Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mens Sana in Corpore Sano

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

Mens Sana in Corpore Sano Empty
PostSubject: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyFri May 17, 2019 4:36 pm

It had been a couple of days since the foxes had arrive to the city of Alexandria, it was a pretty nice city. The couple had rented a room on a pretty cheap inn to spend the nights but the money was starting to run low, if they wanted to keep traveling, to finally find a place to call home, they needed money, they needed a job. They had started to ration their food, with their money already gone, if they didn't find a job they would be sleeping on the street.

Eri had gone out early to find a job, she was carrying also some of her home-made potions, if anything, she could sell those so at least Zoe could have something to eat. Running down to the market, Eri started desperately to look for someone who was interesting in buying her potions, she was starting to feel weak and her stomach was grumbling, she was at the verge of passing out but she wasn't going to give up, she was going to continue, she had to earn some money... For Zoe...

As she stumbled around the market, her vision started to get blurry, she didn't even noticed the old woman with who she crashed, the potions fell to the ground, breaking the glass bottles and spreading the contents on the ground. Eri looked at the woman with an apologetic look on her face. "M-My apologies m-ma'am..." Her gaze then turned to the potions spilled on the ground. "N-No... What am I going to do now..." She started to panic, not for herself but for the thought of Zoe starving, she had been intentionally giving Zoe part of her food without the other kitsune knowing it and now, her only chance of getting money was crushed and spilled across the floor.

Last edited by Nekurion on Mon May 20, 2019 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 3:02 am

"Oh goodness!"  The old woman was startled with someone bumped her, the sound of glass breaking reached her ears right afterward.  She looked down at the sound and noticed the broken bottle that the fox women had dropped. Then she looked back to the fox woman herself and all thoughts of the broken content had evaporated.  The poor dear looked heart-broken from the unfortunate accident.  Her body looked rather thin as if she hadn't eaten anything in days.  What in all creation happened to this poor soul?

"Dear, are you alright?  What happened to you?  Are you hungry?"  Before Eri is able to comprehend all of the questions that were asked of her amidst the loss of her potion, the old woman was already taking a loaf of french bread from the basket around her arm and placing in Eri's hand.  "Please eat.  You look like you were starving for a while.  Where do you live?"  Right after that was another string of question out of concern.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 4:05 am

"E-Eh? N-No, don't worry, i-it's not necessary." The kitsune replied with a smile. "M-My apologies for bumping into you, ma'am." Getting back on her feet, Eri bowed to the old lady before turning around and mumbling to herself. "I-I better find a job now... Zoe..."
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:26 pm

"Dear, if you go on like this, you will collapse. Please, rest first and let me help you first. Then we can help you find what you are looking for." The elder reproached. The tone was soft but held a trace of firmness, like a mother gently chiding her child.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Something in the woman's tone made Eri comply, taking the bread the woman offered her, the young kitsune started to devour the piece of bread viciously. Once she was over, she looked at the woman slightly embarrased. "S-Sorry... Me and my friend arrived here a few days ago, we were staying in an inn while looking for a work to pay for food and a place to sleep..." she looked at the potions spilled on the ground. "Those potions were our last resort to make some money..."
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 4:08 pm

"That's no good, that's no good..." The lady's eyes moved to the floor. Her sight wasn't as good as used to be she could still see broken glasses on the ground. "Have you both been to the Board of Profession? I reckon you and your friend may have your skill be matched with someone is looking for. It would help to fill your bellies..." She smiles warmly. "In the meanwhile, both of you can stay in my home. When was the last time you slept in your own bed? Have you showered yet?" Again the old woman started another string of care-taking questions.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm

"The Board of Profession? I-I don't... Know what that is... Hmm... I... I know how to make potions and medicines... A-And Zoe is really strong..." The next offer from the old lady really surprised Eri. "E-Eh? I-I... I don't know i-if I can accept an offer like that..." Memories from the last time someone invited them to their house came to her mind, how the holstaurs had drugged them and tried to brainwash them to stay in there. "I-I..." Another look to the lady's face and Eri started to think she should accept the offer, they were both hunger, tired and dirty. Realistically, finding a job like that would be impossible, no one would hire two vagabond kitsunes. "I-Is it really okay... F-For us to stay?" She asked shyly, she didn't knew why the woman was being so kind to her but the kind gesture and the offer made her think she could trust her.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 12:51 pm

"Of course, it is, dear.  I would not be asking if it isn't."  She chuckled.  "It would be quite cruel to leave you both on the streets.  Now, where would your friend be?"  She started looking around Eri as if looking for someone.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 12:59 pm

"O-Oh... She's back at the inn, I left very early in the morning." The kitsune explained with a slight blush on her face. "She should be waking up right now." Eri pointed towards the inn where she and Zoe had been staying the last few days.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm

"Well, let's meet her over there. Although you'll have to slow down for me, dear." She started to slowly walk over towards the inn with her basket still over her arms. The sell of fresh french bread still wafting from the blanket that covered them. "So what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 4:58 pm

"O-Oh!" The sudden realization made the kitsune's cheek match the color of her hair. "M-My name is Eri..." She shyly replied while walking at the same pace as the woman. It took a while, but they finally reached the inn, Zoe was sitting in front of the building with their things next to her, seems like the innkeeper patience had run out just in time. "Zoe!" The red kitsune ran to Zoe, hugging her. "I-I found help!" She said filled with renovated hopes.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 6:28 pm

"Oh cmon, you know we're good for it! Just give us a little more time!"

"I've given you two so much extra time already, furball! At this point, I'm not sure if you are good for it!

"This is our only chance, though! We don't have anywhere else to go!"

"That is not my problem! If you and that friend aren't packed up and out of here by 2 PM, I'm throwing the both of you out, and that's final!" The innkeeper punctuated that last remark with the slam of a door, strong enough to rattle the room it was in.

Just...great. Times had been tough for the two of them, since leaving that forest. Money was scarce, and jobs were even scarcer. Anything that Zoe would excel in was very much already filled, or limited to those "in the know" and it left them unable to keep things going.

That said, it was a blessing that the two didn't have much to pack. A few pieces of food, some supplies, that sort of thing. It didn't take Zoe long at all to get it all together, bidding their room a silent farewell. The scowl on the innkeeper's face was one of silent victory, and smug. Zoe couldn't keep herself from rolling her eyes. She knew if she left to go find hern they both might get lost, so she decided to wait for her outside the inn. She knew it probably wouldn't be too long.

It wasn't long before a familiar red haired special person in her life came back. She waved, but was greeted by a hug instead, one she graciously accepted. "Hey, Eri. Jerk kicked us out. I tried to keep us there, but...sorry about that."

It was then that her gaze fell onto the person she came with. She was an old woman, and had a soft expression on her face. Zoe's look was wary as she observed this woman in the hug. "...made a friend out there?"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptySun May 19, 2019 11:23 pm

Eri noded. "I crashed into her in the market... She offered me some food a-and when I told her about us... She offered to take us in... A-And told me about this Board..." Eri took her time explaining Zoe what happened, minus the potion incident, once she was finish she stared at Zoe. "T-This might be... The chance, you always talk about..."
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyMon May 20, 2019 6:32 pm

"Poor dear was wasting away and the only thing she was thinking about is finding a job. I only let her be after she had something to eat" Slowly, she removed the blanket over the basket that contained some still fresh french bread and holds it to Zoe. "I am Vienna Costa. Former Board of Profession supervisor."

She paused in her talk to look at the belonging that is by Zoe's feet, then at the inn door. "It seems you've gotten afoul with Roger. Always the temperamental that one he is." There was no trace of negative emotion as she mentioned the innkeeper by name."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyMon May 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Zoe cautiously eyed the bread being handed to her. Their last encounter had taught her to be wary of food being offered to them, especially free food. She had since gotten better at hiding her signs of hunger from those around her. Truth be told, she was starving, but it would take a truly sharp eye for anyone to notice it. Not even Eri did, most of the time.

She took the bread with a nod. Internally, she felt a little safer with bread than she had with the cows, and their "milk". She knew what it tasted like. She took a bite, looking for anything out of the ordinary, and nothing seemed to jump to her taste buds. It was also perfect for her empty stomach.

"I don't blame him for it, honestly. We didn't really do good on his payment." she said in between bites. "But...thank you, for helping Eri. We don't get that a lot."

Her ears perked up at the word "Profession," however. "So, what's this about a 'Board of Profession', exactly?"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyTue May 21, 2019 1:06 am

"I'm curious about it too." While Zoe ate, Eri started to grab their things, the few they had. "You mentioned we could find a job there..."
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyTue May 21, 2019 5:05 am

"Well dear. It isn't specifically looking for a job in the Board. It is more like having your skills, talents, and abilities matched up with the needs of someone else." Vienna paused as she recalls something. "At least that what it was like when I was there. There has been a management change months ago. It should be the same as before." She held the basket to Eri if she wanted some more bread.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyTue May 21, 2019 5:09 am

Abilities matched up with the need of someone else... Those words stuck in Eri's mind, the kitsune's gaze turned towards Zoe. "Z-Zoe... Maybe... Maybe I can find someone there to help me with my powers..." At the invitation, Eri looked back at the old lady. "I-I'm fine, thanks for offering, Ms.Costa." She refused the bread with a gentle smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyTue May 21, 2019 11:27 am

Her mind was racing as the woman described this "board" to the two of them. Matching abilities to those that need them...she could only imagine how helpful something like this would be. Maybe she could use it to find actual work..or may-

"Maybe I can find someone there to help me with my powers..." snapped her out of her thoughts, mirroring her own. This would be their best chance.

"We'd still need money to afford something like that, Eri. I can't imagine something like that would come cheap." Still, this board presented an opportunity for the two of them. It could give the two of them some actual work, and could lead the both of them to what they were looking for at the same time.

"Miss Costa, would you mind showing us this board? This might be what we've both been looking for!"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyTue May 21, 2019 7:24 pm

"But of course, dearie.  Right this way."  Vienna turned around and walks towards a direction, her leisurely pace makes it easy for the kitsune couple to keep up with her pace.  On the way, the two stranger would notice that the city seemed to hold a good amount of activity.  To their left were a few theatres, a bowling alley, several restaurants, and more than a few libraries.  To their right is a rather large town square park where many people were bicycling, jogging, reading, or just relaxing.

"So if I may ask, what is it you are looking for in Alexandria?"  Vienna's voice broke the reverie of the city ask she asked both of them.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyWed May 22, 2019 1:50 am

The amount of activity in the city is something that always surprised Eri, it was so full of life, many sounds of the people doing different activities, it was amazing. At the woman's question, Eri looked at Zoe and then back at the woman. "W-Well... I... I have these powers and... W-We are looking for someone who could... Teach me how to use them... S-Soul powers..." She had to find someone, it was a matter of time before she had another breakdown, she didn't want to hurt anyone, she had to learn how to control these powers before it was too late.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyWed May 22, 2019 11:56 am

As she walked through the town with the old woman, she took note of everything she could. This Alexandria was the first place she had seen that reminded her of back home. The buildings were massive, and everything was bustling. With every large complex, however, had a seedy underbelly, but it felt...different, here. More pure? Less that said underbelly ran things, at least. She could notice little differences than from similar places back home, like a significant lack of guards, and it felt less like they were being watched than usual.

At her question, she noticed Eri look over at her in concern. More than likely, she was worried on whether it was alright to tell her about their real purpose. She nodded, since at this point it wouldn't hurt, and it was one of the big reasons we wanted to see this board in the first place.

"That, and we're trying to start fresh." Zoe added after she finished. "Don't really have a lot to our name right now, so anything we can use to get started would be a big deal for us."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyWed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm

"Soul? That is not a common ability around here." Vienna murmured, sounding rather inquisitive of the red-haired fox. "It seems young one, that you not only need a job, but you also need a mentor as well." For a brief moment, she looked less like a warm loving grandmother and more of an experienced official. Then that persona disappeared before the elderly looks returned. "While it is not impossible to have you have both, let us take one step at a time."

Vienna noted a look of worry on Zoe's expression when the young fox looked at her partner. "Do not worry, Zoe dear. She will not be stigmatized. In fact, her honesty and desire are what she may need to learn." She said assuringly.

Not less than 5 minutes later, they arrived in a rather unique looking building. It was rather tall compare to some of the building around it, standing at a height of 100 meters. However, what makes it rather unique is that instead of a straight vertical rectangular shape like the other building, it was circular horizontally and slightly twisting vertically with junctions along the bottom of the building. In addition, the walls were brown and had a particular pattern growing upward. It was as if the building itself looked almost like a giant tree.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyWed May 22, 2019 7:29 pm

A mentor...that was a good way to put it. She needed a teacher, someone that could guide her to use her abilities in a way that didn't frighten her, and allowed her to keep it under control. She was always so horrified of having another episode, one that might end up hurting someone.

She noticed the woman had something of a sagely air to her while she described this. It only lasted for a short moment, but she was sure of it: This woman was much more than she let on to be. Earlier she had mentioned being some kind of supervisor for the board, at one point. She might have to keep an eye on this woman.

Zoe looked back at the woman while she talked to her directly. It was as if she read her like a book. It was enough to catch her off guard, and all she could do in return was a sheepish nod. That was more than a little unnerving, having her thoughts be so open like that.

It wasn't long until they arrived at what they could only assume was the place. The building stood out even among the rest of the city, being extremely tall and could only be described as...odd. The twisting archeticure and there were strange patterns all across the building. "So...this is the place...huh?" She said, cocking her head to the side as she got a good view of the building, one ear twitching a little.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano EmptyThu May 23, 2019 1:23 am

"A mentor?" A mentor, that was a good idea, someone to guide her and teach her, that was what she needed. "I-I'll do my best to find one." Eri nodded and smiled. Then she saw the impressive building in front of them, she had never seen something like that. "W-Wow..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mens Sana in Corpore Sano   Mens Sana in Corpore Sano Empty

Back to top Go down

Mens Sana in Corpore Sano
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Upon her lips :: Original Content :: RPs-
Jump to: