Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PieForPi

Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  Empty
PostSubject: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Reisen tried to calm herself down as she walked through the street toward the unfamiliar address. Soma had already found a job offer for her. She was grateful that he had helped her so quickly. Even if part of her ached that this meant she might not be staying with him much longer..

The former soldier glanced at the crumpled up paper that was telling her where to go. She recalled all of her medical knowledge, but that was mostly how to stabilize someone long enough to get them to an actual doctor. She wasn't sure how helpful that would actually be here.

The moon rabbit triple checked that she had the right place and took a deep breath. After standing there for several minutes, she finally worked up the nerve to proceed and knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:44 pm

The rabbit would be greeted not by June herself, but by her ghostly assistant, Airi. Peeping the door open to get a look, she looked a little surprised by someone actually coming to see them who wasn't injured or carrying someone injured.

"Oh, hi! You must be Reisen, right? You definitely match the description. Come in, come in!"

She beckoned her into the place and lead her to a couch.

"I'm the doc's assistant, Airi. It's nice to meet you! Doc's currently in the shower, but she'll be out really soon. In the meantime, make yourself comfortable!" With that, she floated off through a wall, but made sure to leave a cup of tea out for both June when she got done and their current guest.

Sure enough, June was nearly done in the shower, her red translucent body needing the relaxation after a particularly stressful operation a few days ago. It wouldn't be long, now.

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 pm

"Y-Yes, that's right." Reisen admitted. She was a little put off from meeting a ghost at what she was told was a clinic.

The moon rabbit quietly followed the ghostly aid inside. She cautiously took a seat as her eyes scanned the room. "By the moon." She muttered to herself after Airi left. She was so nervous her first instinct was to look for possible cover and escape routes. Calm down. This is a job interview not a war zone. You can do this.

Reisen took a sip of the tea that was left for her with a grimace . It wasn't bad. It's just... she still was getting used how some of the things tasted down here.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:01 pm

June had just finished with her shower, her body feeling so much better. All those knots needed was a good bit of hot water. She had started putting her body covering back on, not exactly a fast process but a neccessary one, when Airi had popped her head through her door.

"Hey Doc! You've got a visitor~ A very white, fluffy and rabbit shaped one."

Hah, I see Soma passed on that little remark we made a few days ago. That's good. I was thinking about going to meet her myself. This works out perfectly.

"Excellent. Thank you, Airi. I trust you already got her a refreshment while she waited?"

"Of course~ She's waiting down in the living room for you."

"Perfect."

Airi popped her head back through the door as June finished assembling her covering. Taking her best lab coat, one that covered the majority of her body aside from the very ends of her arms, she made her way downstairs to meet her guest.

And sure enough, there she was, sitting on the couch. She was a cute little thing, well dressed for the occasion as well. But she was so fidgety, and it was present in both her body language and her soul. It'd be normal to have a case of the nerves before an interview, but it felt a little more...deep rooted than that.

"Ah, you must be Reisen. Good to meet you finally. Soma's told me about you."

She reached out her arm as a greeting. "I'm June. It's a pleasure to meet you."

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Reisen couldn't help but wince at the mention of Soma, but reached out to shake the doctor's hand, regardless. "Yes, I'm Reisen. It's nice to meet you as well." She forced down another sip of tea before she continued. "Ah, h-how much did he tell you about me, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Ooh, think I stepped on a nerve with that mention. Dial it back, June, or at this point she might end up bolting.

"Not too much. Just enough to get an idea."

She put a reassuring hand on her shoulder with a warm smile. "Relax, dear. No one's gonna bite your head off."

She let go and went to sit on a chair across from where Reisen was sitting. "I'll be honest, I'm not much for these kinds of procedures myself, so we're both a little new at this. Let's just take things one step at a time, okay?"

She took a sip of the tea herself. "Let's start with a little background. Tell me about yourself, Reisen. As much as you feel like sharing."

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:21 pm

Reisen took a deep breath to try and calm herself down. "I'm a... former soldier of the Lunar Army." she said hesitantly.

She took another sip as she tried to gather her thoughts. "And for a time... I even served directly under the Princesses."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Perhaps that was a traumatic time for her? She's definitely not entirely open about it, and I can feel how uncomfortable she is about the topic.

June had pulled out a notebook and had been taking notes randomly as they came to her. "Hmm. I see. I had heard about the Lunarians before Soma mentioned your name but I had never met one in person."

"Tell me, do you have any experience in treating various injuries on the field? It doesn't have to be anything serious. Was that something you were trained in at the time? Does the thought of blood or other various signs of injury make you feel...squeamish?"

"And if I overstep my boundaries with a question or two, please, feel free to tell me. I wouldn't want you to feel uncomfortable."

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 pm

"It's fine." Riesen waved off June's concern. "I do have a bit field experience, and it is something I've had some training with."

The moon rabbit took a deep breath and took another sip of tea. "As for being squeamish... as long as its not someone I know I should be fine... I think?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 pm

Excellent. She might not need as much training as I thought. Especially if it's military trained. If it's anything like soldiers here are trained, she'll at least have the basics drilled into her. "Not someone she knows", hmm? Interesting.

She took some extra notes down on her pad for that. "Good, good. Such a thing would probably come in handy. Of course, you might need to be brought through a quick refresher before I let you loose on any potential patients. Would that be acceptable? I promise it won't be too strenuous. Just enough to know the basics, what certain tools are, how to handle small injuries, etc."

"Now, you've told me about your past, and abilities. But now, I'd like to know a little about you, personally. Would you be willing to assist a patient with small cuts, bruises, splinters, what have you, if I wasn't available at the time for whatever reason? How would a situation like that make you feel?"

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 11:59 pm

"It certainly can't hurt to make sure I have the basics down." Reisen agreed with a nod. "As for helping out with patients with minor injuries while you're busy... I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with that."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 am

She's doing very well with the marks. I'm impressed. She's not out of the woods yet, though.

"That's good. Such a case may arise every once in a while. Likely not until you are comfortable working in the environment, however, so you don't need to worry about that."

"That said, you probably have some questions about this place. I'm sure you could tell this place isn't exactly a normal doctor's office. Feel free to ask whatever you like, and I'll answer it to the best of my ability. In fact, let me get one out of the way right now."

Slowly, June started to remove the coat she was wearing and give the rabbit a look at the real June.

"I keep this on mainly for appearances sake. Most regulars are fine with it, but I'd like to be completely transparent with you."

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

As the woman before her shed her coat, Reisen felt every muscle in her body tense. Before she even realized she was doing it, she had flipped over the couch and used it as cover. Her hands formed a gun and magic was building in her finger tips.

Get a hold of yourself!

The former soldier forced her attack to fizzle out and shakily got back to her feet. She tried to calm down but her heart was still racing by the time she got back in her seat. She tried to take a deep breath, but instead blurted out. "I kind of thought it was odd that a ghost was working at a medical facility."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 am

June had kept a straight face going the entire display.

It seems her soldier nerves are still intact. That's good. I feel bad though, clearly I almost gave the girl a heart attack.

"Forgive me, dear. I couldn't think of a good way to really say what I was thinking, so I figured it'd be better to simply show you and let you take it as it comes."

"I'm sure I've raised quite a few more questions for you. Let me knock out a few for you. Before you ask, yes, I am human. I've just been through...quite a bit, in my time. What you see before you isn't just magic, but science."

"Airi's a Wraith. I picked her up during some work on the field, and she's been my assistant ever since. Don't worry dear, she's harmless. At least with me around."

"And as you could tell, I'm not exactly normal anymore." On cue, she ignited a ball of ghostly flame in her hands to emphasize her point. "I may be a doctor by trade, but I'm also a necromancer. I'm sure that's a conflicting topic, but you'd be surprised how much these two trades intersect. I didn't quite pick up the art for medical reasons, but that reason is a much longer answer and far more personal."

"Doc's got a lot of secrets in her closet~ Along with the skeletons~" Airi poked her head behind Reisen, no doubt probably spooking the girl even more. She was carrying a tea pitcher and refilled both of our glasses.

"Airi, dear, be gentle with this one."

"Okay doooc~" she said as she floated off.

"I'm sure there's a few more besides those I addressed. Please, go ahead."

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:41 am

"Where do I begin?" Reisen accidentally wondered aloud. "Di-did you somehow manage to resurrect yourself?"

Upon releasing what she just said, the moon rabbit's hand impacted her face as her cheeks turned red.

"S-s-so... How do you know Soma?" Reisen changed the topic to something hopefully lighter so she could get her thoughts back in order.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 12:52 am

She chuckled a little at the thought of it, and her reaction to clearly voicing her own thoughts. "No, no, if it was that easy, well, I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't be here. No, I haven't died yet. I've come close, though. What you see here is the only way I can get this body working the way it used to. It's also a bit more receptive of magic, which was necessary for my own purposes. Being paralyzed from the waist down had its disadvantages."

And then Soma came up.

...Soma was dating her, wasn't she? Hmm. This is going to be an interesting topic.

"Soma is...a very good friend of mine. I owe him a lot, and I guess I could say I admire him. He's been...an incredible help in the short amount of time that I've known him. I'm honestly blessed that I came to meet him."

Now how in the world am I going to explain the fact that I may have had sex with him in this house? Well, and with her being accepting of it.

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:00 am

"Yeah, he's a great guy." Reisen agreed with an airy sigh. "Even after what happened he was still willing to help me out; with finding a job and even trying to put a roof over my head. And he gave the most amazing hugs." She recalled fondly.

The rabbits ears drooped as she stared at her tea. "I never did deserve him." she sadly stated.

Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 am

A bit of an inferiority complex, I see. Might make that tricky to dance around.

"I assume that's why Soma let you know of my interest. He did let slip of some accident of some sort but I was surprised how well he took it. He made it a point that I shouldn't be upset with you over it. And honestly, after today, it only reinforces what he told me. That you're just trying to find your place in the world. Trust me when I say that everyone stumbles every once in a while. Lord knows I have."

"Truth be told, I was interested in meeting you myself. I wanted to see what kind of person you were for myself. And so far, I'm not disappointed."

"While I'm not sure if this place would be your ultimate goal, I'd be more than willing to be that first step for you. That said, I have one thing I would like to say."

Oh boy, time to drop that bombshell.

She fidgeted just a little with her drink, clearly not sure how to handle this topic. "I'm not sure exactly how much Soma has told you about me, but...he and I are...dating. Is that...an issue for you?"

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 am

Reisen froze at June's words. The cup of tea slipped out her hands and shattered against the floor.

Dating. She was his actual girlfriend.

"How?" She asked weakly. Her chest felt like it was being crushed. "How can you possibly be okay with me after what I did to him?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 am

She winced a little at the breaking glass but otherwise kept her composure.

"I got iiit~"

As if on cue, Airi had popped out from a wall with a broom and a mop. Within seconds, the mess was cleaned up and she had popped back through the wall.

Damn she was a good maid.

She got up from her chair and had made her way over to Reisen, sitting on the couch next to her.

"In truth, I wasn't at first. Someone had hypnotized a friend of mine into being their girlfriend? How would I not be upset at hearing that?"

"But Soma wasn't. He insisted that it was an accident, and that I shouldn't be mad at you because of it. That you two had worked it out, and were still friends. That was nice to hear, but, let's just say we're more alike than you might think. We're both paranoid." She chuckled a little to herself at the remark.

"Truth be told, I wanted to meet you. If you hadn't shown up today, I would have likely tried to make a scenario where I would get a chance to talk with you. I wanted to see what kind of person you were. The kind of person, that after an event like that, Soma not only trusted but stood up for. And you know what?"

"I see where he's coming from. You strike me as the kind of person who would never do something like that intentionally to anyone. But it's a bit more than that."

She reached out and lightly grazed her hand. Reisen would feel a slight pang from her soul at the touch, intentionally so to give her an idea. "The necromancy thing comes with a few perks. One of them is I can essentially "hear" souls. Souls say a lot more than a person would, there's no filter over them, even if they are purely emotions. And what it tells me is that you're a good person. Confused, maybe. Guarded, perhaps. But not malicious, or wanting, or anything that would lead me to believe that you were lying to him. And, honestly? That's good enough for me." she finished with a calm smile, looking Reisen right in the eyes.

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:37 am

"So, he left out the part where I nearly raped him in an alley?" Reisen noted blankly as her mind replayed those events. "Even if I was drugged up on 'taint', there's no way what I did should just be forgiven like that."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:41 am

I see that insecurity complex is not going to be that easy to break.

"...I think he did forget that part. But that doesn't change anything I said. He has forgiven you, even if he was a little upset at first. And therefore, so do I. Especially now that I've gotten to know you. Accidents are accidents, and in a world like ours, accidents can come in all shapes and sizes. But in the end, it's as simple as that."

Getting up from the couch, she had moved back to her seat. "So tell me, Reisen, you didn't answer my question. Would living in the same household as I bother you?"

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:56 am

Reisen grabbed her head as her thoughts raced. What kind of messed up world is this?

"I don-" She cut herself off and took a deep breath. "Yes." She admitted. "It would bother me. Seeing you with him. I don't know if these are my own feelings, or just because of some midara residue or whatever, but I like Soma. Seeing someone else with him... That's going to hurt."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:05 am

It's good that she's honest, at least. If she had said no and not meant it, I would have probably felt it.

"That's perfectly normal. Here's the thing. I want to do something nice for you, put a roof over your head, give you a job and the freedom to do what you like. You fit all of my qualifications and anything else I could train into you with little effort. You've even got a great work ethic and experience. Truth be told, you're a catch when it comes to something like this."

"But, I don't want to push you into a situation that would make you feel uncomfortable. So I'll propose this: What would I need to do to make it so you would accept that offer in good faith? That would be, at least slightly less uncomfortable for you?"

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 2:17 am

Reisen closed her eyes as she tried to think. Her mind went all over the place; from June punishing her for what she did to Soma to outright demanding that June break up with him.

"I don't know." Reisen admitted as she felt the turmoil in her very soul. She looked at the doctor, her eyes flickering. "But if you think me being here will get in the way of you and Soma then I'll just leave now."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)    Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldier meets Doctor (Or Soma's ex-girlfriend meets his new girlfriend)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next