Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hunters of Fire and Ice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

Hunters of Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Within the tundras, Kylin was chopping wood into fire-wood small enough to sustain a fire at the moment. Normally he would be out hunting an elk but he is a bit on watch today. Apparently his neighbor, Haru, flew back just a moment ago rather grumpy and some of her feathers were singed while muttering something vehemently about spell-casters. It isn't that he is involved with her in any way and things between them are mainly a mutual, if not chilly, respect of boundaries at best; but her state does give him pre-warning of someone that may be coming.

As a precaution, he had created a perimeter of trip-lines that if someone were to bump onto the fiber line, it would trigger several bell sounds that are hidden behind bushes and trunks, allowing him to be alerted to someone's presence early. He is also dressed in a white fur pelt coat that would let him blend better to the environment. Other than that, it is a normal chilly day.

Last edited by Dataslycer on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Anika was walking through the tundra grumbling about how anticlimactic that whole battle felt, only just barely noticing the tripwires. She got down on all fours and examined the wire before following it towards a bell, not a trap. With that, she huffed and drew her claw against it, snapping the wire swiftly.

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:46 pm

The grumbling attracted his attention as he looked at a source...a nekomata in the tundras? That is a rather rare sight as this isn't normally the habitat range. He wasn't sure if she spotted him yet but he did notice her spotting his perimeter alert...which she just snapped willingly and set off a series of bells around the camp. He unslung his bow from his shoulder but does not draw an arrow yet.

"You know you could have just called out to me, no need to hit the alarms since I am not hard to miss." Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 pm

"Yeah, but I'm not really the kinda girl to take security very well," she stated. "So, I guess you live here?"

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 pm

"I do travel but this is my current home." He gestures to the camp he made consisting of a circle of stones that is his firepit, an igloo, a drying rack for both meat and hide, silts and snow-shoes. Nothing monetary though. "What brings you to the tundras?"
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 10:13 pm

"Well, I was curious about a certain grumpy and unreasonable harpy," she explained grumpily. "I challenged her to a fight and when I was close to winning, she ran away."

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 11:54 am

"Grumpy harpy?" Apparently Haru isn't the only one that is grumpy judging from the nekomata's expressio- wait a minute. "By chance, do you cast firespell? Why did you challenge someone to a fight anyways?"
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:22 pm

"Well, I don't use my magic too much, I'm still learning, after all. Normally I go physical, but that Harpy, she, you know, flies. So I had to use my magic to make up for it," she stated. "I thought it'd be fun, plus I like to see what other people are made of. But she's made it abundantly, annoyingly clear how she feels about that."

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 6:44 pm

"I am willing to guess, she prefers to be left alone rather than fight for fun." Still curious why Haru decided to play along for even a moment but that is not his business. He decides to sling his bow over his shoulder as he already somewhat assessed the nekomata and her intent already. Of course there is a chance she wanted to try him out but at the least she isn't going to try to ambush.

"Still a bit of an odd reason to venture to the tundras though since there aren't a lot of beings around here, not to mention bad timing can get you snowed in." He throws a glance over his igloo.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptySun Jan 27, 2019 4:53 pm

"Well, I travel around a lot to meet Midara and make sure their current situation is perfectly fine by them," she answered, laughing at his clear example of getting snowed in. "Featherbutt made it clear to me beforehand and then I wanted a round in and I already explained the rest. So...what are you doing in the Tundras then?"

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 6:49 pm

"Meet midaras? That is a bit of a risk at times isn't it? Many of them play for keeps." Speaking of which, is the nekomata one? Midaras that actually fight by regular mean isn't common place but not unheard of either. "Though if you are looking for midaras, this tundra isn't the best place. The aforemention harpy isn't one, believe it or not. So for what I am doing here..." He gestures to his camp and igloo with several established encampment installations. "I am currently living here and exploring."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:15 pm

"Oh neat! And dont worry about me! I'm a Midara myself, and besides, all Midara where I cone from are good!" A gust of wind caught her off guard and sent a couple shivers through her body, her flames igniting to warm her up. "Ooh, its gotten colder!"

Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 8:12 pm

"That is the first time, someone just walks up to me and says I'm a midara." Kylin replied with a quirked brow at that. People usually do not outright says they are a midara like that. He thinks on what Anika said a bit with benevolent (or at least not malevolent) midaras. She isn't immediately trying to jump his bone so that is a bit of proof that she at least is a potential example to his inner relief. That and she seems to also have normal attacks as well.

He pauses for a moment as he covers his face a bit mostly shielding his eyes from freezing up from the chill front but seemingly unperturbed by the cold. "We might have a bit of an arctic front coming soon. Fortunately not one that brings in a blizzard." He says casually as if he can tell while being pretty blase about blizzards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunters of Fire and Ice   Hunters of Fire and Ice Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunters of Fire and Ice
Page 1 of 1