Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Driver

Go down 
+3
rb9
Mkmd13
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Star Driver 1281479850812

Shinada Benio. Code Named "Scarlet Kiss." If my rusty Japanese is any good, it looks like the last sentence says her kiss manipulates people. The show doesn't start until October though so it'll be awhile before we find out. Incidentally, the Queen's Blade OVA featuring Airi will also come out in October, so October is looking like a fun month.

The wait is going to kill me...

EDIT: Clearly indicated her kiss allows her to manipulate a person.

Last edited by Admin on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://uponherlips.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:50 pm

So... the first trailer came out, and while nothing is explicitly shown it seems something is hinted at. Plus there's a translated brochure going around that confirms my half-guessed translation, so it's only a matter of waiting until Oct. 3rd for the show to start, although the first manga chapter is out now (but I can't find any scans) and that might allow us to get an early sneak peek.

EDIT: It airs one week earlier than I expected. October 3rd. Also I found a few manga pages but not the entire chapter yet...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Good news! I found the manga here

Bad news... it doesn't show Benio doing anything (but talking), but...

Good news! Another chapter will be out next week!

Bad news... it will probably be another week before the chapter shows up on gangan's official site.

Worst news... there's no guarantee it'll be there at all, but...

Hopeful news. A few scans popped up before the first chapter was uploaded, so maybe a few relevant scans will show up soon.

If not... it's just two more weeks until the show airs, so I could just wait.

Now if you're wondering why I'm so excited for this show there are two reasons.
1) This show seems to be getting a lot of hype, which means if it's popular enough it will be easier to request similar material. I'll admit this could be a stretch, but I have a few schemes cooking already...

and 2) Assuming the show is as popular as it seems, the potential for doujins will be huge. I don't know about you, but I've barely, if ever, seen any good doujins for Veze, or Kurumi (from Needless) or Female Saji (from Ikkitousen) that make use of their MC Kiss, but the possibilities for Benio could be interesting... then again, given Japan's reputation with doujins I'm guessing we'll see alot of her being tied and gangraped. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

One final note before I end this rant, does anyone here not care for Benio's design? She's got that body of a child (despite being among the oldest students in the show) but her face is kinda cute, especially with the mask.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:53 pm

I dont like the mask myself but I do like the child look to her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 am

Star Driver 1286112002341.th

From the preview at the end of the first episode. In other words, next episode should be good. Hopefully...
Back to top Go down
rb9

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:52 am

Admin wrote:
Good news! I found the manga here

Bad news... it doesn't show Benio doing anything (but talking), but...

Good news! Another chapter will be out next week!

Bad news... it will probably be another week before the chapter shows up on gangan's official site.

Worst news... there's no guarantee it'll be there at all, but...

Hopeful news. A few scans popped up before the first chapter was uploaded, so maybe a few relevant scans will show up soon.

If not... it's just two more weeks until the show airs, so I could just wait.

Now if you're wondering why I'm so excited for this show there are two reasons.
1) This show seems to be getting a lot of hype, which means if it's popular enough it will be easier to request similar material. I'll admit this could be a stretch, but I have a few schemes cooking already...

and 2) Assuming the show is as popular as it seems, the potential for doujins will be huge. I don't know about you, but I've barely, if ever, seen any good doujins for Veze, or Kurumi (from Needless) or Female Saji (from Ikkitousen) that make use of their MC Kiss, but the possibilities for Benio could be interesting... then again, given Japan's reputation with doujins I'm guessing we'll see alot of her being tied and gangraped. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

One final note before I end this rant, does anyone here not care for Benio's design? She's got that body of a child (despite being among the oldest students in the show) but her face is kinda cute, especially with the mask.

the doll has a discount

that's good!

the doll is cursed

that's bad.

but it comes with a free frogurt!

that's good!

the frogurt is also cursed

that's bad

but it comes with sprinkles!

that's good!

the sprinkles have [insert long chemical here] in them

that's bad
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Hahaha, nice. xD
Back to top Go down
bouncer44se

bouncer44se

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:33 pm

just an update, they showed episode 2 of star driver and has the her kissing a guy and using her special power on him, they even expalin what happens when she kiss a male. i too lazy to post the clip myself but if you to gogoanime.com its one the site and subbed in english.

oh one more thing
there is another female character who is kinda hinted to have a kiss act as well in the episode

green haired girl who was kissing a total stranger in threw glass... watch and see
Back to top Go down
BlackLips

BlackLips

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:27 am

damn it bouncer at least you can tell us the exact time when the kiss occurs in the clip, now i have to watch the whole thing cuz i cant find the kiss from the "green hair girl"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Kiss from the green hair girl is in the beginning:
Star Driver 1286697670380.th
Star Driver 1286697700746.th

And it sorta doesn't count since a) There's a glass window between her and the stranger and b) It sets up and foreshadows the jokes/metaphors/"real" kiss later in the episode. I don't think her power has anything to do with kissing, but we'll see...

And just as bouncer said, it's better to just watch Benio's kiss within the episode than to make a clip out of it since the kiss itself doesn't really indicate anything happen and if they didn't flat out say her kiss allows her to control people's mind you would think the only reason he's following her "commands" is because she's the first girl who ever slept with him. She did say she'd avenge him though, so let's see if she does it again.

The kiss itself was well animated though. I'm trying to find a gif, but worst case scenario I'll have to make one myself.
Back to top Go down
kissfan

kissfan

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Star Driver Gg_Star_Driver_-_02_5F1397A4mkv_snapshot_1227_20101012_181356
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

Star Driver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Driver   Star Driver EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Enough said there. xD