Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

June in the Mansion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

June in the Mansion - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 1:58 pm

June's hand was over her mask as she looked over what was presented to her. Maya's bare skin was riddled with injuries, scars, bruises, and marks that would likely stay on her person her entire life. To call it shocking would be an understatement.

Even before the injury that happened today, what she noticed straight away was a horrific scar, a memory of a terrible gash that would have killed any normal person. Wordlessly, June traced a finger across it, feeling if what she was seeing was truly real or not.

The indentation on her finger was all the reality she needed. What June was seeing was entirely true. An injury that would have been fatal beyond belief. And yet, here Maya was, living to tell the tale. As she did, June's eyes scanned over her body and the various other ones that littered her body.

Some of them had clearly been on Maya's body for some time, as they looked settled into her. One in particular looked quite red, however, indicating its recency. And it looked very different from the others: the marks were not something you'd find with a standard weapon. If anything, the wound looked almost...beastial.

"You've been through so much, haven't you..." June whispered this softly, taking in all that she was seeing. One thought went through her mind as she lifted her finger from Maya's body. Her gaze fell upon the new wound, the mixture of red and purple from it showing internal injury even at a first glance.

No more.

June's hand balled up and shook ever so slightly, determined now more than ever. "Airi, get me my scalpel. We'll begin immediately."

Hours went by, as the clock ticked. The small fox still waited patiently behind closed doors, silently hoping for her master. Soma had found a place to lean on, and his own exhaustion had caught up to him, sending him into a light sleep.

It felt like an eternity for the poor little creature, who felt so powerless at everything that was going on around her. And then, after so long...

The door to the basement slowly opened, revealing the doctor, her assistant, and Maya, being carried in June's arms. She was in a hospital gown, her wound covered via bandage and stitched underneath. Maya was fast asleep in her arms, but looked fairly peaceful in her slumber, despite everything that had happened.

Last edited by DarkHeroAxel on Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 2:13 pm

The little fox raised her ears when she heard someone approaching, her tail wagging when she saw the door open and June come out with Maya on her arms, the witch looked like she was sleeping pleasantly and the little fox couldn't help but to let out some excited squeaks of happiness as she jumped around June, carefully to not get in her way whilst carrying Maya.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 2:36 pm

Airi floated by June, silent. That had been a rather hair-raising experience..And yet..here they were. Smiling, she looked down at the silver haired boy, and then at the squeaking fox. "Someone seems happy~"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 2:48 pm

June chuckled a little as she saw the pure joy on the little fox's face. "Indeed. She must take good care of her."

The look of exhaustion was present on June's face as she carried Maya, even if she tried to avoid showing it. It had been quite the day for her, too.

Slowly, June carried her to the bed she had originally slept in, one of the guest rooms, and gently slid her into the bed, making sure she was comfortable in her sleep. Just as she did, June wobbled a little and almost fell, before Airi caught her.

"I-I want...to wait for her, to wake up. My job isn't, over yet." June, determined to see things all the way through, brought a chair over next to the bed, and sat next to her, ready to watch over her as she slept. Cautiously, she took one of Maya's hands in hers.

"Rest easy, Maya...I'm here for you." Her voice was a hushed whisper, and anyone hearing it would be able to feel the care and concern in her voice. She looked back to Airi. "I'll..be fine. It's alright."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 2:58 pm

The little fox followed June around and as she placed the witch on the bed, Eri jumped onto the bed and softly snuggled against Maya, with a tired squeak.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 4:06 pm

"I'll stay with you, then." Airi floated by June, a silent guardian, watching over her. She wasn't going to leave June alone when she was so exhausted.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Tried as she might, June wasn't able to hide how much the action had taken it out of her in that weak smile. Normally, a surgery like that wouldn't take the wind out of June's sails quite this strong, but she couldn't help but admit that stress might have had a hand it it, too. Even if she trusted in herself, and Maya, June still had that worry in the back of her mind as she worked, especially after what had caused it earlier.

"...thank you, Airi. You're...a good assistant. And a better friend." She took her one free hand and wrapped them around the wraith holding her close. It was a familial gesture, one that June had gotten used to, after a while. In the time that they'd known each other, the two had grown very close to each other, like sisters.

She released Airi, who returned to floating by her side. "Then, we'll wait together." She turned her attention back to Maya, her hand never leaving the witch's as she slept. June didn't know how long the medicine would affect her, but she was prepared to stay awake that long, even if part of her wanted to go to sleep just like Maya was doing.

It would be hours before Maya even started to stir from her slumber, likely greeted by the visage of June's smiling, reassuring face.

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 10:04 am

Maya let out a groan as she opened her eyes after many hours of sleep. They were met with the beautiful figure of June, who even now was watching over her. Maya could see the doctor's own eyes were beginning to get bleary and June's every blink was longer and longer.

Next to her cheek, she could feel the warm fur of a very special tiny fox, who was sleeping soundly next to her. Gently, the witch brushed her free hand across Eri's body, from head to tail.

"June..." Maya called out, gripping her hand in return. "What happe-augh!" she cried in pain after a failed attempt at getting up. "That bad, huh..."

Last edited by SnowInSummer on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 12:52 pm

Even in June's semi-drowsy state, her arm darted to Maya's side as she tried to rise, her own doctorial instincts kicking in as she kept her from going too straight. "You...need to rest. You hurt yourself, pretty badly, internally. It'll take a little time before you're fully healed." She gently guided Maya back to her original position, laying on the bed.

"You gave us...quite the fright, back there, but...as long as you don't, push yourself too hard, you'll make a full recovery in no time!" The only thing on June's face was weariness, and genuine happiness at Maya's slow recovery.

"Because of how...unique, the situation was, I want to, be sure that things worked...the way they should. So I waited for you. Aside from, well...that, how are you feeling?"

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 1:03 pm

Maya could only let out a chuckle at June's overly protective behavior, a chuckle that was followed by even more pained grunts. "Aside from feeling like I'm getting stabbed, very well."

Her gaze was facing the ceiling, her mind lost in thought, a state that was showing on her face as well. "I did scare you, didn't I? That was the intention... that and much more." Maya's voice was a mixture of regret and confusion. Her hand was still holding onto June's, perhaps slightly tighter than before. "But I couldn't go on with it..."

Maya tightened her grip further, a tinge of sadness showing on her lifeless black eyes. "June... have you ever felt like you were losing yourself?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 1:39 pm

June's own face had a tinge of sadness on it as well, listening to Maya's thoughts and feelings. It was clear that even she was confused at things as they were now. Even without having to see her soul, just one look at her face would show the conflict that her mind was in. Every word had to count, to this one woman who needed it more than ever right now.

She thought for a moment before answering, wanting to give her the best one she could. "Losing myself...probably not to the level that you seem to be wrestling with, but..."

June took a deep breath as she had her own memories come back to her, looking down at her lap. "For the greater part of the last...decade, I suppose...I traveled. I spent so long looking that...I could feel myself changing from it. It was just myself, desperately searching for something that...even I was losing faith in. It probably made me a little cynical, too...going so long, on my own, and every turn, not giving me the answers I wanted. It was...more frustrating than...you might ever imagine."

She looked back up at Maya. "But then...I met Airi. Would you believe, that...she tried to eat me, at first? And now...now we're as close as family. And then I met Soma, and...and so many other wonderful people."

"I...I suppose I lost, a bit of myself. But...they all, brought me back, to the way things used to be. Back to how I wanted things to be. Even if...I'm still looking for it, they...kept me who I am. The people that...that I cared for...and cared for me back." June had a smile that Maya could tell so many emotions from: happiness, relief, and maybe even a tinge of of melancholy.

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 1:57 pm

The woman let out a sigh. "So that is the answer, huh? Having people around that care." she said, turning her head towards June and looking her in the eye. "Like... you."

Maya flashed her a warm smile as she moved her hand to rest on June's shoulder. "Thank you so much." Maya's smile then promptly faded, her expression dead serious. "But what you're doing to me is the opposite of that. I will never be brought back." she closed her eyes briefly, contemplating for a moment. "I think I realize it now... just how utterly lost I am."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 5:48 pm

There was no doubt in her mind that Maya's own thoughts wouldn't be helped by June's words alone. They were deep-rooted, and very different from her own struggle. But that wasn't going to stop her from trying, no matter the reason. The opposite of that...if June wanted to eventually find herself, then...

June's hand tightened in hers. "Am I...am I making you, more lost? Is what I'm doing...hurting you, more than help...?"

June's face turned from worried, to determined, as she looked her in the eye. "You don't...know what it is you want, anymore...do you? It must be terrifying to not feel like...there's a 'self' to find, out there."

"But...but even so!" June's voice grew louder as she grew impassioned about it all. "You make your own identity! If you can't find it, or even if you don't want to find it...t-then you can make your identity yourself! Maya...you don't have to do it on your own, either." Even if she wanted to ignore it, her body was starting to fail her, as fatigue was taking over. But she was still fighting it, for Maya's sake.

"You don't have to...be brought back. You just have to...have to find, you. A you, that you want to be. It might be...a you that you already are, or...it might be something, entirely new. But...I know you'll find it. Because...you're a strong person, Maya. Even through the 'weakness' that...you think you have. A-And...I want to...I want to show you...how much of a strength it...it really...is..." June's head was spinning by this point, even as she perservered on. It would likely be visible on her face for Maya, however, that she was pushing herself this hard for her sake, and continued to do so.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 pm

"She's got a point, you know." Footsteps resounded as a certain silver haired boy walked in, rubbing his eyes. "You two got loud....Woke me up...But June's right. Make your own identity....Look at me. I'm the reincarnation of a vampire hellbent on wiping out humanity. People have either tried to force that mantle on me, or take his power for themselves."

Celia..Dimitri....The faces of those he had fought against flashed in his mind, causing him to let out a slow, somewhat shaky breath.

"But I turned them down. I'm me. Soma Cruz. And now, Maya..I need to ask. Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 10:13 am

Maya turned to Soma, looking a little more confident. "Well, you heard June. I'll have to find myself before I can answer that, wherever that self lies and whatever I make of it."

She had seen it the moment she woke up, June's exhaustion. It did not take any effort to notice her trying very hard to stay awake. "Thank you for staying with me, June, but you need to rest. You don't have to worry about anything while you're away, I don't pull the same trick twice." she said, softly caressing June's shoulder.

"And Soma?" she called out hesitatingly. "I'm... sorry, for what I did to you."

Saying those words would have taken great effort for Maya, but now it was different; now she couldn't feel more at ease acting like this. Never in a million years did the witch expect this turn of events to take place, let alone shake her to the core. June really was something else.

Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 6:23 pm

"....Eh."

Soma shrugged, looking over at the witch, his expression indifferent.

"Been through worse. Just know that you still aren't a better kisser than June." Slowly did the mask crack to show a small smile. He seemed at least a little amused by this whole situation, if he was willing to tease her.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:00 pm

June blinked a few times, trying to get her bearings. It was starting to get rather fuzzy, and hard to focus. She didn't think she was that tired. She usually had plenty of energy after going through with a surgery. Maybe it was the feeling that she was helping someone in a way that only she could. She never really saw herself as a thrill seeker, so that definitely wasn't it.

But because of a combination of factors and feelings, right now June could barely keep her eyes open. She was happy that the color and personality was starting to return on Maya's face, more than she could imagine. She wanted to tell her that she'd be with her to help her find herself, that she was so happy that she was trying to make a change in her life for the better. She wanted to hug her, hold her close from everything that's happened today. However, in her current state, she didn't think she could.

"I...I-I think I'm...fine...I'm just a little...tired, that's all...b-but, I should...let you, sleep...you need your rest..." June, still determined to see things through, gave a weak smile that didn't look quite all there. Even still, it had a lot of happiness behind it.

Without warning, June let out a small groan as her body toppled forward, her face colliding with the bed, a portion next to Maya, with a soft pompf. Even in this position that would probably look uncomfortable, June had lost the will to keep going, and was almost instantly out like the light. The last thing on her mind before it all faded away was that she hoped Maya still wanted to learn medicine with her...

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 am

Maya smiled down at her, gently brushing June's golden hair with her hand.

"Much as I'd like to do this all day, she needs to rest well." the witch addressed Soma. "All of us do, it seems." she let out a relaxed sigh. "But before you go, I want you to give me my hat and mirror, place them right next to me."
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 10:02 am

Soma chuckled, petting June's head as she became fatigued. "Will do. Airi, if you could?"

With a nod, Airi disappeared, returning shortly with said hat and mirror, putting them next to the bed-ridden witch as Soma carried June to her own room. The gelatin doctor necromancer needed her sleep, damnit.
Back to top Go down
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 10:28 am

The witch grabbed her valued possessions. She had placed her hat on the nightstand, careful not to hurt herself with the movement. But the mirror she clutched tightly in hand, inspecting every corner of it before even thinking of being at ease. Maya tried not to let this show, but in her current state, Soma and Airi could easily see her worry.

"Thank you..." Maya said as she turned over to the side. A sharp jolt of pain stung her through the stomach, prompting her to go back to her original position. "All right... I'll sleep like this then."

The sleeping doctor was softly carried away by Soma and Airi, leaving Maya all alone with her little fox. She continued to pet the snuggling fox, watching over her with a loving gaze, until sleep took hold of her as well.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am

The cloaked figure was observing the duel, the stranger had the witch grabbed by the neck, seeing this, the shadow readied herself to strike, having nothing but a simple dessert knife, luckily, this shadow knew where to aim for a swift elimination but it seemed it wouldn't be needed. As the shadow was ready to pounce, Maya managed to get free and reverse the situation, after a while it seemed like the shadow wouldn't need to intervene but one thing was sure, Maya seemed safe now and the stranger was taking her to her own house so the shadow decided to silently follow them...

The house seemed to be safe enough for Maya, the shadow finally felt like she could breath peacefully and focus on her next priority: getting food. Heading back into the woods, the shadow noticed a few animals but with her current gear it couldn't ensure that they would be hunted instead, the shadow noticed a sleeping owl on a branch, with deadly precision, the shadow threw the knife at the owl, piercing it through the jugular, killing it instantaneously and securing her meal.

After a while, the shadow had took all the feathers out of the owl, leaving it ready to be cooked on a nearby campfire she prepared, night was starting to fall while the shadow cooked the owl but something got her attention... Footsteps... And they weren't from an animal, they were from a human... "Who's... There..." Said a female and almost silent voice, belonging to the shadow as she got ready to defend herself if necessary.
Back to top Go down
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 12:59 pm

The sound of leaves crunched underfoot grew ever-louder. Whoever owned those footsteps was heading straight for her, not a single step in the wrong direction. Her enhanced hearing let her pick up an impressive number of things about the stranger approaching her in the dead of the night.

The stranger was a man. He wore some sort of heavy boots, very bad for a silent approach. His steps were brash, forceful and loose at the same time. His posture was completely relaxed, walking confidently towards her small campfire. This shouldn't be possible, she thought, the light of the flames should be all but obstructed by the thick woods.

She readied her knife, snuffed out the flame and waited. This man, he seemed to harbor no fear of the unknown - yet him coming directly to her could only mean one thing...

"Ooh, eating an owl, that's nasty business." a carefree voice was heard; it hid an uncomfortable sharpness when uttering those last words. The voice belonged to the stranger in question: a man with slicked-back raven hair, covered with a brown leather jacket extending past his waist. "Saw a couple deer prancing about."

He took a few more steps towards the cloaked figure, no sign of fear in his deep, blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:41 pm

The woman's eyes were was observing the man very carefully, the knife was ready to strike if necessary. "Stop... Who are you...?" She said in the same silent voice but never dropping her guard, she was exhausted and hungry, she didn't had the chance to rest nor eat and it was starting to affect her but there was... Something more... She felt weaker than usual.
Back to top Go down
SnowInSummer

SnowInSummer

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 pm

He raised his hands in surrender, that confident smile never leaving his face.

"Let's not get too hasty now." he took one more step despite her command. "I'm Pal. Friendly name, I know. Helps me with strangers." he said as he lowered his hands slowly. "Are we good?"
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:47 am

The cloaked figure didn't lower her guard, she didn't know the man's intentions. "What... Do you want..." She kept asking, Pal couldn't see her face hidden under the hood and mask but the woman was still looking suspicious of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June in the Mansion   June in the Mansion - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

June in the Mansion
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next