Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 pm

"Ah our patient is awake, how are you feeling?"  A kitsune asked while she sauntered into Ryofu's room; the two familiar fox tails behind her and long pink hair revealed that it was Hestia, the one that was directing the operation.  Unlike before, she was no longer wearing the lab coat but had now donned a dark blue yukata with gray trimmings along the edge of the fabric.  In her hand was a clipboard with a few pages of medical information.  

Judging from her posture and stride, she retained her relaxed mannerism from before. However unlike Medea, she didn't display an once of exhaustion.  Her movement fluidly carried her over to one of the available chairs and relaxed on top of it, legs crossed.  As she does so, she was constantly alternating assessing the patient and looking over the medical notes.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Ryofu was deep in her own thoughts as she stared at the ceiling, letting it all sink in. The sound of an unfamiliar voice was enough to jolt her out of her mind, as she turned to look at the new person that greeted her.

Two fox tails...Ryofu remembered that she had seen a glimpse of this woman beforehand. Right before she had lost consciousness when they first got here. Luna had said the name of this woman once or twice...Hestia, she thought?

"Oh, uh...okay, I guess? I feel like if I move too quickly I'm going to regret it for the rest of the day, and I'm still waking up a little, but other then that...fine, I guess."

She could only imagine she had been working just as hard as Medea if not moreso, and yet she didn't look tired at all. It looked like she could go another 14 hours without stopping, at least from Ryofu's perspective. And the way she dressed was definitely not something she was used to; most certainly not doctor wear, that's for sure.

Ryofu slowly leaned up to face the new person. "Oof...I think Luna told me, a little about you. Hestia, right? It's good to meet you, finally."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm

"Well, the incision has yet to fully heal so I wouldn't recommend moving for a while. I did aid it a bit with a healing spell but the rest is medication to heal properly. That in itself should be within...4 days. The other recovery is a month medical therapy since your body doesn't quite like the new lungs yet. So...while you will be recovering for at least...a month, you will only be bed-ridden for 4 days." The kitsune murmured almost in absent-minded manner as her hazel eyes moved over to Ryofu's chest.
Hestia leaned back lazily on the chair with both of her tails to the right side.

"It is nice to meet you, Ryofu. Although..." Hestia's leans forward; there was a mischievous glint within her eyes. "...what is it that Luna said about me?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 11:38 am

Four days...that's definitely a lot better than she was expecting. Ryofu breathed a sigh of relief. Sure, she might be still recovering for the full month, but at least she didn't need to be kept in one bed the whole time. She probably wouldn't be feeling great with that month, but it was a small price to pay for all of this.

At her question though, Ryofu took a moment to remember exactly what Luna had said about Hestia earlier. It was definitely on the night they met.

"Well...Luna had said that you were serious about your work, when it came down to it. And also a little...aloof?" In truth, she remembered the terms that Luna used, that being 'flaky and precocious in demeanor' but she didn't want to throw Luna under the bus if she could help it. "She mentioned you and...Angie, I think, in passing, so we didn't get to talk about things a whole lot."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 10:45 pm

"Aloof? I would prefer nonchalant as I would like to get a bit...involved with people." She replied evenly as she pulled a pink flower-themed fan seemingly out of nowhere and spread out to cover her mouth, masking her mirth. Her continued mischievous demeanor implying her choice of her was no accident either. "Although she is right that I am earnest with what I do medically for others. It is after all one of my pride."

"But...I suppose that you did not have much time to speak of us...as you were dealing with your malady..." She paused for a good 5 second to ponder what they had discovered from the diseased lung sample. "It was a miracle that you were still alive...that and perhaps a testimony of your will? It makes me quite curious of you." Her gaze at Ryofu turned inquisitive.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm

Ryofu could not get a read on this woman, from how she acted. Her movements and actions had a certain grace to them that made it feel like every single movement was planned out far in advance. However, she could tell that was intentional. Mainly because, people that didn't know Ryofu well would have likely said similar things about her, back home. Probably not as flashy as this woman was, but at the very least, the intent was similar. And the familiarity to it was enough to not have it faze her too much.

"Well, I'm grateful for it all the same. Truth be told, before I met Luna, I had almost all but given up on finding anything, really..."

Her inquisitiveness towards Ryofu was enough to give her pause, however. While she had at least an idea of what she was, there was an air of mystery to her that was difficult to discern.

"C-Curious? Of me?" Something about her was enough to put her on guard, if only a little. Unnerving, almost. Like she was looking through her. She was a close associate of Luna, that much she knew. However, something about this 'Hestia' was quite different from the rabbit she had an idea of.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 7:30 pm

"Mhm.  You'e beaten odds that most others would have succumbed to."  She cast a gaze towards a particular direction as if she was looking towards something while she waved her fan idly looking rather unfocused for a moment before she finally looked back at Ryofu.  

"That is something I do admire in others.  The story behind such a will...is quite a tale to tell...but only if you are willing to tell it."  She genuinely looked fairly impressed though although they are mired in other indiscernible expressions.  Hestia could see Ryofu was a bit uneasy so she didn't press anymore to sating her curiosity.  "But there is no doubt, you will create...future tales in the future."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 pm

"Admire, huh...?"

Ryofu had tried to imply to Luna that she had done quite a few things she's not proud of. Even if she hadn't told Luna all of the details, there was a number of things that she felt like, if she had ever learned of, even Luna might have some choice words and reactions towards. Not just from the actions themselves, but Ryofu's own feelings during them. Some part of her enjoyed them, even if she knew she shouldn't.

"I did...a lot, to survive. I'm not sure how much Luna told you, but..." Ryofu looked away a little. "My story...isn't exactly pleasant. At the end of it, you might look at me like...like I'm a truly awful person." Ryofu was visibly uncomfortable by the prospect, her hands fiddling with the covers, but if Hestia truly wished to know, she'd tell it. "But...but if you really want to know...you have to promise me not to tell Luna...okay? She has...so much faith in me...and I..."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 11:29 pm

"Well, Luna did not say much.  Only that you had a hard life and that you had to do what was needed to survive.  But something that you be uncomfortable with telling Luna?  Oh my..."  She expressed the last statement, not with genuine shock but of one of interest.  Her mind race things that would potentially upset Luna for a moment; the delay may be rather uncomfortable especially with that grin.  

Then all of a sudden her demeanor made a sudden shift.  Gone was the curious trickster personality that Ryofu was wary of.  Her expression behind her fan still held a hint of playfulness but was more longer the dominant trait as it was mixed in with a much more mature look.  "Tell me...how much do you know about Luna?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 11:47 pm

"About Luna? Well..." Ryofu paused for a moment, recalling all that she could remember Luna had told her. Along with everything she felt like she could tell from the rabbit.

"She told me that...she was a soldier, earlier in her life. Seemed like she'd had her own share of troubles in her life. Other then that, though? Not a whole lot. But..."

Ryofu looked up to meet Hestia's new look. It was clear to Ryofu that what she was seeing was another side of her now. She looked almost...understanding. Like a stern parent, almost. "From what I can tell about her, personally...she always seemed so patient with me. Logical, too. When she gets really focused on something, it felt like she'd just keep going with it for as long as she could unless someone stopped her. But, above it all...she..she told me that...that I deserved to live. And even though I trust her, and believe her...there's some things I've done that I don't think I could tell her."

Ryofu looked down at her hands as she spoke. Sometimes, it was as if she could see all the blood still on them, and so much more. So much worse. It didn't use to bother her like it does now. She had always done it, to survive. To keep both of them safe. To keep pushing forward. That's what she had always told herself. And now, it had led her here, where she was finally free from all of it. And yet...could she face herself? The person that she was, compared to the person she is now?

"Hey, Hestia...is it selfish, if...the one thing that scares me the most, is if she reacted to these kinds of things the way that...I'm imagining she would? That she would call me the monster that...I still think I am?"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Hestia had been quick to notice Ryofu looking at her hand and immediately knew the symbolism at the gesture almost taking reality.  Blood on her hands that have not yet been washed yet.  It was the look that she'd seen on so many of those that had either killed for the first time or had not fully came into terms with what they've done.  

She cross her legs as she leaned against the back of her chair.  Her hand closed to collapse the fan as she tapped it against her chin in thought. "Selfish...is not the word that I would call it.  Luna is the person you've form the closest relation with and you are afraid to lose that bond."  She turned to face Ryofu once more.  "But...how do you know that Luna does not has her own fears...of let's say... letting you down?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 9:32 pm

Ryofu's eyes never left her hands as Hestia talked. A number of thoughts were rushing through her head just from the thought of it all.

However, one statement gave her pause, and made her look up to face the fox woman.

"Letting...me down?" The look on Ryofu's face was one of bewilderment. It was as if she was having trouble even processing that thought.

"Luna's done all of this, that I thought nearly impossible, simply because she wanted to! How in the world could she ever...let me down..." There was most likely a lot about Luna she didn't know, but even with that, she had done so much for her, and believed in her. Her mind was racing, trying to think of anything that would be even close to that, and coming up with nothing.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 11:05 pm

"Well it is an example that may or may not be true. But if you have heard of that...it sounds quite...inane does it not? But...she is able to help your body become healthy again...yet not able to help you help you forgive yourself and face your inner demons. Able to save you from your life long disease...yet not from yourself. It is not so inane as you would think..." She unfolded her fan and started to fan herself as her gaze moved upward to the ceiling once more.

Then she lets out a soft laugh behind the fan that seemed a bit out of place. Her smile hints of amusement, teasing.

"And I could imagine that she could not possibly imagine you being fully accountable for your action ....especially given the type of person Luna is." Then said mischievous expression fades back to the more mature one. Her two tail slowly wags back and forth near Ryofu. "To bring the subject back from before. Your fears is normal...expected almost. But...it would be best if you come to terms with it with Luna...less it becomes quite the liability."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Ryofu was given a moment of pause as she listened to Hestia's words. Even if she was clearly enjoying dancing around the subject, there was some truth to them, that, if Luna knew about her own inner turmoil...would she be disappointed in her? Disappointed in herself, that she couldn't do anything about it?

"She would say something like that, wouldn't she?" Her voice had a wistful tone to it, as her mind was replaying all of the individual scenes she had known of her. No matter what she could tell Luna, chances are she would find some reason to justify it. 'You were confused.' 'You didn't have a choice.' 'You had to do everything you could to survive.' Things like that and more, and none of them would really put Ryofu's mind at ease.

In truth, she didn't feel like anything could really make her see what she did differently. And yet...

"You think that...I should just be honest, about...all of it?"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 10:02 pm

"Honestly...?" She paused at the word overlay of Ryofu's question of the subject. "...Luna may be the best person for that. At the very least...it gives her a deeper understanding of you..." The inquisitive look returned back to Ryofu, as if figuring something out as before "At the most...it will help her figure how to help if she can." It was the most straight forward answer that the verbally evasive fox had given in this entire conversation.

She was about to say more but there was a small beeping on her noise. Hestia took out a small hand size device and looked at it and sighed. "I am afraid I am being called. So much for me being lazy today."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 6:30 pm

"How to help, huh...?" In her mind, she could Luna's actual reaction to all of this. Pity, determination, and hope. Something about that was why she envied the rabbit like she did, but also appreciated her company. One of the reasons why she enjoyed the thought of working with her, and being friends.

Resolved to finish this, one way or another, no matter how the outcome, she nodded to herself with a new look in her eyes. "Right! I should just...be open about everything! Luna's always...so patient, and worried. I have to just...lay it all out there, and what happens, happens!"

Most of the current situation leaving her mind, she made a motion that was about to get up, before a sharp pain went up her side, and she relented, laying back onto the bed. "Ow, ow ow.....dammit..."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 12:16 am

"Well before that...you probably need to recover first."  She jest with an amusing wry smile.  "I will occasionally check back on you... to make sure it is safe to start accelerating the healing with magic."  Hestia took a moment to lazily use her tails to lift herself from her seat before she started to turn towards the door.  

However, she paused for a brief moment to look around Ryofu's room for a moment before she frowned.  "Do you not get bored here?  There is a button on the left arm of the bed if you need hospital service.  Food, entertainment, company, a lover~..."  The last part was intentional to try to throw Ryofu's mind into a brief tizz before she giggles behind her fan.  "I was mostly kidding of that last part.  But if you need hospital service, please ring.  In the meanwhile..."  The fox doctor reached into her yukata and handed Ryofu a booklet with some information about IDOL, their workings, goals, and other detailed information about them.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 2:25 am

Ryofu let out a sigh as the pain started to fade from her side. She knew the fox woman was right, but damn, it was going to take some time to get used to. She'd learn to adjust to it, but hopefully she wouldn't have to get too accustomed to the feeling. The last thing she'd want was to be some kind of invalid.

That last comment was enough to jolt her back up, however. "L-Lover?!?" The word on its own would normally never get under her skin. Especially since she could tell this woman was looking for a rise out of her. However, while it did give her an emotional spike, it was probably not for the reasons she was expecting.

"Lover? Hmm...sounds way too formal. Like something out of a romance novel. Let's just call it...that we're together. How's that sound?"

A soft hue crossed Ryofu's face as some of the few pleasurable memories from her early life came back to her, some soft, others more rough. She seemed to space out for a moment, recollection hitting her as the small pamphlet came into view.

"O-Oh, yeah, thanks...I'm sure I won't be too bored around here, though." She took the booklet and used it to hide, just a little. Inwardly, she cursed herself for letting her own mind get the better of her like that. All this time, and she still just couldn't let go of all of those memories. All of those feelings and emotions. Was this also something she was going to have to bring up to Luna, too? She definitely wasn't looking forward to that, in particular.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 6:38 pm

The kitsune was momentarily puzzle by Ryofu's sudden vacant look especially after the shocked expression to her teasing words. It was seconds later replaced by a wry smile. The mischievious fox recognized the lovey-dovey look that was clearly on the girl's face. She wondered if she was thinking of either Luna or Medea whom Ryofu had quicked bonded with.

"Well...if you say so. I do not want to get in the way of your thoughts~" Hestia teased for a brief moment before . "But...make sure to remember what I have told you. In the meanwhile, I better see what this signal is about. Be well." She waved before exiting the room as the noisy device beeped again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail   Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chasing a Rabbit by the Tail
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6