Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mantis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Frogg

Frogg

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 10:59 am

"Aha! This is no mere trick! It's true power!"

Appearance:
Mantis Screaming_mantis_by_robce-d5lm069

Bio:
A powerful practitioner of telepathy and psychokinesis.

Born in Russia, more than psychotic, Mantis prides herself on her powers; She was able to read and influence minds from an early age. She is obsessed with demonstrating her ability and reading her opponents like open books, overwhelming them entirely with her powers. She is only catalysed by her armour, featuring an array of.. "Arms".
She abuses her abilities for her own means, whether that be through extracting information or completely damaging fragile minds, beyond willing to toy with and confuse her opponents as a source of entertainment. She genuinely believes she is above defeat, considering herself as the ultimatum of humanity. Losing is never seen in her clairvoyance. An unbeatable foe, with world as her oyster, if you were to ask her about it. However, her powers can be bypassed by particularly stubborn or strong-willed individuals.
Should her power ever be brought into question whether in battle, or simply at all, she will go out of her way to prove that she is the greatest practician of telepathy, ESP and more. But, she will fall into disbelief should she start to lose.

/Passive/ Clairvoyance: "Ha! There's no point, I already told you! I can read your every thought!"
The opponent's first attack will always miss. Also, once per battle, when an attack that would otherwise bring Mantis' Stamina to 0 rolls even, it will fail anyway.

/Passive/ Unforeseen: "No! T-This isn't possible!"
If Mantis falls under 5 Stamina, all attacks will require 2 rolls to hit.

Abilities:

Psycho Mantis: "So, you like Forumotion?"
Mantis delves deep into her opponent's psyche, mocking them with some obscure, yet strangely familiar information. As if they've heard of what she's talking about before, yet just can't grasp it entirely. Deals 2 damage, and inflicts paralysis.

Subconscious Connection: "Your mind is so.. WEAK! Weak! Weak! You don't really think you can beat me, do you?!"
Mantis establishes a mental link between her and the target, invading their thoughts, replacing them with lewd ideas of submitting themselves up to her. Deals 2 damage per turn until they spend a turn to remove the effect.

Cold Embrace: "Сдаваться.. I know more than anyone how much you like this.. Why not just let your carnal urges take over? Wouldn't that be so much easier?"
Mantis wraps metallic arms around her opponents in an iron hold, before gently kissing them. Inflicts Bind, and does 2 damage per turn.

Disappear: "Do you still doubt my power?!"
Mantis disappears before the very eyes of the enemy, avoiding any damage from their next attack.

Mind-Read: "..Oh my.. How filthy. Don't worry. We can flush out those disgusting urges, can’t we?"
Mantis searches the opponent's mind, learning all their dirty little secrets. Does 1 damage, and inflicts charm.

Analyse: "Aha! I can read you like an open book!"
Mantis searches into the opponent's mind, looking through their pasts to get a better understanding of their fighting style, making their next 2 attacks require 2 rolls to hit.

Overwhelm: "Как я и сказал! You can't beat me. You're nothing but another fragile mind for me to toy with!"
An information overload sending the opponent into a confused state, their deepest desires coming to light, lusting after Mantis, which she gladly obliges. Deals 5 damage.

Phantom Limbs: "I can feel your mind aching.. I've always liked the feeling as they slip. The intimacy.. For a split moment, they really think they love you."
Mantis caresses the opponent with her multitude of arms, both metallic and her own. This move is split into two parts, one turn spent in preparation, and the next in execution. Deals 8 damage, but can be interrupted during preparation.

Kinetic Blast:
Mantis blows a kiss to the opponent, which, upon contact, throws them backwards from the sheer force. Deals 3 damage.

/Finisher/ Break: "Aha! No future! No past! You live in the moment now! That's your only purpose!"
Mantis attempts to completely replace the opponent's memory, completely dedicating them to her. She leaves them drained and unconscious after a long, hard time with her.
They eventually come to, recovering themselves and their memories.

Last edited by Frogg on Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:16 am

Awww crap. Don't worry, I know how to beat her! *plugs controller into slot 2*

In all seriousness, I'd be down to face off against her. Looks well done.
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 11:32 am

Breaking the fourth wall already? xD, i seriously want to fight against her

Frogg

Frogg

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:17 pm

Hey, glad you two like her. Shoot me a PM and we can get something set up.  

SoloWingPixy

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:50 pm

You're pretty good! Y'know, a good, sexy profile like this has really kept me waiting, huh? I mean, Psycho Mantis? With abilities and an appearance like that, it's like one of my Japanese animes! Honestly, there's only one person I can think of who can beat her: SNAAAAAAKE!

...Um...all right, I think I'll quit while I'm extremely behind.

In all seriousness, I like this profile a lot! I'd ask to fight her, but I've already got a few RPs going on. Another time, though, definitely!

...Well, that, and I can't read her lines without hearing them in the gross, raspy voice of actual Psycho Mantis...

<<That kind of midara...they call a Demon Lord.>>
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Why can't I like posts dangit???
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 am

I wouldn't mind making my fighter become dedicated to her for keeps.

Sponsored content

Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mantis   Mantis Empty

Back to top Go down

Mantis
Page 1 of 1