Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine

Go down 
+2
SoloWingPixy
AzureTyrant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine Empty
PostSubject: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 10:02 am

Name:Barchiel
Appearance:Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine 250?cb=20111006144241 for a typical outfit, Black hair, brown eyes, and tanned skin.

Weapons: Bolter, Chainsword, Power Fist, just to name a few.

Bio: A member of the Blood Angels, 5th Company, Barchiel had heard of, and fought, many different types of xeno scum for the glory of the Emperor. Tau, Tyranids, Tau, Eldar, Tau, Genestealers,Orks, Tau, the forces of Chaos. And even more Tau. But there was one creature that caused even the battle-hardened Space Marine to raise an eyebrow. Creatures known simply as....

Midara.

These beings, who relied not on weaponry, but their own charms and seduction to turn even the strongest of warriors into drooling, fawning, babbling idiots, were the center of many a rumor on the planets Barchiel visited. Such creatures HAD to be the work of Slannesh. And by the Emperor, he would not stand for it. As long as such beings of Chaos drew breath, he would go on a solo mission to eradicate them all. If only he knew what they looked like....

Personality: Extremely faithful to his Chapter, and to the God Emperor of All Mankind, Barchiel prioritizes the mission above all else. While this means he has not had much time to unwind, either through drink, recreation, or pleasure, it also guarantees that if he is sent to do something, he will put 110% into his mission. However, this comes at the cost of him being bullheaded and reckless at times.

Moves

Bolter: Standard loadout for a Space Marine. Can be used 4 times before requiring a turn to reload. First use is a normal shot, second use he shoots with advantage, Third and Fourth become autohits as Barchiel's accuracy begins to improve. 2 damage.

Heavy Bolter: After taking up a turn to set up this massive minigun, Barchiel unleashes a hail of bullets in an Area of Effect. Roll 4 times, 1 damage done for each success. Inflicts Suppressed: Attacks against this target are performed with advantage.
- Barchiel can hold the fire for 2 additional turns, reapplying Suppressed on hit targets
- Opponents can spend one turn to move out of the firing range
- Any successful attack performed against Barchiel stops this attack from being recasted the next turn
- This weapon must be reloaded before it can be fired again

Flamer: Be you Tyranid, Tau, or Midara, nothing can handle the might of this flamethrower. Doing 3 damage, the flames have a chance to -surprise, surprise- set people on fire, doing a point of damage until the flames die out, or the enemy puts them out. (Though it DOES burn away clothing, which might not be the best thing to use on creatures that have seduction as their M.O.)

Plasma Rifle: BZZZAP! This electrified gun packs one hell of a shocking surprise. Does 2 damage. May stun.

Steel Rain: Using a Jump Pack to get high into the air, during the next turn, the Space Marine will allow himself to slam down onto the enemy with the weight of....Well, a hulking suit of armor. 8 damage, but if he's hit before he can land the actual blow, it will be interrupted. If that happens, or Barchiel misses, he will be dazed for a turn, allowing for a free attack.

Chainsword: Barchiel's personal favorite weapon, this chainsaw sword is his preferred melee weapon, doing about 3 damage.

Power Fist: When the going gets tough, the tough get punch-y. When he's getting desperate, Barchiel will break out the Big Guns, delivering a powerful right hook to his enemy and doing 4 damage, possibly stunning as well due to the electrical charge built up in it. Unfortunately, the Fist requires a few turns to recharge after use.

Betcher's Gland: One of the many implants given to Barchiel during his transformation into a Space Marine. When his helmet is removed, Barchiel can spit out a corrosive poison, the spit blinding his foe, giving them disadvantage on their attacks for three turns, as well as poisoning them. Does 1 damage initially, plus an extra point of damage for three turns.

Combat Knife: A tool Barchiel's honestly surprised he hasn't used yet, Barchiel jabs it into the enemy's side. 2 damage.

Steel Ram: Lowering his body, the Blood Angel gives his jetpack the okay, before hitting the foe with about 200 pounds worth of jetpack-propelled, armored, hulking, shoulder tackling Space Marine. 5 damage. Can only be used every three turns.

Summon Orianna: While summoning a Midara for aid may be seen as heresy, sometimes sacrifices must be made. Barchiel summons Orianna, who hypnotizes the enemy, stunning them for a turn.

Summon Toushiko: His first opponent in this strange world, Toushiko earned Barchiel's respect, and Barchiel earned the ability to summon her. Jamming a crystal into the ground and twisting it, The oni appears to smash her club into the enemy's face. 6 damage. Can only be used once.

(Here's another character bio. I've recently started getting into Warhammer 40K, and I wanted to try a character based on it. If anyone has any thoughts on this, or any way I can make it truer to Warhammer lore, or how I can improve. Please, let me know.)

Last edited by AzureTyrant on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:59 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Oh my lord, you actually did it...well. Man, I thought I was already doing something a little weird with a dude wearing full plate armor, but you just knocked it out of the park with a fanatical walking fortress. I admit, if I had to roleplay against this guy, I'm...not entirely sure what I'd do. I mean, if I were a midara, I'd probably stay far away from a man whose armor has more layers than an onion.

It'd be real interesting to see how a fight with this guy plays out. Will he fall to the taint of Chaos, or will he administer a bona fide IMPERIAL FISTING?!

Actually, speaking of Chaos...hrm. I wonder if someone could manage to make a Slaaneshi daemon that would actually fit for the forum, and not be some horrendous, skull-faced claw monster? Well, I guess if it wasn't that, it wouldn't be Warhammer, but still.

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Heh. You underestimated me? I was considering it anyways, but the idea of him going against a Midara just made me want to do it even more. Smile If only I could think of more weapons or moves for him. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Warhammer is very limited to TTS and Dawn of War..

As for a Slaaneshi Daemon....Would Daemonettes fit? I think I recall reading that they're fairly seductive. That or maybe bring in Slaanesh him/her/itself....Or a Dark Eldar.

And yes. There will be much, MUCH Imperial Fisting to be had.
Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 pm

h...how does a midara even begin to fight this walking fortress :O

I feel sorry for anyone of them that tries Laughing
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:40 pm

AzureTyrant wrote:
Heh. You underestimated me? I was considering it anyways, but the idea of him going against a Midara just made me want to do it even more. Smile If only I could think of more weapons or moves for him. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Warhammer is very limited to TTS and Dawn of War..

Yeah, same here, though the combination of the two plus the wiki for specific subjects is enough for our purposes, I think Razz It just doesn't give us a very good idea about specific conflicts and events, but that ain't necessary.

AzureTyrant wrote:
As for a Slaaneshi Daemon....Would Daemonettes fit? I think I recall reading that they're fairly seductive. That or maybe bring in Slaanesh him/her/itself....Or a Dark Eldar.

I was thinking of the Daemonettes, yes. They're apparently supposed to be pretty seductive, but, uh...uhh...I dunno, man, I'm just not seeing it.

AzureTyrant wrote:
And yes. There will be much, MUCH Imperial Fisting to be had.

Perfect. We are the Emperor's Fury!
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Celesty wrote:

Wire cable + fast object = toppled ATAT space marine.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 9:48 pm

SoloWingPixy wrote:
I was thinking of the Daemonettes, yes. They're apparently supposed to be pretty seductive, but, uh...uhh... I dunno, man, I'm just not seeing it.

Nah, it's fine. All you gotta do is squint. Like..really hard. Maybe go blind, too. Though I'm sure they're SOMEBODY'S kink.

Celesty wrote:

Good. All foul Xeno scum will fall before the might of the Emperor, and of Humanity!
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 am

Added a few more moves. I think it's good for now, but I may add more at some point.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Alright, all. I've started learning about Warhammer, and I'm gonna be honest...I might need to change things.

For one, I don't think Blood Ravens have more than like...4 Companies? For another, I'm debating on switching from Blood Ravens to Blood Angels. Everything else would probably stay the same. Up to you guys, though. Any advice would be appreciated.

(Contemplated giving him an Exterminatus but A.) He isn't an Inquisitor, and B.) Do we really want a goddamn Planet Buster?)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:02 pm

AzureTyrant wrote:
Alright, all. I've started learning about Warhammer, and I'm gonna be honest...I might need to change things.

For one, I don't think Blood Ravens have more than like...4 Companies? For another, I'm debating on switching from Blood Ravens to Blood Angels. Everything else would probably stay the same. Up to you guys, though. Any advice would be appreciated.

(Contemplated giving him an Exterminatus but A.) He isn't an Inquisitor, and B.) Do we really want a goddamn Planet Buster?)

I think having a Space Marine fight a midara is totes overkill. I could see a midara seducing an imperial guardsman, but that's about it in the 40K universe. Aren't Space Marines cloned? Why would they have an interest in anything besides their objectives from the Emperor or Chaos Gods if they're in a state of falling?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:06 pm

I mean.
When I made the character, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. For the laughs. Nowadays though, I'm kinda...I dunno, happy with him? I want to see how this plays out and what have you.

Plus, IDK if they're so much cloned as they are...built, in a way?
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Eredin wrote:
I think having a Space Marine fight a midara is totes overkill. I could see a midara seducing an imperial guardsman, but that's about it in the 40K universe. Aren't Space Marines cloned? Why would they have an interest in anything besides their objectives from the Emperor or Chaos Gods if they're in a state of falling?

I mean, you've seen how many once-loyal Space Marines have fallen to the temptations of the Ruinous Powers, and Daemonettes are known to be able to seduce their victims long enough to rip them limb-from-limb. So there's some precedent for midara seduction there, and while the power of Chaos is far greater than that of any midara on the forum, that shouldn't really matter here since Barchiel himself has to be severely de-powered in order to not instantly massacre any midara that gets thrown at him.

Of course, since he doesn't do that, we can only assume that both his physical capabilities and willpower have been brought down to, y'know, a sane level. One that evokes the Space Marines, not one that follows them to the letter.

At least, that's how I see it.

Speaking of sane, yeah, no, I think an Exterminatus would definitely be way over the line Razz

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:09 pm

SoloWingPixy wrote:
Eredin wrote:

I mean, you've seen how many once-loyal Space Marines have fallen to the temptations of the Ruinous Powers, and Daemonettes are known to be able to seduce their victims long enough to rip them limb-from-limb. So there's some precedent for midara seduction there, and while the power of Chaos is far greater than that of any midara on the forum, that shouldn't really matter here since Barchiel himself has to be severely de-powered in order to not instantly massacre any midara that gets thrown at him.

Of course, since he doesn't do that, we can only assume that both his physical capabilities and willpower have been brought down to, y'know, a sane level. One that evokes the Space Marines, not one that follows them to the letter.

I'm not a 40K junkie, but have some experience with it. I'm aware of Chaos Space Marines, but midara are mostly about appealing to one's lust right? Chaos does have some lust in it's appeal but that's only a facet of many hooks. I'm pretty sure a SM has to be exposed to Chaos for a prolonged amount of time before they consider turning traitor. SM don't just decide to join Chaos like we would if a midara tempted us.

In my mind, I don't see some alpha-male veteran of countless battles (including against Chaos) falling from the temptation of midara. In my mind, I see even a succubus try to put the moves on a scout Marine and he will gut her like a fish. These are people who come from a totally dystopian world full of nothing but war and suffering; they have no time to chase skirts.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Eredin wrote:
SoloWingPixy wrote:
Eredin wrote:

I'm not a 40K junkie, but have some experience with it. I'm aware of Chaos Space Marines, but midara are mostly about appealing to one's lust right? Chaos does have some lust in it's appeal but that's only a facet of many hooks. I'm pretty sure a SM has to be exposed to Chaos for a prolonged amount of time before they consider turning traitor. SM don't just decide to join Chaos like we would if a midara tempted us.

In my mind, I don't see some alpha-male veteran of countless battles (including against Chaos) falling from the temptation of midara. In my mind, I see even a succubus try to put the moves on a scout Marine and he will gut her like a fish. These are people who come from a totally dystopian world full of nothing but war and suffering; they have no time to chase skirts.

Sent from Topic'it App

You bring up some good points. Quite valid ones, at that.

Now, I know very little about Warhammer. Just wanna make that clear. Most of my experience comes from Bruva Alfabusa's "If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device." And while I'm sitting on a trove of unopened Warhammer novel PDFs....I'm been kinda busy with other stuff, in a sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Space Marines..you know, normal people at first before they get all the implants and the like? Could be that there's still some..base primal instincts a Midara can capitalize on.

Though you are making me want to make an Imperial Guard at some point...I'd make an Ork, but who'd want to get with an Ork.

....Also feeling the urge to make Slaanesh as a Midara but that would not be fair to anyone, methinks-
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Just chiming in to say a slaanesh Midara would be really fun to write up
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:38 pm

anon64 wrote:
Just chiming in to say a slaanesh Midara would be really fun to write up

I would find that kosher, but I'm not Jewish. Scratch that. I like the idea 😎

SM are human before all the upgrades, so sure they'd want to get it on. Kinda makes me wonder though, what kinda chick could take on all that man though.

Last edited by Eredin on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 pm

I'd just have to figure out how to make her, and how to nerf her so she doesnt charm everyone in a matter of moments.
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah the main issue is the fact that in lore anyone who lays eyes on slaanesh is pretty much instantly enslaved
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 6:11 pm

anon64 wrote:
Yeah the main issue is the fact that in lore anyone who lays eyes on slaanesh is pretty much instantly enslaved

If anything you could write it as "an aspect of Slaneesh" like a fraction of a percent of the God's power/true form, whatever.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am

There we go. Fixed him up a little bit. Took my lazy ass long enough.
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Added some more moves, changed a few moves up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine   Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Profile: Barchiel The Space Marine
Page 1 of 1