Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Queen of Hearts

Go down 
+4
forest Assasin
Lilytrice
SnuggleBun
NShep
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NShep

NShep

The Queen of Hearts Empty
PostSubject: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 9:38 am

See below posts for the most recent moveset.

Appearance:

Description: The Queen of Hearts (QoH/The Queen) is one part magician, one part wrestler, all parts boisterous bunny. She uses her array of magic tricks, along with her impressive size, to grab onto opponents and bring them close to her. From there, she can squeeze and kiss them into submission. She is highly confident and excessively flirty, sometimes to her own detriment. Despite this, she's not one to be taken lightly. Just hope that luck goes in your favor and not hers.

Moves:

[Passive] Hat Trick: At the start of each turn, The Queen performs 3 rolls. The first roll determines whether her passive activates fully (multiples of 5 succeed, all others fail). The second roll determines which of 3 items she receives from her hat (1-33 -> Playing Cards; 34 - 67 -> Silk Handkerchiefs; 68 - 99 -> Sticky Gloss; 100 -> None). The third roll is standard and determines bonus stamina healed or taken (-3; 0; 0; 3).
  • Playing Cards: The Queen pulls out a deck of cards, giving her 3 Card Charges to use Card Toss (1 charge) or Card Trap (3 charges).
  • Silk Handkerchiefs: The Queen pulls out a chain of silk handkerchiefs tied together, giving her 3 Rope Charges to use Roped In (1 charge).
  • Sticky Gloss: The Queen's next 3 kiss based attacks leave a Mark (2 marks on Crit Success) that deal 1 damage per turn. The opponent can expend a turn to wipe off all accumulated Marks with Auto Success.

Card and Rope Charges are expended regardless of whether a move is successful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card Toss: The Queen throws out 3 cards at the opponent. Each card deals 1 damage on a successful hit, or 2 damage on a Crit Success.

Card Trap: The Queen magically enlarges 3 playing cards and drops them down as a set of walls surrounding the opponent. Her next successful attack rolls to deal damage a second time.

Roped In: The Queen throws her handkerchief rope out, wrapping it around the opponent. At the start of the next 3 turns, she pulls them in closer to her. Both she and the opponent can use their moves freely, or the opponent can expend a turn to roll and attempt an escape. After the third turn, she grabs the opponent, dealing 3 damage and Binding them.

Blowing A Kiss: The Queen kisses her palm, creating a floating pair of lips in her image and blowing it toward the opponent. When they hit, it feels just like a real kiss from her, dealing 3 damage.

SMOOCH!: The Queen goes in for a direct and forceful kiss. She deals 5 damage, but rolls at Disadvantage if her opponent is not Bound or held by Roped In or Card Trap.

Red And Black In The Face: The Queen plants a kiss on each cheek. Each kiss deals 2 damage.

Soothing Whispers: The Queen makes use of hypnotic suggestion, encouraging the opponent to let up their attacks. Crit Failures cause her to become Off-Balance. Successes Fascinate, and Crit Successes Stun.

Bow To Me: The Queen throws herself at the opponent, attempting to crush them under her weight. If she is successful, she deals 3 damage and Downs the opponent. If she misses, she takes 1 damage instead from hitting the floor.

[Finisher] Worship The Queen: Once the opponent is weak, The Queen of Hearts goes in for her finishing move. She scoops them up and smothers their face against her body. After holding them there for a while, she pulls them out and holds them at eye level. When they open their mouth to take a breath, she traps them in a dominating kiss on their lips, only stopping when they are right on the verge of passing out. She then hoists up her defeated opponent as a kiss-marked trophy to show off. Instant KO. Can be attempted one time when the opponent falls to 5 Willpower or below. Rolls with Disadvantage unless the opponent has a status effect applied, or is held by Roped In or Card Trap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Closing: This is my first attempt at creating a combat oriented RP character, albeit with a pre-existing OC. I read through a lot of character entries and RPs before coming up with a set of moves to give QoH, and I was really blown away by the detail and quality in many of them. Any feedback or suggestions are gladly welcomed, as I want my first attempt to be a learning experience. I tried to focus in on balancing the high-risk, high-reward aspect of her move set without making either direction too overpowered. I also chose to bold key words to help make skimming through the effects easier, but let me know if it ended up being excessive.

Last edited by NShep on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/nshep98/
SnuggleBun

SnuggleBun

Location : Wrapped tight and snuggled up in a snake's adoring coils~

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:11 am

She looks like a super fun character! The bolding helps make things readable, so I'd say keep it!

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilytrice

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:13 am

this is a great creation! if you want you can rp with my ninja and test her out, its always best to test them to see if you need to change something

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
NShep

NShep

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:17 am

Lilytrice wrote:
this is a great creation! if you want you can rp with my ninja and test her out, its always best to test them to see if you need to change something

That would be really helpful, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lilytrice

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 10:46 am

of course! just lemme know when you wanna do it and im down Very Happy

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 11:15 am

I would like to test her to against my heroe

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSRqWpWPzE -Glen and Prowd Them
NShep

NShep

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 11:49 am

forest Assasin wrote:
I would like to test her to against my heroe

Absolutely
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:24 pm

Ohhhh nice to see one of your gals here, Shep! Wonder if you'll add your skunk sisters in here too?

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
herwillingslave

herwillingslave

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:38 pm

Salos would love to face her sometime.

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
NShep

NShep

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:36 am

A while back, I found myself getting very burnt out of running RPs with this character. I realized that, while I liked the concept of good or bad luck playing a role in her combat style, she felt just okay when her luck was good, and overly punishing when her luck was bad. There were also a few areas where bad luck was skewed to happen too often. I'm making some changes to hopefully balance her out better and make her fun to play as again.

New moves are denoted with an asterisk*. Changes are underlined. Removals are struck through

Moves:

[Passive] Hat Trick: At the start of each turn, The Queen performs 3 rolls.

The first roll determines whether her passive activates fully (multiples of 5 succeed, all others fail).

The second roll determines which of 3 items she receives from her hat (1-33 -> Playing Cards; 34 - 67 -> Silk Handkerchiefs; 68 - 99 -> Sticky Gloss; 100 -> All).

The third roll is standard and determines bonus stamina healed or taken (0; 0; 2; 4).

Playing Cards: The Queen pulls out a deck of cards, giving her 3 Card Charges to use Card Toss (1 charge) or Card Trap (3 charges).

Silk Handkerchiefs: The Queen pulls out a chain of silk handkerchiefs tied together, giving her 3 Rope Charges to use Roped In (1 charge).

Sticky Gloss: The Queen's next 3 kiss based attacks leave a Mark (2 marks on Crit Success) that deal 1 damage per turn. The opponent can expend a turn to wipe off all accumulated Marks with Auto Success.

Card and Rope Charges are expended regardless of whether a move is successful.

Card Toss: The Queen throws out 3 cards at the opponent. Each card deals 1 damage on a successful hit, or 2 damage on a Crit Success. A miss will use up a Card Charge.

Card Trap: The Queen magically enlarges 3 playing cards and drops them down as a set of walls surrounding the opponent for the next 3 turns. Her first successful attack in this period rolls to deal damage a second time. Some moves are enhanced while Card Trap is active. A miss will not expend any Card Charges.

Roped In: The Queen throws her handkerchief rope out, wrapping it around the opponent. At the start of the next 3 turns, she pulls them in closer to her. The opponent rolls with Disadvantage while wrapped, but can expend a turn to do a standard roll and attempt an escape. If successful, they may declare a move that turn. After the third pull, she grabs the opponent, dealing 3 damage and Binding them, but removing the Disadvantage. A miss will still use up a Rope Charge.

Blowing A Kiss: The Queen kisses her palm, creating a floating pair of lips in her image and blowing it toward the opponent. When they hit, it feels just like a real kiss from her, dealing 3 damage.

SMOOCH!: The Queen goes in for a direct and forceful kiss. She deals 3 damage and rolls with Advantage if her opponent is Bound or held by Roped In or Card Trap.

Red And Black In The Face: The Queen plants two kisses, one on each cheek. Each kiss rolls separately and deals 2 damage.

Pepper Shaker*: The Queen uses her body weight to hold her target in place as she blasts any exposed skin with kisses. Roll until a Failure. The first Success deals 1 damage. Each consecutive Success deals 1 more damage than the last.

Soothing Whispers: The Queen makes use of hypnotic suggestion, encouraging the opponent to let up their attacks. Successes Fascinate, and Crit Successes Stun.

Hands Off*: The Queen lets out a menacing shout laced with hypnotism to keep her opponent at bay. Deal 1 damage and cancel the target’s current turn. The target may not initiate a damaging move next turn.

Bow To Me: The Queen throws herself at the opponent, attempting to crush them under her weight. If she is successful, she deals 3 damage and Downs the opponent. If she misses, she takes 2 damage instead as she hits the floor.

Pressing Matters*: The Queen takes advantage of her opponent’s vulnerable position, smothering them with a body part of her choice. Deals 3 damage. Only usable on opponents who are Downed, Bound, or while Card Trap is active.

Shameless Fanservice*: The Queen shows off her body to her opponent and/or the crowd. Her teasing is a distraction, but her own vanity leaves her vulnerable. For the next 3 turns, give and receive 2 extra damage.

Meat Shield*: The Queen uses the denser parts of her body to block the next incoming attack. Successes let her take 50% reduced damage, or no damage on Crit Success. Crit Failures make her take 50% increased damage. Round down if needed.

[Finisher] Worship The Queen: Once the opponent is weak, The Queen of Hearts goes in for her finishing move. She scoops them up and smothers their face against her body. After holding them there for a while, she pulls them out and holds them at eye level. When they open their mouth to take a breath, she traps them in a dominating kiss on their lips, only stopping when they are right on the verge of passing out. She then hoists up her defeated opponent as a kiss-marked trophy to show off. Instant KO. Can be attempted one time when the opponent falls to 3 Willpower or below. Rolls with Advantage if the opponent has a status effect applied, or is held by Roped In or Card Trap.

Last edited by NShep on Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AggronStrong

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:41 am

From my perspective, the Queen of Hearts is really fun, and the moves you added really help round out her kit. But, I feel her damage is just incredibly high. 5 damage on Smooch, a 3 damage Bind, a double hit 2 damage attack. It's not only a bit imbalanced, but it can also lead to her fights ending very quickly. In fact, the new moves you added are actually very well balanced, while some of the older ones might need to be toned down a bit.
Back to top Go down
NShep

NShep

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:54 am

AggronStrong wrote:
From my perspective, the Queen of Hearts is really fun, and the moves you added really help round out her kit. But, I feel her damage is just incredibly high. 5 damage on Smooch, a 3 damage Bind, a double hit 2 damage attack. It's not only a bit imbalanced, but it can also lead to her fights ending very quickly. In fact, the new moves you added are actually very well balanced, while some of the older ones might need to be toned down a bit.

I can see your point. I intended for SMOOCH! to be her hard hitting move, but I think the Advantage and potential sources of bonus damage are enough to scale it back.

I feel okay leaving Roped In alone since there's such a long lead up time (passive + successful roll + 3 turns) before the damage comes through.

The double hit from RABITF is supposed to be two separate rolls, so I'll take another pass through to check for other unclear wording.
Back to top Go down
Ivory_the_chocobo

Ivory_the_chocobo

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:56 am

i'd love for Ivory to go up against her. she seems like a very fun opponent ^v^
Back to top Go down
AggronStrong

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 11:59 am

NShep wrote:
AggronStrong wrote:

I can see your point. I intended for SMOOCH! to be her hard hitting move, but I think the Advantage and potential sources of bonus damage are enough to scale it back.

I feel okay leaving Roped In alone since there's such a long lead up time (passive + successful roll + 3 turns) before the damage comes through.

The double hit from RABITF is supposed to be two separate rolls, so I'll take another pass through to check for other unclear wording.

Oh, I'm clear on RABITF, don't worry. And, I agree with you on Roped In, too. It's mostly her more basic attacks from the original incarnation that hit a bit too hard, and maybe Pepper Shaker. Personally, when I design a move that does 3 damage, it either has some condition or drawback, or it has limited extra benefits. Still, I don't want to rag on your creation too hard, she's great. I love te additions you made. If I weren't in so many RPs right now I'd offer to be a test dummy for her new iteration.

NShep likes this post

Back to top Go down
NShep

NShep

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts EmptyFri Jan 26, 2024 4:01 pm

Apologies for abandoning this thread/ongoing RPs (coincidentally exactly 1 year since the last post). If I do return to RPs with QoH, I think I would prefer to start fresh with any I left in the middle. DMs are welcomed and I promise I will get back to them in a timely manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of Hearts   The Queen of Hearts Empty

Back to top Go down

The Queen of Hearts
Page 1 of 1