Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games With Forever Game Overs?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fps

Games With Forever Game Overs? Empty
PostSubject: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 12:04 am

Most games on this forum have lots of bad ends/game overs, and a lot of them go into detail on what happens to the player before chucking you back to your last save or to the title screen. And while those are fine, I love games that do not have game overs and instead you have to watch whatever happens to your player. It adds to that feeling of helplessness and domination. There's also a lot of variation, with some games simply letting your player get attacked forever, while other games take full control of your character away from you. I call these forever game overs, or FGOs.

All a game needs to have to be an FGO is a system where when you die, you have the option to watch what happens to your player character forever. In many RPG maker games, you see a cutscene with what happens to your character before being kicked to the title screen or to your last save, and these games are not considered FGOs. Some platformers will start an animation when your character gets hit, with this animation repeating forever even after you die. Those games are considered FGOs, and are the baseline of what an FGO is. Note that these platformers will typically have a button that you must press to return to the title screen, but I don't consider pressing this a traditional game over since without pressing the button you can see your player character get attacked forever. Though I will say IMO that games that just loop the caught animation when you game over are the lowest ranking FGOs out there.

An example of some games I'm talking about:

Mystic Knight Maya: https://mega-blue-ball.itch.io/mystic-knight-maya
This is what most games fall under, and really I consider this more of a game over+ than an FGO since it's just watching the same animations you would see when normally attacked. Yeah the baseline FGO feels more like a normal game over, but since your character can be attacked forever it is an FGO. Though MKM has a few scenes where you can see the player character brought to places and can see their new life when defeated, but it's like 1 or 2 enemies. And stuff like that is what I like about FGOs.

Drain Mansionhttps://kredyn.itch.io/drain-mansion
Same story of if you get caught you watch an animation forever, but in this one you get unique dialogue when your hp hits 0. There are even unique dialogues if an enemy tricks you or if you fall into a trap. The only thing it lacks when compared to MKM is that there are no endings that show your life after getting caught (since getting caught should mean your death in DM). I do like how the succubi rub it in when you get caught though. IMO it has a more consistent FGO among all it's game overs but lacks the depth that some of the MKM game overs have.

Kinky Dungeon: https://ada18980.itch.io/kinky-dungeon
5% of FGOs function like this one, which stinks because this is the type of content I really want to see. When you get caught you get put in a jail cell and bound up. Instead of seeing the enemy that captured you interact with you, you see lots of different kinds of enemies enter your jail cell and interact with you, putting different binds and interacting with you differently. However, other than your player character being bound, there isn't a lot visually and the text feels robotic and repetitive. The lack of animations or in-depth text really puts a damper on things and it feels like the game doesn't reach its full potential. KD is really close to my ideal game but feels lackluster because of those issues.

Bimbocalypse: https://bluefairymediagames.itch.io/bimbocalypse-rise-of-the-bimbies
You are literally represented by a dot on a screen. You do have a player avatar that transforms when caught, but the enemies and yourself play as dots. Would be a trash game if not for the fact that when you game over, you lose control of your character and are forced to watch yourself infect other characters. You can lose control of your character briefly in KD and being in jail means you have to wait for an opportunity to be freed, but for the most part you can control what happens. MYM also has some game overs where you watch your player character turn into an enemy, but they don't attack people and typically those endings are worse since you just watch your character move without doing anything. However, with Bimbocalypse you have to die pretty early to see your character attack others, and once all ally characters are transformed you walk around and do nothing, which is why this game is hard to recommend.

Basically my ideal game over would have the visuals of MKM, the dialogue of DM, and can switch between being helpless like in KD and losing control and only being able to watch like in Bimbocalypse. I'm sure no game out there fits that full description but I'm posting this in the hopes someone may know of a game that matches this description.

Post your FGO games here, even if it only has a few enemies that are proper FGOs. Bonus if there is kissing, but all games are ok as long as it has game overs that don't really end. The more in depth the game over is, the better.
Back to top Go down
Calamity456

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 12:10 pm

https://f95zone.to/threads/magical-girl-lunas-misfortunes-1-09-namaste-koboo.115811/
This is a game with heavy bondage themes. If you lose to the main villain, you can trigger a bad end where you are trapped in the villains base, and are toyed with by pervious villains you fought in the game. You can attempt a dungeon crawl to secure your freedom, but the dungeon is extremely difficult and intentionally unfair. So I think it could fit what you are looking for. One of the comments in the thread provides a save file that you can use to start your game in the bad end dungeon. It's also just a good game, but I wouldn't ordinarily recommend it in this forum since it isn't kissing focused.
Back to top Go down
065227n

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 5:45 am

The old forum made Monstergirl Quest (not the one with Luka hora hora, the other one where you play as a girl named Jessica, not sure if it's still available) had mostly immediately game overs, but there's a bunch of forever endings after you get "converted" by villains. Mostly at the start with the catgirls having 2 variants, since development stall out eventually.
Back to top Go down
fps

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 7:38 pm

065227n wrote:
The old forum made Monstergirl Quest (not the one with Luka hora hora, the other one where you play as a girl named Jessica, not sure if it's still available) had mostly immediately game overs, but there's a bunch of forever endings after you get "converted" by villains. Mostly at the start with the catgirls having 2 variants, since development stall out eventually.

If you or anyone has this lmk, curious to see what that looks like.

Waste to only ask a question, so I'll post another game I found a while ago that only kinda qualifies. Moncurse is a light tf game that I would say has a 'questionable' FGO status (And yes I'm pushing the FGO acronym because I am a trailblazer and what I say goes lmao). Basically you do get traditional game overs, but after you experience a cutscene with the enemy that defeated and transformed you, you remained transformed and your powers/enemy dialogue changes depending on what you became. I could believe arguments for this being an FGO and arguments for it being a game with technically no game overs.

I wouldn't normally put it here since its FGO status is so vague, but one enemy specifically attacks with kisses, so I felt like that would be appreciated here. I'm actually going to post this in the main vg forum since I don't believe anyone has posted this game before.

Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://kamoo.itch.io/monmusu-curse
Back to top Go down
065227n

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 5:40 am

fps wrote:

https://charmed.variousforum.com/t635-charmed-forum-s-monstergirl-questnot-the-japanese-one

This was the topic on the sister forum - unfortunately the link has set permissions off - maybe see if you can get in touch with them and reupload a new copy.
Back to top Go down
fps

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 10:15 pm

065227n wrote:
fps wrote:

https://charmed.variousforum.com/t635-charmed-forum-s-monstergirl-questnot-the-japanese-one

This was the topic on the sister forum - unfortunately the link has set permissions off - maybe see if you can get in touch with them and reupload a new copy.

Thanks for the link, but I don't got an account so I can't even see the post. I tried to create an account but it says I need to be approved by an admin. And since the last post was mid 2020, idk if there is anyone left to approve my account, let alone to reupload a new copy of the game.

If I somehow pull that off tho I'll drop the game here.
Back to top Go down
frostmire

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 5:12 pm

In "Domina" when you game over, you end up in a fail state where you're enslaved by the boss you surrendered to and can no longer leave their domain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games With Forever Game Overs?   Games With Forever Game Overs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Games With Forever Game Overs?
Page 1 of 1