Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yumi's Training Road II

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizuhashi

Yumi's Training Road II Empty
PostSubject: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm

It has been a few weeks now that she had refined her martial skills to a point that she is at least content with, though it can be further improved. At one point she has challenged Victus to a friendly spar and (barely) was able to defeat him. The hard labor for her sword and hand to hand training was paying off.

However, her understanding of runes came to a wall and stopped. She can be able to invoke the basic runes to imbue them with her ofuda seals to hinder any magic casters, yet she was at a point where she could not develop anything else that is meaningful. She needed Xana's help for this.

Xana's room wasn't too far, only a couple of rooms down. She steps over to the door and gently raps her knuckle against it in a few small knocks that only anyone inside (Xana) or near Yumi would here it.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Xana was looking at an old photo and was lost on her own thoughts, she noticed that, said photo, only had appeared on her room, neither Ix or Dixi's had it, an old family photo...

What brought her back to the real world was a few knocks on her door, she looked at the door, wondering who could be "Come in, the door is open." She said while leaving the photo on her nightstand right next to a cute Anika plushie.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:48 pm

At Xana's instruction, she steps into the room quietly before she moves the door to its original state before she came in. "Hello Xana. I hope that you are well." She hands her hand in front of her with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 3:53 pm

"Oh hi Yumi, yeah I'm doing pretty good, did you need anything?" She asked giving the dancer a welcoming smile.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:01 pm

"I need your help in learning more about runes. It seems that my development for runes has plateau'ed and I have not been able to make much progress beyond the basic ofuda arrows and unchained arrow, which are the basic ones." She produces two arrows from the quiver she is carrying, laying both arrows on an empty table. Each arrow has a simple though original light and dark rune respectively.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Xana decided to examine the arrows closely "Mmm... The pattern is well made, the element has being perfectly shaped for these arrows..." She grabbed them "The balance is pretty well done, all the magic is contained inside of the arrows, no leaks, no cracks..." She then left the arrows on the table "I must say, I'm really impressed with your progress Yumi."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:47 pm

"It helps a lot that your runes are similar to my seals so it is mostly taking note of the changes rather than learning the process from ground up. Sadly my progress has halted as my knowledge of the arcanes is not as proficient and aspect copying can only go so far." She stated sadly as she looks over the arrows.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 pm

"Mmm..." She started to wonder about something "Give me a moment Yumi..." She pulled out a teleportation stone, it was different from the one that the others in the Sanctuary had, as she activated Xana dissapeared.

Five minutes later Xana returned "Sorry for keeping you waiting, I had to convince my boss to let me borrow these books, she was completely immersed in them." She said showing her a few books she brought with her "I will help you improve but this books will come in handy as well, I wrote them myself."
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 9:44 am

Yumi wonder where Xana was disappearing off to before she return before nodding thankfully before she skim through the first few pages from one of the books. The dancer knew Xana was an expert in rune, perhaps the only expert within the region. Yumi in contrast, was learning through observation and experimentation from Xana herself. "Thank you. I will try to make good use of this.

I did note that you have been going out much more often of late. I take it you have found employment with someone or some group?" She inquire while noting that Xana had used the term 'boss'.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 9:58 am

Xana nodded "I have recently joined a group called IDOL, they came to the Sanctuary not long ago, seeking to tend bridges between our groups..." She explained "They picked my curiosity and the more I learned about them, the more curious I was, to the point that I asked them to let me join, I might be able to find some way to deal with the pact and Themis if I stick with them..." She added, letting out a sigh after thinking about the situation that her mother and sister are at "Their primary objective is the seek of knowledge, thing that I pretty much agree with as you all know." She finished with a chuckle.

She took a sit and offered another one to Yumi.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:38 am

"Idol...I wonder what is it they they seek to gain from establishing relations with Sanctuary." She wonders. "While IDOL seem to be a fairly amiable group, they their goal would imply that they wish to learn something or gain something from Sanctuary, though such endeavor seems to be mutually beneficial. At least that is what I hear from Emily of Malasonta."

She accepted the seat as while continuing to converse with Xana. "Has the quest to learn about the pact progressed well for you? I myself am doing research on it, though progress isn't very fast."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 11:54 am

"Well, thanks to a colleage, I been able to find a lead, she knows a lot about these kind of contracts, but..." She explained, indeed, she had been expending a lot of time on the library from IDOL's HQ, she even asked Salem for help, they had managed to find out about some mineral that could hurt gods "We found about this mineral, 'Asgarite', it's supposed to be able to damage gods, with it we could try to defeat Themis, make her leave the mantle of Order but, well, this mineral hasn't been seen for a millenia, it seems to be extinct." She explained.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 12:19 pm

"Leaving the mantle of order. If she were to leave the mantle and someone else takes it up, would they be the same or different from Themis? As for this material, even if it doesn't exist anymore, this is solid proof that they can be overcome in a sense even if make or make no be as straightforward." Yumi does seem relieved from this. "I would like to compare note of our research so that, we both would have a better understanding where each of us fill in knowledge that the other have not touched."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 12:22 pm

"Of course, some other time though, you came today for rune training right?" She asked with a smile on her face, she was happy that Yumi shared her same goal.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Yumi nods to Xana. "Yes I have. I suppose we should focus on that first then." She gestures to her arrows. "The first step for me is mostly from creating these arrows. I myself do not apply runes within combat itself yet. That and my affinity for light and dark seems to be more stronger than my other aspect."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 12:51 pm

"Mmm... I guess I could give you the same lessons Ix has been taking, just like you her afinity for certain runes, on her case the light ones, is a lot stronger than the rest, so for now let's just focus on those two, once you have mastered those two runes we can go and try to make you be able to use the others, what do you say?" She explained.
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 5:32 pm

"That would be a sensible course since I do not know a mean to harness any of my other aspects yet. Light and dark energy are what goes into my runes and within the ritual that I am practicing that would be beneficial to our cause." She closes her eyes. "Though at the same times, I also need to more sure that I myself remain relatively unchanged as many of them hold aspects of order or chaos in effects."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 8:05 pm

"Is not easy am I right? To keep the inner balance..." Xana commented, she knew very well that feeling "Anyway, if you eish we can begin." She added smiling.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:21 am

"It is difficult but I have managed so far. But if you see me stray too far to a side, please let me know" Yumi nods in confirmation of what Xana had stated. She can understand a bit of Dixi's internal conflict just from her studies of her rituals. It is just that Yumi have a natural advantage of being being raised on the concept of balance and a more stable family. "Yes, let is begin." She confirms her wish to start the lessons.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 am

"Very well, I'll make sure to annoy the hell out of you if you stay." She said with a joking tone, winking "So, which one do you want to start, light or dark?" She asked, summoning a rune of each element on her hands, light on the left, dark on the right.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:43 am

Yumi ponders her choices for this one. Unlike many others, she didn't immediately go for light, despite light is often associated with good but not always. "Probably dark first. If for some reason, my lesson was cut short, Ix would have light covered."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 6:50 am

"Smart girl." She replied, vanishing the light one "I'll start with a simple question, what is darkness for you?" She asked "What does it represent?" she added "Think carefully about this, because, to truly master the elements, one must first understand them."
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptyWed Nov 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Yumi closes her eyes as she draws from the various knowledge within her mind and studies.

"There are many different interpretation of darkness aside from the usual lack of light. Many interpret light and dark as good and evil but that is not true.

I've heard of many lores but there is a rather common ground that light and dark of cycles within each other. For some light and dark would be life and death though death itself isn't evil, in fact it is rather neutral.

From my home, it is an interesting interpretation that I tend to like as it regards darkness as that of calmness, quietness, solititude, and serenity whereas light brings forth activeness, waves, interaction, and activity, much like day and night. Too much light blinds and tires our eyes and soul, but lack of light shades our eyes and self in ignorance."
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptyThu Nov 22, 2018 3:24 am

Xana smiled and nodded "Correct, there is no such thing as good or evil when it comes to the elements of magic, light and darkness are pretty much two faces of the same coin, in fact it's pretty much the same as Order and Chaos, one cannot exist without the other and the stronger one is the stronger the other one becomes..." She explained.

Right after that, Xana grabbed creates a little orb of light and grabs a book from the table "For example, the stronger the light..." The orb started to glow with intensitiy "The bigger the shadow." She added as the shadow from the book started to grow "If you know this already, there is no doubt why you managed to advance so much on your own, I'm impressed, Yumi." She praised her.

"Darkness has many uses and applications, used correctly can be a great force of good, used incorrectly it can become a dangerous double edge weapon."
Back to top Go down
Mizuhashi

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 10:08 am

"Well, I do have my mother and father to teach me part of this aspect of philosophy as I was growing up so the transition isn't too far in regards to any other aspect that has two ends of the spectrum with some variation." She pauses for a moment. "Though I admit that I am not as adept in the arcane as I am within my understanding of light and dark so I am not entirely certain of all the applications for them aside from what I have made so far." Her eyes is kept on the orb of light and the shadow it casts, reaffirming what she has spoken about and what her own beliefs are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yumi's Training Road II   Yumi's Training Road II Empty

Back to top Go down

Yumi's Training Road II
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next