Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maybe a change is in order?

Go down 
5 posters

Do you think the site could use a revamp?
Yes
Maybe a change is in order? Vote_lcap59%Maybe a change is in order? Vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
No
Maybe a change is in order? Vote_lcap14%Maybe a change is in order? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
I just want the kisses man. Don't ask me questions.
Maybe a change is in order? Vote_lcap27%Maybe a change is in order? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Awesome_Dante

Awesome_Dante

Maybe a change is in order? Empty
PostSubject: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Dont hate. Im just saying we've had the same look for quite a long time. I think we should change the site up just a little bit. we can definitely do some improvements.
Usually how it works in the web design world is: The better a site looks, the more people view it.
The more people that view it = more users (and lurkers too lol)
The more users we get = the more content we get
The more content we get = FUN FOR EVERYONE!

I love the site just as much as most people, but the style is a bit dated.
If you have a suggestion feel free to post it below!
Back to top Go down
kissy lips*

kissy lips*

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 2:20 pm

I would like the sides to have a different color and maybe some artwork. Just some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 8:21 pm

I guess yes, but just don't make something too different, that can confuses us that already are used to this. ^u^
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 am

Yea when I get the admin privileges on this site, I would definitely look to have this redone.
Back to top Go down
Awesome_Dante

Awesome_Dante

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 am

Mephistopheles wrote:
I guess yes, but just don't make something too different, that can confuses us that already are used to this. ^u^

No problem on that. Trust me. I have loads of experience with this sort of thing. In fact After Ive developed a website for my clients (as part of my IRL profession) I immediately build the future websites layout (no scripts or functionality) So I have something to work with two or three years later when they look to upgrade. xD sounds silly, but then again I build sites for businesses before I even contact them so the thought of zero development time persuades them to join up!
Back to top Go down
Awesome_Dante

Awesome_Dante

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:16 am

For example. to start we can stretch the current logo to fit the borders of the forum, then we can have a nice parallax scrolling banner where the whitespace is beneath the navigation menu, probably about 100px in height. the effect is similar to the background pics on this site: www.bayfront.com
for the banner we can have a background of an awesome kissing scene of some sort. perhaps even make it animated, as for the pink sidebars. We can literally have a built in color swap option for each viewer that stores their selection in cache so when they come back to the website they can set the color to whatever they like Smile
And beneath the forum we can add another banner, perhaps a collage of most of the kissing pics we find around the forum? Doesnt matter if they get small due to so many pics as I can code a script that will transform the size of the image as the user hovers over it.

Thats just a start
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:54 am

It's a good idea
btw i love the 3rd option in the poll.xD
Back to top Go down
Awesome_Dante

Awesome_Dante

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 am

xD there is always an option 3 in my book :3
Back to top Go down
Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 8:20 pm

dant35tra5t wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:

No problem on that. Trust me. I have loads of experience with this sort of thing. In fact After Ive developed a website for my clients (as part of my IRL profession) I immediately build the future websites layout (no scripts or functionality) So I have something to work with two or three years later when they look to upgrade. xD sounds silly, but then again I build sites for businesses before I even contact them so the thought of zero development time persuades them to join up!

Seems fine, just try to make something that even though being all pretty and awesome, doesn't takes too much time to load. XD
Back to top Go down
Awesome_Dante

Awesome_Dante

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Mephistopheles wrote:
dant35tra5t wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:

Seems fine, just try to make something that even though being all pretty and awesome, doesn't takes too much time to load. XD

Absolutely. All web pages that I ever work on are constantly load time tested as this is a large part of SEO. People dont want to visit pages that don't load.
That is not to say I build every page to be compatible with dialup internet, but on average I build pages based on DSL 5mbps Speed packages and I hard cap load times at 2s. if it takes longer... I'm not satisfied
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe a change is in order?   Maybe a change is in order? Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe a change is in order?
Page 1 of 1