Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boris vs. Toushiko

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 3:17 am

"The black demon has been sighted! Everyone, move in! We're bringing him back to the lab!"

Toushiko glanced up at the sky as she walked along the lonely dirt path. Not a single trace of blue was visible from behind the blanket of dark grey clouds looming above, and she could already feel a few raindrops fall against her crimson skin. While walking in the rain wasn't necessarily a problem for her, it did mean that her work-in-progress map was going to get soaked if she didn't stuff it back in her pack.

"Where did he—there! On your right! Get him!"

The demoness scowled. Not that there was much to map out here anyway. She was all for seeing the natural beauty of the surface as opposed to the usual rock and magma of the Underworld, but she'd been walking for hours at this point with nary a change in scenery from the deserted dirt path surrounded by fields of tired grass. If she was going to find something interesting, she was going to need a better vantage point.

"Watch the ink, watch the—AAGH!"

Lo and behold, as if to answer her prayers (not that anyone in Heaven would be answering the prayers of a servant of Hell), a steep hill just up ahead caught her eyes. If she climbed that, she'd probably be able to see miles in any direction! A satisfied grin worming its way onto her face, she started running toward the hill. As she ran, a strange sound started to filter into her ears. It almost sounded like...fighting?

"The captain's down! Somebody get his capsule!"

Definitely fighting. As Toushiko got closer to the top of the hill, she could hear shouting, gunfire, and metal striking metal coming from just up ahead. What in Hell's going on over there...? She wondered. The town she'd left a few hours ago certainly didn't seem to know about any war, not that she thought that anyone would actually be fighting for this random piece of land out in the middle of nowhere. But if it wasn't a battle between armies, then what was it?

"Stand your ground, damn it! He's just a—"

When Toushiko made it to the top of the hill, her eyes went wide at the sight below. The base of the hill was littered with armored bodies, soldiers and knights scattered around like ragdolls in a windstorm. It didn't take much sleuthing to deduce the source of the carnage, as the remaining soldiers were converged around some kind of dark grey humanoid wielding a massive hammer of the same color. As she watched, two of the soldiers went in with their swords raised high, only to be swatted aside effortlessly by the creature, tumbling through the air and crashing into the ground several meters away.

She'd never seen anything like it on the surface before. Well...okay, that wasn't entirely true, as a certain alien helmet displayed proudly on her wall could attest to, but she was certain she was on the actual surface this time. It was no midara, it definitely didn't look human, and it wasn't any demon she'd ever seen before.

Toushiko was snapped out of her reverie by the sound of something shifting on the ground to her side. She glanced at it, and saw a man in damaged body armor slowly crawling away from the battle. He froze in terror when he saw Toushiko, his eyes wide as could be. His mouth twitched and moved, trying to form some coherent thought. Eventually, he stammered, "D-demon...th-there are...t-two of you...?"

Now it was Toushiko's turn to be surprised. Two demons? So that thing's a demon after all...? She opened her mouth to ask the man what he meant, but he'd evidently passed out just after uttering those words. His breathing was steady, and he didn't seem too badly wounded; he looked to have fainted more from fear and exhaustion than damage.

Sighing, Toushiko mulled the situation over. A demon interacting with humans was business as usual, but blatantly making their presence known in a rampage like this was almost unheard of. Add that to the fact that this type of demon looked entirely unfamiliar to her, and there was something blatantly off here. Normally she'd leave other demons to their own devices—it'd usually be pretty hypocritical of her not to—but she couldn't just leave this one alone. Whether it really was a demon overstepping his boundaries or some other creature terrorizing an entire army, this thing was dangerous.

Her resolve strengthened, she quickly sprinted down the hill, club in hand and ready for a fight. She slowed her pace once she got closer, and took a look at the bodies around her. To her surprise, they all seemed to still be alive—bruised, battered, and with some broken bones, sure, but alive. That was interesting; maybe this creature was less barbaric than she'd first assumed? She shrugged, reasoning that there was only one way to find out. She made her way to the center of the battleground, the fight mostly over at this point. Only a few soldiers remained, slowly backing away from the black creature.

One of the soldiers looked behind them and saw Toushiko. His eyes went wide, and he immediately shouted for a retreat. The other soldiers, coming to the same conclusion, sprinted away from both Toushiko and the creature, leaving their dozens of fallen comrades behind. Toushiko waited a moment for them to leave the battlefield, then centered her gaze on the creature. The first thing that caught her eye, now that he was closer, was his bizarre choice of clothing: a blue hoodie, black pants, and sneakers?

Toushiko raised an eyebrow. The demons from the lower circles of Hell were all oh-so-high-and-mighty, they'd never dare to wear something as degrading as casual human clothing. Even so, she figured it was possible that a few actually had enough humility to do so if the need arose. There was only really one more test she needed to perform in order to find out if this...thing was actually a demon or not.

Toushiko cleared her throat. "Video daemonium di nigrum cutis!" She declared. "Et fumus ignis supereminet, ex ipsomet peregrinatione ad voluptatem et." She narrowed her eyes, and pointed her club squarely at the creature. "Ex quo ignis agit altum fumo captam te, nigrum daemonium?"

Even the lowliest, most uneducated demon in all the circles of Hell would know how to speak the demonic language. It was mandatory, especially for relative newcomers like the oni. The big S downstairs liked it when the denizens of His realm could actually communicate with one another, after all, even if some of them already had their own language to begin with. Toushiko stood in silence, waiting for the creature's response.

——
-The old ruleset applies: the rolls are 1 to 100 even rolls are a success, uneven rolls are a failure.
-Characters are allowed 1 free action but must otherwise stick to their movepools
-Instead of VIRTUE and VICE, the adventurers have WILLPOWER and the midara have STAMINA.
-Encounters that use characters from the OpenRPG may cause a re-appearance of said midara, depending on outcome.

Paralyzed status- Character will be unable to move next turn and will be unable to dodge the next attack

Charmed Status- The next attack dealt by the midara does +1 Willpower damage

Bind Status- Character will be unable to move and continually suffer 2 Willpower damage each turn unless they roll a 50 or higher and escape

Even rolls higher than 85 are considered critical and allows the attacker to follow up with another move

Odd rolls lower than 14 are critical failures, allowing the opponent's next attack to be a guaranteed success

Toushiko starts with 30 Stamina.
Boris starts with 30 Willpower/15 Stamina.

By the Emperor, a daemon! TWO DAEMONS!

(This post was a, uh...a little longer than I'd intended. My apologies, I got carried away~)

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 pm

[np, I enjoyed the read, lol.]

The creature looked to Toushiko and seemed to pause, right before his hammer seemed to be absorbed into him "Sorry, pretty lady, I have no idea what you are saying. You speak english?" He then looked around and sighed "Damn it, meant to leave a few conscious... gonna have to wait till they wake up to get my intel." He then removed his hood to uncover his face and smiled at Toushi "Name's Boris. I guess you heard them call me by my title, but don't worry, I'm not actually working for, or afilliated with, The big S downstairs. Just... I guess you'd say I'm a freelancer." He grinned "Happens when you were made in a glorified test tube." He then looked to the oni curiously, an edge forming to his voice "You don't work for these guys, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:52 pm

[also, what did she say?]
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 11:36 pm

(I don't remember exactly what I typed into Google Translate wrote, but it was some very roundabout way of saying "Hey, black demon, I'm on the surface for travel and pleasure. Why are you here?" Something like "from what fire does your smoke rise?")

Toushiko slowly lowered her club, and let out a laugh. "Guess that answers that, then," she remarked. "That soldier I heard was a damned liar. If you can't even speak the language, then you're certainly no demon." She lifted her club, and let it fall back on her shoulder. "Question is, then: what are you? You're no human, demon, midara, golem, hallucination, whatever." She tilted her head. "Well. Probably not a hallucination, at least."

"Ah, well. I'm Toushiko, pleased to meet ya, Mr. Boris." She looked down around them, and gestured toward the fallen soldiers. "So, uh, I guess my question now is what in Hell happened here. I'm not related to 'em, but I'm kinda curious as to why a whole bunch of soldiers are tryin' to take down a..." She twirled her hand in the air. "...Whatever you are. You said you were grown in a test tube?"

It's not that the oni thought he was lying, per se, it was just that...she'd never heard of anything like that before. She had a feeling that if humanity had been making people that could summon giant hammers out of thin air and fight off dozens of well-equipped soldiers alone, she'd have heard of it by this point.

Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Boris nodded sadly "Yup, only one of my kind, something about faulty brains in the other ones." he shuddered. "apparently they went insane and had to be put down." his anger was palpable at the mention of his kin being killed.

He then sighed "apparently I am still imperfect on two counts. My free will and my faulty digestive system. Liquid diet only for me." he looked around, frisking the knocked out soldiers for things of value. "I...Don't suppose you could help me find some intel?"
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 12:54 am

Toushiko took a few moments to digest this information as Boris got to work searching the soldiers' equipment. She'd stumbled upon something a lot bigger than she'd thought, it seemed. Humans were mucking about with things they didn't understand, and ended up having to put down their own creations.

"I, uh...I'm sorry to hear that," she mumbled. She wasn't quite sure what to say, really. Being literally one-of-a-kind didn't sound too hot when everyone else like you had to be executed.

"Still, you didn't answer my question." Toushiko knelt down and turned over the body of a nearby soldier, narrowing her eyes as she saw a lot of equipment and items she couldn't possibly identify. "What were these guys here to do to you? Kill you? Capture you?"

"And what was that about free will?" She stood back up, and looked at Boris quizzically. "Uh...all right, the digestion thing I get, but I'd think you'd have to be pretty willful to go against the authority of all these guys," she said, gesturing again to the dozens of fallen soldiers. "As for 'intel', well, I ain't exactly informed about the situation, nor do I know what to look for from these guys..."

Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 11:07 am

Boris grunted as he looked to Toushiko "That's the problem, i have free will, too much. I was supposed to be a mindless soldier." he rubbed the back of his head. "they want to capture and dissect me, to try and perfect their product line." He then stood up as he threw a guy over his shoulder. "Found the guy in charge, gonna go and interrogate him after he wakes up."

He looked to Toushiko and rubbed the back of his head. "There are going to be a ton of these bastards looking for their captain. You wanna come with, avoid dealing with these scum?"
Back to top Go down
SoloWingPixy

SoloWingPixy

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyFri Dec 22, 2017 11:03 pm

"...The perfect, mindless soldier, huh?" A body built from the ground-up for fighting, an endless thirst for battle, always gettin' sent against strong opponents...

"As a woman who loves nothing more than a good drink, and a better fight..." She set the end of her club on the ground, and leaned back against it. "That sounds fuckin' awful. You weren't made to fight, you were just made to kill. What kinda sick person would make somebody like that?" She shook her head in disgust. "And now they wanna drag you back so they can finish the job. Of course."

"With that in mind, gettin' outta here sounds like a good idea. Where were you thinkin' of goin'?" She jammed her thumb back behind her. "If you follow the road that way, there's a village a few hours away." She pointed a finger in the opposite direction. "I was actually headed that way when I found ya, but I don't have a clue what's over there." She shrugged. "Next town could be one hour away, or seven. Nothin' out here but dirt 'n' grass as far as the eye can see in any other direction."

Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 5:41 am

Boris smiled kindly to toushiko "id love to accompany you, its quite rare for me to find an understanding person, let alone one so gorgeous."he then stiffened as he looked behind toushiko before shoving her to the side, right as a soldier fired a crossbow dart into the space toushi once occupied. He grunted before launching a lance of ink like material at the soldier, it blunted so as to be nonlethal, but still hitting hard enough to knock him out. Boris then ripped out the bolt and grunted "sedative laced... Shit..." he wobbled slightly before smiling at toushiko "are you ok?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyFri May 18, 2018 2:51 am

*saw that you are back, is super excited*

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Craicte

Craicte

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 am

Bumping 4 convenience
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boris vs. Toushiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boris vs. Toushiko   Boris vs. Toushiko Empty

Back to top Go down

Boris vs. Toushiko
Page 1 of 1