Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?

Go down 
+12
hertzez
dark0ne10
vesago_x
questionman
bouncer44se
Cio
wolfzero001
BlackLips
Badoxe
Mkmd13
Razer
Racer X
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Racer X

So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? Empty
PostSubject: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Well, exactly what the title asks, I suppose. It's a pretty niche interest, so I'm intrigued by what got people "into" the whole "deadly kiss" sub-fandom.

For me? Eh, I guess it's kind of Freudian, in a way, since it merges the two prime urges of man, the desire for reproduction and the desire for death, into one neat little package. As far as pop-cultural "indoctrinations", I've always had a "thing" for lethal females like Poison Ivy and Morrigan, so maybe that's another Freudian point, as well.

OK, enough philosophizing. What got you "hooked" on the "kiss of death" trope?
Back to top Go down
Razer

Razer

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:16 am

Well, there are two seperate ones.

My fascination with the action began with Poison Ivy from Batman. I figured, what a way to go.

What led me to the forum was Nevan from DMC3.
Back to top Go down
Racer X

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:13 pm

I would say that Ivy is perhaps the patron saint of this fandom, huh?

Out of curiosity, did your fascination begin with Ivy in the movie, or the cartoon? I wouldn't say that "Pretty Poison" is WHOLLY responsible for my "deadly kiss" interest, but I doubt that I would've become AS interested in either the character or the trope if I hadn't seen that episode as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Mine was just the fact that I ONLY play RPG games just for the kissing after playing Marvel vs. Capcom and seeing Rouge using her kiss attack and me getting hard from it and also playing Castlevania LoI and getting hard from the succubus kiss attack O.O

And also for the neko's too cat
Back to top Go down
Razer

Razer

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 pm

Racer X wrote:
Out of curiosity, did your fascination begin with Ivy in the movie, or the cartoon? I wouldn't say that "Pretty Poison" is WHOLLY responsible for my "deadly kiss" interest, but I doubt that I would've become AS interested in either the character or the trope if I hadn't seen that episode as a kid.

Ivy the cartoon. I thought she was so hot when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Badoxe

Badoxe

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:58 pm

RazerBlade24 wrote:
Racer X wrote:

Ivy the cartoon. I thought she was so hot when I was a kid.

lol,same here

as for me? i believe it came from Marvel ultimate alliance 1,when i asked for info and was informed about Enchantress`s mind-controling kiss on the brief screen
the kiss of death came from Poison Ivy though
Back to top Go down
BlackLips

BlackLips

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:46 am

all of the above reasons, oh and also it all started when i was watching the very ending scene of "pet cemetary"
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:26 am

Mine started with the powerful and lovely Morrigan Aensland. ^////^

The Pet Cemetary moive? o.o
Back to top Go down
BlackLips

BlackLips

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:41 pm

wolfzero001 wrote:
Mine started with the powerful and lovely Morrigan Aensland. ^////^

The Pet Cemetary moive? o.o

uh huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An1nq_pFOT4

Back to top Go down
Cio

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am

I don't really remembered which one is the first.

I love many kiss effect, let's say hypnotize kiss, drain kiss, lethal kiss, but a kiss that dominate the victim most i like.

The very first that i remebered i love the kiss effect scene is from Poison Ivy in Batman & Robin movie and then from Succubus from Castlevania SotN. From that point, i keep interest on looking many seduction kind (not just kiss) in game, manga or movie.
Back to top Go down
bouncer44se

bouncer44se

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:58 pm

ya poison ivy was also the start for me. i thought she was hot as a kid Smile
Back to top Go down
questionman

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:59 pm

probably naruto shippuden when fuuka did that kiss on naruto
Back to top Go down
Badoxe

Badoxe

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:22 pm

bouncer44se wrote:
ya poison ivy was also the start for me. i thought she was hot as a kid Smile

who didnt? Very Happy

Cio wrote:
I don't really remembered which one is the first.

I love many kiss effect, let's say hypnotize kiss, drain kiss, lethal kiss, but a kiss that dominate the victim most i like.

The very first that i remebered i love the kiss effect scene is from Poison Ivy in Batman & Robin movie and then from Succubus from Castlevania SotN. From that point, i keep interest on looking many seduction kind (not just kiss) in game, manga or movie.

agreed,mind controlling the victim kiss is the best (specialy when it is live-action)
specialy when the victim falls in love with the kisser (of course)
Back to top Go down
questionman

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:28 pm

I'm glad someone other than me likes seduction
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey, got to have abit of eye candy to match the sweetness, ya know? xD
Back to top Go down
vesago_x

vesago_x

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 pm

I can't remember exactly what first got me into this kind of thing, but I can narrow it down. It was either Poison Ivy from Batman: the Animated Series, or Morrigan's ending from the first Darkstalkers game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytu1BfGSVwE

I love her teasing dialogue to the unconscious Pyron.
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Aaahhhh, got to love Morrigan. ^/////^
Back to top Go down
dark0ne10

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:05 pm

For me, Mortal Kombat. It was either Kitana or Sonya. Also, Poison Ivy from Batman was big for me too.
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:10 am

Hmmm... I dunno... I've been fascinated with adverse effects of kisses (pleasures to be general) for as long as I can remember...

But I do remember there were 3 main points of turn;

1. There was a cartoon where there was a kid imprisoned by an Ice Queen, and so he don't escape, she kisses him on the forehead, and make the kid blue and pale, sick and bedridden. Sadly I dunno the title, I only saw that particular scene only by chance.

2. Also by chance, there was a horror film where there was a ghost of a woman who can do some negative effects with kisses, which are, if I remember correctly, freezing (the victim only feels cold), and enslavement. The victim for enslavement is a woman, perhaps this was also the time when I started liking girl on girl.

3. Rogue from Marvel vs Capcom, hahahahahah... And at this time, my lesbian fetish has almost awaken, I played with Rogue with Roll and Tron Bonne as an opponent in practice mode. Razz
Back to top Go down
Daemon McRae

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 pm

I couldn't peg it if I tried. It's not so much "Kiss of Death" as "Kiss of I Own You Now". If I had to track it down, it'd probably be the first time I saw the Charm effect in an RPG. So I guess that trails it back to the RPG's on the Super Nintendo or N64, somewhere in that era.

I can tell you it's led me to some of the best games I've ever played, though. And not just because of Charm and kiss effects.

God I love me some Final Fantasy 5.
Back to top Go down
SwerveStar

SwerveStar

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 pm

It's not specifically death for me. More like "Kiss of Damage" or "Kiss of some effect". I think what really turned me onto it *cough* was probably either Jynx's Lovely Kiss or pretty much ANY KISS Princes Peach gave out. DEFINITELY the Sweet Kiss Return for one, that really pegged it in, but before then I'd love any cartoon character with noticeable lips that kissed someone or blew kisses. The fascination, though, probably Jynx...
Back to top Go down
Katanarama!

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:47 am

One of the earliest for me is the PS1 game Thousand Arms.

Not only does Thousand Arms have a lot of kisses in general (So much so that later on kisses become currency), but it also has Kirara Beauty.

Tight shirt, short skirt, and stars on her breasts...her move is making a pair of lips appear in front of her, which slowly pucker up for a kiss. She then jumps up and blows a pink cloud of smoke and hearts from the lips that slowly drift toward you.
It would either paralyze or confuse you. You're at her mercy if you're paralyzed and would end the game if your last character got paralyzed.

It must feel REALLY good to potentially give you a Game Over. drunken
Back to top Go down
gomlkid1

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 am

sounds too mainstream here but poison ivy from Batman and Robin
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Ya know, I've beeen looking for an english copy of Thousand Arms, but can't find one. O.O It looks like a fun game.
Back to top Go down
SwerveStar

SwerveStar

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Katanarama! wrote:
One of the earliest for me is the PS1 game Thousand Arms.

Not only does Thousand Arms have a lot of kisses in general (So much so that later on kisses become currency), but it also has Kirara Beauty.

Tight shirt, short skirt, and stars on her breasts...her move is making a pair of lips appear in front of her, which slowly pucker up for a kiss. She then jumps up and blows a pink cloud of smoke and hearts from the lips that slowly drift toward you.
It would either paralyze or confuse you. You're at her mercy if you're paralyzed and would end the game if your last character got paralyzed.

It must feel REALLY good to potentially give you a Game Over. drunken

You've caught my interest. I'm curious, how do kisses function as currency? Also, are there other kissing attacks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?   So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, where did your "Kiss of Death" fascination begin?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next