Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Player Character: Arcus

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Player Character: Arcus Empty
PostSubject: Player Character: Arcus   Player Character: Arcus EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 9:20 am

Wanted to do some RP things so I threw together a character. Unsure if balanced at all, please be gentle.

Appearance: 21M Human
Arcus is a 5'8 man with a lean build. He has long white hair that is bound into a short ponytail at the back, but is wild elsewhere. His attire is usually a pale grey and blue hooded robe with a white shirt and black trousers underneath. He is decently strong physically, but not that difficult to overpower.

Profile:
Arcus is a mage trained to manipulate the soul. He recently began travelling across the world to face those who would attempt to enslave, enthrall, or otherwise manipulate others into doing their bidding; the manipulation of others through magical means being forbidden by his order. But, although Arcus' training has left him with an iron will and  adequate measures to defend himself from the temptation of his foes, he completely lacks experience when it comes to encounters with midara.

Arcus' abilities are heavily dependent on his own will, and as such they will change depending on his mental state. This also means that he has methods to protect and recover his mental ability in the middle of combat, and can also sacrifice his willpower in exchange for brutal attacks.

Abilities:

(Passive) Soul Projection:
While he fights, Arcus projects an aura of his soul around himself that protects him from any attacks that deal WP damage, causing him to passively take 1 less WP from attacks (cannot reduce damage to 0)
This passive is removed under the following conditions:
- Arcus has 15 or less wp.
- Arcus is Stunned/Paralysed.
- Arcus is Charmed/Fascinated (Or any other custom status ailment that involves falling for the opponent).
When removed, anything over a 50 will crit against Arcus.

Azure Blow: (No cooldown)
Channeling energy, Arcus attacks his opponent directly, empowered by a blue flash of light.
Deals 2 damage.

Jade Darts: (No cooldown)
Arcus holds out his palm and releases 3 green darts of energy at his opponent. Each dart has a seperate roll to hit.
Deals 1 damage per dart.

Crimson Chains: (2 turn cooldown)
Red chains leap from below the ground, wrapping around the legs of the target and grabbing a hold of their hands.
Binds the opponent and deals 1 damage at the start of each turn.

Amethyst Pyre: (2 turn cooldown)
Arcus lets loose the flame of his soul, releasing a deep purple pillar of etheral flame.
Deals 3 damage to all enemies.

Golden Respite: (3 turn cooldown)
Arcus meditates for a moment as a golden glow eminates from his chest.
At the end of his next turn, Arcus will restore 4 wp unless he is inflicted with any status effect.

Abyssal Call: (No cooldown)
Arcus begins to burn away at his own soul for more power, augmenting his next attack as black energy swirls around him. The next attack Arcus does will do double damage, at the cost of hurting Arcus for half as much (Minimum of 2 recoil damage).

Silver Destiny: (4 turn cooldown)
Arcus connects his soul with one of his opponents, making them Soul Mates for 2 turns. While soulmates, their attacks cannot miss each other, (Passive) Soul Projection is disabled, and their attacks crit when rolling above 50. Nothing else can damage or affect them while they are soulmates.

Resistances:

While Soul Projection is active, Arcus has resistence towards purely mental effects that lack physical contact, giving him advantage on rolls involving them.

Weaknesses:

Kissing: Arcus has disadvantage on any kiss related attacks that are used against him. The first time he is kissed directly, it is guaranteed to crit.

Lipstick: Any kiss based attacks with women wearing lipstick deal 1 bonus damage to Arcus. When a lipstick mark is left on him, Arcus is dazed.
Back to top Go down
DNHumanBeing

DNHumanBeing

Player Character: Arcus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Character: Arcus   Player Character: Arcus EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Ok, since this is your first character i'll point something's out:

Quote :
Kissing: Arcus has disadvantage on any kiss related attacks that are used against him. The first time he is kissed directly, it is guaranteed to crit.

This literally means nothing, at least in the most common ruleset that we use. I believe you meant "Kiss attacks have advantage against him", but i'm known to misundestand people.

Secondly:

Look, i'm not known for balanced characters, in fact, i would rather just throw balance out the window for the sake of thematics, but having a mechanics of "anything above 50 crits" might get a little wild.

Given how most crits have stunning effects, there is a solid (32% or 25%, depending if DM's consider  anything even and below 14 to be a crit) chance stun for said moves. Not complaining, i love when crits get out of control, idk about you.

Otherwise i would say the character's numbers are pretty balanced, nothing seems absurd, and he has some good moves while the idea is pretty solid as well.
Back to top Go down

Player Character: Arcus
Page 1 of 1