, a man stood next to an empty, bronze pedestal. He wore an elegant white coat with golden threads sewn into it. He appeared to be almost in his middle ages, with his hair still maintaining it's natural auburn color along with a short beard and mustache.

He was facing the entrance, expecting someone... And there she was, the beautiful maiden with hair of gold; looking not one bit different than her sleeping self except for her clothing, which was identical to the man's.  She held a golden, ornate vase. Very careful not to drop it, she ran over to the man with the tense expression.

"There!" she put the vase on the pedestal. "See? Stella fixed it!

The girl's cheerful smile was cut short by his still uneasy figure. "Did you properly thank her?"

"I..." her gaze fell downwards. "I forgot."

The man's face twisted with anger, if only for a moment.  She dared not look upon his visage.

"How many times must I tell you?" he raised her chin up. "We kneel and show our hands to those that do us good to signify that our hands are theirs to use. Every favor must be repaid. Now go back to her and do it properly this time."

"Yes, father." she said with joy gone from her voice.

"You would do well to honor your name. Yours is the name that binds you, and binds others to you. Do not ever forget the meaning and power of your name..."

A golden light washed over the image, cutting the memory short. It would appear that was the end for what was held behind the First Lock. Adrianna felt the girl burning up, as she looked upon her pained expression. It would appear that unsealing the Locks put a heavy strain on her and should the process continue now, the pain would only multiply in intensity. It was up to the witch to decide on that.

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 pm

"Her father...what a prick!" she immediately grumbled, before taking notice of her pain. "If I weave a a quick spell...." She waved her fingers through the air and cast a spell to numb her pain and keep her comfortable. "There... Let's see..."
After confirming she was comfortable again, she moved to break the next lock.

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:49 pm

- Unsealing the Second Lock: two rolls are required, either one can be even or above 75 to succeed, but not below 15.

Much to Adrianna's surprise, she found that this wizard's power was no small feat, certainly not something a quick spell could solve. Yet by the time she noticed, she had already tried her hand at unsealing the Second Lock.

(64, 31)

However, this Lock would prove trickier than the First. Before she could decipher it, the feedback that was supposed to be silenced sprung forth once again, sending a jolt of concentrated pain through the blonde's body. The witch stepped back, attempting to ease her pain, but that's when it happened...

The second feedback combined with the first, multiplying in power and magnitude. It was then that the girl woke up screaming, blood dripping across her lips. She could not last long. In a few seconds, her senses left her as she fell to the ground. Barely breathing, yet still alive.

It was short-lived, but in those brief moments she felt the pain of consequence once more, the consequence of an action beyond her control... But wasn't it always like that?

Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyTue Nov 20, 2018 3:53 pm

"Oh God!!" Adri left her mind and immediately made to kill her pain and heal whatever damage she'd taken. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you!" She held her close as she sews her healing magic into her body.
She continued to treat her until she was certain she was healthy again. "Here, let's get you to a bed..." She helped the golden-haired girl towards the hall as a new door appeared, allowing her a bedroom of her own. The room took the form a white polished appearance, with not but a single black bed. "What is..." She looked down upon the girl before laying her jn bed and pulling the covers over her.

Day 2
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Day 2: Sanctuary; Peaceful Sleep

Adrianna had taken some time to think things over in regards to her newest guest, but had just barely managed about five hours of sleep the night prior. Waking up, she took to prepping coffee with a coffee maker in her bedroom before fully waking up.

Last edited by Reploid7 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 2:45 am

Why? Why did this happen to me?

She lied in the single black bed surrounded by endless white, her eyes open wide, staring at the ceiling. The witch came to check on her periodically. She dreaded to think what would happen if the dark-haired woman found her awake, or that she was pretending to be asleep.
But it was not entirely so. For a few hours, she was finally disconnected from the world of the waking. A peaceful sleep to numb the pain.

Father... where are you?

Memories, they flooded back in the shape of dreams. She was sure of it, those were her memories. But how could one forget such things? It seemed impossible. There she saw him again, insisting on her learning the proper conduit of gratitude, a sudden sense of longing overcoming her.

This magical place that seemed so welcoming now felt like a prison. She knew nothing about the people here, and that woman... Why? Her presence used to feel so warm, so welcoming. Father always told her that kindness should never be taken for granted... and maybe he was right.

The girl snapped out of her thought at the sound of creaking wood. Someone was coming. It was already morning, she could not fake sleep anymore. Quickly, she wiped the tears off her face and prepared for what was about to happen.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory EmptyFri Nov 23, 2018 3:26 am

Ix did just woke up, as every morning she washed her face and fixed her hair before starting to head down the hallway towards the kitchen "I wonder what should I make for breakfast, hmm..." She was immersed on her thoughts when something got her attention, there was a new room "Oh? We have a new resident?" She stopped in front of the door and knocked gently "Hello?" She asked softly, she was wondering what kind of person the new resident was.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Chained Memory Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chained Memory   A Chained Memory Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chained Memory
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next