Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ophelia, the Fairy Queen

Go down 
+5
Warrior of Darkness
BurningVulcan
herwillingslave
forest Assasin
DarkHeroAxel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Ophelia, the Fairy Queen Empty
PostSubject: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 2:48 am

Ophelia, the Fairy Queen RwhdcuW
Description: An elder fairy, Ophelia is one of the only few that can wrangle the masses of unruly fairies. Carrying herself with a level of grace and poise, Ophelia manages the young fairies and helps them to grow into creatures like herself. Living deep in the forest with her children, many a traveler might catch a glimpse of this mysterious and beautiful woodland sprite wandering the forest with her young charges,
waiting for the perfect opportunity to both educate her children on the proper way to bring in their food.

Ophelia is always accompanied by many fairies of all different types. They are:

Katarina, a Trox, and the oldest sister. An elder in her own right.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen PqXkFF7

Perdita, a Lumen, and the youngest.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen 2zXAlbo

Ariel, a Gnoll, caring, but mostly to the animals of the forest.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen 97ff9310

Hermia, a Brounie, young and energetic.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen Recett10

Othello, a rare male fairy and Undine, studious and curt.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen B9kks4L

Cordelia, a Spriggan, overly quiet.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen Cordel10

Aemelia, a Trox, second oldest.
Ophelia, the Fairy Queen JIvw7up

Passives:

Fairy Force

“Dears, remember your training. We work as a group, above all else.”
The young fairies and Ophelia have something of a symbiotic relationship with each other. While Ophelia teaches, nurtures and cares for them like her own children, helping them to grow into fairies like herself, the younger fairies empower her in various ways by being close to her. They understand that such a thing puts them at risk of being attacked, but they stay close to their mother regardless.

- Whenever Ophelia uses an attack that calls forth one of her children, that fairy is considered “Active” and on the field.
- While that fairy is on the field, the opponent may use a free action alongside their attack to remove that fairy from the field, sending the attacks associated with that fairy into a 4 turn cooldown.
- This action is guaranteed to work, aside from Hermia, who would require a roll.  
- A target cannot remove a fairy if they were stunned that turn, or if they are in a bind.
- Moves that are distinctly AoE will hit every fairy, even those not in play, but must roll for each fairy not in play individually.

Desperate Struggle

“No...no no NO! It's not supposed to be like this! I don't...I don't have a choice..!”
Ophelia normally tries very hard to keep her demure, polite personality in tact. However, when pushed too far, Ophelia as a person changes; anxious, fidgety, and most importantly, hungry. Her body starts passively glowing a pale hue, and her eyes changing to a deep purple as her composure breaks down and her hunger starts to grow deafening. Ophelia's control over her children tightens, to the point where their movements become faster with her direct guidance.

- If Ophelia receives more than 3 Critical Successes from the opponent, or if she falls under 10 HP, she gains the status Desperate Struggle.
- When Desperate Struggle becomes active, any fairies that were currently under cooldown, due to being knocked out or otherwise, are pulled off of it.
- In addition, the opponent's rolls for Charm act at disadvantage.

Nature’s Temptations

“It’s not often we find guests this deep in the forest...you must be exhausted. Come, sit. I want to make your stay as comfortable as possible…”
Ever the potent schemer, Ophelia is one to avoid a direct conflict whenever possible, leading her potential food into a situation where giving her their mana comes second nature to her. After she and Katarina size up a potential new food source (and Hermia and Cordelia prepare cautionary measures, namely pitfall traps, close to the target), they are led back to their house deep in the woods, where the prey is seduced into her embrace, and the draining begins in earnest. The well rehearsed trap is known to the entire family, and the children are quick and eager to help with subduing the target before the fight begins, sometimes preventing it from starting in the first place, if the prey is weak-willed enough.

- Before any fight, the opponent starts in the Love-Locked state, trapped in Ophelia’s embrace, draining 1 damage per turn until they struggle free.
- If the opponent breaks the hold, Ophelia may follow up with certain attacks (Student-Teacher Project, Sounds of Flora, Winds of Plague, or Hornet’s Stinger) and a hit of any of them will lead them back into the Love-Locked state, but if those attacks were used, the fairies associated with them start on cooldown if/when the fight starts.
- If the opponent breaks free and the resulting follow-up misses, the opponent will not be able to be brought back into Love-Locked for the rest of the battle, except if the opponent is hit by Command: Hold.
- If the opponent was in Love-Locked for more than 3 turns, they will start the battle Charmed.

Hallucinogenic Cloud

“Ooh, their head looks all woozy...I wonder what they’re seeing?” “Well, I suppose that comes down to them, Katarina...”
While usually letting her mother take center stage and assuming a supportive role, Katarina’s unique talents from her mother are not one to go wasted. Manipulating the scales on her wings, Katarina is capable of producing tiny spores that have very large effects on a target’s mind when inhaled. Even though they are no larger than small clouds of colored dust, breathing them in can cause anything from fearful visions of terror, to nostalgic memories of times past, depending on the target’s mental state at the time. She has been known to leave small clouds of it around the house in various cupboards and shelves, to both lure in prey and ward off intruders, and strategically leading both to their hiding spots.

- Every target starts the battle building up Delirious stacks.
- Delirious has no effect to the target on its own. However, it can interact with other status effects once it reaches a high enough level, namely 20 stacks.
- During their turn, an opponent can choose to spend an action to lower the Delirious stacks by 3.
- Any time the Delirious state interacts with another status, Delirious is removed and must be applied again via Hallucinogenic Cloud.
- If the opponent is afflicted with Charm while under Delirious, good memories of the past may collide with the present, warping their perception of both their surroundings and sometimes even Ophelia herself to something they associate as positive. (The current Charm checks will roll at disadvantage.)
- If the opponent is afflicted with Inflammation while under Delirious, the burning sensation of their throat will start to move throughout their entire body, mind over matter as flames will start to appear around them, making it difficult to move without getting burned by the imaginary fire. (As long as the target is afflicted with the current Inflammation, direct attacks that miss will cause 1 damage to the user.)
- If the opponent is afflicted with Off-Balance while under Delirious, the shaking caused by the impact will worsen tremendously, as if the very earth underneath them tilts and bobs like an earthquake. (Extends the duration of Off-Balance to the next two attacks.)
- If the opponent is afflicted with Dazed while under Delirious, the sudden drowsiness increases exponentially, as the target collapses on the spot, dreaming vividly. Ophelia, never one to waste an opportunity, takes the chance to slowly drain the sleeping prey. In their addled and dreaming state, they can’t help but kiss back openly, making the experience far smoother and more pleasurable. (The opponent falls to sleep for 3 turns. Each turn, the opponent takes 1 damage and Ophelia heals 1 damage. The opponent rolls at disadvantage to wake up early from their state, but will retain Dazed for the remaining duration if they escape early.)

Attacks:

Feeding Time

“You left yourself open!”
Before the target can react, Ophelia brings their lips to hers and quickly drains a portion of their mana, the sudden pleasure enough to momentarily distract them from pulling away instantly. Each time Ophelia drains the target’s mana, it leaves a larger imprint on them, growing from pleasure to longing as the sensation builds, to the point of bursting.

- Deals 1 damage.
- Heals Ophelia for 1 damage.
- If the opponent is still under Inflammation, the healing Ophelia receives from it is increased to 2, and the opponent is Charmed, increasing the power of Ophelia's attacks (except for Perdita and Hermia's attacks) by 1, but Inflammation is removed.
- Charm is checked before every turn alongside the target's action.
- Every third use will also roll for a Stun check as well.

Puff of Fog

“Have some in your face!” “That's right, breathe deep...”
Katarina's spores are passively all around their prey on a good day, but in some situations, it's more advantageous to push the process along themselves. Katarina quickly closes the gap and flaps her wings forward, pushing more of her spores into the opponent's face.

- Raises the Hallucinogenic Cloud level by 2.
- If used when the target is under the effects of Inflammation, the stacks of Hallucinogenic Cloud raised are doubled and Inflammation is removed.

Student-Teacher Project

“Katarina, you look as though you’ve got a wonderful idea in that head of yours.” “Mhm! I need your help for it! It’s gonna blow their mind~! Follow my lead, okay?”
Assuming the same human-like size of her mother, Katarina quickly latches onto the target on one side as Ophelia joins her on the other, clasping hands with her as the two absorb more Mana from the close contact.

- Deals 2 damage.
- Heal's Ophelia for 1 damage.
- If the opponent is still under Inflammation, the healing Ophelia receives from it is increased to 2, and the opponent is Charmed, but Inflammation is removed.
- If the target is Charmed, attack has an increased crit chance to evens 75 and up.

Sunny Disposition

“Mmmmmmm...! I feel it growing bigger…!” ''Pace yourself, dear. Your control will come with time.”
Due to her young age, Perdita’s actual talents with her abilities as a Lumen are somewhat limited. However, she’s incredibly eager to prove herself, despite more often than not pushing her limits too hard. Pushing her inner capabilities to the limit, Perdita seemingly explodes into light, quickly pushing out all of her internal light in one big flash of warm, blinding light. The action is far too much for her body, however, as right after she falls into a quick nap to regain her energy.

- Deals 1 damage.
- Inflicts Stun.
- This attack goes into a 4 turn cooldown upon using it, ignoring the Fairy Force passive.

Rolling Stone

“Cmon, throw me! You know I’ll be fine!” “Oh...very well. Katarina, can you give me a little help?”
Hermia is exceptionally heavy, about as much as a full-sized human concentrated into a single, concentrated point. With the combined might of both Elder fairies, Hermia is tossed towards the target as hard as possible, more often than not forming something of a lob instead.

- Deals 2 damage.
- Has a chance of inflicting Dazed, which causes their attacks targeted at Ophelia to be at disadvantage and any attacks directed at her fairies to require a roll for 2 turns.
- This attack goes into a 4 turn cooldown upon using it, ignoring the Fairy Force passive.

Strategy Meeting

“Othello, your notes.” "Of course, Mother."
Othello, always the watchful one, is almost always seen taking notes in the heat of battle. Not having any particularly powerful or unique magical abilities, he instead urges to help in other areas, namely sharing his notes with Ophelia when he is capable, whispering in her ear the various tells and reactions he’s noticed from the target.

- Can only be used if an opponent has used a single move 3 times or more.
- Ophelia becomes Informed about the last attack that was used upwards of 3 times.
- If the opponent uses any of those attacks, Ophelia’s following attack gains advantage.
- If the attack fails, the current built up uses of whatever Othello was going to inform Ophelia about will need to be built up again.
- If Othello is on cooldown, then any attacks taking place will not be counted towards the next usage of Strategy Meeting.

Changeling’s Pride

“Othello, it's time.” "Give me the signal when you're ready, Mother."
When push comes to shove, Othello’s true nature and abilities come to the forefront: Othello is a Changeling, a type of fairy that can shift his shape into any form he desires, as long as it remains at his size. When called, Othello disappears into Ophelia’s clothing, and emerging with one of his sisters, assuming their form as a perfect replica, right down to their mannerisms and actions. Failure to choose the correct fairy will result in Othello taking the hit for his sister, his solid body taking the brunt of the attack and knocking him out instead.

- Using this attack will remove Othello for the turn.
- When Ophelia calls forth another fairy, 2 of the same fairy will emerge.
- For the next 3 turns, if the opponent decides to try to remove the current fairy, an additional roll must be made.
- If the roll is a fail, Othello will go into cooldown instead of the current fairy.

Nature’s Grip

“...hungry...!" "Cordelia, remember to not injure them too much."
Cordelia embraces her Spriggan heritage and calls forth a number of thick, powerful vines from the ground, masterfully wrapping up the target in a tight hold that covers everything except the target’s face. Taking the opportunity, Ophelia approaches the trapped target and starts feasting upon their mana in their trapped state.

- Deals 1 damage.
- Heals Ophelia for 1 damage every turn.
- Inflicts Bind.
- If the opponent is still under Inflammation, the healing Ophelia receives from it is increased to 2, and the opponent is Charmed, but Inflammation is removed.
- If the target is Charmed, they will be unable to roll for charm until the bind ends.
- Ophelia can choose to instead raise the target's Hallucinogenic Cloud level by 1 instead of doing damage, but can only do so once per bind.

Winds of Plague

“Mother, together!” "Watch my timing, and...!"
Both Ophelia and Aemelia flap their wings fiercely in the opponent’s general direction, the wind surprisingly strong, but also spreading a number of puffy spores with each flap. These spores, when inhaled, can have a painful reaction with a target’s throat, causing it to become irritated and swollen.

- Inflicts Inflammation to every foe, inflicting 1 damage per turn until it is removed via a free roll alongside their action.

Hornet’s Sting

“Stop squirming, already...and accept my gift!” “Ah, so passionate...you’ll grow to be a fine elder, Aemilia.”
Being a Trox, matters of insect venom come second nature to Aemilia, and potentially injuring a target using it is not something she shy's away from. Sneaking close to the target, Aemilia jabs the target’s side with her hand, sending a jolt of pain through them as their body seizes up from the mixture of pain and sudden stiffness of their body.

- Deals 1 damage.
- Has a chance to inflict Paralysis, preventing them from acting next turn and taking Ophelia's next attack as an auto-hit.

___________________________________________________________________________________

So this concept has been long time coming, and been in the workshop for what feels like months. Big thanks to all the usual suspects for testing, feedback, balancing, mock RPs, etc. etc. That's Warrior of Darkness, SoloWingPixy, AzureTyrant, SnowinSummer, Dataslycer, KyoryuuBlaze, and X_Simply-Perfect_X, all great people. God knows it felt like I had a whole army working on them at times, but I'm really happy with how it came out.

Last edited by DarkHeroAxel on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:13 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:10 am

Amazing work, can tobias face her?

herwillingslave

herwillingslave

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:12 am

I would love to face her with Salos.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:41 am

Looks really good, Axel!

TIME TO FEED FERRO TO 'EM!!

Ferro: YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!

Yes I can. What are you talking about?

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 5:49 am

Tenebria: *giggles* I'll be waiting~
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Ophelia's revamp is now up and running, but the numbers may need to be changed around as things progress.

ConTheMink

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyFri Dec 20, 2019 9:54 pm

This is going to bother me if I don't say anything about it, but Student-Teacher Project and Rolling Stone aren't underlined.
Back to top Go down
BoredAF

BoredAF

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 6:38 pm

I would like to face with Sion if that is fine

DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 9:27 pm

You know what, if you feel up for it, I wouldn't mind. You haven't had a chance to use him yet, right? So in a way, it'd be testing for the two of us.

BoredAF

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 10:45 pm

Yeah that would be great

BoredAF

BoredAF

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Do you want me to make the rp

DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Sure, that's fine. Sorry I didn't get to it myself, some stuff came up last night. You can go ahead and we can go from there.

BoredAF

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Ready when you are

AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 11:30 pm

*looks at my party of characters*
*Wonders if I should try yeeting a character at Fairy Mom*
Back to top Go down
Null

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyMon Sep 20, 2021 6:10 am

Last edited by Null on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Wow, I haven't had anyone show interest in her in a long time. Like for Safiya, I can pencil you in for her, but I might need a bit to get in the mindset for her, plus I'm trying to knock down my backlog before I get to new projects. If you're cool with waiting for a bit, you'll get your chance with her.

PostSubject: Re: Ophelia, the Fairy Queen   Ophelia, the Fairy Queen Empty

Back to top Go down

Ophelia, the Fairy Queen
Page 1 of 1