Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to use Translator++

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fps

How to use Translator++ Empty
PostSubject: How to use Translator++   How to use Translator++ EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:30 pm

A while ago I learned how to use Translator++, and it makes a world of a difference when it comes to playing Japanese games. This isn't really going to be a complete guide, but rather briefly going over how to use it and when it will work/not work.

For starters, download the free public version here: https://dreamsavior.net/download/

It should be version 5.3.31 at the time of posting this. This version is the most current free build, however you can pay for the most current build since 5.3.31 is a few year old at this point. You may be able to translate more games with it, but I haven't tested it and I can't recommend it.

Extract the files, and run the .exe. You may be prompted to update your version. DON'T. It'll update, then block you out since you did not pay for the most current version.

There are plugins that you can install when you open it, however for translating RPG MV/MZ games you won't need it. If you want to translate older games, Translator++ will force you to download those plugins before continuing.

From there, follow this guide: https://dreamsavior.net/docs/translator/getting-started/working-with-translator-in-a-nutshell/

Ok, well kinda follow that guide.

The documentation does go over everything, but it can be kind of confusing to learn. So instead, I'll brief you on how I use it, and I'll reference the steps in the guide when it's useful.

Note that I HIGHLY recommend you make a duplicate version of your game. Translator++ can corrupt your data, so it's best to have a backup of your game should the version you are translating gets corrupted.

First, follow step 1. This is the only step you will need to follow using the guide. Razz

Next, click on the Batch Translation. This should be the icon at the top that has a Japanese symbol, an A symbol, and a green checkmark. It'll ask you to confirm the translator you want to use and other stuff. Just click start and move on.

You may want to try using a translator other than google translate. While you are given the option to choose other translation services, I've never had anything other than google translate work for me. Maybe you can make it work, but for this guide I recommend to use google translate to start.

Now we wait...

Basically, in order to not get banned from using the google translate API, it will separate the game into lots of smaller chunks. It will then translate these chunks, but it'll take 5 seconds to translate every chunk. If you have only 20 chunks, then you need to wait 100 seconds, or under two minutes. If you have over 300 chunks (which I have seen before), you might need to wait half an hour or longer.

That might not seem bad, but if the translation corrupts or fails and you want to try again, you'll need to redo the entire translation.

Finally, you're going to inject your translation into the game. Click on the Inject/Apply Translation icon, which should look like a syringe. It'll ask you where you want to create the translation, which is the SECOND textbox that is mandatory to fill. I HIGHLY recommend you make a new folder and put the translation there.

From there, you inject and wait. Theoretically, it should duplicate the game and all the files to the new folder, and you can play it from there. However, there may be complications.

Specifically, if the .exe file got corrupted and you can't open the game, don't panic. In reality, this happens to me all the time. All we care about is the data folder. Just drop that folder into the file with the working .exe file, and you should be able to play it with the translations.

Now a few things to note:

- The translations will be really bad. Like, barely comprehensible sometimes. Not to mention sentences will bleed off the RPG maker textbox. Unless you want to learn Japanese and translate all the text on your own (which you can do it Translator++), you're gonna have to deal with it.
- If your game is using plugins, this may not work. Translator++ tries to work around plugins, however it isn't that good at it. So if your game acts weirdly, crashes, or won't display certain images, Translator++ has corrupted your game. This is why I recommend you don't do this on the original copy of your game.
- When I say plugins, I mean things that make an RPG maker game not feel like an RPG maker game. So if your game has a section that plays like PONG, you may not be able to play it. However, if it uses smaller plugins like infinite cash sizes, you'll probably be fine.
- If you are using an older version of RPG Maker, this also may not work. Older version, and Wolf RPGs, are supported, however they are very volatile. More often than not Translator++ won't be able to help you. Try it anyways, but don't be surprised if you can't even open your game when you try translating it.
- If your game is in Japanese but in a different engine, good luck. I have had Unity games translate partially using Translator++, but other than that I've had no luck, and many Unity games just don't work. You can try it, but it probably won't work.

If anyone has questions, I can try and answer them, though I'm not super active on this forum so forgive me if I don't answer your question for a while. Maybe others who also have used Translator++ can guide you.

Also if you use Translator++ and have other comments, leave them below! I'm not a Translator++ pro, so if you think I missed something let everyone else know!
Back to top Go down

How to use Translator++
Page 1 of 1