A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Consumer of All

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:24 am

It looked like Mirai was fine after all...despite herself, Toushiko let out a relieved chuckle. "Did I, now...?" she said wryly. "Feels more like I got my ass handed to me, but hey, I'll take it."

With Mirai stepping back to give her some space, she decided to put her hands against the floor to try and push herself up again. With a grunt of effort, she raised herself up off the ground, ignoring the pins and needles shooting through her arms at the movement. She slowly managed to get to her feet, grabbing at the nearby counter for support and pulling herself up with it.

Once she'd pulled herself to standing, she leaned back against the wall behind her and sighed, letting herself recover for a moment. "So...since we're both still alive..." She looked down at Mirai and grinned. "Ya got any drinks for the big, bad hero?"

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:47 am

The green-haired girl wiped her tears once again, smiling brightly at her savior. "Hah, you sure about that?" her voice was still weak, despite attempting to sound like her usual self. "There's no slime around, and we're both fine." she snatched a bottle from the shelves behind the counter and handed it to Toushiko. "And here's your order; on the house."

With much of her immediate worries for the demoness lifted, Mirai began perusing her surroundings, some obvious things catching her eye. "You must have been really angry." she said, pointing at the holes in the ground, then the one in the form of a horned figure. But that was Toushiko for her, both back then and now. "People should learn not to mess with you, Toush... or your friends." Mirai was glad she could say that, it made her feel a little bit safer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:22 am

Toushiko nodded. "That's right. Who knows where it fucked off to, but honestly, I ain't gonna complain that it's gone," she said, grinning in anticipation as she popped off the cap with her finger and started downing the drink inside. She didn't bother looking at the label to see what it was; Mirai knew her tastes well enough by this point to get her something she liked, anyhow.

As she took in gulp after gulp, Toushiko's eye followed the damage Mirai was pointing out. She shrugged with one hand, not taking the bottle away from her mouth. Eventually, she popped the now-empty bottle away with a satisfied sigh, wiping her lips with her hand and setting it down on the counter.

"Aaah, good stuff..." She smiled at the faint, yet pleasant buzz settling in her head. It drove away her weakness, her doubt at being so easily defeated by such a strange creature, and her confidence started to swell once more. "Hell yeah," she grinned, jabbing a thumb at her chest. "Someone tryin' to mess with you? Well, they've gotta get through me, first!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Mirai frowned as she looked at the nearby walls. Was that...acid?

"Just what the hell was that thing?" she pointed out at the green substance that deteriorated the ground and walls. "This must be some kind of acid." She scoffed. "In any case, this ain't getting through your skin, that I know for sure."

The girl took another bottle, eyeing it pensively. Why was she hesitating? This was something she would always do when feeling down. Was it her body's condition? No, it had to have been something else. There was something with her... She couldn't snap out of this state, she couldn't turn back to her old self.

"Funny... I don't feel like drinking... or doing much at all."

To say that she lived through the encounter with the creature unscathed would be a lie. Something had emerged from within, something that ate away at her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Toushiko's smile faded. "Wait, what? Acid?" Holding her hand along the wall for support, she walked closer to Mirai and peered at the substance in question. Her brow scrunched up in confusion. "That's...uh..." she hesitated, trying to think back to what the slime did during their fight. "Mirai, I...don't think this came from that slime..." She stared at the half-dissolved wood, as if studying it closely would yield the answers she was looking for.

"Wait, what the hell...?" Toushiko squinted at something strange on the floor. She hadn't noticed it before, as it was far too small to pick up from a glance, but it looked like there were tiny white shards of something scattered across the wood. She knelt down and gingerly picked up one of the shards, turning it over in her fingers, questions already popping up in her head.

...Had this been here before? No, it would've been dissolved by the acid, right? Did this have something to do with the acid? This didn't look like something that slime would've had with it...well, maybe it could've, with all the little bits of itself it had coughed up everywhere. Maybe it had swallowed this from somewhere else...?

Among all these questions, though, one stood out like a sore thumb—the same one that had been nagging her incessantly since she'd woken up.

How was she still alive?

She'd seen that slime attacking Mirai, clear as day, with no intent of stopping until she had nothing left. The only reason Mirai had even survived was because Toushiko was able to interrupt that thing's vicious little mealtime. So, if it had managed to drain the oni into unconsciousness, then...why hadn't it finished the job?

Toushiko shook her head in exasperation. Too many questions, not nearly enough answers for her liking. She glanced at Mirai, frowning at the girl's hesitation. It seemed like she was pretty troubled by all this, too. Toushiko dropped the shard in a pouch on her belt, then stood up and made her way over to Mirai, slinging her arm over the girl's shoulder.

"Ah, c'mon! That's malarkey, and ya know it," she said, cracking a smile. "Nothin' wrong with a drink to celebrate our victory, right? We live another day! Eat, drink, and be merry, I say!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Mirai had her eyes closed, thinking about her current situation, while also listening to her friend coming closer. "Maybe it's worth an investig-"

The sudden feeling startled her. A thick arm laid heavy on her shoulders, pulling her close to a big, now-warm oni. "Ah." she listened to her friend's usual cheeriness. It always put a smile on her face; that's what made Toush who she was. Mirai always thought it kind of ironic for a demon of the Underworld to be so optimistic and happy all the time, but she wasn't complaining.

"Always have a drink by your side, right?" she chuckled, slowly taking a sip from the bottle. "Baby steps." she brought the bottle to her face. "I'll spare you for now, bottle. But my friend here may not be so kind."

Mirai was still trying. She couldn't let something like this shake her up so badly... she couldn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:37 pm

Toushiko grinned, pleased that Mirai still remembered her catchphrase. "That's right! There's always time for a drink, after all!" With a good-hearted chuckle, she gestured toward the bottle with her free hand. "I think I'll spare it m'self, though. I've had my fill a' drinks for now."

She couldn't keep a straight face for more than five seconds. Moments after the words were out of her mouth, she broke into a shit-eating grin and threw her head back, letting her raucous laughter ring off the walls. "Hah, 'had my fill'! As if!" As her laughter faded into chuckles, she nodded her head toward the bottle. "Still, heh, keep it around for later." She winked. "Never know when ya might need it, y'know!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm

"For later, huh?" she said, looking up at Toushiko. "Speaking of later... what do you plan to do now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:40 pm

"Now?" Toushiko's grin faded. "Well, uh..." Her gaze drifted across the room, covered as it was in splintered wood, bits of slime, and the acid along one wall. She sighed, and turned back to Mirai. "I can't just let that slime go, Mirai," she said quietly. "Whatever it is, it's bad news. It'll probably attack folks on sight 'till somebody takes it out for good."

She gave a reassuring smile. "And who better for the task than someone who already knows how it fights, eh?" She chuckled, a gleam of determination in her eyes. "If you ask me, it's high time we got a li'l payback, wouldn'tcha say?"

In truth, Toushiko could tell that Mirai still wasn't quite herself. Maybe it was just the numbness, maybe it was something more, but either way, seeing the life drained out of Mirai in more ways than one made Toushiko's blood boil. That thing wasn't about to get away with what it had done to the both of them, let alone what it could do to more people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:18 am

Mirai's expression tensed up. What was her plan? Going back to the Company, of course... right? It was obvious, everything was said and done - it was time to part ways. Yet why was she shaking?

"Toush..." she mustered the strength to talk, breaking her poor attempt at a facade. "I can't do it..."

It was about time, wasn't it?

She heard it so many times, but she didn't listen. The same phrase over and over, just with a different wrapping. The child returned from Hell is what many used to call her. They called it Hell, she called it the fun place. They called her dream impossible, yet there she was, building the future. Always going forward, never looking back... not anymore.

What happened today... was out of the imaginary even for Mirai. She had encountered midara before, but this... to be made so vulnerable, to be treated as nothing more than food... it chilled her to the bone. Such a horrifying feeling, to be alone in the all-consuming dark... Today she lost a part of herself, and she knew that. The girl could never feel safe anymore.

"I can't return..." she continued with downcast eyes. "I don't want to be away again." Mirai looked in the eyes of the oni. "Can I... Can I go with you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:09 am

Toushiko's eyes widened. "Mirai..." she breathed.

So it wasn't just the numbness after all. That slime...no, that...that fucking bastard had taken something away from Mirai. Even with as long as they'd known each other, Toushiko couldn't remember ever seeing Mirai look so...defeated. No matter the obstacles in her way, no matter the adversity she faced, she always pushed forward with a sharp smile and brazen confidence that even the oni admired.

To see her like this...to hear her say, "I can't do it"...

Somewhere deep inside Toushiko, the embers of anger suddenly burst into an open flame of righteous fury.

That thing wasn't going to get away with this.

Toushiko knelt down so she could be face-to-face with the girl. "Mirai, listen..." she began quietly. "You know this is gonna be dangerous, right? Searching after that slime's gonna be tough enough, but then we're gonna have to face it again at the end." The oni reached forward and rested a heavy hand on Mirai's shoulder. "I can tell...this took a lot out of you," she murmured. Her tone held nothing but concern. "Are you sure you could handle encountering that thing again?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:31 am

"No..." she answered truthfully. "Not alone..." her pained figure told Toushiko everything. "I looked back, Toush. I stopped... and looked back." she cried again. "For the first time in my life."

She gently touched the hand on her shoulder. "And I saw you - time and time again. We always crossed paths, yet went on different ways; always saying goodbye." the girl built up a burst of confidence, ready to deliver the next line with the passion she felt it needed to be. "I don't want to say goodbye again - I can't say goodbye again! No matter what happens - I'll face it, but I won't say goodbye again!"

Mirai's eyes gazed into Toushiko's. She saw the oni's eyes flare up at her decision. "We need to help those people, Toush. This isn't just about me." she said, never having looked as serious as now. "I'll come around sooner or later, okay? For now we need to find that thing and I want to be with you every step of the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 pm

For a moment, Toushiko said nothing, intently studying Mirai's expression for any signs of doubt. To say that there were none would be a lie—the girl's face was drawn up with apprehension, and her voice still shook slightly when she spoke. She was obviously scared of what was to come.

And yet...Toushiko could see it immediately. Even through her fear, even through her darkest nightmare made manifest, Mirai's will to live still shone through. She wasn't about to turn and sulk under the safety of the shadows, forever letting that slime keep the life it had stolen from her. Instead, she was determined to take everything back, striding ahead confidently with her best friend by her side.

Toushiko nodded in approval. "If that's your decision..." She broke into her trademark grin. "Then let's make that snot-wad regret ever messin' with us!" She slipped her hand off Mirai's shoulder and stood up to her full height. "Chargin' headlong into danger because you're just that determined to succeed..." She smiled proudly down at her friend. "You've got more balls on ya than half the oni I know!" She laughed, reaching forward to ruffle Mirai's hair. "Never change, Mirai. Never change."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Yesterday at 5:47 am

Mirai let out a sigh of relief. "Damn right."

The fear was still there, of course; the fear that what happened today could very well repeat, or worse. But seeing Toushiko just... walk it off made it impossible for her not to continue. In times of need, a friend is all it takes to make a difference and Mirai would not let go of her friend.

"Thank you, Toush... for always being there for me." she smiled softly, gazing at the setting sun through the hole in the wall.

It was getting late and that slime was probably too far away by now. Where it was headed, they did not know, but sitting around in the middle of nowhere wouldn't solve anything. Toushiko could carry on just fine, but she would only be a burden. Mirai's stomach growled like a starved beast and she could still feel the frigid cold stinging at her fingertips; she would not be able to travel like this - and resting here? She had standards - and a plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   Yesterday at 5:04 pm

Toushiko chuckled. "Anytime, Mirai, anytime," she said, turning around to hunt for her club. She sauntered over to her trusty weapon, lying on the ground near the opposite wall, picking it up and smirking with satisfaction at all the black goo splattered across the metal. Looked like she'd still managed to send a message to the little mud-ball, after all.

Patting her belt to make sure she hadn't lost the valuable Jigoku no Kyoukai drink she'd bought from Mirai, Toushiko nodded to herself and turned to her friend. "Welp, I think I'm about ready to head out." Her eyes drifted down toward the sound of loud complaints issuing from Mirai's stomach, and she chuckled. "Y'know, if you're hungry, we can always try cookin' up some a' them scorpions out there!" she chirped, pointing a thumb toward the sight of the desolate wasteland outside. "They're probably good eatin'..." She shrugged. "Unless ya got any other bright ideas, anyhow."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Consumer of All   

Back to top Go down

The Consumer of All
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2