Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Implicit vs Explicit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ObserversAnonymous

Implicit vs Explicit Empty
PostSubject: Implicit vs Explicit   Implicit vs Explicit EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

Now this may seem like a bizarre question but it's one that I've never the less found myself pondering. Since my days at high school it always seemed to be the general consensus (among peers and much of the media) that women's sexiness is directly proportional to the amount of skin shown, how much booty shaking is occurring and how wide their legs are stretched. I see it everywhere, in films, music videos, games and advertising and I often end up finding it obnoxious or fascinating in a macabre way rather than sexually appealing.

I find a woman far more attractive in a knee length summer or cocktail dress, with a reasonably modest neckline, than in a string bare Bikini or micro shorts and a crop top. Heck even when wearing a full length ballgown I often find them more appealing. Lingerie can be incredibly alluring to me but only if it at least looks as though it can actually function as clothes rather than breast ornaments.

It's clear to me that I often prefer implied sexuality to more explicit displays, which I tend to find plain obnoxious (although that may come from my comparatively prudish upbringing). I was just wondering whether I'm in the minority in this way of thinking or whether anyone else agrees?
Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

PostSubject: Re: Implicit vs Explicit   Implicit vs Explicit EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 4:30 pm

for me it's situational of course there are lines on both side I rather not cross.
Back to top Go down
ObserversAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: Implicit vs Explicit   Implicit vs Explicit EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Of course, context is indeed the key to this whole thing... and in my question I forget to provide it. I'm an idiot!

My point was essentially a thinly veiled rant about my impression that the modern media (not all of it but a lot) seems to have lost any sense of subtlety or context when it comes to sex or sex appeal. Perhaps it was simply that the media was rather prudish about it before, but this clearly forced them to consider context more carefully and things were far more often implied than specifically stated. I may be completely wrong and it may have always been this way but it seems in more recent years the music and film industries not only seem to be run primarily for teenagers, but also by teenagers who think that a scantily clad woman twerking or showing their tits for little to no reason is the height of sexiness.

Sorry about that rant and likely wasting your time. I'm just a massive music and film fan, who's been left wondering, where has subtlety and class gone? Has it gone at all or am I just not seeing it? Was it ever there to begin with? Or am I just prudish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Implicit vs Explicit   Implicit vs Explicit Empty

Back to top Go down

Implicit vs Explicit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Upon her lips :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic Discussion-
Jump to: