Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!

Go down 
+14
Badoxe
anon64
Yuna
Lightshock16
joakinter
tsurugikage
unknownwatcher
SomeGuy
VulcanS
guametsunami
hertzez
LipsInfinity
Eredin
Carthac
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carthac

Carthac

The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! Empty
PostSubject: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 9:03 am

The Way Home

Author’s Note: Hey, Serraxas here. Clicking the Send button for something like this is surprisingly scary. Anyway, this is going to be my first pop at running an erotic RP- if enough of you like the sound of the idea to make it worthwhile, that is- so please don’t hold back on critique (unless you’re going to be a gaping arsehole about it).
I cobbled together the concept from several sources- Argaz’s Lucky 7 Labyrinth RP, Lisa: The Painful RPG, Darkest Dungeon… the list goes on. I’m HOPING to turn this into one of the more brutal/realistic takes on your typical “crawler” RPG, but time will tell if this turns to gold or horseshit when I touch it.

Concept

A reverse dungeon crawl- the last lucid survivors of a raid gone wrong find a way out of their cells and try to get back to the surface with their minds intact. Needless to say, it’s easier said than done, especially when the whole place is crawling with midara trying to turn them into their personal playthings.

You’ve got two options to get you through the ten floors of hell that await, apart from stepping back into your cell and accepting your fate of being turned into a midara’s brainwashed pet, like so many others before you. Embrace safety in numbers, allowing you to share manpower and resources at the risk of presenting a bigger target, or to strike out on your own, escaping notice at the price of only having your own supplies and wits to rely on.

Distinguishing Ideas

Flight, Not Fight

Trying to fight your way out is probably a shitty idea- remember that you start on the final floor and work your way up.

YOUR GEAR IS GONE.
YOU ARE STILL WEAK FROM YOUR DEFEAT.
EVERYTHING ON THE FIRST FEW FLOORS CAN AND WILL HAND YOU YOUR ARSE ON A PLATTER IF YOU GET CAUGHT.

If you get caught.

Guile and low cunning will help you more than strength and bravery, and running like hell in the face of danger isn’t just cowardice- it’s a valuable survival tactic, too. The mission you got sent here for is a lost cause- right now, you need to get the hell out of dodge.

The Bare Necessities

No matter how hard you try, the escape attempt is going to leave a mark on you, both physically and mentally. You need food. You need drink. You need sleep. This dungeon got filed under the Expedition category back at the Adventurer’s Guild for a reason- you’re not getting out of this fucker overnight.
Food and drink can be obtained in several ways- looted, or found on unconscious midara (other parties are passing through at the same time as you, you know), bartered for with either fellow adventurers or the dungeon’s mysterious shopkeeper or, for the true bastard/desperate (wo)man, torn from the packs of the adventurers mentioned previously after subjecting them to a good old-fashioned mugging.

Neglect your basic necessities, and you might find yourself too weak to fight or run in a pinch- or even seeking out the nearest midara in the hopes that they’ll take pity on you and share what they have. They probably will, mind you, but the concept of something for nothing is not a popular one among midara, and you’ll often be expected to pay them back with interest...

Making sure you get your forty winks on a regular basis is also going to be a concern. No conveniently-located inns down here, sonny-jim. If you have enough fuel on you, you can get a fire going before setting your head down on a comfortable-looking rock to stop you from freezing overnight. It’s a double-edged sword, though- you’ll stay warm, but the light will probably attract visitors- whether they’re fellow travellers willing to split what they have for a place to bed down, or a pack of randy midara on the prowl is pretty much down to the luck of the draw.

Besides, someone’s going to have to take watch duty to spot trouble coming in time for everyone to either arm up or grab everything and run. "Fair enough." I hear you say, but it means that someone’s going to have to go without sleep, running the risk of them dozing off at an awkward moment if you put Seamus McHealSpammer on watch one time too many...

So, You've Got A Stalker

Midara are scary in a straight (or lesbian, or bisexual- they generally aren’t picky. Generally. More on that below) fight, yes, but that’s not where their REAL power lies. As you get into close encounters of the lewd kind with these mysterious beings, they start to leave their mark on your mind. You don’t necessarily have to be physically touched by them for it to affect you- think of a weak aura of pheromones surrounding them. You thinking of that? Yeah? Good. Now multiply that potency by ten and slap sexy lingerie on it, and you’re a bit closer to what it’s actually like being near one. Granted, physical contact is a hell of a lot more effective, but unless you’re REALLY unlucky/stupid/perverted, they shouldn’t be getting close enough to do that, right?

Right?

… *sigh* Moving on. The more you’re exposed to a specific midara, the more they imprint on your brain. It’s pretty harmless at first- maybe you space out for a minute daydreaming about the rack on that minotaur who almost pinned you a floor or two ago. But, as time goes on and you run into her more and more (what, you thought the monsters you escaped from on the previous levels were just going to let you walk away?), thoughts of her start to seep through your mental walls more and more.

Eventually, what was an enjoyable mental exercise becomes a dangerous obsession- not physically dangerous, perhaps, but I’d say failing to spot a trap or losing your mental thread when you’re supposed to be watching over your sleeping comrades because you couldn’t shake the thought of what it’d be like for her to sweep you up in her arms and kiss you passionately, before unbuckling your pants and…

Hm. Yes. What? Oh! Right. Sorry.

Well, I think that demonstrates my point pretty well. And if your mental reserves run COMPLETELY dry, you might end up ditching your escape plan, and possibly your friends- taking your valuable share of the group's supplies with you in the process- to go and seek out your new mistress, bringing your endeavour to an untimely, if not necessarily unhappy, end.

Me again. That's all I've come up with so far. TL,DR version below:

• Escape captivity and find the way home (title drop, GODI'MSUCHANEDGEFAG). Also, instead of going from the top level of the rape factory- uh, dungeon, I said dungeon. YOU HEARD NOTHING. Where was I? Right, instead of going from the top to the bottom, you start on the final floor and you're trying to get back to the entrance, BECAUSE CHANGE IS HEALTHY, GOD DAMN IT.

• Sneaky bastards/smartypantses tend to last longer than Leeroy Jenkins impersonators/folks with the heart of a lion and the brains of a jar of mustard.

• Needs must be attended to- otherwise, badness ensues.

• Sanity meter- if it runs out, your mind snaps like a twig and you go running off to frolic in the wilds with your One True Lo- nah, just kidding, you basically become a midara's pet fucktoy.

• Some kind of Nemesis system, a la Shadow Of Mordor- each floor brings new foes, but certain opponents from previous floors may give chase if they like you enough, singling you out if you're part of a group.

• I swear I left some lewd scenes in here somewhere, they're probably buried under all the concept explanations and shit this idiot left here.

(So, if it sounds any good, let me know and I'll start hashing out some actual game mechanics, opening up spots for people to shove characters into some time after. If this idea sounds bad and you think I should feel bad for crapping this out onto a nice clean RP thread, let me know and I will proceed to commit honourable sudoku.)

Last edited by Serraxas on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Paragraph spacing flipped me the bird.)

LoveHurts likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 10:00 am

Count me in, Serraxas!

Your story has a very interesting premise. I look forward to seeing if it can be resolved.

Back to top Go down
LipsInfinity

LipsInfinity

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:21 am

Sounds interesting. I'm game

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm definitely up for this

Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 4:30 pm

This is too interesting to be not realized. Also from what I see from other RP you're in, you seems to be completely proficient in writing. I'll join right away if you don't mind.

Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm always game my brothas. Sexy ladies and rps? How can ya go wrong?

Back to top Go down
VulcanS

VulcanS

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 8:01 am

My interest has been piqued like a nipple on an iceberg.

Back to top Go down
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 8:03 am

Huh. Two genres I never thought would mix.....but work extremely well.....LE'Z DO EET

Back to top Go down
Badoxe

Badoxe

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Sure.

Back to top Go down
unknownwatcher

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 2:54 pm

sounds intriguing, i'm in.
Back to top Go down
tsurugikage

tsurugikage

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I like the idea. Count me in.

Back to top Go down
joakinter

joakinter

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:54 am

This may as well be the most interesting RP I've ever seen o.o Although I myself don't feel up to the task of joining (not a lot of experience points, some personal shit going on right now, etc), I feel this might be a goldmine. to watch unfold. It's a new concept, using original ideas but also mixing some other, say, "used" ones, into this magnificent coctail.
Even though it's not been yet created, by the mere way you presented it (and man you made me laugh a lot some times) I can already see it's got great potential.

Back to top Go down
Lightshock16

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Sound's very interesting indeed. I'm definitely up for it. Smile

Back to top Go down
Carthac

Carthac

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:29 am

Hey, everyone, it's me again.

Just bumping to say that I haven't forgotten about this thread, and have been spending some time trying to hash out mechanics, but, well... honestly, trying to set this kind of thing up is harder than it looks. Any of you who've tried running a large-scale RP probably know what I'm getting at (Argaz, I'm looking at you).

Let me just throw it out there now and say that I'm not planning on dumping this idea, but it's going to take some doing to turn it into something workable ("biting off more than you can chew" may be an apt summary here). For now, it's probably going to have to go on the backburner, at least until I come up with a doable game system and get my own writing skills down pat- when this does eventually happen, I'd like to be able to give it my best literary shot.

If any of you have any ideas to share or (preferably experience-based) advice for building this kind of thing, by all means continue to use this thread as a Public Brainfarting Area.

Summing up, though, this RP probably isn't happening for a while, and for that I apologise- I hate it when projects I take an interest in end up going dormant, too.

Yours sincerely,
That Lazy Bastard Who Swans Around Calling Himself Serraxas

Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 4:55 am

Serraxas wrote:

• Sneaky bastards/smartypantses tend to last longer than Leeroy Jenkins impersonators/folks with the heart of a lion and the brains of a jar of mustard.

im doomed
Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Yo I dunno if this is a good idea but to me it sounds like d&d with midara cause of all the freedom and creativity and stuff. If that's the case we could make character sheets or something.

You could always use the ability stats from d&d and put in the extra stuff like sanity and nemesis

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:05 am

DND with Midara would be great

Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:25 am

I think a good way to do it is just do it anyway even without set rules, making up the scenario, choices, and consequences however you want. You can add or refine the rules later on as you see fit, and I think that's actually the case with most RPs here. Razz

From what I see, the most complex one is the survival thingies, boy, too much parameters, and you have to monitor all of those parameters constantly. The only thing I can suggest for that is to look up for references in other RPG games. I dunno much, but this reminds me of Nukuv's Flexible Survival game, it has hunger, thirst, as well sanity.

Btw agreed with metsu and anon. Razz

Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 9:41 am

I can help you manage the back end stuff if you like. I suggest we proceed without the burdens of stats and whatnot. We can still have battles but we can make them quick and decisive with only a few blows deciding the outcome similar to real life. I believe your objective is to tell a story here is it not? We can easily accommodate the elements of your story no problem; simply each day the adventurers don't eat, sleep or drink it will negatively affect the outcomes of their battles. When characters do get reverse raped it brings them closer to giving up or flipping sides. We can have a nemesis' no problem too, just ask what people want to see chasing them all the time and do it. PM me, Serraxas if you like where this is going and we can hash some more stuff out.

Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:10 am

Well the main thing in d&d is the story an stuff. I'm not saying we use every stat/prof. or anything but at least the basics
Back to top Go down
Badoxe

Badoxe

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:53 pm

guametsunami wrote:
Well the main thing in d&d is the story an stuff. I'm not saying we use every stat/prof. or anything but at least the basics

I do have to agree with this. Making an overly complicated D&D copy is, frankly, going to take way too long and feels unnecessary. Just the basics with a few tweaks will do the trick just fine, for what we want.

Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:28 pm

There's going to be a tension between story and mechanics, as the others have said. But on the other hand, a comprehensive system can make it easier for people to DM who otherwise don't feel they have the inspiration to do so.

Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Yo any updates on this? It'd be awesome to start this sometime soon

Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 10:41 pm

I know I'm late to the party on this, but this sounds like an awesome idea. It could be a simplified d&d with just stats and maybe each character can have one or two specialty perks that suits them, like for example, a thief may be especially good at tightrope walking while a warrior might be able to run faster and escape an enemy. It doesn't have to be complicated. You could also go off the characters already built for say the Lucky Seven Labyrinth RP, or at least that format.

Also, one thing that I've noticed that slows down RPs is having too many people at one time, so you could have a limit to a party, like maybe 4 or 5, and play it until every player is seduced/loses. Maybe a character that loses can return to the party at a later time except having a penalty, like less willpower or a crush on the midara that seduced them, making it difficult to face her again if she returns.

Just a few ideas to think about. Hope this helped. I dunno if this idea is still even on the table, but I'd really like to see it tried. It's a cool premise.

Back to top Go down
LoveHurts

LoveHurts

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 6:47 pm

This post has single-handedly gotten me to want to try tabletop gaming again. I have been coming back to this thread off and on using it as a reference for an rp scenario to try. I just now created an account on here to say thank you for posting this and I hope you will come back to it soon.

forest Assasin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!   The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Way Home- The Reverse Dungeon Crawler!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next