Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

About Discord

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuna

Yuna

About Discord Empty
PostSubject: About Discord   About Discord EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Okay, so, I might not be too active but Im usually watching to some extent, and I feel I should state,

It seems theres a couple of discord servers floating around and unless admin wants to weigh in on things, and it feels like certain people are annoyed by the fact that there are multiple. I probably shouldn't need to state this, but I will anyway. Just incase.

Firstly. There is currently no official UHL discord. If the mods or admins make one, I'll probably delete this topic and make a new one.

Secondly. You are free to make whatever discord community you want, and have it be as open or private and close-knit as you'd like. You might even see me in some of them. However - I am not a moderator in any of these servers. I do not plan to be one either. I might advise the server admins on some things from my personal experience but that does not make me anymore special in those communities than anyone else.

If a problem crops up in a discord. Do not expect me to do anything about it. If a problem crops up on the forums. Report it to me or any other mod and we will look into it.

Finally, I dont want bad blood from the discord servers to spill onto the forums. No ifs, ands, or buts. If they start to become a problem, I will speak with the admin about it and we will act accordingly.

If you feel there should be some competition between discord servers, Dont. Its dumb. All it does is cause drama.

if you feel there should be a central server, Well, quite frankly. I wont be making one personally. If admin does make a server or not, it is his decision.

People should not get their panties in a twist should there be four or five servers floating around the forums. I might be in the camp of wanting a centralized server, but people should also be free to make communities for their smaller or more centralized RP groups aswell.

thanks for coming to my TED talk
Back to top Go down
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

About Discord Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Discord   About Discord EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 am

sighs

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume-from your multiple admissions-that you're not an admin in any capacity. Then, if you are, I'll accept being wrong as a result. However, as we're going on assumptions, I'm gonna jump at it and say, unless you're handling the forums and discords in an official capacity, I'm not sure you're the one to be making big speeches about what should and what shouldn't happen with anything. Again, if I'm wrong, I'll take my lumps in stride.

I'm going address things out of order to get to the root of the issue...

First and foremost, MKMD (the forum admin iirc) is pretty "hands-off" with respect to internal/external forum things outside of the rp section and contributions. When I proposed a change in the rp system, he pretty much gave me free reign and did little to correct or adjust things he saw as possibly problematic. Taking the proposed changes to a poll, I found there was a bit of support in favor of the change. Nothing came about from it despite the bit of discussion that did emerge. My point here is, if you go asking the main admin about things relating to a discord, rules changes, etc, don't expect tons of momentum without encouraging your fellow members to adopt such things for a majority.

Secondly, the original discord existed prior to the new rp discord, and was meant both as an alternative method of communication between forum members, as well as a place to organize for role-playing. The latter function obviously hasn't taken off, and I'll admit my lack of presence and advertising probably resulted in it (mostly) dropping off a lot of radars. Granted, the forums aren't exactly known for their traffic.

Which brings us to our next point. The forums aren't that busy. To compare, Kaa X (before it died multiple dies) saw around mid-level activity. Not a ton of people posting 24/7, but enough that you could back each day and see a new topic, or reply. By comparison, the forums here may see a new reply every other day. Now, statistically, that's not completely accurate, and I'm sure we can do an Alexa search to confirm whether or not this is the case. However, in my experience, there isn't a ton of traffic to and from here. Couple that with the tendency of role-players and content contributors to suddenly vanish or take a leave for any amount of time, and it becomes a question of whether a discord is warranted to begin with.

On the matter of multiple discords:

It's not necessary. Certainly, I can see the appeal of having specialized spaces, and, if someone messaged me on discord and proposed a new channel, I would open it. However, I would also advise persons who want only one partner should probably rp in PM's and leave it at that. You guys want an rp channel, I'll build it.

This isn't even an "us vs them" thing, and I certainly didn't see any of that on the discord when it was brought up. I was a bit antagonistic (and apologized) when someone asked for the link, but that's it. I did, as well, note a similar matter of coincidental timing as an example of when people have ideas that coincide with one of my projects, more as a point to be made that not every idea needs another to accompany it. Call it paranoia, if you want.

Basically, what I saw in opposition of the rp-exclusive channel is that it was pointless since we already have a discord. Whether it's "official" or not is hardly a relevant issue, since mkmd is, as I've already established, fairly "hands-off" with anything that proposes some change or otherwise shift in how the forums work. I think you getting upset over people expressing a view on something and providing their own insight is a bit toxic. Also, with respect to "four or five servers", there is a point where you have to ask yourself when there are too many to keep track of.

A centralized server exists, "official" or not until mkmd or another admin specifies otherwise. A separate rp discord can exist, and I'll never discourage others from accessing it, supporting it, etc. I will, however, ask the very reasonable "why" questions based on what I know about the forums and their activity, and the lack of activity in our current "centralized" discord. You telling us that not only is asking these questions not fair, but then supposing you can dictate how we should react to multiple servers without having any authority anywhere is pretentious arrogance.

Feel free to rebut. I've spoken my piece and have no other horse in this race.

TAMA's Theme

"I just want to relieve my sexual frustrations. All I feel towards a cat eared high school girl in her underwear... is lust."-Araragi, Koyomi

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jm8p1S8
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

About Discord Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Discord   About Discord EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 11:40 am

Quote :
I'm gonna jump at it and say, unless you're handling the forums and discords in an official capacity, I'm not sure you're the one to be making big speeches about what should and what shouldn't happen with anything.
Im a mod on the forums. therefore if a problem crops up from the discords, onto the forums. I will handle it on the forums
I have litterally no idea what this has to do with whether or not I am being an official admin on the discords. If I was an admin on those, I would have to start showing bias for one or the other as an official force.

Quote :
First and foremost, MKMD (the forum admin iirc) is pretty "hands-off" with respect to internal/external forum things outside of the rp section and contributions. When I proposed a change in the rp system, he pretty much gave me free reign and did little to correct or adjust things he saw as possibly problematic. Taking the proposed changes to a poll, I found there was a bit of support in favor of the change. Nothing came about from it despite the bit of discussion that did emerge. My point here is, if you go asking the main admin about things relating to a discord, rules changes, etc, don't expect tons of momentum without encouraging your fellow members to adopt such things for a majority.
An RP system is alot different than people starting shitstorms from Discord. One is just a new way to do things if people really want too. The other is a litteral disruption of peace on the forums.

Quote :
Secondly, the original discord existed prior to the new rp discord, and was meant both as an alternative method of communication between forum members, as well as a place to organize for role-playing. The latter function obviously hasn't taken off, and I'll admit my lack of presence and advertising probably resulted in it (mostly) dropping off a lot of radars. Granted, the forums aren't exactly known for their traffic.
No real comments here being I did at one point make a suggestion on how to improve the channel structure. Idk if you saw it though. It might have been buried in memes. And it was slightly half-assed on my end because I was tired.

more or less it was just small things I noticed like how there was 'technically' an RP channel, but it had like two rules or some nonsense pinned to the channel and nothing else. No setting. No templates. Nothing. It could definitely do with a facelift on your server.

Anyway this does remind me

meme channel

get on that.

Quote :
Which brings us to our next point. The forums aren't that busy. To compare, Kaa X (before it died multiple dies) saw around mid-level activity. Not a ton of people posting 24/7, but enough that you could back each day and see a new topic, or reply. By comparison, the forums here may see a new reply every other day. Now, statistically, that's not completely accurate, and I'm sure we can do an Alexa search to confirm whether or not this is the case. However, in my experience, there isn't a ton of traffic to and from here. Couple that with the tendency of role-players and content contributors to suddenly vanish or take a leave for any amount of time, and it becomes a question of whether a discord is warranted to begin with.
Not alot to comment on here. Whether or not we need a discord is subjective and the activity matters little. Some people like having an easy way to communicate outside of the forums for things like the Mysteries of Daraku, etc. so they made their discord. And frankly it seems to work for them.

Communties dont need to be these massive things with hundreds of people on discord at a time. Infact I prefer smaller, close-knit communities over the bigger ones.

Its a common thing for RPers to form groups of friends or 'cliques' as some call them. and thats fine, aslong as they're accepting of others, or atleast dont create a toxic environment.

I feel if you want to be the 'central server', you should be an active, influential member of the community and make an effort to make that your server. But as said, I dont want it to be seen as a competition.

If you have an issue, simply take a deep breath and talk about it calmly. What was wrong with your server that somone decided to split off? Was it acceptable? Was it an issue on your end, or perhaps simply a different view on things?

The reason I made this post was because I didn't want people to start spilling some stupid drama into the forums simply because there was more than one discord server. And I wanted to warn that, as you put it in regards to MKMD, I will keep a hands off approach to the discords on the server unless my hand is forced.

This is a pretty chill community and I dont want to see it torn down because of somthing as immature as the number of servers.
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

About Discord Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Discord   About Discord EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 3:59 pm

So um
Just for full((and abit late)) disclosure

ninja_named_bob gave me ownership of his server.

no idea why.

I didn't really want it

im hoping this wont be a permenant arrangement

if he wants it back i'll give it back

for now Im just going to go back to not doing much with discord because quite frankly I never asked for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About Discord Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Discord   About Discord Empty

Back to top Go down

About Discord
Page 1 of 1