Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Dusty ponders a bit on the offer and decided that the protection of a spellcaster may be enough to at least relocate himself to a new spot in the country. "Yeah, will think on it, at least so I am out of Deadwood turf. Nightshade doesn't really care if anyone leaves Deadwood, in fact I think Nightshades kind of hate the Deadwood. Otherwise I should be fine."

Drake in the other hand seems to silent for the whole time and has a rather conflicted looked on his face.

Sierra takes a moment to take a step out of the light and towards the darker area of the park outside of the illuminated areas before she touched her glasses once more before squinting and seeing no one nearby.

"If they are observing us, then it is beyond my own view sight. But given their MO, they probably have intel on us either now and even maybe a while back. They see every guild member a threat.

On the other hand, I think they view you as an anomaly. While they now know how to counter you, they also seek to try to recruit you as well and will only move against you if you actively oppose them." Sierra looks at Pash with a bit of concern within her eyes. "And I don't want to put you in unnecessary danger if I can help it especially since they are absolutely ruthless to their enemies."

Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 8:41 pm

“You got it Dusty,” said Pash with a beaming smile. “I’m going to get you out of here safely so you can live the life you want. You better not forget me when you become super famous.”

Then the clone spoke to Drake.

“*giggle* made you think twice about your potential future now didn’t I? Well, you know what, I’m willing to help you get out of town too, but only if Dusty here vouches for you.”

The the real Pash spoke.

“So Dusty, you think we should bring him along? You think we can trust him not to turn against us?”

She then spoke to Sierra.

“Recruit me huh? They do realize that dealing with me for an extended period of time will start to drive them mad right?”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Dusty shakes his head. "Drake just looks out for himself mostly. Don't think he wants any of us really but apparently seeing what y'all can do, I don't think he wants to mess with any of y'all. On the flipside, you really don't want to turn your back turns him either. Just let him go if he wants to scram. At for me, thanks for the offer, though I'd doubt I'd be anything famous, just going to live quietly. And maybe do something to make up for the shit I done to help the Deadwoods."

Drake glares at Dusty. "I can talk for myself shithead! But he's got a point though, Deadwood ain't gonna be safe anymore but that's because I realize if just cadets can pull off shit like magic and guerlla warfare, don't want to stick around if the ones that wants to slit ya throat comes by."

Sierra was a bit quiet for a moment, seemingly not paying attention to the now ex-Deadwood members as in going through some thoughts in her head before she spoke up but only soft enough that Pash can hear. "That would scare me ..."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm

“Well, alright then, if you want to go off on your own that is fine by me. Just don’t get into anymore trouble now. Next time I’ll be *giggle* punishing you with much more than just my feet.”

She then turned to Sierra who was still closed to her. She whispered back.

“I’m not sure I follow. I mean, you hang out with me all the time don’t you? What do you think they will make me do?”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 6:58 pm

The two guys decided to vacate the area though Dusty gave a brief wave before he went off to another direction from Drake, it wasn't then that both them made themselves scarce.

Sierra herself almost didn't notice the two of them leave, or didn't really care either way. She did look lost for a moment before she looks a bit worried as she speak.

"Not what they would make you do or how they would recruit you but just the possibility. I had lost a best friend going to the Nightshade once already and...I still haven't gotten over that." The last parts of the sentence was notable softer in volume.
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:54 am

Pash waved back to Dusty as he waved goodbye with a big smile on her face.

“Oh, well you don’t have to worry about me joining them,” replied Pash. “I don’t know if you have noticed, but I’m one of those fiercely independent girls!”

“...that is of course until someone offers me free food,” she added with a giggle.

“But seriously, I’m not the type to join gangs. Goodness knows you tried to get me to work with your people and I’m still holding on to my independence. I mean, I actually like you all. Well, I only know you and the professor, but still. You guys are nice to me, give me food, talk to me like a friend instead of a monster, and still I was like: ‘nope, got to go my own way.’”

She then smiled at Sierra.

“So I would not worry about that if I were you. I just don’t see what they could offer me to get me to join them.”

Saying that made her go quiet for a bit as she thought it through.

Well, there was one thing. But she had been searching for decades now. If she had not found it, how could they? Then again, what if they actually could? Was what she wanted really so much after all? Just the chance to live like a normal girl, do girl things, date boys, get married, build a house together, have kids, raise them with as much love as she could. Was that too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 1:42 pm

Sierra seems to be reflecting the same thing when Pash goes silent. Then again, if they did have a mean to do so, at least Pash would be better off but she did not that she may potentially be antagonizing Pash though.

"Nightshade isn't exactly a gang, it is more like a mafia that actually runs the city before the guild invaded their turf. Sadly I haven't really gotten into the history of what it was like in here before we came. That is all I know about them really other than that we do not really get along.

And yeah I know about the independence. I myself am one...well from the first start and up to now. But still it is nice to learn from others or exchange ideas and that is what keep life interesting. There is a lot of things to learn and experience." She pauses to think for a moment. "I wonder if I should do a lot more traveling once I graduate."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 3:09 pm

“Haha, well I’m not going to tell you not to travel. I’ve learned pretty much everything I know by constantly going from place to place.”

She then tossed her hair in that silly glamorous way she likes to do.

“After all, I did not get so good at charming boys by sitting in a classroom.”

“Speaking of Nightshade, have you been attacked by them before?”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 3:28 pm

Sierra gives Pash a friendly wry smile. "I think I have a lot of catch up to do before I get to that level." But it is true that I will probably get a lot more milage from going further than what I usually go before."

She predictably pauses once more at the mention of Nightshade incidents. "Two encounters but the first one I would use the term attack loosely.

The first one was coming after me since I was a guild member but it turns out that I was a lot better at using the darkness than the person was and I gave them the slip." She gestured towards the bushes where she was before during their skirmish with Deadwood.

"The second one was very odd. I was assaulted by a Nightshade Enforcer, the ones that trade off stealth for combat prowess. What made it weird that during the fight, someone pulled the enforcer into the shadow and before hearing a single knife stabbing. The new assailant was gone and the enforcer was dead."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:09 am

“Ooooo, looks like you have your own Tuxedo Mask, sweeping in to save you from danger when you need it most *giggle*. Though I can’t say I approve of the whole murder thing.”

“Well, do you mind leaving the park for now? I’d like to continue this conversation in a place that is a little more public you know? Some place where there are lots of people around or better yet cute boys in police uniforms to keep me safe *giggle*”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 3:25 pm

She nods as she points towards the direction nearest to the public lit area. Even though she excel in the dark, it wasn't very secure. In the meanwhile, she puts away her crossbow in her basket before taking out two sandwiches and offers one to Pash.

"Umm don't think Tuxedo Mask or any character from a mahou shoujo series would fit in this type of story and if it wasn't for the fact that the enforcer was dead, I could more imagine it was Batman. Hmm I really want to figure how his grappling hook works.

Although I do find it funny that us talking is kind of premise where Batman would be talking to Mami from Puella."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 5:35 pm

“Ooooo, so you have spent some time learning about magical girls I see. You certainly know a lot more about them than when we last met.”

“And I’m sure Mami and Batman would get along just fine. The tragedy of losing their parents will bring them close together and make them best friends.”

“...haha, just so long as Mami does not get *giggle* A-Head of herself with her love of sweets! Hahahaha!....”

She then coughed into her fist.

“Ahem, that was rather tasteless of me. I apologize.”

“...Mami was best girl by the way. I really do wish I could be as cool as her. Dancing through the air, firing those stylish flintlock rifles with such grace…. Oh and that outfit. Ugh, I’m so jealous of her look.”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 6:38 pm

"I actually know a decent amount of them, though admittedly the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series isn't the one I follow the most, just enough to know the characters. What I do like about the series is how it diverges from the normal premise of the mahou shoujo genre.

And yeah that is why I choose Mami instead of someone else like Hamura or Sakura from the Card Captor series, because of that distinctive similar history with Mami and Batman." She then looks at herself as she remembered comparing Pash to Mami and herself to Batman before running into a logical stop. "...I do not brood that much do I?"

She looks a bit confused about Pash's apologies, apparently not getting the actual meaning of what the midara was saying. "So I guess that you are a very big fan of Mami?"
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 5:44 pm

“Oh yes, I absolutely adore Mami. I mean, even though it is very obvious that she is written to be that cool big sister that you never had to the point it is almost cheesy, I still can’t help but wishing I could be as cool as her.”

“*giggle* well, you were all broody when we first met. It’s hard to stay broody for long around me though…”

And once again, she did that silly hair toss.

“...I’m just so full of positive energy that broodiness just can’t sustain itself around the likes of me.”

When Pash was done being dramatic, she took a bite out of the sandwich she had been given.

“Mmmmm, even better than last time. I’m already jealous of the boy that gets to be your boyfriend *giggle*”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm

"Well you count as a big sister I never had, does that count as a point as you being Mami?

"Well to be honest, I am still working on the sweet spot on the amount of flavor most people like for those chicken sandwich. Doesn't help that I sometimes have to juggle different taste preference and ingredients at times."

"Huh I was that broody back then?" Cue facepalm "Oh dear, now I really am Batman incarnate. Hope I don't have to deal with the Joker, his puns really needs work." Sierra slows down her pace as she thought of something. "Wait, didn't you label me as prim and posh before?"
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 1:19 pm

“Awwwww, you think of me as a big sis? Now I’ll have to be even more relentless when it comes to teasing you about boys. *giggle*”

“But I’m glad to you have you my life too, lil sis,” she said with a warm smile.

“Haha yeah, I remember you going on and on about darkness and how your name is a reminder of the gloomy times you will go back to or something like that.”

Pash looked a little embarrassed for a second.

“Heheh, to be honest I kinda tuned you out when you were talking about that. I’m not really one who can follow sad mopey back stories that well haha. I’d much rather think about the what the future might bring.”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:10 pm

"Uh Pash, I don't think I went on that long about darkness. There is my name and what could have happened but only accept it to a degree that it happen but not let it get to me. I didn't intended it to be mopey. Like you, I always move forward, learn and remember from the past, enjoy the present, and plan for the future.

So I guess my outlook is kind of more in the lighter shades of grey. I mean you don't see me flying around Haven and terrorizing criminal, not that I am capable of scaring people anyways. Rawr!" Tries to look intimidating except, true to her words, her stature and lovely red dress destroys any semblance of scariness.
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 5:34 pm

“Haha, see? There you go again, taking everything too seriously. I poke fun at you and now you are giving me a whole paper on how you are not what a girl teasing you says you are. Haha, you know, you are allowed to make fun of me back right?” said Pash with a smile.

“Well, Batman does not go around saying ‘rar’ at people, so there you go, you are absolutely not like Batman haha.”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm

"...oh. Whoops. " She stops to facepalm. "I really couldn't tell if you were teasing me there or not." She rubs the top of her right arm with her left hand awkwardly. "Or that recent incident is still getting at me."

"Well maybe I am not Batman and I definitely am not wanting the "fighting crime" bit but I would still like to take a shot at making a grappling hook." She wants to go further but stop as that may be beyond Pash (or most people's) understanding, instead she opts for the more convenient route. "Would help get to places easier and run when you have unwanted attention."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 9:25 pm

“Well I don’t think it is possible. Then again, there is a lot of magic going on at your guild, so maybe it could work. You probably don’t expect this, but I’ve thought of it too. You see, magic does not exist in Batman’s world. Well, it exists in the universe, but that is when his story got combined with the other characters in that universe. Either way, Batman is not a magic user, nor are any of his gadgets magic based. His grappling hook is explained as being mechanical, the usual explanation being that it is gas powered. However, I just can’t see how a mechanical device powered by gas, not using any magic could be that small. Even if he could only use it once before having to recharge the pressurized gas canister, it would need to be bigger because mechanical parts that small could not support him without breaking, let alone allow him to fly up to the top of buildings. And the actual gas canister would need to be much bigger as well seeing as how it is spinning gears with enough force to not just propel him through the air but all of his armor and other gadgets as well, and we all know that Batman always carries…”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 10:35 pm

Huh?  Sierra didn't know Pash knew that much about Batman's gadgets.  And while she knew Pash's ditzy persona is a front, she wasn't sure how much Pash knows about everything aside from A LOT from being around a long number of years.  Although it is rather humbling that Pash is able to dress down every unrealistic aspect of the grappling hook.

"Yeah those are pretty good point, though I do not need to replicate Batman's grappling hook but, like you said, make our magic setting's version of one and I think I have a few ideas on how I am do this.  

However there are several things that is going to make things more difficult for me though.  The first is that Batman has a lot of resources at his disposal, I have scholarships and grants but nowhere near as much as he does.  He is also able to withstand the kickback of the grappling hook launch and the reel in, something I really need to keep in mind when designing that I do not launch myself backwards.

And then a lot of it is going to be theorycrafting for a while before find one schematic that is actually realistic and doing the actual calculations and equations.  Think I am going to need to borrow some textbooks from the library.  And it is possible that might not be possible yet, at least not with my current resources and knowledge.

It might not be innovative as the communication orbs but it would be fun to make though, even doesn't perform the way Batman's does."
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 12:50 pm

“Haha, if it sent you flying backwards it would be just as good of a means of escape, no?” said Pash while holding back laughter.

“But if you ever get it working let me know alright? I can already imagine myself using it. I’d use it to get away to some hidden spot if some boy picks a fight me me, then I’d wait until he leasts expects it and use it to swoop down on him, unleashing a barrage of kisses on him before he even knows what hit him *giggle*”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm

"Sure but something like this is going to take a while for me to plan out before creating so I really doubt I can make one.  The fastest prototype I can make is involves using my "crossbow" device and firing a projectile with a rope attach or one with a normal crossbow.  Not for very fast escape but can let you traverse a lot more terrains and height or zipline down."  

Sierra takes out the crossbow once more.  Upon closer observation, its appearance seems that have added feature that a crossbow doesn't have, notably the groove that usually holds bolt seems to have a different loading dock that doesn't look like any other weapon has and seems to be more part pneumatic in appearance.

Her eyes seems to be looking over it again as if visualizing a potential way to utilize a way to pull this off.
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 1:31 pm

“Well then you have to worry about the weight of the rope attached to whatever you want to shoot out of that,” said Pash as she pulled out a pair of pink thick rimmed glasses and put them on. They were totally fake. So fake they did not even have lenses.

“Rope is too heavy, your grappling dart does not fly. Rope is too light, it snaps the second you try to use it.” she said with one finger on the frames of her glasses, thinking doing this made her look smart.

“Then there is the matter of storing the rope. If you want to travel anywhere useful with it, you are going to need a good bit of rope, and rope can get really bulky really fast. I suppose metal cables could cut down on bulk, but that brings us back to the weight issue”
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 2:06 pm

"Actually there is a material that is both light and resilient so that it is portable enough to use in such a situation but strong enough that it can support my weight and perhaps more, graphene. The problem really is finding a source of the material in this region to make a rope.

The other in a bit out of my field since I do not have extensive knowledge in fauna biology and chemistry and that is spider silk. Spiders are more indiginous in this region while having a quite variety of species, a good amount of them the silk producing type. Of course I myself cannot natively get these silk as I don't have the knowledge or the means of obtaining said silk." She sighs briefly in longing. "Which is a shame because I can make some fabulous outfits with silk which not like looks very nice but can last quite a while and withstand being torn."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)   Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Epiphany within Shadows. (Concluded)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next