Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend Empty
PostSubject: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend Image_10

Description: Born a human in modern day Japan named Naoki Kashima, he witnessed his world collapse upon itself, a phenomenon called “the Conception,” which birthed a new world of demons on top of his own and tasked specific individuals with a “Reason” to shape this now twisted and ravaged world into a path of their choosing. Through the machinations of a strange young girl and old man, Naoki found himself altered by a Magatama, a parasitic demon-created object, into a new form capable of surviving this harsh world and forming it to his whims: The Demi-Fiend, neither human nor demon.

His first companion of many is a small winged demon who goes only by the name Pixie. While she is a demon at heart, she has absolute faith in Naoki, and is one of the only people left who addresses him by his first name and not his title. He has befriended countless demons and they are at his beck and call, linked directly to him and incapable of death as long as Naoki lives. However, the compression and collapse of his own world took most of his demon companions with it, aside from Pixie. Naoki’s many powers come from the Magatama he has swallowed, each granting him new abilities and forms as he continues to grow stronger.

Naoki chose to completely avoid the concept of “Reasons” altogether, instead choosing to end the cycle of gods using both humans and demons as pieces on a board. During the process, he became a True Demon, embracing his role as an agent of chaos and determined to free his world from the grip of a tyrannical god that would only seek to abuse it for its own benefit. Destroying the Kagatsuchi, the forebearer of creation, freeing his world from the grip of gods and thrusting it into darkness, time and space collapsing. The Demi-Fiend, however, lives on, and now travels the various worlds, seeking to remove corrupt gods from power and free worlds from the one true enemy, the “Great Will.”

Naoki is a man of few words, often remaining silent and only speaking when absolutely necessary. More often than not, Pixie or one of his other demon companions will speak on his behalf. Pixie is enthusiastic about her job, and thinks the world of Naoki, but can sometimes step out of line in her decisions. The duo see gods as despots who abuse their right and power, and have made it their life’s goal to seek them out and destroy them at their discretion.

Passives

Stored Magatama

“...maybe this one…”
Naoki has many Magatama stored in his body, and each of them have incredible properties to his body, altering his capabilities and unique strengths. At the beginning of his turn, Naoki can activate one of these Magatama to alter his abilities, granting him that effect for 3 turns. After it wears off, Naoki cannot recall that same Magatama for another 3 turns, but he always has to have some Magatama active at all times. They are:
Marogareh: Grants +1 to damage. Naoki receives +1 damage. Is active at the beginning of battle. If the battle goes on past turn 8, Marogareh gains the ability Pierce, which allows Naoki’s attacks to ignore barriers, counters or disadvantaged rolls.
Gaea: Grants +1 to physical defense and makes all of Naoki's attacks hit multiple targets. All rolls against Naoki during the duration act as if they were at advantage. Is only active for 2 turns.
Murakumo: Removes status effects on use, and makes all status rolls act on disadvantage. If Naoki's attack needed to roll for a secondary effect, said roll would be at disadvantage.
Gaes: Heals HP equal to half of the damage that Naoki inflicts. Status Effects done to Naoki roll at advantage.
Kailash: +1 to magical defense, and all magical attacks have a chance of being reflected back at the user for half the damage. Reduces Damage done by Naoki by -1.

Mind’s Eye

“You felt that too, right Naoki?”
Naoki’s body, altered through science and magic, is directly attune to the effects of magic around him, and the intents of others that it surrounds. Any attack under 15 is considered a miss (crit fails are ignored). The critical success rate of his opponent is raised from 85 and up to 90 and up.

Attacks:

Heat Wave

“Yeah! Go, Naoki! Go turn up the heat!” “...” “...okay, fine, that one was pretty bad. Still though!”

Naoki materializes a glowing sword like image in his hand before slamming it to the ground, sending a wave of fire all around him towards his target. Deals 3 damage. Has a chance of inflicting Burn.

Spiral Viper

“Oooh, going with that one, Naoki? That oughta leave a lasting impression!” “...” “OKAY, Okay, I’ll stop with the puns! Just stop lookin’ at me like that, alright?!?”
Naoki opens his arms as his body grows dark, before shooting sickly red beams out of his eyes that pierce directly through any target. Deals 2 damage. Inflicts Poison.

Magma Axis

“You’re getting serious now, huh Naoki? Just don’t go too crazy, alright? These small fry aren’t worth burning through our beads!”
Naoki gathers his magical energy through his hands before erupting a small volcano underneath the target. Deals 4 damage. Inflicts 2 damage to Naoki. If the target is burned, inflicts 6 damage but cancels out the burn and the move cannot be used again for another 2 turns.

Javelin Rain

“You better be careful! Or else Naoki’s gonna show you what he’s like when he gets angry!”

Naoki crouches down before shooting forth a number of crimson, ethereal spears from his body, sticking anything they touch to the ground. Deals 2 damage, with half the damage afflicting every other enemy, and inflicts Downed if attack connects.

Xeros Beat

“...this’ll do it…”
Naoki builds up energy from his current Magatama before swiping the air, sending hundreds of small particles of his essence towards the targets in front of him at high speeds. Deals 3 damage, with half the damage (rounded up) hitting every other enemy, and has a chance of inflicting Silence, preventing the target from using magical based attacks until they are capable of shaking it off with a free action each turn.

Freikugel

“Bet’cha didn’t expect someone like Naoki to have holy stuffs, huh? It doesn’t matter what it is, since Naoki transcends any of those silly titles!”
Naoki briefly loses focus as the magical energy rushes to his head before unleashing a powerful beam of light at the target, piercing directly through them. Deals 5 damage. Inflicts 3 damage to Naoki.

Focus

...need more power…”
Naoki focuses all of his energy and builds it up inside, guaranteeing that his next attack will definitely hurt. The next attack used by Naoki will increase by +2 and the crit success chance increases to 70 and above. Inflicts 3 damage to Naoki.

Fog Breath

“You gotta remember, Naoki’s a real demon now! You can’t go into a fight with him thinking “oh, he’s just gonna hit me” because really, what kind of demon just hits people?”
Naoki rears back before unleashing a green cloudy breath from his mouth, pushing the enemy back and temporarily blinding them. Inflicts Advantage for Naoki’s attacks for 3 turns.

Dormina

“Remember, Naoki, I’ve got your back too! Let me see if I can’t help a little!”
Pixie focuses her own magic before unleashing a soft wave of pink magical energy around them, making the target drowsy. Deals 1 damage. If the move hits 3 successful times, the target is put to Sleep and is unable to act until they roll with two successful rolls.

Maziodyne

“W-Woah, I’m getting...kinda dizzy...I think I’m just gonna...take a little nap, okay Naoki?”

Pixie puts her all into her next attack, raining lightning down on the targets in front of her. The attack is exhausting for Pixie, who then takes a few turns to recover in Naoki’s clothing. Deals 3 damage to all enemies, with a chance to stun. After using attack, Pixie grows tired and cannot attack again using any moves done by her for the next 3 turns.

Deathtouch

“It’d probably be a good time to top off, right Naoki? You gotta be careful about burning yourself out too much!”
Naoki rushes forward and delivers a swift punch with a glowing fist, draining a portion of the target’s vitality with the action. Deals 3 damage. Heals Naoki for ⅔’ds of the damage done by the action.

Tornado

“...back…”
Naoki unleashes a cutting wind upon the target, pushing them back and throwing them in different directions.
Rolls 4 times, dealing 1 damage per successful roll. If 3 attacks connect, the target is afflicted with Knockback, preventing them from using any close range moves on the next turn.

Gaea Rage

“H-Hey, be careful, Naoki! We need you in one piece, remember?!?”
Naoki channels all of the energy from his core, the Magatama’s in him glowing brightly before unleashing all of the built up Almighty energy around him into a single point, creating a massive shockwave of raw power. Deals 7 damage to all targets. Deals 5 damage to Naoki, regardless of whether it connects. Can only be used from the 8th turn onwards.

“Hey! Hey! Have you seen any gods around here? We’re here to beat ‘em up! Where we came from, gods caused nothing but trouble, for everyone! So we’re here to remove ‘em! If you see any, be sure to let us know, okay?” “...yeah…”

So I made this almost entirely on a whim because I was on an SMT kick and I felt it'd be a fun character, both in use and lore-wise. Also, Nocturne's like, one of my favorite RPGs ever. I swear, I had to rework these two like 5 times before I was comfortable with them, the last 4 were stupidly OP. This could still potentially be stupidly OP but, well, it's still a hell of a lot better than it was.

Last edited by DarkHeroAxel on Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

PostSubject: Re: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Add Wild Dance to his skill list!

ok it not great but is is unique to him in the game iirc
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 10:39 pm

Believe me when I say I considered it, but I couldn't think of a way to implement it that wasn't just "yet another status effect move", you know? For the most part I tried to focus on either moves that were exclusive to him in Nocturne/other cameo appearances, or things that were generally really good in Nocturne.

PostSubject: Re: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 10:59 pm

... Isn't Heat Wave a physical skill and not a fire move? :p
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 11:06 pm

It is, but it's also shooting out a bright red wave in the animation so I'm taking creative liberties.

SMT's weird like that. Like, half of the moves I listed are also physical despite shooting out magic from somewhere. It's strange, but it's also very SMT.

PostSubject: Re: Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend   Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend Empty

Back to top Go down

Naoki/Pixie: the Demi-Fiend
Page 1 of 1