A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Consumer of All

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

The Consumer of All - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 9:11 am

The library seemed more modern than the scientists imagined they would see in this part of the world. In fact that was one of the things that puzzled them the most: how could this land be both ancient and still have technologically advanced places at the same time? Sadly there were more pressing questions to be asked at the moment.

Sierra and Lynn were sitting across a small table in one of the library's private study rooms, while Adam was watching the entrance for anyone coming in. "Okay, first things first." she started. "Me and Adam, we are not from around here; and I'm not talking a different city or something like that. We come from a far away continent called Westland... yeah, pretty dumb name, I know." Lynn paused for a moment. "The man that chased you... he is from there as well. In fact, we... came with him."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 am

If the two were expecting a shock looked from Sierra of their origins, they would be sorely disappointed as Sierra just simply nods as if acknowledging something that isn't out of the ordinary. What did pique her attention though is that they came along with the one that hunted her yet they, or at least Lynn, doesn't seem to like him. It also threw in another bit of information of these two. If they were actually suppose to be helping him, this is probably the worst way to do it be admitting they are the same group so that gives Sierra a bit of an indication of their desire.

"I suspected as much. They are many individuals that are essentially out-tech me and most of those are much older than I am. Tranquilizer gun, heat signature, grappling hook probably more efficient than mine...and." Sierra frowns. "Whatever that he was doing that was choking me...now wait that seems more the other one, he refers as Black" Apparently she recovered from the mental trauma if that surprisingly quickly to the point that she was to analyze the energy signature that was going on in the previous struggle. She did had some time to cycle through her thought on route to the library though.

"And you two..." She didn't change her gaze at all or her posture but she was doing a quick analysis of them. "You both seem like scientists or at least some PhD related field. Judging from the fact that you are telling me this, instead of helping him, seems you have bad history and are forced to be here with him. Did her coerce you or something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 11:49 am

"No, he did not." Lynn placed her palms on her forehead. "We... I wanted this." her voice was so quiet Sierra could barely hear it.

"Lynn..." Adam called out as he saw her begin to break down.

"I'm fine." she answered, before turning to Sierra again. "Sorry about that..." The topic was heavy. Even after that much has passed, she still could not talk about it without feeling a sharp pain in her chest. "Seems you know more about our agent than we do, or at least how he operates. Can't say we meet up often, considering our fields of expertise, so my knowledge on him is limited."

Lynn cleared her throat. "We are under the employment of very powerful people, those that have influence beyond our imagination. Our existence itself and what we do is classified information... and in case things go wrong and secrets spill out, he is there to make sure they don't spread too far. He is their top agent, the eliminator who has never failed a mission and a member of the Mist Unit. They call him Red Mist."

"I heard people say he talks to himself a bunch." Adam chimed in. "All the time mentioning someone by the name of 'Black'."

"Other than that, we don't know why he does half the things he does." she added. "People don't usually have a 'history' with the guy." A nervous chuckle escaped her. "You can say we are the first."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Sierra pauses. Despite what went on and is going on, Sierra isn't that heartless to press Lynn more when she is like this. Of course this does raise a few more question in regards to Lynn if she is her voluntarily and whatever Lynn is here for, it seems to be something personal. She will wait for Lynn to move on or if things get urgent.

"Perhaps we do but it may be worth that I kind of predate that. Apparently I...I recall memories of him...and him killing someone that I was accompanying with when I was very young. Main thing I recall was him able to collapse buildings with something" Sierra presses 2 finger to the bridge of her nose as she closes her eyes. She still only has some recalling of the event long ago but not full. "...seeing him awoken a part of my memory that is long ago...it's still fuzzy." She sighs, she is going to have to let that come more naturally when she is in a more relaxed state or even meditative state.

Then Sierra drops this bit of a bombshell. "And he...they are going to be back for me soon. 'Regrettably, you are not top priority, not yet.' Our path is going to inevitably cross again and I have to prepare. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 2:38 pm

"You have... memories of him?" Lynn raised her eyebrows. "And now he went out of his way to tell you he is coming back..." the woman struck a thinking pose. "I imagine he is not called an eliminator for letting his targets live, but then again we are not his targets; not yet."

"He's after that slime you encountered." said Adam, dropping some of the carefree front he had been putting up. "That is his top priority."

"Wait, didn't you say he wanted to bring you back where you belong?" Everything started to make sense now. This girl's reaction to them, her encounter with Red Mist, it was the same as them. "You're a fugitive as well, aren't you? But why would he want to capture you? Just who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 4:07 pm

"That slime...that was the weirdest thing that happened so far. It was trying to drain my life...except when I lost control of my life, I also lost control of my power and ended up draining it as well. Not sure if it is fear or frustration but it darted off after. Then he came into the picture and the rest is history" She doesn't sighs as she seems a bit bitter with getting chain targeted.

"Am someone that just wants to be a simple artisan but is being dragged into something she doesn't want to. Although he seems to have classified me...or this organization has. Does A-32 ring any bells for either of you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Lynn jumped out of her seat, her mouth agape. "You're an object!?"

Adam rushed to his colleague's side, trying to calm her down. "No way, that's gotta be a mistake. A human object? That's not possible, right?"

"Oh no, it is very much possible." the scientist reached inside her coat, her hand gripping an unseen weapon. It was shaking, along with her whole body. "No... what the fuck is wrong with me?" she pulled back empty-handed, looking at Sierra with an expression full of regret. "I'm sorry... experimental objects are usually harmful... and I just... it was pure instinct."

Stupid idiot. Why would you do that? It was clear the girl did not mean any harm, yet they both freak out at the slightest mention of a letter and two numbers. Is that what their life had been reduced to?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 12, 2019 6:16 pm

"Welcome to the growing club." Sierra doesn't look happy from the reaction and being called an object and is a rather good indication that she is going to be expecting this a lot from new people from the Westland. The only reason why the crafter isn't just going to leave these two high and dry is the regret that follows right afterwards. Both of them can tell that Sierra is very tense after Lynn was about to draw the weapon and a Sierra that is tense and is not a good thing. Fortunately things calms down afterward but Sierra didn't fully relax.

"That may have been the case in the past but I have been improving on my control of my abilities. In normal circumstances, I have full facilities so you aren't in any danger around me, and even if you were, I would warned you about it." She reminds Lynn of the instance on the roof that she refuses taking her hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 2:46 am

"Oh god... I'm not used to dealing with human objects... I'm so horrible." Making this girl feel so uneasy was not the intention. "I should have checked on your file first... I'm so sorry." Lynn felt like the worst person in the world right now. No wonder only the best were selected to deal with human objects. "Adam, if you will."

The man pulled what appeared to be a flat device out of his pocket. It emitted a soft light towards him, likely coming from a screen. He tapped it a few times and began reading from it. "A-32..." his eyes darted from left to right. "The picture of a red sky." he squinted at Sierra. "You're not a picture... are you?"

Now the two were really interested as to why this normal-looking girl was classified as an object. Although Lynn wanted nothing more than to leave her alone, she still felt a sense of duty when it came to these things, even after deserting. One could never be too sure around an experimental object.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 am

"A picture of a red sky it sounds like it has more to symbolize something of allude to something. Not sur why they didn't use a battery instead." Well she might as well get this over with. "I basically deal with energy: manipulation of it, current, converting it, storing it. Mostly strongest within me but I can affect I can use it to a much lesser degree in very close proximity of me.

I try to learn as much physics and chemistry as I can, the more I learn of any field of science, the more in control I am, and the less like I would do something like accidentally make something like chlorine trifluoride with a just a few or accidentally create a reverse polarity in any object or with any energy, not just electronics and electricity." She didn't demonstrate though as she doesn't want to scare these two, or get a reprimand from the librarian. "So what is A-32 suppose to mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 11:05 am

"The 'A' is short for Alpha, a classification of experimental objects. They are usually classified by the level of threat they possess, though as you can imagine, there are some exceptions to that rule." Lynn explained, still feeling uneasy about divulging such information outside the Facility. "An Alpha has the lowest threat level, but the nature of the object is also the most unknown. They can be anything, sometimes even more than their original Alpha designation."

Adam walked next to Sierra, showing her the device. A painting with an ornate frame was shown on the screen. Its content was an actual sky depicted as being red. "As for the numbers." he said. "They used to be numbered based on the order of discovery, but if you look over here..." he scrolled down, revealing a text that showed the current status of the object. 'Expunged' was written on it. "All objects without use to a Facility get destroyed after a conclusive study is performed." the scientist sighed, putting the device back in his pocket. "If Mist called you A-32, that must mean you are meant to replace this little painting. There is no record of you, Sierra, not any we have access to anyway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am

Sierra listens to the explanation of the meaning of both the letter A and the number that this organization has designated for her, then finally the fact that the previous object was labeled as Expunged.  Sierra held back a shudder.  If the "object" is a living being such as herself, would they actually terminate her if she has that status?  Generally it is best not to jump to that conclusion but Sierra does want to find out the hard way either.  On the other hand...

"So they don't really have much on me yet, well other than what Red Mist knows about me already.  But I guess he needs to bring me over to there to verify."  The crafter tries to verify if this is true.  "I am hoping that awside from Red Mist and his partner, that they don't have as much intel on me so that they can counter me but I shouldn't be optimistic about that." Or at least it isn't up to date.  She had been making progress with careful control of her abilities but also advancement on utilization.  Sure it is still within the range of what she can do it but an experience individual is far more capable than the same person that just got the abilities.  Plus she may have given Red Mist the impression that she is still vulnerable, something she may be able to capitalize on if she can remember how to improv act.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Lynn thought about it some more. Something was off about this situation. She had no file, why would they be hunting her?

"There must be some mistake." the woman spoke with concern. "For all we know, your powers could be magic. You have no file as well... why would Mist be sent after you?" she frowned, being about as confused as Sierra at this point. "He always follows orders without question, but even back at the Facility there was nothing in the briefing about you."

"Only thing mentioned was the escaped Theta-04, that black slime." Adam fixed his shades that, for some reason he still wore despite being inside a library. "Besides, I don't think we know that guy enough to make sense of his actions."

"But if Mist is right, then that can only mean one thing: You are from Westland as well. There can be no magic there, so finding out anomalies is a sure-fire process." Lynn was a bit afraid of what her reaction would be as the artisan seemed to avoid the subject of being a fugitive of Westland before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Whether it is resignation, a flexible mind, or just her experience with people using magic, she doesn't seem to react much to it. In fact she seems to be verbally linking things together, possibly her proximity and learning from Jane has something to do with it. "OK, if Westland doesn't have any form of magic but I have these powers, then I probably am seen as some sort of anomaly and these guys investigate paranormal."

She pauses for a moment as she links something in her mind within the past. "But if I am here while I was young, then the person that saved me must had something to do with it since a child probably won't be able to get very far out of their notice." Sierra then had a brief thought. "Wait if I saw Red Mist in the past, then there was a good chance that he was after me, yet as of now I am not in the organization's custody." Sierra then holds her head gingerly, all of this is taking a bit of a toll on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 pm

The scientists listened to her carefully. It would appear that Red Mist might not have been mislead after all. "It does make sense if you escaped." Adam said. "That painting was expunged more than 10 years ago."

"It doesn't matter now." Lynn's voice was devoid of hope. "Satellite tracking will make sure he never loses her... or us." Her fist trembled with rage. If they were not in a library, she would have probably slammed it against the table. "It's all because of that thing! If it didn't escape, none of this would have happened! Red Mist wouldn't have stumbled upon you and we wouldn't have to be ki-" Her face turned red, but she kept the tears from flowing. "I'm so sorry... you don't deserve this, Sierra..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 pm

Sierra is pretty sure the thing that Lynn is talking about is Theta-04 as she mentioned before.  It was then that she gazes down at the table.  If their location is now being traced, then she really has nowhere to run and it is not a matter if Red Mist can finds them, but a matter if when it is convenient for him to return once all higher priories are taken.  She cannot avoid crossing path with him again and she does not want a repetition of what happened hours ago especially now that this time, he will take her back there.  

Yet had this not been a familiar scene, a moment where her life was taking a turn to the south, she cries and copes with it but each time, she returns emotionally to deal with the situation.  Her intuition and her improvising had always been able to keep her alive in situations that would normally resulted her in lying in her own blood.  Although, this situation was different, this wasn't a mafia assassin group, this was one person that is higher efficient and profession.  But from what she was experience, what she has seen from others, there was one thing that she has learned: no one is invincible; humans, midaras, spirits, not even gods, not even banes of gods. And if she can no longer run...

"Lynn, Adam, I are going to have to face Red Mist and "Black" at some point.  So if when I do end up to that point, I need to have them face me in our terms and with as much advantage I can stack in my favor.  However, for the best chance of this happening, I am going to need both of your help.  Both of you know more about the Westland and this organization more than I do, how they operate, and perhaps more on possibility on what they have at their disposal.  The satellite tracking, for example, is new information to me.

I also have several networks and contacts that I am draw from to improve our situation or even be able to hide out so that we are not dealt with before we can do anything."  There is a very visible and audible change in Sierra's demeanor, or rather, the shedding of what she is like on the outside.  The inner side is the same perseverance and unwavering will.  It is as if they are no longer talking to a traumatized crafter as before but someone that stares back at danger without flinching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 am

The scientist could feel the change in her tone. Sierra was exuding an intimidating aura; it felt the same as when they were talking to Red Mist. Despite this, she wouldn't let up. Lynn was a logical person as much as every scientist should be and the facts spoke for themselves.

"No, you can't face Red Mist. Confronting him means you've already lost." Lynn gave Sierra a pleading look. "There is still hope for you. The satellite doesn't have your profile in the database. It's likely a custom entry made by Red Mist to track you. If we could get rid of that then there would be no trace left of you."

"That would mean he'd have to delete the entry himself..." Adam added.

"And he would only do that if you were to...die."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Upon Lynn's word, Sierra looks at her, not in a stern way but in a more contemplating way. "Not that I am disagreeing with you but is there a specific reason that is the case? Is he beyond my level or is it something I am not aware of? Not even as a last resort?" She is genuinely listening to the scientist's word and Sierra herself would rather not have it come to clashes as it carries very high risks in generalHowever Red mist will come but Lynn telling her that facing him is a bad idea. Essentially they are all on borrowed time.

Then the suggestion of what Lynn made caught her attention. "Well assuming that you do not mean actually die..." Hopefully "...I would have to have him believed that I have died? Anything else you want to elaborate on this?"

"Also it is possible for me to jam my position to throw off the satellite of my position? "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 12:54 pm

"I don't doubt your capabilities, Sierra, but..." Lynn recalled just how bad the crafter's shape was when they found her. "He is far beyond a normal opponent. If only you could see what people like him have to deal with regularly..." she felt a lump in her stomach just remembering some of those reports. "And even if by some miracle you get rid of him, more agents will follow - entire Units of them. Your only option is to somehow make him delete your custom entry." It was clear she had no idea how Sierra could achieve such a feat.

"As for trying to do anything about the satellite; we've analyzed every possible option, and nothing short of its physical destruction will stop it. But it is not omniscient. There are blind spots." the woman pulled out a device similar to Adam's. It was accessing the satellite's most recent scans. "This is us right now." The screen was highlighting a picture of Lynn and a very interesting line at the bottom reading: 'Current location unknown.'

It appeared some places were completely unseen by the satellite, although one could discern a tracked target's location by looking at the most recent coordinates. However, any loophole, no matter how small, would come in handy for both themselves and Sierra.

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 5:32 pm

"The reinforcement is what I was afraid of and should have seen coming." Sierra sighs. That scratches that option off. If they ended up coming to blows if she is discovered, then she has to settle with incapacitating him enough to get away. However, there is a good chance Lynn and Adam would be killed before they face off. "There are a few ways I can think of having this happen and none of them are that good. One, mind control him to do so but I am pretty sure that is very difficult at least and that needs to remove his knowledge of me. Two, convincing him that I never was a threat in the first place but then they would send someone else and this guy seems married to his job. Three, somehow able to catch a signal from him to the satellite, but this one is out of my realm of knowledge." She shakes her head briefly. The last one, the other two would have to piece out that one for her.

Sierra looks over the device and and notices of their explanation and demonstration of how the position is currently unknown. "Well first thing is that if we enter the blind spot and then exit it, does it retrack us or does it require manual reconfirmation of position. Second, I am wondering if it if being blocked by a materials, energy, or magic. I might be able to try to duplicate the second and the third I know someone close that can duplicate the third. First one...might need some synthesizing..." It is still possible but they don't have time as a luxury sadly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Lynn shook her head lightly. "Nothing can jam the signal past large physical obstructions. Remember, we studied this thing before coming here. As for the tracking, it does pick up your trace automatically whenever possible. However, there is a delay each time it reconfirms your position; thus it is possible to somewhat avoid it, though not in the long run."

"We are also using the satellite to track Red Mist through Theta-04. It's gotten quite far away and is currently settled in a village south-west of the city we found you in." With that, Lynn got up. She began walking towards the door, stopping by Sierra's side. "I won't let that bastard get away. We're going after them."

Adam joined her side, a look of concern shot towards the artisan. "Let's rest up first. It doesn't look like they're moving from there. In a few hours we'll be as good as new." he said it more to Sierra than to themselves.

Sierra noticed it earlier as well, that there was no entry for Red Mist on the satellite database. Them tracking Theta-04 made sense considering that, as Red Mist will not be far behind it. They had no concrete plan and would likely have to think of something on the way. Adam looked as worried as Sierra probably was, yet Lynn only gritted her teeth in anticipation for the chance to release her anger on the dark slime. Was going after really the best option? It was up for the artisan to decide that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 am

"Large physical obstruction would also means tunnels I take it? Going underground might be a way though that path itself carries its own risk. But this satellite must have something to go by or use as identification so no random person would be accidentally tracked or even shapeshifters. Maybe you ha- hey where are you going?" Sierra noticed Lynn starting to march off. Her arms move to block the door.

"You can't just walk out and go after them without any plan or preparations. You said yourself that Red Mist is an opponent to be feared and then we have Theta who is equally a threat." Sierra then recall Lynn's reaction to when she mention a slime. That thing just be personal for Lynn. "If it is just Theta, then that is cutting the time we have down to virtually zero since he is prioritizing it first. If it goes down, we are next."

"That and we don't even know each other's combat capability to even know what we have to work with" Sierra then appraise the two of them of their posture, stance and demeanor. Did the two of the even have the emotional buffer and danger experience? Sierra isn't a strong fighter at the moment but she has her shares of facing off and escaping such before both life-threatening and enthrallment, the former is a far bigger threat especially with her unusual amount of resistance.

"Tell me, do you think we can come out alive (or in Sierra's case, captured) if we go in as we are now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Adam joined Sierra's efforts to stop Lynn. "She's right. We need to figure out a way to stop Re-"

"That was never part of the plan, Adam." she retorted, her voice growing slightly louder. "We have accepted the consequences."

Lynn tried to move past him, only to be stopped. "What about Sierra? She didn't ask for this."

"No..." This should have been simple, why was she hesitating now? God dammit! Do it for Ann! "Sierra... I have to kill it." Her downcast eyes told Sierra everything. The scientist couldn't bear to look at her saying this. "I can't lose it, not after everything that happened." It's too late to turn back now... too late... "We have the technology to stop it from hurting even more innocents..."

"But we don't know if it will even work!" Adam also raised his voice to counter hers. If they weren't in a private room, all of the eyes would be on them right now.

"Shut up!" She knew how stupid it was to get so close to them. Her only plan was killing it using the Capture Unit that Mist suggested she use - Lynn had nothing else. "Just...shut up..."

It was beyond stupid. What she tried doing and what she dragged her friends and colleagues into... all on a selfish desire for retribution. Now another innocent was at stake: this young girl who she would be sentencing to live life as an object. So Lynn just froze in place, staring blankly at Sierra.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Sierra just stares at Lynn. It was a look of desire to avenge. Someone Lynn loss. It was a look Sierra seem a good amount of time in the conflict within Haven, both within the Sunset Guild and the Nightshade Organization. She briefly thought of any other connection Theta has but stopped herself, she cannot afford the luxury of contemplating the web of connection unless she is no longer has to face the threat of this one that wishes to capture her.

"If we are to be able to bring down both Theta and Red Mist and his partner, then we need to have it so that both of them are in a weakened state somehow and because he will be within the same vicinity of Theta. However this depends on which of the two are stronger, which I will assume Red Mist is. In an ensuing battle after Theta is done, then I can attempt to disable Red Mist. That is what happened to me with Theta, then Red Mist catching me off guard, weakened, and I panic." She should be more emotionally secure by them.

"I was hoping I wouldn't need this but I have something experimental at home that should allow me to utilize my abilities much better. That and I need to resupply since I tapped out all of the batteries in my pocket." She takes out some double AA batteries out and shows it to them. "In the meanwhile as we get there, you can explain what are you going to be using against Theta just in case the scale of power swings too far to its favor." Sierra also needs to keep an eye on Lynn so that the scientist won't jump the gun and causes complications.

"Now if Red Mist takes it out with no problem, then there is plan B. I have a group of people that wants me dead which i can draw them to my position as Red Mist does. The plan is to get them to end up fighting each other enough that the situation will swing to our favor. However, in this case, I am not sure how I would keep you alive." She frowns. While she isn't a hero by all means, she doesn't want to leave these two to the wolf. Heck, them being captured by the Nightshade would be preferable as she has a few tricks against them they never expected.

"Now the question is this, would they send more if he is incapacitated or if the indigenous resident midara get him? That is the basically the outline of the plan that I have."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 6:54 am

Lynn thought long and hard about it. For minutes on end she would say nothing, just analyzing every scenario possible, meekly hoping that there would be a way out of this situation. Opposing Red Mist was not something she even considered an option. He was a legend among Facility personnel, even greenhorns like herself; there was no one in their line of work who has not heard of his prowess.

"I don't know... it is very likely they will. But maybe... you're right." she finally got herself out of that trance. "Maybe getting rid of him is an option. As long as that entry is lost and no one else knows of you, then whoever they send will need to look really hard to find you."

Adam smiled at his colleague as she calmed down. "Yeah, we'll manage something. It doesn't have to end the way he told you."

"Well then..." Lynn breathed out and fixed her glasses. "Seeing as the satellite can only manually track one non-registered entry at a time, you're pretty much invisible until Theta is dealt with." she said, showing Sierra the screen again. An entry named "Theta-04" was set as currently tracked. It appeared that entries like Sierra or Theta-04 that were not in the database had to be manually tracked, likely by the crew operating the satellite. This could give them the edge they so desperately need to one-up the deadliest agent.

"And Sierra?" Lynn called out. "Thank you... for helping me keep my head straight. I'll try to not let my emotions get the better of me... and make sure at least you escape this."

Adam chuckled. "You're much better at this 'planning thing' than we are. So whatever you say, we'll follow and help you with as much as we can, okay?"

"As for our arsenal..." the woman pulled out a handgun with capacitors attached to each side of the barrel. "We only have this Capture Unit Beta with us. I'll tell you all about it on the way." she hid it under her coat immediately. "Can't have people seeing this thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   The Consumer of All - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Consumer of All
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Upon her lips :: Original Content :: RPs-
Jump to: