Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What makes an enjoyable hero?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crizice

Crizice

What makes an enjoyable hero? Empty
PostSubject: What makes an enjoyable hero?   What makes an enjoyable hero? EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Hey folks, to put this briefly: as a sort of writing exercise before I take on the daunting task of creating a midara, I’m busy making one of just about every other possible character type. Currently, I’m brainstorming ideas for a hero.

I have a bunch of basic ideas to build up from, but making a main-character type is not something I’m well-accustomed to; I feel much more at home making supporting characters or characters who fit more into the enigmatic side-character idea. So, before I commit fully to the groundwork of my hero Crizice, I’d like to hear some input from the more experienced writers around:
When you read an encounter between a hero and an enemy (especially in regards to characters battling against midara), what aspects of the hero make them interesting to read and inspire you to root for the hero’s side? Even better: when writing a midara, what makes a particular hero fun and interesting to write against?
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

PostSubject: Re: What makes an enjoyable hero?   What makes an enjoyable hero? EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 6:38 pm

You know, I don't think this is something I ever actually thought about before.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: What makes an enjoyable hero?   What makes an enjoyable hero? EmptySun Aug 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Well first, all of the characteristic that makes of the character itself which will then govern of how an individual would respond to others. And there are many factors of what actually makes a character, one of which includes a backstory.

Note: I would rate hero kind of loosely as I personally don't really go by good/evil axis, rather than intent and purpose myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes an enjoyable hero?   What makes an enjoyable hero? Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes an enjoyable hero?
Page 1 of 1