Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kiss RPG (Lite)

Go down 
+8
lelno
fps
No one
andy010118
hunter277
Moss-182
Mkmd13
PieForPi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 9:03 pm

Hey, so, after putting it off for years, I finally downloaded the free version of RPG Maker Ace. And then I made a thing.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UX4UcxqtIl73VKSsJn4rIWIRQzg4on3d?usp=sharing

I hope this works right. It's mostly text kisses, but there are a few screen kisses in there as well.

unknownwatcher, LoveHurts and kk1311439052 like this post

Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 8:31 am

Awesome! I'll be sure to try this out tonight!

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 1:05 pm

This seems cool, I'll check it out
Back to top Go down
hunter277

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:31 pm

this games really good,but maybe some sound effects for the kisses could make it more engaging

LoveHurts likes this post

Back to top Go down
andy010118

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:23 pm

I enjoy playing it!
Back to top Go down
No one

No one

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:14 pm

It's not bad. My favorite is the angel since she has an attack you can just stay in. More enemies should have that if you ask me. It's also too easy although that's not necessary a bad thing for this type of game. Wish any of the succubi could also do that Smile If you don't want it to be the same, consider changing the color, number of kiss marks that appear, or what all it drains.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 3:33 am

Thanks again for this game PieForPi! I have to echo No one's statement that the best is Angel since she has a grab attack that you have to try and break out of it. If you are planning on continuing this game or adding more on to what you already have, I really suggest adding special attacks that have dialog attached to them.

Back to top Go down
hunter277

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am

i'm having trouble with the succubus boss,are there any tips specifically to beat her or should i just grind?
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 5:22 pm

I was learning things as I went. The Angels at the end are the only ones with grab 'attacks' because that was when I figured out how how to do them.

hunter277 wrote:
i'm having trouble with the succubus boss,are there any tips specifically to beat her or should i just grind?

Do you mean the Succubus Warden in the prison, or the Dream Succubus in the Lovestruck Hotel?
Back to top Go down
hunter277

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 8:24 pm

the one in the prison
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 8:35 pm

Hmm, well the best weapons you can get at that point in the game, as well as some head gear, is in those three chests at the bottom right of the prison.

If you got those equipped and your still having trouble with her, than you just might be underleveled.

Back to top Go down
hunter277

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 am

i always get charmed in the beggining of the fight,is that how ur supposed to fight her or is there a way around it?
Back to top Go down
Moss-182

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Gonna give it a download tonight. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 3:39 pm

hunter277 wrote:
i always get charmed in the beggining of the fight,is that how ur supposed to fight her or is there a way around it?

Yeah, that always happens. IIRC, all it does is make it so your characters lose a bunch of TP each turn.
Back to top Go down
fps

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2021 11:35 pm

I played it, and considering that this was ur first game and u were using lite, it's pretty good. I personally enjoy games that have scripted game overs for enemies, but that's also time consuming, so I don't blame u for not putting that in. Plus, it ain't like I'm making a game, so who am I to complain lmao.

I think the cutscene in the town when you get caught was great. I wish there were more penalties like it throughout the game, like maybe dialogue for when you enter that one house or something. Battles were fun too, and the maps were very well designed. I didn't feel lost once, even though no one was telling me where to go.

Enemy types and attacks were good too. Only thing I'm wondering is, in the game files, there is a bunny girl that seems to be custom made, but I couldn't find that enemy anywhere no matter where I looked.

Only major gripe I have with the game is the hit rate. If you revisit this game, please increase the hit rate. Or if you don't, please replace the 8 fairy mini-boss to something else. I spent 5+ minutes trying to kill all the fairies because I couldn't one shot them at my level with my gear, and I would miss 60% of my attacks with both characters.

Other minor gripes: the game has a very weird difficulty curve. The game is easy right up until the final boss. You don't need to fight any enemies throughout the game since bosses die very easily. I would just run from regular encounters to get through the map more quickly. Then I couldn't beat the final boss or even the angels, so I had to grind. I don't know if you'll revisit it, but if you do you should probably make the end bosses easier if you're going to add content after that.

Finally, healing should not lower attack. All it does is stall out battles. If you must have a penalty for healing, make it lower speed or make the player fall in love or something.

Overall, considering this is a solo project made only to show to others, I say it's a job well done. Most projects created here get abandoned, kinda a curse of the forum. So fact that you made something then showed the forum instead of talking about an idea then abandoning it is something I liked to see. It's fresh to see something like this.

PieForPi likes this post

Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 5:51 pm

The bunny girl should be in one of the houses in the final town. She even has a, brief, game over sequence. Beating her allows you to get the strongest weapons.

The issue with the hit rate has been noted. I honestly didn't remember I had set the Fairies' evasion chance to 50%.

I honestly wasn't sure how steep the difficulty curve should have been. I do remember having to nerf the Liquid Love enemy because, when I was play Testing, I couldn't even make it halfway through that area because of how tanky they were mixed with how often the confused the party.

Generally I tried to keep the curve at "the player should gain 1 level per area." Not sure how well I did at that.

In hindsight, healing you main damage dealer lowers their attack really was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
lelno

lelno

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 pm

RPG maker is now on sale if anyone is interested
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 5:53 pm

*Twitch* Of course. Of course it waits until after I buy the full version to go on sale.
Back to top Go down
lelno

lelno

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 pm

PieForPi wrote:
*Twitch* Of course. Of course it waits until after I buy the full version to go on sale.
did you buy it on steam?
if you did you can make a refund request on steam and then buy it from the sale assuming you didn't run the software for more than 2 hours

Back to top Go down
PieForPi

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:01 pm

Been running for about 3.5, so no dice there. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
lelno

lelno

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 pm

PieForPi wrote:
Been running for about 3.5, so no dice there. *shrug*
try your luck sometimes it will go through

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Back to top Go down
Taxman

Taxman

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 3:16 pm

I downloaded the Exe but the game won’t activate even when I click on it. What do please?
Back to top Go down
Professor Tree

Professor Tree

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 pm

Yeah, definitely add kissing sound effects for the kiss attacks. The text moves really fast, so it's hard to keep up with what's what. Proper SFX would help with that. It also just generally helps with immersion.

Taxman wrote:
I downloaded the Exe but the game won’t activate even when I click on it. What do please?

You have to download the whole package. The EXE won't run without the files it needs. Where it says "Shared with me > Project1" click "Project1" and in the dropdown menu, click "Download" and it will download the whole folder as a ZIP file. Extract the folder and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
kk1311439052

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 am

nice game!!!

Back to top Go down
LoveHurts

LoveHurts

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:59 pm

I just gave this game a download. I am curious to see how it plays.

Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiss RPG (Lite)   Kiss RPG (Lite) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiss RPG (Lite)
Page 1 of 1