Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GenericUsername420

Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? Empty
PostSubject: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 4:05 am

Delete if not allowed.
I have a rather old OC I made a while ago that I want to use in this forum's RPs, but with some digging I found another character here that has a lot of similarities with mine, mainly regarding their powers. What am I allowed to do in this situation? Can I still release the character normally, do I have to ask for permission from the other person or am I just flat out not allowed to make a character that resembles an existing one?
Back to top Go down
DNHumanBeing

DNHumanBeing

PostSubject: Re: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 10:21 am

I don't think there is a rule regarding that... sooo I think it's fine, if you really are concerned, maybe DM the guy that wrote the character that is similar to this old OC of yours
Back to top Go down
Zesquid

Zesquid

PostSubject: Re: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 11:05 am

I'm in agreement with the above post; if you create something similar to and/or inspired by another person's work, it would be nice to reach out to them & communicate with them beforehand. I think the overarching vague rules of "don't plagiarize" and "don't be a dick" are good philosophies to follow here.
Back to top Go down
GenericUsername420

PostSubject: Re: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 12:00 pm

I will ask the other person, but I'm not sure if they would respond since they haven't been around here for some time now.
Back to top Go down
No one

No one

PostSubject: Re: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 11:49 pm

Well if it's anything I created, go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?   Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Policy on making a character that is similar to an existing one?
Page 1 of 1