Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dot: Mechanic Witch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Dot: Mechanic Witch Empty
PostSubject: Dot: Mechanic Witch   Dot: Mechanic Witch EmptyWed May 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Dot: Mechanic Witch Jvaynn10
Description: A master of unconventional magic...or so she’d like you to believe. Once a student in the Magical Academy, Dot left in a huff when she didn’t feel like it suited her, or at least what they wanted her to be. She took the title of “Witch” that she read in a few textbooks because of their incredible and interesting abilities, despite not really understanding why people seemed to see them as “taboo” and something to fear, and set out on her own to find her own path in life. She was quite handy even before coming to the academy, knowing her way around a set of tools and machinery, and now uses it along with the 4 familiars she acquired using what magic she learned during her time. In essence, it allows her to imitate and replicate magic that she shouldn’t normally be capable of, making her quite the fearsome caster...when it works.

She has a number of tools on her person at any given time. The first is her trusty broom, and she has enough mastery of it that she’s capable of fairly skilled and fast flight. At the end is a lantern where the 4 “Familiars” are stored. They are Pluto, Florae, Jack and Frosty, that being Dark, Light, Fire and Ice “familiars”, respectively. In truth, all of them are not Familiars at all, but instead Homunculi, living creatures she has created and infused her own magic into, that act the part of Familiars. Unlike most mages, she lacks the ability to summon them at will, and has to pull them out whenever she wants one of their help. She has two mementos from home, that being her headband and umbrella. She’s since found a way to make her umbrella into a makeshift wand, using it for more traditional spells, and occasionally a whacking stick, being surprisingly durable. She also has an absolutely massive sweet tooth, and tends to hide a few pieces of candy on her person at all times.

Appearance: Her outfit is entirely custom made, by herself. She takes great care in how close she got to the original look she found in the books, even if she tries to hide it. Pluto resembles a black cat, Florae has the appearance of a strange, fairy/bug like creature, Jack seems to have a pumpkin head with a cloak and a hat similar to her own, and Frosty is a living snowman with a bucket on his head. She named them all personally after summoning them for the first time, and all of them seem to have developed personalities of their own. Jack’s a troublemaker, Frost seems to be something of an airhead, Pluto is sassy, and Florae seems to be the only one that listens to Dot every time.

Passives:

Luck of the Arcane

“Come on, baby, I know you can do this, please make this work….YES!”
All of Dot’s “magic” is extremely unpredictable, even to Dot. When it works, it can replicate some of the strongest spells in common knowledge. When it fails...things tend to explode. The actual properties of Dot’s attacks depend on what number is rolled during that attack. Any successful attack above 75 is considered a Great Success, anything between 75 and 25 is considered a Success,and anything under 25 is considered a Failure. In addition, any Great Successes will grant a single Lucky Point, which makes the next attack ignore a potential Failure. A Crit Fail will also have her recieve the negative effects of that moves Failure state along with the standard Crit Fail conditions. If she received a Lucky Point, she can’t earn another for another 3 turns after expending it. She can also use special attacks when using these Lucky Points, but the attacks used in this fashion don’t receive the same boost.

Magical Flight

“Hey, just because I’m clumsy sometimes, doesn’t mean I can’t make this baby soar!”
Dot’s skill with a magic broom is respectable for someone like her. She is capable of fighting perfectly fine as she flies, and she can move quite quickly during it, but a blow to her concentration can send her tumbling. At the start of any battle, Dot starts on her broom, and gives her -1 damage on any one physical attack (cannot make any attack do 0 damage). Two attacks from said physical hits will cause her to plummet and lose the status. Dot can regain her status of Magical Flight by expending a turn to bring the effect back. Using any move that summons any of her mechanical devices temporarily disables the effects of the attack for that turn.

Attacks:

Magic Missile

“Go, Florae, go! I know I can count on you for this!”
Dot pulls Florae out of the lantern and imbues him with magical energy, sending him at the target at lightning speed, like a living current of energy and crackling with power. The zap from the blast can be enough to stiffen the joints of a target, but the wild and erratic movements of Florae have a tendency to come back directly into Dot as well.
Great Success: Deals 2 damage, and allows Dot’s next attack to act at advantage.
Success: Deals 2 damage, and has a chance of allowing Dot’s next attack to act at advantage.
Failure: Deals 1 damage, and allows opponent’s next attack to act at advantage.

Broomstick Spin

“You might think something like this might make me suuuuuper dizzy, but I’m super coordinated! I once did this for a whole hour without barfing!”
If grounded, Dot calls forth Florae to enhance her broom, spinning it and using it as a baton to deliver a fierce thwack. If used while Magical Flight is still active, Dot instead uses the magic to cause both her and the broom to bounce at high speeds repeatedly towards the target, crashing into them and using the momentum to keep herself flying after the act. Regardless of the number, using this move while Magical Flight is active grants advantage. The momentum of a successful attack can be enough to launch her back into the air, or possibly disrupt her balance enough to send her mind spinning.
Great Success: Deals 3 damage, and if not having Magical Flight active, will regain the status.
Success: Deals 3 damage.
Failure: Deals 2 damage, but either removes Magical Flight if applicable or leaves her open for the opponent’s next attack.

Florae Spotlight

“I haven’t actually tested this one yet but I’m about seventy five percent confident it’s not going to blow up in our faces!”
Requires an active Lucky Point. Dot summons Florae out of the lantern, who proceeds to hit the ground hard and morph into a giant flashlight that she can barely lift with two hands. Light builds in the bulb before basically exploding into a cone of pure light, blinding anyone unfortunate enough to be caught in the bright display. A successful hit with an experimental design is enough to send her confidence soaring, but it is quite unreliable, potentially blowing light all around Dot instead of towards the enemy.
Great Success: Deals 2 damage. Inflicts Stun, and the next attack done by Dot is a guaranteed to both hit and be a Great Success. Acid Rain’s Stun effect won’t activate if used next, however, and a Lucky Point won’t be received from said attack.
Success: Deals 2 damage. Inflicts Stun, and Dot’s next attack acts at advantage.
Failure: Deals 1 damage. Dot’s next attack has her Success rate removed, making rolls under 75 be considered Failures.

Lava Potion No. 9

“Alright Jack, hop to it! There’s work to be done!”
Dot pulls Jack out of her lantern, taking the form of a potion, before throwing it at the opponent’s feet, coating the ground in a hot, magma like substance that expands where it lands, or, in the case of a failure, explodes, usually in her face.
Great Success: Deals 2 damage, inflicts Burn that can’t be removed for 2 turns.
Success: Deals 2 damage, and has a chance of inflicting Burn (additional roll), which is a free action to be checked on top of their own every turn.
Failure: Deals 1 damage, and inflicts Burn on Dot.

Raging Fire Furnace

“Jack, I’m gonna need you to work with me on this, alright? Match my movements, okay?!?”
Requires an active Lucky Point. Dot has Jack summon up a massive Jack o’ Lantern shaped furnace with two pedals, and using both of their weights at once, press down on them at once, sending scores of hot coals at the targets which explode on contact with the ground. The results tend to be extremely unstable, throwing up anything from massive balls of burning hot coals, to simply exploding under the stress, which can also be deadly.
Great Success: Deals 4 damage. If the target was afflicted with Burn, the attack Stuns.
Success: Deals 3 damage
Failure: Deals 3 damage, inflicts 2 damage to Dot and can’t be used for another 4 turns.

Black Manteau

“Pluto, how about you tie that slugabed up?!?”
Dot “summons” Pluto, who transforms his body into a large black ribbon that quickly encircles the target. The ribbon tightly holds the target and squeezes for as long as it is capable. Pluto tends to do as he pleases, however, and has a tendency to sometimes wrap Dot up with the target as well.
Great Success: Deals 2 damage, inflicts Bind, dealing 1 damage per turn until a successful struggle, and opponent has disadvantage on the first turn of struggle.
Success: Deals 2 damage, and inflicts Bind.
Failure: Deals 1 damage, but leaves Dot open for an automatic success from the opponent’s next attack.

Candy Crush

“It hurts me to waste good candy as much as this is gonna hurt you!”
Requires an active Lucky Point. Calling on all 4 familiar’s power, she uses their magic to form a giant lollipop, crashing it down onto her opponent. The pieces of the lollipop break off and form giant pieces of candy, which fly back to Dot as a little bit of a pick-me-up. The actual taste of the lollipop is up to the hand of luck, and can be anywhere from a refreshingly sweet taste to a strikingly bitter one that lingers like a bad aftertaste.
Great Success: Deals 4 damage. Heals Dot for 2 damage.
Success: Deals 3 damage. Heals Dot for 1 damage.
Failure: Deals 3 damage. Poisons Dot, doing 1 point of damage for 3 turns.

Acid Rain

“Frosty, I’m gonna need you to focus on this one! Okay?!? Now go!”
Dot pulls Frosty out of her lantern and throws him skyward, morphing into a storming thundercloud that rains acid rain onto the target. The cloud has a tendency to cause stray lightning bolts of surprising power, but their movements are erratic, wild, and uncontrollable.
Great Success: Deals 2 damage, inflicts Attack down for 2 turns, and inflicts Stun.
Success: Deals 2 damage, and inflicts Attack Down for 2 turns.
Failure: Deals 1 damage, and inflicts Stun on Dot.

Gravitas

“Magic can do all sorts of crazy things, if you really put your mind to it! The elements, the mind, even the very parts that make up what we are; all of them are right at our fingertips!”
Dot pulls Pluto out of the lantern and makes him form a giant machine resembling a cat’s head. The machine reverses the flow of gravity violently, flinging the target into the air before sending them crashing back down with incredible force. The effect is wide, and Dot may potentially not steer clear in time to prevent getting caught up in the effect as well.
Great Success: Deals 3 damage and inflicts down.
Success: Deals 3 damage and has a chance of inflicting down (additional roll).
Failure: Deals 2 damage, but has a chance of inflicting down on Dot (additional roll). If Dot is currently under Magical Flight, the effect is instantly removed.

Frosty Snow Cone

“I know you hate using this one, Frosty, but hang in there!”
Requires an active Lucky Point. Pulling Frosty out of the lantern, she throws him to the ground as he forms an absolutely massive ice shaving machine. Grabbing on to the top and using her weight to spin the crank, the machine shoots out giant chunks of ice towards the targets, slowed by the cooling air. Even after it dissipates, the freezing air left behind is enough to make anyone feel sluggish, but it’s also very possible that the act of the crank moving her is enough to throw off her balance even further.
Great Success: Deals 4 damage and inflicts disadvantage against Dot for two turns.
Success: Deals 3 damage and inflicts disadvantage against Dot for the next turn.
Failure: Deals 3 damage, inflicts 2 damage to Dot and and gives her the Downed status.

Candy Break

“Hey hey, time out! I need a second to get my brain working again! ...what’s with that look? Alright, fine, here, you can have one too.”
Dot takes a second to check her person for a piece of candy, popping it in her mouth and having the sugar rush be enough to get her concentration back up again. All of her candy is homemade, and can run the gamut from being delightfully sweet, being just the right pick me up her brain needed to focus harder, to extremely bitter, enough to throw off her concentration even further, and she won’t know for sure until she tastes it herself. Dot can only use this move twice in any given fight, and can’t use the attack the first time until at least 7 turns in.
Great Success: Replicates the effects of a Lucky Point for the next three attacks. This does not let her use Lucky Point specific moves.
Success: Replicates the effects of a Lucky Point for her next attack. This does not let her use Lucky Point specific moves.
Failure: Removes the chance of a Success for Dot’s next move, making 1-75 be considered failure.

True Magic

“Y-You want me to use...real, magic? W-What are you talking about, my stuff is...totally, real magic, hahah…”
Only usable at 1/4th HP. Dot doesn’t like to bring attention to it, but her own natural magic had a reputation back in the academy. It either worked flawlessly...or exploded violently, the latter being much more common. She tries to avoid it nowadays, but when push comes to shove, she may attempt to make use of it, for better or worse. Focusing all of what she’s capable on the tip of her Parasol, she attempts to use it to fire a massive concentrated blast of multi-colored stars. Deals 6 hits, doing 1 damage each, regardless of Success rate. Has no Success quotient, resulting in either Great Success at 75 or up, or Failure at anything below. If over 3 of the attacks are Failures, the parasol explodes from the strain and the move becomes unusable for the rest of the fight, damaging her for 2 HP in the process. Has a 3 turn cooldown.

“Back at the academy, all they ever cared about was the science to magic, and studying it for the sake of it. Gag me! Where’s the fun? The excitement? The wonder of it all? I’m making it a point to never forget the MAGIC of magic, and I’m gonna use it how I want to!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I workshopped out something else again. Jumpin' on the Witch Train, choo hoo. I'm actually using a lot of inspiration from something in particular, but I'm curious to see if anyone gets it or not. Big thanks to SoloWingPixy, SnowinSummer, Dataslycer, Warrior of Darkness, and everyone else who pitched in to help me make this not absurdly broken. You would not believe how much she was on first draft, hoo boy.

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

Dot: Mechanic Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dot: Mechanic Witch   Dot: Mechanic Witch EmptyWed May 08, 2019 5:58 pm

I love her already!!

Dot: Mechanic Witch
Page 1 of 1