Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LoveBun

LoveBun

Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black Empty
PostSubject: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:35 pm

So, here's my second attempt at a hero, this time modeled after Astolfo from the Fate series - one of my favorite Servants and characters from that series in general, in fact. I did my best to try and make their playstyle interesting though I'm uncertain how balanced they actually are, if you have any critique for how to rebalance at all then feel free, just trying my best to stay loyal to the character and such.

Name: Astolfo, Rider of Black

Appearance:

Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black Latest?cb=20180228121253Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black Latest?cb=20160309054320

Weapons: Slender sword, Noble Phantasms (La Black Luna, Luna Break Manual / Casseur de Logistille, Hippogriff, Trap of Argalia)

Biography: Astolfo is the True Name of the Rider of Black and is one of the Twelve Paladins of Charlemagne, a Frankish king and Holy Roman Emperor who led a unification effort of Europe throughout the Early Middle Ages. Astolfo is the child of an English king and is often described as the most handsome, optimistic and senseless of Charlemagne's Paladins and is a renowned adventurer, having tamed and ridden numerous mounts and having traveled far and wide - the most impressive of their journeys leading them to the Moon on the back of a hippogriff. Due to unknown circumstances, Astolfo has manifested into reality as a Servant without a clear Master and thus has taken to continuing their adventures in a world plagued by dangerous and seductive midara, a dangerous time for even Astolfo as they have been known to be drawn by the allure of beautiful women.

Personality: Astolfo is an impulsive adventurer and thrill-seeker, making difficult decisions on a whim without making time for regrets. Often described as senseless, Astolfo has a tendency to land themselves in mischief when given the opportunity and relishes the chance at essentially living a 'second life' while they can in order to continue their misadventures. They are eternally optimistic and joyful, if somewhat flirty with a tendency to lead conversations with others to become somewhat awkward and is an infamous blabbermouth, unable to keep secrets or know when exactly to stop talking.

Moves & Attacks:

Mechanic: Noble Phantasms

Astolfo relies heavily on the use of their Noble Phantasms, worldly treasures that hold a deep association with the legend of their character. Noble Phantasms require the use of 'mana', or in this case Willpower, to use and are a costly investment for Astolfo. Astolfo must sacrifice 1 Willpower damage in order to use any of their Noble Phantasms and all of them - aside from Hippogriff: Otherworldly Phantom Horse - can be used more than once so long as Astolfo has the Willpower to spend.

Passive Effects

Magical Resistance: Astolfo possesses the Luna Break Manual Noble Phantasm, which grants them a form of passive Magical Resistance. Astolfo automatically negates up to 1 Willpower damage when hit with a successful attack targeting their Willpower.

Regular Attacks

Slash: Astolfo slashes at their target using their slender sword as a standard attack. A successful attack deals 2 Stamina damage.

Monstrous Strength (Passive): Astolfo increases the power and potency of their physical attacks by exerting an almost ridiculous amount of strength from themselves. Astolfo's next physical attack will deal an additional +3 Stamina damage on top of the regular damage of the attack.

Evaporation of Sanity (Passive): Astolfo loses their sense of reasoning and logic, beginning to carelessly chatter about his and others' weaknesses, reveal secrets and forgetting important events and details in exchange for relying on their insanity and instincts to guide them through 'the optimal path'. Astolfo's opponent rolls twice on their next attack - if one of those rolls is a miss, it cancels out any successful attacks, to represent Astolfo's irrational evasiveness while abandoning reason and rationality.

Noble Phantasms

La Black Luna: Astolfo reaches for an instrumental horn hung from their belt, which swiftly turns into a gargantuan instrument of monstrous and unwieldy proportions before they inhale a deep breath and blow into it, producing a deafening sound similar to a dragon's roar, a giant bird's cry and a divine horse's neighing. A successful attack deals 4 Stamina damage and deafens all who hear it aside from Astolfo themselves for a turn. This attack cannot be buffed by Monstrous Strength.

Luna Break Manual / Casseur de Logistille: Astolfo relies on their Luna Break Manual to grant them their passive Magical Resistance, although this is not the true extent of its ability. By inciting the True Name of this Noble Phantasm - only achievable if the Moon is not in the sky - they can increase their Magical Resistance to negate up to 5 Willpower damage for a turn.

Hippogriff: Otherworldly Phantom Horse: Astolfo uses a turn to summon a Monstrous Beast in the form of a Hippogriff to fight at their side, climbing atop it in order to ride it and do battle. The Hippogriff possesses 8 Stamina and 8 Willpower and possesses two primary abilities when ridden - it can be used to remove itself and Astolfo from battle for a turn, or it can allow Astolfo to perform a flying charge against their target and deliver a powerful attack for 8 Stamina damage before returning from whence it came. Every turn the Hippogriff is summoned deals 2 Willpower damage to Astolfo, as it drains their mana to maintain its existence in the world, and can only be summoned once per battle.

Trap of Argalia: Down with a Touch!: Astolfo summons an ornate, shining golden lance and uses it to joust against their target, although Argalia itself has low killing potential by itself and does not serve as its primary function. A successful attack from Argalia causes 1 Stamina damage and the Paralyzed status as it briefly deprives Astolfo's target of the use of their legs. This attack has no effect against opponents that do not require the use of their legs.
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 3:13 pm

tfw you will never get an astolfo midara type thing
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:44 pm

Why are you using they

Is that supposed to be a guy

I know nothing of Fate and am so confused

The moves are creative though so it's all cool

it's kind of cute tho

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:52 pm

DarkHeroAxel wrote:
Why are you using they

Is that supposed to be a guy

I know nothing of Fate and am so confused

The moves are creative though so it's all cool

it's kind of cute tho

Yeah, Alstolfo is a guy. But apparently likes keeping it a secret?
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:20 pm

PieForPi wrote:
Alstolfo is a guy

I knew it was too good to be true

LoveBun

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 12:13 am

Astolfo doesn't go by either male or female. In their initial appearance in the Fate/Apocrypha novel, they're introduced via a profile with the information surrounding their gender being crossed out as 'a secret', and their profile for Fate/Grand Order also does the same thing and, AFAIK, largely uses gender neutral language in reference to them in both English and Japanese. They can also join gender-locked fights for either men and women in certain events.

Not meaning to detract from things things here but, yeah, that's why I use they / them for Astolfo, because it's officially what they're supposed to go by :p
Back to top Go down
BR0K3NH41KU

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black EmptyTue Dec 25, 2018 8:01 pm

Yuna wrote:
tfw you will never get an astolfo midara type thing

ikr? TT_TT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black   Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black Empty

Back to top Go down

Hero: Astolfo - Knight of Evaporated Sanity, Rider of Black
Page 1 of 1