Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Day of the Witches

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

Day of the Witches  Empty
PostSubject: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

"Happy birthday, Sila…" The red haired woman was kneeling in front of a grave. Sila Eclaire could be read on the gravestone, the woman placed a bouquet of lilies before standing back up and glanced at the other two gravestones: Silas Eclaire and Cecilia Eclaire. Serila's gaze was cold when she looked at those, remembering how her parents abandoned her on the magic academy when she was but a child, when her magic powers started to manifest and, some years later, did the same to her little sister Sila. For what was worth? They could rot in Hell and the flame witch wouldn't care but her sister… Her sister was a different case, Serila's talent filled Sila with envy, she started to resent her big sister, getting in trouble, frequently seen with bad company. Until one day she was murdered, accused of using magic to steal, she was killed and that would always be a burden in Serila's heart, she failed her sister, she couldn't protect her only family and she would always feel guilty for that.

After a while, and when she finished talking with Sila's grave, the witch wiped the tears from her eyes and bid farewell to her sister's final resting place. "I'll come back next year, Sila." "You sure you are okay, Seril? We have time…" Chatty, who had remained silent the whole time, floated next to Serila. "No, it's okay… Plus, Lea is wairing back at home." The two of then headed to the entrance of the graveyard when Serila looked one last time before heading back to town.

It was quiet, as always, not much was going on on the town, it was a quiet and small town where the most noisy thing you could find was the market in the mornings, Serila and Chatty headed towards the inn when they suddenly heard and explosion. Immediately they ran towards the source of the noise and found a house covered in smoke. "What the…? Hey! Is somebody in there?" Serila knocked at the door, hoping that is wasn't anything serious.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Dot was free as a bird for the first time in ages, and it felt great! Traveling to learn what she could about things was always fun, and she had perfected the whole broom thing enough where traveling was easy, but it didn't give her the time or workplace to work on her tools, so she had settled down in a quiet little village that was basically in the middle of nowhere. The people were nice, and didn't seem that put off by the whole "witch" thing, which was a huge boon. It wasn't long before she got a place for herself here, and although it was small, it had enough of a room to convert something into a workshop to keep things going. And go did it ever!

She had set up a few of her larger tools around the house, namely a furnace in her own style that served every use you could imagine in the basement. It was running a little hot lately, so chances are it needed a tune up, but it didn't seem too urgent. A few of the familiars were running around, taking care of the day to day business, when Florae returned to her side, meaning it had accomplished all that she had told it. Florae wasn't quite as expressive as the others, but it always listened to her. Usually.

"Ah, Florae! Perfect timing! That means you took care of everything, right?"

A single nod.

"Good! That's the gauges checked, the plans set up, the floor cleared, and the furnace adjusted?"

Three nods, and then...a tilt of the head? Dot could hear the faint rumble of the furnace in the basement grow ever so slightly louder.

"...Florae...you did check the furnace, right?"

The small familiar tilted its head to the other side in visible confusion. The rumble was growing somewhat loud now, matching the rumbling of Dot's own thoughts on the matter.

Oh no

Dot immediately bolted towards the basement, shouting "NO NO NO NO NO" on repeat as she did. She had just reached the door and flung it open to find coals spewing out and the whole furnace turning a bright red, seconds away from bursting.

"GET DOWN!" She yelled to her familiars as she slammed the door shut and propped her back against it, the explosion that came from it large enough that it shook the foundation the house rested upon and blew the door against its hinges, sending both it, and Dot, flying across the house, covered in soot.

"Florae, you stupid idiot!" She shouted, the eponmyous familiar appearing right next to her at her command. She slammed her lantern into the creature, absorbing it into it and intent on not dealing with the simple minded servant right now, when she heard a voice from outside knocking on the door. It sounded concerned, but it wasn't familiar.

"Pluto, would you mind...getting the door, for me?" Dot was shakily getting to her feet and brushing off the soot from her clothes as the black cat familiar approached the door and opened it, pulling it forward with its weight, giving the visitor a view of the inside of Dot's current home, and Dot herself.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Serila and Chatty were waiting at the door when a black cat opened. The flame witch was slightly surprised by it. "A black cat?" Taking a look inside, she noticed the girl brushing her clothes. "Hey! You okay?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 10:51 pm

"Thanks, Pluto!" The voice called from inside, as Dot was still brushing the dust, soot and ash from her usual outfit. Bits and pieces of it were torn from the impact, and her favorite hat was blown halfway across the room. She looked like a mess, but she wasn't showing it in her disposition, whistling as she shook herself off.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine! If one little explosion was enough to off me, I wouldn't be here right now!" She beamed the stranger a big smile. Pluto had gone to rest on a nearby cat head while Frosty and Jack were already out with dusters and dust pans to clean up the mess. Rather efficiently to boot.

It was only just now that she noticed the person that had walked into her house. She had a very unique way of dressing, one that was very familiar to her. She silently circled the new visitor, noting all of the little details, along with the lantern that seemed to follow her movements, before settling back where she started with a curious look on her face. One that slowly turned to that of excitement.

"ARE YOU A WITCH?!?"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 7:38 am

Serila's gaze followed the girl as she observed her while circling around her, the sudden burst of energy surprised the flame witch. "Y-Yeah..." After the initial surprise she managed to recover her cool and introduced herself. "I'm Serila and yes, I'm a witch." She eyed the familiars cleaning the mess behind the girl and raised a brow. "Oh? And you are one too? Those are familiars after all."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 11:56 am

Needless to say, Dot was not prepared for an actual, real life witch to be walking into her doorstep. Especially after the explosion.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! This is real! This is really happening! I never thought this day would come! There's a real witch in my house...that's now charred and recovering from an explosion. Oh no, she must think I'm a crazy person...

She sighed when she realized just how terrible her place looked at the moment. "M-Me? Well, I mean..." How should she answer that question? Would she realize? And if she did, would she be upset? She didn't know what this woman was capable of, or how angry she'd be at someone simply taking the title of "witch." Regardless, she audibly gulped and continued. "Y-Yeah, I'm a Witch too! Totally! I just never expected to meet another, especially out here and all. I'm Dot, it's super great to meet you!" She held out her hand and gave a firm shake, trying not to squee with excitement about doing this to a real witch and trying to stay professional. "But, please, come in and sit down!" Most of the living room had already been cleaned of soot and ash by now, the blast not reaching very far into it. "Jack, would you mind getting me and our guest some refreshments?" The little pumpkin headed familiar nodded, leaving the dustpan with Frosty as it waddled off to the kitchen. If Serila was as powerful as Witches were in her books, there's no doubt that she'd recognize that the 4 "familiars" felt very different from the norm, but hopefully that wouldn't come up, as the two of them sat down in the living room.

"I would say you caught me at a bad time, but, well, it was a great time until about 10 minutes ago, so I can't complain about that!"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 12:25 pm

Serila let out a chuckle at the girl's energy. "Nice to meet you, Dot." Serila replied while smiling. As the witch invited her in, Serila entered the house and took a seat on the living room, her gaze went to wards the familiars once more, they felt... Different somehow. "You are really energetic Dot." She said once she sat down. "Now that I think about it... Haven't we meet before? Somehow, you look familiar."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 12:37 pm

"Familiar? Hmmm..." Dot thought hard about that. Ever since she walked in, that name had been on the tip of her tongue...Serila, Serila, where had she heard that before? And now she thinks she knew Dot, too...

Lost in thought, the same pumpkin-headed avatar waddled his way back into the living room with two glasses of lemonade. "Oh, perfect, thanks Jack!" Something sweet always did wonders in getting her brain going. And it was just as sweet as she was hoping for, somewhat surprised Jack had gotten that right.

"I feel like that name sounds super familiar, too, Serila, but for the life of me, I can't quite place it..." She racked her brain trying to find that one source of a name, but nothing was coming. It was showing on her face, too. "This is gonna bug me for the rest of the day if I don't figure this out..."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 12:52 pm

Serila smiled at the little familiar when it brought them the drinks. "Thank you little one." She took the lemonade and started to drink it. "Hmm... I can't really remember... Maybe in the academy?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 1:15 pm

At the mention of The Academy, all of the color instantly drained from Dot's face. The 3 familiars that were out instantly stopped what they were doing and turned Serila's direction mimicking Dot's own thoughts.

"T-T-The Academy, you say?" She stuttered out, clearly uncomfortable with the topic. It was not something she'd expected to hear today. If she could help it, it was a topic that she would prefer to not ever have to hear again.

But then, who was this woman anyway? How did she know about the academy? Was she a student there too? A faculty member? A teacher? Some kind of disciplinary member to drag her back? She did run away from them, after all. And why in the world was that name so familia-

Top 3

Instantly, her mind put it together. Serila. That's where she heard the name before. She was so far above her that she might as well have been looking up the face of a mountain. For all intents and purposes, she shouldn't know of someone like her from there. Unless...

Oh god, if she knows of my reputation...Please don't say that name, I'm begging you...

"Are...are you here to take me back?" Her voice was a hushed whisper that had a hint of fear to it. If she was truly that strong, that talented, there might not be much she could do to prevent it. She knew that, and yet, instinctively, she was mentally preparing for a fight that she most likely couldn't win.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 1:18 pm

"Hmm? Take you back? What do you mean?" In that moment she noticed Dot's face going pale. "Something wrong, Dot?" She asked with a concerned look on her face. "Did I say something I shouldn't?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Okay, Dot, don't panic. Maybe she's not here to drag you back, kicking and screaming, to that hell hole. But, still, to have one of the top 3 show up on her doorstep...oh gods I'm not ready for this...

Her voice was still shaky even if she was starting to regain her composure. "T-The Academy is...something of a sore point of mine. L-Let's just say...they weren't fond of me, haha..ha..."

The ice in her glass was rattling a little as she had memories flood back. She used to hear stories about her and the other two, about how talented they were. It felt like just yesterday, almost. That didn't bother her, no; it was the other memories that came with it that got under her skin.

If she's familiar with me, then it can't be for any good reason. I'd be so far under her notice that the only way I'd be on her radar was if I was...infamous...oh gods, please don't say that nickname, or I might actually have a relapse...

"Y-You, Basar, a-and Zerato...you w-were Top 3, right?" She asked, trying to confirm her thoughts.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 1:33 pm

"Oh, sorry... I didn't knew the academy was such a bad experience for you. My apologies, Dot." She apologized with a gentle smile on her face. "If it help, they weren't really fond of me either. 'One of the tops students calling herself witch, what a disgrace.' or 'The homeless girl who wasted her talents trying to be a witch.' Honestly? I don't really care of what they said about me, I had fun with my friends and if I had met you back then, I'm sure we would have got along just fine." She added smiling.

Her look was soft and caring, she wasn't judging Dot instead she tried to understand her. "If I may... What happened to you in the academy? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm

Slowly, her breathing slowed down just a little as she talked with her. She was still not exactly sure how to react to all of this.

Would have got along just fine, she says? If she knew of me, chances are that wouldn't have been the case...There's only one way I would have been "familiar" to her, and it's not a pleasant one...

She audibly gulped, trying to collect her thoughts. "I...I ran away, from the academy, before I was finished. Everyone I knew there...hated me. I was learning, and I could recite most of those textbooks by heart, but none of it really...helped me. They probably thought I was a failure, since I couldn't even do simple spells without things blowing up in my face. I g-guess it's a sore spot for me, is all..."

She was dreading that accursed nickname they gave her. That one that they always used to mock her with. The one that everyone always used when they were talking about her.

Hey, did you hear what Exploding Dot did this time? Half the classroom, a charred mess!

Again? Why does that girl even bother? She'll never just admit that there's something wrong with her, will she?

At this rate, she's gonna end up taking out half the school by graduation! Hahahaha!

Dot bit her lip as it all started to come back to her, her grip on the glass growing tighter without her even noticing.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Serila's eyes were wide open, she wasn't aware that they treated the poor girl so bad, if she had realized, she would have give them a piece of her mind. "Dot, I'm sorry it was such an awful experience for you." Placing the glass on the table, the flame witch pulled the other girl into a hug, making sure to suppress her Charming Aura. "If I knew, I would had made them eat their words."

After hugging her for a bit, Serila broke the hug and looked at Dot in the eyes. "Maybe..." She mumbled to herself, looking lost in thoughts for a bit.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:39 pm

And now she was being hugged. This was most definitely not what she had imagined this day to be like. She wasn't sure whether she liked it or not. Being hugged like this, if at all, was a new feeling for her. She could feel her face heat up a little, and it was probably pretty noticable.

"I read about witches and what they did in a few textbooks, and...I dunno, something about the way they used magic was so attractive. It always looked and seemed to free, and flowing, and it felt like art! Everything they wanted to teach me at the Academy, and, well, couldn't, was so strict by comparison. So I tried to, uh, emulate it, a little. Like with them." Dot pointed to a few of her familiars still dusting off the floor. "You'd probably call them, well, "fake" familiars. I made them, using a little of what I found in some books from the Academy library."

She had just realized that she had started hugging back without even realizing it. She heated up a little more at acting so impulsively and pulled back a little. She was transfixed by Serila's gaze, however. "Maybe...?"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Serila shook her head and looked at the familiars. "Does it matter that they are real or fake? What matters is that they are your familiars and your bond with them. Just like me with Chatty, he isn't a real familiar either, in fact he's a human soul trapped inside the lamp." She admit chuckling. "Oh, don't worry but Dot, tell me more about you." The red headed witch said while sitting back and picking up her glass, giving it a sip.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 3:36 pm

"The Academy seemed to think it mattered..." she muttered under her breath. Even if she had pride in her work, the fact of the matter is that she was berated for her methods. That they "weren't magic" and that she should have studied more, despite spending days upon days memorizing the textbooks, the methods, the formulas, all of those damn numbers...

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she brought up her own familiar. "Eh?!? A human soul?!?" She looked over at it to see it staring back at her. She couldn't help but poke it once, to see for herself. "Woah...that's some magic you've got there..."

"Myself? Well...my family wasn't really on board for me learning magic, either. I came from a line of blacksmiths, actually! And I was going to take up the family business, for a while. I'm still really good at it, too. Mom and Dad were...strict. They practically disowned me when I told them I wanted to learn magic instead, but...I don't really think about that, much. It was selfish of me, but...I wanted to contribute something that would make the world better in a big way."

She leaned into the hug a little. "Okay, I've never told anyone this, and it's kind of silly, so don't laugh, okay? When I was really little, like 4 or 5, our village was really barren. It was hard to grow crops, and times were really hard. All that we had was smithing, and fixing things like swords or houses. People came through our village all the time, but no one ever stopped, just passing through. One day, this really big caravan came through, and no one had ever seen anything like it. We all expected them to just pass through, like usual, but then, they stopped, and out stepped this old man with this massive white beard. He took it a point to talk to everyone in town, even little ol' me! It was years ago, so I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember him being...really soft, and nice. It turned out that he was some kinda super mage! And he planned to stay in the village for a month! No one really knew why, but no one was going to complain!"

"But after about a week, people started noticing weird things around town. The ground was growing more and more fertile, and crops were growing better than ever. We weren't really sure how, but this guy was fixing our land for us! By the time had come that he had to leave, it was the most fertile we'd ever seen, and the town had been more prosperous than ever! Later on I learned that he was on the way to somewhere else, and just stopped here because he wanted to! He stayed with us for a full month, asking for nothing in return and slowly making our village better, just because he could! I wanted to be like that! To help people that couldn't help themselves, just because I could!"

Her expression suddenly turned somber as she pulled back. "But..." She struggled to get out what she wanted, the words caught in her throat.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 4:26 pm

Serila listened to Dot's story with her full attention, she raised her brow when the girl's face turned somber. "But?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 4:47 pm

"But...the whole magic thing didn't really work out as planned. I worked my butt off to get into the Academy, but...things didn't go so well. I was always good at books, and memorizing, so the written exams were always something I could do just fine. But...when it came to practice, well..."

Dot scratched the side of her cheek as she looked away from Serila. Jack reached up to grab Dot's empty glass as he waddled off to the kitchen. "I don't know what it was, but the magic just didn't seem to...work, like the books described. Bad things tended to happen. Got a few nicknames because of it, too. Truth be told, I figured that's how you thought you knew me, really."

"So, to make up for it, I did what I felt like I knew best. I improvised! And I made tools to help me do magic, the kinds I'd read about. Most teachers weren't entirely happy with them, though. And they didn't always work the way they were supposed to...but! They were mine, and I'm proud of them! Like my familiars! And what they summon!"

Dot got up and walked to the kitchen herself, partly to check on Jack to make sure he didn't end up breaking anything by accident. He sometimes did that when her mind wandered. "But, eventually I got sick of it all. Sick of getting ragged on and just barely scraping by. Eventually, I just kinda...left. It was about halfway into my second year. Part of me was worried they'd try to eventually drag me back, kicking and screaming, but they never did. I guess I don't blame them, really. I was finally out of their hair; why would they want me back? Tuition? Hah!" She started absentmindedly cleaning the glass with a towel after Jack had handed it to her. Her tone during it was dry, and empty, that belied her own feelings on the matter: part of her was upset that no one bothered to care enough to try to bring her back, even if she knew no one ever would.

"Since then, I've been traveling, honing what I already know and trying to find some magic that I can use. I've been going from place to place, helping people when I can, and eventually I sorta just settled here for a while to fine tune a few things."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Serila walked behind Dot into the kitchen, listening carefully to the girl's story, placing a hand on her shoulder, Serila made a decision. "Tell me Dot, do you still wish to learn? Learn magic to be able to help others?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Dot jumped a little at the sudden touch, but something about Serila's disposition...calmed her.

"Well, of course. But, I've always figured something was just...wrong with me, you know? Like, how was it so easy for everyone else and mine just..." She trailed off as she considered most of her attempts at magic, and how they tended to backfire tremendously. It wasn't exactly a pretty sight. Most of them weren't even anything special, or complicated, either. She knew how they worked, she just didn't know why they didn't work for her.

"But, I always figured that if I'm really destined to find out why I can't use magic, it'd just sorta, come to me, you know? Like I'd have some instant revelation and go "that's it!" and suddenly everything would be good again, but...that's never really happened. And it's been a while since the Academy, too, so...maybe, I'm just..." Dot didn't need to finish that sentence, and Serila would likely get exactly what she meant.

"But! That doesnt mean I can't use what I do best to do just that! I've helped people a lot with the things I make! Like, this one time, people were worried about a massive drought that was affecting their village, and I was passing through. So I used Frosty over there..." She pointed to the familiar resembling a snowman still cleaning the house. "...and used him to find a spring deep under their village using one of my machines! Now they've got their own well and super happy! So...even if I don't find magic that I can use, if I can still help someone with or without it, then that makes me happy. Even if I still want to!"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Serila smiled at the girl and clapped. "That settles it then." Turning around, the red headed woman looked at Chatty. "Chatty, can you fly back home and tell Lea that I'll stay here for a few days?" "You sure?" "Absolutely." The magic lamp nodded before flying out of the house and towards their home.

With Chatty gone, Serila looked back at Dot and smiled once more. "Then, I'll help you. There is no easy way to learn magic. No cheats, but I'll help you. I will teach you, Dot." She said to the girl who, no doubt, looked surprised.

Last edited by Nekurion on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySat Jun 22, 2019 6:21 pm

She looked over at Serila in confusion, not exactly sure what she was getting at, before everything fell into place. "W-What?!? Serila, I'm flattered, really, more than you might ever know, but, that's not...you shouldn't..."

Dot was at a loss for words. They had just met, and Serila had offered to do the impossible for her. Some part in the back of her mind had thought that she would never really learn magic. Normally she tried to ignore that voice in the back of her head, but right now it was blaring in her brain as she tried to process all of this, trying to sputter out a response before her brain settled and she looked a little down as reality set in.

"...you really shouldn't. I spent a year and a half at the Academy, and they all thought I was a lost cause. I'd be crazy to say you weren't skilled - no student that knew your name would - but...I don't want you wasting your time, is all. Or worse, getting hurt like they did..."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  EmptySun Jun 23, 2019 1:12 am

Serila shook her head. "I'm decided, Dot, oh and call me Seril, okay? And don't worry I'm not like the teachers at the academy, I won't give up on you nor pressure you." The woman replied with her warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day of the Witches    Day of the Witches  Empty

Back to top Go down

Day of the Witches
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next