Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackLips

BlackLips

How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Saw it yesterday and it was umm.. fun, yeah that and disappointing, the actions were intense, graphics was SPLENDID, the imaginary tech the human used in the film was mesmerizing and adequately believable (still far too early though, since its only 2069, 52 years from now) what puts me off was the pacing, plot holes of the story, the glaring scientific fallacies and lack of character development

The pacing, plot hole
everything was alright up until Shaw removed her "baby" or a facehugger protoype, there was clearly some kind of conspiracy behind shaw's pregnancy and david's deliberate infection on Charlie, but after the removal everyone - including shaw - seems to totally ignore what just occured, theres a new born alien-human hybrid in the operation pod and NO ONE seemed to care, or even aware of it, we see her staggered into a room and suddenly weyland was there, both have an emotional exchange of weyland convincing shaw to keep trying then all was set and ready to go. Why didnt Shaw question the crew and david who tried to sedate her instead of helping her remove the thing? it was like what happened was all a dream and it didnt mattered.... and did Shaw even know that her boyfriend mutated into a monster and died AGAIN? no body told her? the only reference on the pregnancy we have was the stupid pun david made on Shaw's "Survivability" no really, i can forgive they took off their helmet in an alien world, or even the scientist who illogically tried to "play" with the mutated, alien worm, but this?!

btw how can the surgical pod was made only for human male? they have spaceships but cant make one that can do both? and the most ludicrous thing was that it was brought on and intended to be used by Meredith... A WOMAN, no wait maybe it was for weyland, but Meredith didnt know he was on board... or did she? i forgot

Character Development
There were almost none, but excellent job on the robot David

Bad science
okay... i know this is just a movie and they didnt promote it as scientifically accurate, but still it was too far fetched for a scientifically driven film, anyone with the slightest understanding about genetics will know that its impossible for the engineer to share 100% identical DNA with human..... humans can have different concentration on the pigmentation of the skin, the hair, the melanins on the iris, slight racial difference on average height (10-20cm) and facial features , thats about it. The engineers CANNOT have an average 8.5 feet + height, with dead pale translucent skin, big ass black eyes, no nipples, BLACK BLOOD, hairless and over 9000 intelligence with 100% human DNA? no, it doesnt work like that
I tried not to think about it but i cant, its waaay too absurd, and even if i let that slide, how do you explain the chimpanzee's 94% IDENTICAL DNA with humans/engineer? our coding/sequential differences that points to a similar ancestry? you guys remember jurassic park? one of the main reason why it was so successful was that the cloning method is scientifically accurate, theoretically speaking it CAN work, and it made the movie believable and convincing, but not this, hell no, but i really liked how they use and expand the seeding hypothesis on the story though, personally speaking i think panspermia is the best explanation for how life began on earth.... for now.

The movie's plot is very heavily driven by science, but after watching it the movie felt religious.... remember how shaw insisted that humans were engineered? they asked her for evidence and she said she doesnt have any, she simply "choose to believe"... great... a faith based fanatical scientist (oxymoron) as the protagonist, and it saddens me that almost all movies bring in religion that dealt with origins of life, its like people feel more "special" under the notion that they were created by a higher power, i don't, if that turns out to be true, i'd feel like an inferior slave

Overall though, it was a fun movie, much much better than alien 3-4 but doesnt even come close to 1 and 2, tbh if this film were directed by any other guy id be pretty satisfied, but it was by Ridley Scott, the same guy who made alien, Thelma & Louise, Gladiator... etc I have every right to be dissapointed

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:59 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BlackLips

BlackLips

PostSubject: Re: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 7:16 pm

predators?? no man hell no, AVP was a mistake
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:17 pm

yeah, but that was the one plot hole sort of thing that bugged me, if aliens didn't exist yet in the 2500 or whatever year it was set, how were they in ancient egypt with predators, but yeah avp was crap
Back to top Go down
LazyAlex

LazyAlex

PostSubject: Re: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:16 pm

BlackLips wrote:
btw how can the surgical pod was made only for human male? they have spaceships but cant make one that can do both? and the most ludicrous thing was that it was brought on and intended to be used by Meredith... A WOMAN, no wait maybe it was for weyland, but Meredith didnt know he was on board... or did she? i forgot

it seem to me that she knew and I realized that her cabin/lifeboat/escapepod had been originally made for Weyland almost right away but assumed that he was dead until that scene in the hallway when Meredith and David kept talking about what "He said"

also

they might try to make avp fit with some bs timetravel story and that will be when I stop caring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)   How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS) Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you like the movie Prometheus? (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1