Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Revised RP System

Go down 
5 posters

Do you prefer this system, or the old one?
Old system
Revised RP System Vote_lcap17%Revised RP System Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
This system
Revised RP System Vote_lcap83%Revised RP System Vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 12:20 pm

In my earnest effort to do something while waiting for role-plays to be answered, I've been going through the rp section and noticed a few things that ought to be done. Chief among them, I noticed that the current rp system has a rather wordy explanation, a lot of stats that can be considered either "pointless" or "seldom relevant in an rp." The other thing is, it's a bit more complex than any number of us want to really attempt to use. So, I went to work and came up with a more simplified system that I hope people will be on-board for. With permission from Mkmd13, I am posting a link to the system and opening up a thread to discuss and vote on whether you guys prefer this system or the current one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pn-wxAgZv9cHAjnOqWXRTWEFpuM7rgVGqbGbXbbh-N0/edit

A lot of it is pretty self-explanatory, but I am willing to answer any and all questions if someone isn't sure about how something works.

TAMA's Theme

"I just want to relieve my sexual frustrations. All I feel towards a cat eared high school girl in her underwear... is lust."-Araragi, Koyomi

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jm8p1S8
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 am

It seems pretty dang cool.

I'll have to re-write all the characters I use so they fit in this new system, though...Hrmm.

My laziness hates it. But my RPing side loves it.
Back to top Go down
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 am

AzureTyrant wrote:
It seems pretty dang cool.

I'll have to re-write all the characters I use so they fit in this new system, though...Hrmm.

My laziness hates it. But my RPing side loves it.

If nothing else, it reduces the amount of clutter your profile might have. I've still got to add the leveling system, and ask how people feel about limiting the amount of passive skills a profile can have. Also thinking about building a list of passive skills just to save everyone time and effort. Not sure how people feel about giving up that much control, though. So, let's get these questions answered!

Firstly,

How many battles should be required before a character can level up?

a) 2
b) 4
c) 6
d) 8

Should passive skills be limited?

a) Yes
b) No

Finally, would you prefer a list of passive skills to choose from, or freedom to determine your own skills?

a) Skill List
b) Choose my own skills

TAMA's Theme

"I just want to relieve my sexual frustrations. All I feel towards a cat eared high school girl in her underwear... is lust."-Araragi, Koyomi

Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 6:22 am

Hrmm...I guess....B seems like a solid number.

Yes to limiting Passive Skills(Sorry Geno and Bomberman) just so we don't have people with god tier passives.

And I think choosing one's own skills would be better, though having a list would be nice in case we can't think of one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kissfan

kissfan

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 8:49 am

Do you have a calculator?
Back to top Go down
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 am

kissfan wrote:
Do you have a calculator?

Not sure what the context of your post is.

TAMA's Theme

Back to top Go down
VulcanS

VulcanS

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 1:14 pm

I like this system a lot, actually. And, I think kissfan is asking if you have a dedicated damage calculator or if it’s just DM’s choice. But I wouldn’t mind working with this system at all, honestly. It makes everything a little bit less... nebulous in design.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Ah, okay. The system uses stats to determine damage. Strength/Intelligence determine a Hero's damage (1 point in either is 1 damage apiece, depending on the type of attack) while for Midara it's based on the Charisma stat (same deal here). A lot of the new system simplifies the combat involved in interactions. Another point to bring up, since I'm sure people will ask:

Calculating Hit Chance

The google doc does explain it, but I feel it needs to be elaborated upon. During combat, the DM rolls either the Midara's or the Hero's agility (whoever is attacking) and then adds the percentile of that agility to the roll. Example:

>Glen throws a dagger and rolls a 50
>Glen has an agility of 3, thus he adds 15 to his roll
>Glen's roll is now 65

The same goes for the defending character in this instance. You roll to determine whether they avoid/block and then add whatever their dexterity stat is. Example:

>TAMA rolls a 45 to avoid the dagger
>TAMA has a dexterity of 5, adding 25 to her roll
>TAMA's roll is now 70

In this instance, TAMA successfully avoids the attack since her rolls were superior. I hope this helps explain things a bit better!

TAMA's Theme

Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 7:00 pm

It's a well put together combat system, but I'm probably going to stick with the simpler system regardless.

Revised RP System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revised RP System   Revised RP System Empty

Back to top Go down

Revised RP System
Page 1 of 1