Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) Empty
PostSubject: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 5:57 pm

"Bah....Where the hell am I?"

The natural sounds of the forest were interrupted by the grumblings of an individual, glaring at a piece of paper with such hatred that, if looks could kill, would make the paper crumple up and burn. The individual was an Oni, clad in the garb of a fighter. Two sheathes rested upon his hips, weapons nestled within. He was a man on a mission, one known only to him, and one he'd get back to if it weren't for one simple issue....

"Blasted map...There should be a town nearby..What was I thinkin', coming through a dense forest? Can't even recall where I came in from!" A loud sigh escaped the older Oni as he folded up the map. "Guess if I keep goin', I'll get out eventually...Been through worse...Focus, Tanaka! We ain't done yet!"

With that, he began to walk once more, unknowing of the circumstances he'd find himself in.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm

Already unbeknownst to him, he was being watched by the stealthy predators of the forest. It was hard not to, however: among the many people that visit their home, few were as loud as this intrepid explorer. He definitely wasn't human, that was for sure, but as to exactly what was a mystery to the woodland creatures. He was well armed, and seemed to carry himself well. Just on a species basis, Ophelia was already at a disadvantage, and had no idea of what he was capable of. But just from appearances sake, he looked...quite strong.

She had already sent off Hermia and Cordelia to plan out their next traps, as the plant like fairy helped the other to an area that was long out of sight of the traveler. The two were already planning out their trajectory. "...right here, maybe?"

Cordelia only nodded. She was a fairy of few words, but from the amount the two had made together, Hermia was used to it by now.

"Alright! In that case..." Hermia approached the ground, before plunging her hands into the dirt and thrusting them upward, throwing a pile of dirt larger than herself behind her, before doing it again, her hands becoming a blur as more dirt was thrown into a pile and the small earth-based fairy moved farther into the ground. Cordelia went to work as well, using a few vines to carefully move the dirt pile across the ground, shuffling it flat as if it was never there as it reformed itself from more dirt. Eventually, the pile stopped growing in size. "Okay! All clear!" Hermia's job done, she waved up to her sister who pulled her out of the hole. Cordelia then covered with with greenery, to the point where it looked no different from the ground next to it, adding even a few flowers to keep up the appearance. Wordlessly, she she helped her sister into the air as the two went off to find their next spot.

The others kept a close eye on this traveler. Ophelia had half a mind to simply let this one go. It wasn't entirely uncommon for them to pick and choose their battles, and this one was an anomaly. It might be in their best interest to simply do so, but she knew sometimes they couldn't afford that. Thus, she kept watching to see his reactions...

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 5:46 pm

Something felt...off, to the Oni. He couldn't quite place it, but there was a sense of foreboding...Perhaps it was just his imagination. Jumping at shadows, that's all he was doing. Reaching into the upper parts of his outfit, Tanaka pulled out a handcrafted pipe, as well as a couple pieces of flint. Biting down hard upon the end of his pipe, he struck the flint together a couple times, sparks flying before he managed to get some smoke going.

"Ah...Much better." With a few puffs of his pipe, the Oni felt his mind clear somewhat. He called it his medicinal pipe, and while he may have been joking, it was clear to see that the act of smoking from it helped him relax. With a grunt, he continued to walk, rings of smoke billowing forth from his pipe as he wandered towards where the trap had been set.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:22 pm

The creature didn't seem to realize their presence, but something about his mannerisms seemed to put the elder fairy on edge. Some of the younger fairies hadn't noticed the same feeling, watching on in awe at the strange figure that was moving through their forest, but Ophelia could feel it: engaging with this one could be a dangerous prospect. Perhaps a little too dangerous.

As he continued on, two small figures were floating by, planning out their next pitfall. "You think here's goo-" Hermia was cut off as a vine quickly dragged her, face first, into a nearby bush, before the traveler could see the two of them. Cordelia shushed her sister as she struggled, her voice muffled and not really understanding the situation, before the plant-like fairy pivoted her face in the direction of the traveler.

Ophelia's face flared with anger when she saw what he pulled out, however. Fire. So much fire. Every day, it was always more fire. However, she forced herself to calm down in this case. She couldn't afford to let her emotions get to better of her. Not when she'd already decided this one might be too difficult of a catch.

However, the smoke from his pipe floated upwards into the trees above. Ophelia quickly covered the mouths of as many fairies as she could get her hands on, for fear that it might have an affect on them, or even worse, that it alerted him to their position. However, one, young, naieve fairy was in her own bunch of leaves, farther away from the rest: little Perdita, who wanted to impress her mother. Ophelia couldn't yell out to her, and if she moved too quickly, the rustling leaves would give them away. As much as she hated it, she had to hope that nothing happened.

A puff of smoke rose up to meet the curious fairy, who was more intrigued than scared of this figure. So much so that she didn't notice the cloud of smoke envelop her face until it was too late, coughing a little as her eyes watered and she lost her balance, plummeting to the ground. The worst case scenario had taken place, and Ophelia was in full panic mode.

The traveler felt a small bump on his head from above the trees, moving a little and coughing. "Agh...I've never felt like that before...I'm sure it'll be fi-" Perdita felt the bottom of where she was sitting, which was definitely not a tree branch anymore. Slow realization came into place as she peered out underneath from her spot, her gaze meeting the new travelers. A tense moment passed in silence. "...hello!"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 6:45 pm

"......" Well now. It was raining little...winged people. Curiouser and Curiouser. Tanaka looked at the girl who was atop his head, before slowly pulling his pipe from between his teeth and jamming a thumb into the end, snuffing it.

"Huh. Never knew little people falling from the sky was a weather condition..Strange. You okay, pup?"

His voice was gruff, age and experience carried with each syllable. The Oni held a hand up, as if to make a makeshift platform for her to sit on if need be. "You ain't hurt, are you?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 7:22 pm

The little fairy shook her head a little, still a little woozy from the smoke as she rolled over to his hand. Unlike her siblings, she wasn't too afraid of the being she was on top of, but that was more inexperience than anything relating to bravery. "I dunno...I was looking at you from up there, and then there was smoke in my face, and it made me feel really weird and woozy, and...now I'm here!"

Ophelia could only watch in horror as her daughter conversed with the strange creature. She had no idea what to think of him, or how much danger Perdita was in. She was half tempted to approach her daughter, but doing so might put everyone else in danger. She was wrestling with it as the other siblings hurriedly talked among themselves.

"What in the world is Dita doing?!? She's in danger!" The whispers of Hermia from her and her sister's hiding spot were growing louder, but just enough that it wouldn't be noticeable unless someone was close by. "We gotta help her! Who knows what that thing could do to he-" A vine quickly wrapped its way around her throat, pulling her close to Cordelia with a "shh". The muffled sounds of shock from the darker fairy turned from shock, to confusion, to trying (and failing) to struggle free as more vines held her closer. "Moment of peace." The plant-like fairy licked her lips as her hands trailed themselves across her 'sister', intent on using this moment to the fullest as Hermia's sounds of struggle slowly changed to slight moans.

"I'm fine. Feel a little weird, though. What's in that stuff, anyway?" Perdita pointed to the pipe that was still letting out little puffs of smoke. "Oh! I'm sorry, probably not very polite to just ask without introducing myself. Mom'd probably be upset if I didn't! I'm Perdita! What's your name?" The little fairy held out a tiny hand in greeting, seemingly non-plussed about the whole situation.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 7:28 pm

"Hrmm...Sorry about that. Sometimes I just have to smoke my pipe." With a grunt, he tried to snuff it out once more, cramming his thumb into the smoking end once more. "As for what's in it...Tobacco...a few herbs with medicinal properties...Stuff like that."

Huh. She seemed decent enough. While Tanaka didn't really care either way for people, he had no reason to really be rude to the kid. As such, when she held out a tiny hand, the Oni held up a finger in response, holding it out to her. "Name's Tanaka. Pleasure to meet ya, Perdita. Sorry again for making you woozy. Shouldn't be getting a kid exposed to smoke...Sure parents would kill me if I did that."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:06 pm

The little fairy grasped the finger with both of her small hands and shook heartily, giggling to herself in a childlike fashion. "Mommy probably would! Oh, but she's nice! Really! Most of the time. Me, Mommy, and alllllll of my sisters live here! Oh! And my brother. He'd probably be upset I left him out, but when you've got 8 siblings, it's hard to keep track of things like that!" For the time being, the plan, and various other details, were off of the scatterbrained child's mind, and she had a rare opportunity to just talk with someone that wasn't directly related to her.

For the time being, he didn't seem like a direct threat to Perdita. Ophelia breathed a small sigh of relief, even if they weren't out of the metaphorical woods yet. Ophelia made a few gestures with her body towards her children, and mouthed out "follow, but don't intervene, only if she's in danger" as silently as she could. The group nodded, gracefully moving from branch to branch, keeping the pair underneath them within eyesight. Hermia and Cordelia should have been back by now. Considering the situation they were in, it was best to round them up. Maybe they had just really gotten into the trap making this time. She pointed to Aemilia before she left, pointing in the direction the two of them had left earlier. Getting the point instantly, Aemilia went farther down but still out of sight to search for the two of them. Surely they couldn't have gotten far...

"C-Cordy....sto-" Hermia's muffled pleading was cut off as the vines grew tighter, electing another "shush" from her sibling. She had moved Hermia into her lap as her hands played with the soft flesh, wrapped up in her own lust, whispering sweet nothings to her and looking for just the right spots to get the best reactions. This wasn't exactly a common occurrence, but it was a known fact among the family of her sudden bursts of "affection."

"You know, if Mommy saw you light that thing, she'd be pretty upset. She's got a thing against fire. Lots of bad people did fire things! She's never really been the same since then. Buncha jerks...Anyway, what brings you through here?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:14 pm

"Hah! Sounds like ya got a big family. I envy you, little one." Her joy seemed rather infectious, a smile forming upon Tanaka's face as she shook his finger. "A thing against fire, eh? Oh, she probably wouldn't like me, then....I'm a smith as a hobby. Gimme some fire and steel, I can make just about anything...Usually weapons. It's how I got me swords here."

With his free hand, Tanaka gave his sheathed blades a pat, chuckling softly. "As for what brings me here? Ah, I'm just an old Oni, traveling the world..seeing the sights....Asking the big questions....And generally being a grumpy old guy to disrespectful young whippersnappers."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:52 pm

Perdita nodded at the new friend she made, a big smile plastered over her face. "A...smith? You mean like, you make stuff? Oh! We've seen swords, before! People that come to see us always end up carrying them, or other really big and pointy things. Usually they're not friendly. At least at first! Most of them warm up to things after a little while!" The little fairy's wings fluttered a little in her makeshift seat, content with things as the oni walked and they talked. "We find stuff in the forest like that all the time, too!"

Aemilia was following the silent trail that the two fairies had left behind as they worked, going from pitfall to pitfall, eventually noticing a scuff mark leading to a nearby bush, as if something was pulled into it. Putting two and two together, Aemilia wordlessly went behind the bush to peek in, and sure enough, she found the pair...with Hermia completely at her sister's mercy, a plaything to satisfy her urges. Sighing to herself, Aemilia readied her hand into a stinger. "Sorry, sister, but we need you to focus!" Jamming the hand into Cordelia's side, she let out a small jolt before her vines on her sister retracted, letting her flop forward to the ground. The plants had been holding her tight enough to leave marks, and Hermia was completely out of breath and a little drenched, both in sweat and other liquids as she slowly picked herself up. "Haah...god...damn, Cordy! We've got a job to do!"

Cordelia only offered a small grunt in return, regaining her balance. "...don't tell me you didn't enjoy it." The rare smirk on her face was more emotion than she showed on a good week.

"Alright, that's it-!" Hermia was about to really let her have a piece of her mind before Aemilia rushed behind her to hold her back. "Enough, you two! We have bigger problems to deal with!" Aemilia gestured to the traveler and Perdita sitting in his hand. The sight was enough to get the two of them focused, as Aemilia practically dragged the two of them back to their mother.

"So you don't know where you're going? I feel like I'd get lost if I didn't know what I was doing, like...all the time! I'm bad with directions!" The big smile on her face showed she had absolutely no shame about her mindset. "But...what's an...Oh-nee?" Her head tilted in confusion, a new word throwing her for a loop.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 3:06 pm

"Hrmm. Your family seems nice. Though that reminds me, perhaps we should find them, get you back to them and what have you...And yes. I make things. Weapons, armor....Could try jewelry if I found a book about it."

The Oni bit down on the pipe once more, keeping it unlit as the girl spoke. At her question, he chuckled slightly. "Oh, that's a loooong story. But let's just say we're a race that's..not from around here. I don't wanna bore you with the details. I used to be a fighter of sorts back when I was younger...though even pushing a hundred years, I've got some spring in my step!"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 pm

The description didn't do a lot for the young fairy, whose head was tilted the other way afterwards. "Well, Mommy didn't think you were human when she saw you. So I guess she was right! We'd never seen anything like you, Mr. Oh-Nee!" The gears in the little fairy's mind were slowly turning, but not quick enough to jump start it just yet.

Aemilia quickly dragged the two fairies up into the hiding spot that her mother and a few other siblings were located at, very close by Perdita and the stranger. Ophelia's look of confusion was quickly met with fast whispers from Aemilia, who brought her up to speed. Her confusion slowly gave way to anger as she glared directly at Cordelia, who had since recovered from her moment of paralysis. Few things could shake the woodland fairy quite like the furious look from her mother, as she cowered just a little. "I'll deal with your punishment personally, later. For now..." Her gaze returned to the current incident she had on her hands. Her mind was running through all of the possible options, and quite a few of them might end up in a fight that she wanted to avoid.

"You're over a hundred?!? Whoa...you definitely don't look a hundred! Most people we see that come by that are that old look, well...old. I don't think even Mommy's that old...and I'm...!" Perdita takes a minute to count on her fingers, before showing up both hands. "15!" It takes her a second to realize that she doesn't have enough fingers, correcting it by closing and opening one hand again. "I was with Mommy and my sisters earlier! They-" Suddenly, the gears finally hit the snag it was looking for. The plan. She gasped as it all came back to her "Oh no! They're probably..." Perdita looked upward, not seeing them but knowing internally that they were most likely watching all of this play out. "So, uh..." The little fairy chuckled nervously. "I think finding them might not be too difficult, after all..."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 6:51 pm

"Hmmm..Well, you look very good for your age! Though we Oni age..rather slowly, compared to most humans. Make no mistake though, I'm certainly not as young as I wish I was."

That nervous chuckle caused him to arch up an eyebrow. He wondered if maybe there was something big going on....Oh well. His primary goal was finding this girl's mother. Anything else...Well, that would have to wait. "Shall we walk, then? Maybe we'll find her." With that, he began walking once more, unknowingly heading straight for the pit.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Perdita looked around, trying to see any of her family among the trees, but they were too well hidden. She started to get more nervous at all of this. Mommy was probably going to be really upset, from how she up and forgot things. She could already see the look on her face now...as well as the resulting punishment. It was enough to make her shiver a little. But, she'd probably be even more mad if she didn't own up to it like a big girl. So, she just had to resolve herself to it.

She nodded to the larger oni, looking determined. "Yeah! I think they might be watching us right now, but I...can't really tell anymore. Still! We're bound to run into them if we go a little further!" As he walked, the small fairy in hand, Perdita was looking all around her for any signs of her missing family, unaware that their eyes were always on her. She noticed a strange patch of ground in front of her, even though it looked quite inconspicuous, something about it made her stop. She couldn't quite pin it down...until it hit her. "Hey! Wait, sto-!" But it was too late. Tanaka's foot met the soft grassy ground, that wasn't ground at all, and the two tumbled into the open hole with a shout.

Perdita, already dizzy, was practically spinning after she hit the hard ground at the bottom...or rather, after Tanaka hit the hard ground at the bottom and she landed on top of him. "Honestly, Perdita, what in the world are we going to do with you?" A voice came from above the pit, and the light of day was partially blocked out by two adult sized figures, similar to Perdita but much larger, and a few fluttering specks that were hard to make out.

"Did you just up and forget, you know, everything?" One of the voices sighed to herself, even if right now the words didn't quite reach the scattered mind of the small fairy. "Honestly, Mom, this is why I said we shouldn't leave her alone."

"Perhaps you were right, in the end..." Another voice, sounding more mature and patient. "Now, what do we do about this whole mess?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 6:11 pm

"Hrmm? What is i-Gahk!"

Well....This was embarassing. Tanaka made to stand up, back making cracking noises as he did. "Ugh....You alrigh-" Voices. There were people watching over them. This had been a trap. With a sigh, he placed a hand upon the hilt of his sword, doing his best to stand up.

"Welp..This is a fine predicament..I guess I have you folk to blame for this pit?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 8:07 pm

"These are simply a precautionary measure, that we take for travelers. It never hurts to be too careful." The older voice looked over him with a unique visage, curious, yet cautious. It was as if the elder was looking through him at a glance, trying to discern all she could about him purely on a physical level.

"Oooh, pretty colors..." Perdita was still recovering from the fall, the impact leaving her senseless and dizzy.

"However, in this case, we're not here for a fight. Just for my daughter." Ophelia let the words sit on the air for a moment, hopefully letting it sink in. "Nothing else. If you return her to me, and promise that no harm has come to her, then we can leave all of this without a conflict. I'll even forgive you for bringing fire into our home." Something about saying that word seem to cause her voice to shudder, for a moment. From what, exactly, Tanaka wouldn't be able to tell, but it was clear just saying the word itself filled her with emotion. Regardless, Ophelia was hoping this bluff and show of confidence would be enough to make the man back down from conflict.

"So, what do you say?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 pm

"Feh. A stupid question, lass. You're the mother, huh? Only harm she's probably gotten into was falling into this pit. That and apparently flying into a smoke cloud, my apologies again. But I ain't here for a fight. Was actually looking for ya."

He knelt down, carefully picking up Perdita and placing her in an open palm. "That being said, I didn't exactly see something against smoking around here." Standing up, he tried to hold Perdita up to Ophelia.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 9:45 pm

The older figure looked upon Tanaka with a mixture of annoyance and relief. It hadn't seemed to have done anything to improve her mood, that was for sure. But at least it didn't look like the brute had done anything to Perdita. In a way, she was hoping it would at least spook the girl a little to scare some sense into her, but it didn't seem like that. The fall had shook her physically, but she was slowly coming to.

The little fairy shook her head as she was lifted upward. "Ughhhh...what happened? My head's a littl-" Her gaze fell onto her family that was looking down at her, with various looks. "Oh...uh...hi, Mommy..."

Without a word, a vine quickly reached down and wrapped itself around Perdita's leg, before yanking her out of the Oni's hand with surprising force, not giving her the chance to simply fly up to meet them as she was dangled in front of her mother upside down, Perdita holding down her dress to avoid it flopping on top of her. Her gaze was one of disappointment, and was enough to give the small fairy an audible gulp. "So, Perdita...do you mind explaining what all of that was?"

"I...uh...well, you see..that's..." Under her mother's gaze, Perdita stuttered through her words, trying to think of some excuse to avoid the punishment she knew was coming. As she went through a number of them, her mother only sighed, as she motioned to Cordelia, who was controlling the vine that was holding her upward, towards her sisters. "I-I just kinda lost my train of thought for a while, that's all. I-I'm sure it happens to everyon-eeeEE!" The one answer she came to was cut off as she was swung towards Katarina, currently as large as her mother, who caught her cupped palms.

"From now on, you're not leaving my sight until we fix this scatterbrained problem of yours. That said, for not paying attention and almost putting everyone in danger, I'm sorry, Perdita, but you'll have to be punished for it. Katarina?" The larger fairy chuckled to herself as she reared her wings backwards.

"Wait, no, Mommy, I'm sorry, I won't-!" Her pleading was once again cut off as Katarina flapped her wings forward, releasing a number of spores directly into the smaller fairy. For a full grown adult human or even midara, the amount needed for affects to take place would be much greater. But for a young, child fairy, it was more than enough to trigger a reaction, as the fairy fell backwards into the palm of her sister with an empty look on her face. She could be heard very faintly mumbling to herself, but it was clear her mind wasn't quite there at the moment.

With that taken care of, Ophelia returned her gaze to the pit that Tanaka had fallen into. "Well, you've brought my daughter back unharmed...and I have no intention of starting a fight with you. Cordelia? If you would." With a curt nod, the plant like fairy extended a vine down into the pit, sturdy enough that the Oni could grasp it and use it to climb himself out of the steep incline.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 6:55 am

Tanaka's expression shifted to one of ever growing anger as he watched the events unfold. Biting down on it, he grabbed the vine and began yanking himself out of the hole.

"That's good. It's good ya don't wanna fight me, lass. I've been around for many, many years...Not sure you'd reach the level of experience I've got. But who knows, I could be wrong...Now then. Any reason you did what you did to the poor kid? She made a mistake, it happens."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Ophelia moved slightly away from Tanaka as he pulled himself up. It was clear that the large Oni made her uncomfortable on some level, likely due to how she'd already considered him a little out of their league.

"She failed, miserably. And more then that...her actions could have potentially put the rest of the family in danger. She doesn't know fear. And that could get her killed, or worse."

Perdita's face was still empty, her eyes glazed over. While her words were unintelligible, her mind was a raging torrent. Katarina's spores amplify the users current emotions to a frightening level, and in large doses, the effects can be overwhelming. What Perdita received was far more than a 'large dose', and because of that, it was enough to make her retreat into her mind, where all of her doubt, anxiety, and most importantly, fear, were in full display.

"She messed up again?" "How in the world does she not get it yet..." "Do you think Mom's gonna throw her out?" "At this point, it's not unlikely..."

Voices she's heard before buzzed around in her head, visions from time's past. Her words started to grow a little more complete, as she curled into a small ball, shivering a little.

"You might see me as cruel, for things like this. But, I do this for her sake."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 5:33 pm

"Uh huh....."

She was scared of him. Interesting. Was it because of what he was? He was unsure...But seeing Perdita's shivering and mumbling caused him to furrow his brow.

"Cruel? That might be a little too kind, for putting a kid through stuff like that. I may not be one for dealin' with people. Always up to something, always wantin' more... But kids? Kids are proof that there's still some damned decency and innocence in this world."

Taking his pipe out once more, he pulled out his pieces of flint as well, but did not strike them. She seemed to dislike fire, judging by how she said the word with such vitrol.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Ophelia might be pushing herself away from the intimidating creature, but she wasn't going to back down from his claims.

"I don't expect you to understand. I'm not entirely sure what you are, but from the way you carry yourself, you fear little, correct? Many would hesitate to engage you, purely based on what you are...we are different." Ophelia looked down at her daughter, curled up in a ball on her sister's hand, mumbling to herself. Various words and phrases were coming out of her internal state, things like "Mommy," "I'm sorry," and "Please don't leave me." Ophelia brought a hand to her head and gently pet her, relaxing the girl a little bit even if it didn't bring her out of her terror.

"We are not so lucky. We are weak, and vulnerable. And the few that know of us seek to use us to their advantage. As far as I know, you could be one of those people. Perdita...she does not know of fear. Fear of those that would take advantage of her kindness. If I have to be a villain to show her that fear, then...I will. For her sake." The look on Ophelia's face showed how much she hated to do this to her own daughter, especially when it was easy to see some deep rooted anxiety in the girl. Abandonment, from the sound of it. She'd have to ask her about it personally, later.

"You can call me whatever you like. I'm used to all of it and then some. But I will give my children what they need to succeed in this world."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm

"........"

His gaze remained upon the woman, unflinching as he took in her words. Could he truly fault her? He had been around the block for many, many years. He had seen the lengths people would go to, in order to protect their families, or the people they cared about. It gave them a surge of strength that allowed them to do things most humans only dreamed of.

A sigh escaped the Oni as he bit down upon the pipe. Seriously wish he could have lit it. ".....Ya live close by? I don't exactly like the idea of people so 'weak and vulnerable', as ya put it, being left on yer own. If ye want, I don't mind taking a detour to make sure ya get home safely."

It felt strange, offering an olive branch to this woman. But she seemed to care enough about her kids, and he couldnt fault her for that.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 7:03 pm

The elder fairy gave the creature a curious look, unsure of how to take this proposal. "We've lived in this forest for quite some time. We know our way around them quite well. That said...in this rare moment, I wouldn't exactly mind the company. It's left a bad taste in my mouth." With that, she went onward, urging him to follow.

She noticed his insistence on that pipe of his. "...if it's truly so important to you, you can light it. Just, don't let me see you doing it." She looked disgruntled by admitting that, but he had treated Perdita well. "I'd ask for your name, but it'd be rude to give it without giving my own, first. I am Ophelia. You've already met Perdita. As for the others, there's..." A few of the fairies popped out from in front of Ophelia to observe the traveler. Ophelia moved her finger between them as she did. "Aemilia, Hermia, Othello, Cordelia, Ariel, and..." Her finger moved to the equally tall fairy next to her, bright purple and cheery as she waved with her free hand. "...Katarina."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 7:06 pm

"Eh. Even holding it in my mouth is good for me. I'd rather not make more of yer kids dizzy...." As the woman introduced herself and her kids, he gave a short bow, placing his hands at his sides as he did so. "Charmed to meet ya, miss. Name's Tanaka. Fighter, blacksmith, and old timer."

With that, he continued following her. "So...Fairies, eh? Gotta say, I don't think I've run into yer kind before. Must be nice, being able to fly and all that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)   Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Oni and the Forest. (Tanaka v Ophelia.)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next